Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:20:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses - Live in London 2012 movie
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses - Live in London 2012 movie  (Read 116794 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #120 on: October 12, 2012, 05:17:19 PM »

I really dont even think its about promoting the new lineup.... I mean has it ever been about that?

i dont think a DVD featuring it is going to change peoples perceptions of them...

but for the few of us fans ... i think it will be a great watch and a great thing to have and to enjoy

The new line up is the only line up appearing in it, so my guess would be that's who will be promoted.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2012, 04:08:33 AM »

Not to be an asshole but, even though I really like the fact that there will be a dvd of Guns (the footage looks spectacular by the way!), it surprises me that they took a show where Axl didn't sound that good (almost like repeating vma's 2002 in my opinion). Maybe this release is somewhat pre determend, cause there were allot of extra HD camara's and all, but that shouldn't be the main reason to release it? The 2010 O2 show for instance Axl actually sounded like the Axl we know and kicked so much more ass then this one. He was so much much stronger vocally back then. Please don't say that 'I wasn't there' cause I think I had good comparison since I went tot a 2010 show and 2012 and......well.... there's a difference you know. Even the youtube vids can tell you that. Anyway this is meant as constructive critisim and not bashing in any form. I would like the band to be showcased brilliantly so it kinda surprises me. Perhaps I'm wrong but this is my 'preview'.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
NickyGNR
Opening Act

« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2012, 11:55:44 AM »

Axl's voice sounds better than ever! \m/
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2012, 02:06:53 PM »

Not to be an asshole but, even though I really like the fact that there will be a dvd of Guns (the footage looks spectacular by the way!), it surprises me that they took a show where Axl didn't sound that good (almost like repeating vma's 2002 in my opinion). Maybe this release is somewhat pre determend, cause there were allot of extra HD camara's and all, but that shouldn't be the main reason to release it? The 2010 O2 show for instance Axl actually sounded like the Axl we know and kicked so much more ass then this one. He was so much much stronger vocally back then. Please don't say that 'I wasn't there' cause I think I had good comparison since I went tot a 2010 show and 2012 and......well.... there's a difference you know. Even the youtube vids can tell you that. Anyway this is meant as constructive critisim and not bashing in any form. I would like the band to be showcased brilliantly so it kinda surprises me. Perhaps I'm wrong but this is my 'preview'.

I think comparing what was heard in the trailer to the 2002 VMA performance is an atrocious comparison.  Absolutely horrendous comparison.

Ali
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #124 on: October 13, 2012, 02:43:41 PM »

I think comparing what was heard in the trailer to the 2002 VMA performance is an atrocious comparison.  Absolutely horrendous comparison.

Ali

Well, I agree to a certain extend that my comparison on that matter ain't 100% correct, but not that far off as you make it to be. Look at it this way: what was heard in the trailer ain't that bad no, but to me what it comes down to, is that we know that Axl is capable of so much more vocal wise, and has proven two years earlier that he was on fire. Then the choice of this show seems kinda strange for showcasing what Guns N' Roses is capable of. In 2010 the band but mostly Axl's vocals gave me goosebumps, beeing at the show it was magic. In 2012 mosty, I couldn't help thinking hmm 'I've heard him way better not that long ago'. I got to make clear though that for me, there were still magic moments and loved the 2012 shows, but, you know, that beeing said: the rest of my comments in my earlier post should hold up. Besides: do you think that the clip of 14 years and paradise is that good or far off from the vocals from 2002? And no I'm not talking about showmanship, or fysical appearance. That is obviously present.  Smiley

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #125 on: October 13, 2012, 02:58:59 PM »

Ah, the usual....

So it's better to not have a release of a live show because it will never be 100% perfect for somebody?
If there was no movie, you wouldn't have anything to complain about. I guess that would be better... No?

I don't see the apparent need some of you have to find something to complain about. What's the point?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #126 on: October 13, 2012, 03:21:23 PM »

Ah, the usual....

So it's better to not have a release of a live show because it will never be 100% perfect for somebody?
If there was no movie, you wouldn't have anything to complain about. I guess that would be better... No?

I don't see the apparent need some of you have to find something to complain about. What's the point?

/jarmo

? With all due respect, I think I had some constructive feedback on this topic and in regards to Ali's post? I have the uttmost respect in regards to communicating on this board and not randomly putting out comments. I rarely post anymore, so I don't follow everyone's comments and I don't know about 'ah, the usual...' and I'm not here to derail this topic either, thank you.

'So it's better to not have a release of a live show because it will never be 100% perfect for somebody?'

Please re-read my comments I would suggest. Never said anything that comes remotely close to that, and I'm not aiming at that direction you mentioned either. I don't know why your assuming that (if your comments are based on my two posts)?

I find it weird that you react so defensive, when I'm not attacking anyone in any form or way. I don't have 'the apparent need to find something to complain about' either. My comments are based on logic. Dare I say that perhaps my mind works kinda different then some of you on here,  Wink anyway, I guess the defensive attitude comes with the territory of running this board? Again I have lots or respect for this topic, intend and this board and far most Guns N'Roses.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 03:25:41 PM by Dont Try Me » Logged

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #127 on: October 13, 2012, 03:59:31 PM »

for all the things in the world to bitch about having gnr release a concert dvd from not your fav gig is not really dramatic.

anyways i cant wait to see it peace

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
CBGNR
« Reply #128 on: October 13, 2012, 04:07:16 PM »

I agree with Dont Try Me,and it's not looking for something to complain about,I love Gnr and it's only a short clip but to me it doesn't sound all that great. That was just my first impression,and maybe my opinion might change after seeing the entire show.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 04:39:07 PM by CBGNR » Logged
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #129 on: October 13, 2012, 04:09:38 PM »

for all the things in the world to bitch about having gnr release a concert dvd from not your fav gig is not really dramatic.

True that! yeah, I probably end up buying the thing anyways, oh well, carry on with the positive aspects  hihi

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #130 on: October 13, 2012, 04:16:44 PM »

That HD trailer looks SUPERB, can't wait to see this going to be awesome... I just think it's an amazing thing to be able to watch a GN'R show recorded by GN'R's own camera's and authorization, HD as well.  drool
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #131 on: October 13, 2012, 06:02:37 PM »

? With all due respect, I think I had some constructive feedback on this topic and in regards to Ali's post? I have the uttmost respect in regards to communicating on this board and not randomly putting out comments. I rarely post anymore, so I don't follow everyone's comments and I don't know about 'ah, the usual...' and I'm not here to derail this topic either, thank you.

How is it constructive?

So you prefer the 2010 London show. Ok.

We don't have a time machine. We can't go back, film the 2010 show in HD and release it. I'm sorry.

'So it's better to not have a release of a live show because it will never be 100% perfect for somebody?'

Please re-read my comments I would suggest. Never said anything that comes remotely close to that, and I'm not aiming at that direction you mentioned either. I don't know why your assuming that (if your comments are based on my two posts)

It's the constant need to finding something wrong with everything.

For years we had fucking nothing. Absolutely nothing. To the point that some made it their mission to make shit up.

In recent years we have had plenty of things to discuss and yet some always need to put a negative spin on things. The shows some didn't attend didn't feature the songs they wanted, there's something wrong with a trailer for a concert film blah blah blah.

I find it weird that you react so defensive, when I'm not attacking anyone in any form or way. I don't have 'the apparent need to find something to complain about' either. My comments are based on logic.

If they were based on logic, you would know that the 2012 O2 show has very little to do with the 2010 ones.

Why even go there?

Why do you need to bring negative things up in a thread that's supposed to be positive?

And for those who can't see what's positive: There's a GN'R (you know, your favorite band?) concert film coming out. When was the last time that happened?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #132 on: October 13, 2012, 06:46:17 PM »

True that! yeah, I probably end up buying the thing anyways, oh well, carry on with the positive aspects  hihi

First, No one have heard seen or watched the show yet (other then the people that went to the show). And hey! Izzy is there to! They did 14 yeard goddammit!
I cant wait to see this! And for the debate about good and bad shows.. this is a rock n roll Guns N Roses concert! This band has always been about the whole concert experiece and live energy! Who cares if bumble or Richard miss i note, or Axl for that matter. This is not dream theatre, this is so much more!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #133 on: October 13, 2012, 07:24:39 PM »

How is it constructive?

So you prefer the 2010 London show. Ok.

We don't have a time machine. We can't go back, film the 2010 show in HD and release it. I'm sorry.

Please re-read my comments I would suggest. Never said anything that comes remotely close to that, and I'm not aiming at that direction you mentioned either. I don't know why your assuming that (if your comments are based on my two posts)

It's the constant need to finding something wrong with everything.

For years we had fucking nothing. Absolutely nothing. To the point that some made it their mission to make shit up.

In recent years we have had plenty of things to discuss and yet some always need to put a negative spin on things. The shows some didn't attend didn't feature the songs they wanted, there's something wrong with a trailer for a concert film blah blah blah.

I find it weird that you react so defensive, when I'm not attacking anyone in any form or way. I don't have 'the apparent need to find something to complain about' either. My comments are based on logic.

If they were based on logic, you would know that the 2012 O2 show has very little to do with the 2010 ones.

Why even go there?

Why do you need to bring negative things up in a thread that's supposed to be positive?

And for those who can't see what's positive: There's a GN'R (you know, your favorite band?) concert film coming out. When was the last time that happened?

/jarmo

Well, I'm not asking for a time machine or something, don't be silly lol. The only point I have is that if it were up to me, I would pick allmost every 2010 show, over a 2012 one. Just because in my opinion Axl was in top form and why not celebrate that as well, even tho not HD?

You're second critique I can totally understand, but since I guess you re-read my comments, you also saw lost of positiveness in it. It would be a shame if some critique is held for bashing, that would be to easy, cheap shots or comments that no one can urgue against like a 'time machine' one. That's common sence anyway Wink Don't overlook that not everyone here is to be a party pooper. I'm not. For what it's worth: viva Guns   Cheesy

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #134 on: October 13, 2012, 08:04:38 PM »

Well, I'm not asking for a time machine or something, don't be silly lol. The only point I have is that if it were up to me, I would pick allmost every 2010 show, over a 2012 one. Just because in my opinion Axl was in top form and why not celebrate that as well, even tho not HD?

Makes no sense.

You would pick.

But you can't. It's not possible.

If you decide to film something tomorrow, you can't say "well I would choose footage from 2010". It makes no sense!

If they had filmed every single show since December 1009 with multiple cameras in HD, maybe then you could say that.

/jarmo

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #135 on: October 13, 2012, 11:47:16 PM »

Ali

Well, I agree to a certain extend that my comparison on that matter ain't 100% correct, but not that far off as you make it to be. Look at it this way: what was heard in the trailer ain't that bad no, but to me what it comes down to, is that we know that Axl is capable of so much more vocal wise, and has proven two years earlier that he was on fire. Then the choice of this show seems kinda strange for showcasing what Guns N' Roses is capable of. In 2010 the band but mostly Axl's vocals gave me goosebumps, beeing at the show it was magic. In 2012 mosty, I couldn't help thinking hmm 'I've heard him way better not that long ago'. I got to make clear though that for me, there were still magic moments and loved the 2012 shows, but, you know, that beeing said: the rest of my comments in my earlier post should hold up. Besides: do you think that the clip of 14 years and paradise is that good or far off from the vocals from 2002? And no I'm not talking about showmanship, or fysical appearance. That is obviously present.  Smiley
Axl's breath control and support from the clips in the trailer is much better than the 2002 VMAs, and his pitch is much better too. I understand you think it may not be as good as whatever you saw or heard in 2010, but it's not in the same league as the 2002 VMAs.

Ali
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #136 on: October 14, 2012, 03:44:32 AM »

http://www.forumcinemas.lv/eng/Event/301007/?dt=09.11.2012&eventType=1_1000

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #137 on: October 14, 2012, 04:19:17 AM »

length 1h 30min  nervous that cant be the whole show?

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
deadflowerII
« Reply #138 on: October 14, 2012, 04:53:00 AM »