Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:52:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses - Live in London 2012 movie
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses - Live in London 2012 movie  (Read 116875 times)
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2012, 05:30:12 PM »

I didn't say it was Axl promoting it, i said it's a little nasty to use it as a promotion after all the shit Axl said about it. (hall of fame)
And even if Axl wasn't aware of that... well ace, you gotta be aware of what goes around in your band... otherwise i guess we gotta question that leadership that he so wanted in 1991,and that he got. If you dunno what the hell is going on around your band... that can't be a good sign of leadership now can it?

I've never read anyone who claims to be a FAN of something whine so much every time something positive happens.

A GN'R show from this year was one, Professionally filmed and two, will be shown in cinemas.. and you're complaining about what's written in the trailer?

The band sounds like a truck is about to slam into your face, the camera works looks fantastic, the audience looks huge - and you're whining.

Jog on, little man.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2012, 05:57:15 PM »

Nobody's making a big deal about it dude.  Its just ironic, don't ya think?

Five pages in and this is all some people have talked about. I have to dispute this statement. Wink
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2012, 08:41:34 PM »

The problem is that Axl refused his induction, and now he's promoting something using that induction...does that make any sense to you?

Also the people who were inducted are not playing in this band...so to portray them as Hall of Famers... a little bit stupid and harsh i think.

For a guy who likes to act like he knows about how GN'R works, you sure don't show it!

Where exactly in the clip do you see Axl promoting the concert video?

It's so silly how some of you will find anything to complain about.

For years it was "no shows", then it was "the setlist", then "no official live releases" and now? You whine about how somebody chooses to promote a live release.

Get over it.

The silly Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame is what the average public knows. The old songs is what the same people know.

Don't get all upset if somebody decides to use Welcome To The Jungle to promote a GN'R show somewhere in the world. It's a Guns N' Roses song. And chances are the people going to that show will hear Guns N' Roses play it!

You really need to get over this whole "old band / new band" shit. It's Guns N' Roses.

Anyone else find it funny how it looks like we're finally getting a kick ass official DVD and now people are complaining and arguing about how the music industry works and the tagline used in the German Trailer? Wow.

It's priceless.

Some GN'R fans....

/jarmo

I didn't say it was Axl promoting it, i said it's a little nasty to use it as a promotion after all the shit Axl said about it. (hall of fame)
And even if Axl wasn't aware of that... well ace, you gotta be aware of what goes around in your band... otherwise i guess we gotta question that leadership that he so wanted in 1991,and that he got. If you dunno what the hell is going on around your band... that can't be a good sign of leadership now can it?

Being the leader and lead singer of the band is one thing.  Controlling how your band is promoted and marketed is yet another.  Being aware of what goes on in your band is one thing, being aware of what goes on outside it, in the areas of marketing and promotion are yet another.  You're lumping things together in effort to lay blame because it's easier to lay blame at Axl's feet.  But, as mentioned before, the things you are trying to assign blame for are not his responsibility.

Ali

In the end... Axl's in charge... If he wasn't i could just make a bubble boy Axl toy sell it on wall mart and Axl wouldn't even know i would make money out of his pockets... don't be so naive...

Oh My God i cant deny this...
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2012, 08:52:01 PM »

In the end... Axl's in charge... If he wasn't i could just make a bubble boy Axl toy sell it on wall mart and Axl wouldn't even know i would make money out of his pockets... don't be so naive...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personality_rights
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2012, 09:03:14 PM »

The problem is that Axl refused his induction, and now he's promoting something using that induction...does that make any sense to you?

Also the people who were inducted are not playing in this band...so to portray them as Hall of Famers... a little bit stupid and harsh i think.

For a guy who likes to act like he knows about how GN'R works, you sure don't show it!

Where exactly in the clip do you see Axl promoting the concert video?

It's so silly how some of you will find anything to complain about.

For years it was "no shows", then it was "the setlist", then "no official live releases" and now? You whine about how somebody chooses to promote a live release.

Get over it.

The silly Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame is what the average public knows. The old songs is what the same people know.

Don't get all upset if somebody decides to use Welcome To The Jungle to promote a GN'R show somewhere in the world. It's a Guns N' Roses song. And chances are the people going to that show will hear Guns N' Roses play it!

You really need to get over this whole "old band / new band" shit. It's Guns N' Roses.

Anyone else find it funny how it looks like we're finally getting a kick ass official DVD and now people are complaining and arguing about how the music industry works and the tagline used in the German Trailer? Wow.

It's priceless.

Some GN'R fans....

/jarmo

Being the leader and lead singer of the band is one thing.  Controlling how your band is promoted and marketed is yet another.  Being aware of what goes on in your band is one thing, being aware of what goes on outside it, in the areas of marketing and promotion are yet another.  You're lumping things together in effort to lay blame because it's easier to lay blame at Axl's feet.  But, as mentioned before, the things you are trying to assign blame for are not his responsibility.

Ali

That's a horrible analogy. 

You're the naive one who makes blanket assumptions without anything remotely resembling evidence to support those assumptions just to fit your pre-existing narrative.

Ali
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2012, 11:11:01 PM »

I've never read anyone who claims to be a FAN of something whine so much every time something positive happens.

A GN'R show from this year was one, Professionally filmed and two, will be shown in cinemas.. and you're complaining about what's written in the trailer?

The band sounds like a truck is about to slam into your face, the camera works looks fantastic, the audience looks huge - and you're whining.

Jog on, little man.

Look at his avatar... explains everything.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Estranged85
Rocker

Why must it drift away and die?

« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2012, 09:02:27 AM »

Anyways, once again, I can't wait for this! And Halloween. And the 11 shows after Halloween. Fuck, it's a GREAT time to be a Gn'R fan. Smiley

That was what I was trying to say when I posted earlier in this thread saying how everyone was so focused on the HOF thing in the trailer instead of focusing on how we're finally getting an official release like we've been hoping for for years now.

Also, I can assure you that the general public in Germany don't give a shit about the HOF. I live an hour from the German boarder (I live in Denmark) and no one here has given a fuck about the HOF or the fact that Axl didn't go. Many people here don't even know what the HOF is.

We're getting an official dvd of the best band I've ever seen live, I for one am very excited and happy about this.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2012, 09:28:29 AM »

Nobody's making a big deal about it dude.  Its just ironic, don't ya think?

Five pages in and this is all some people have talked about. I have to dispute this statement. Wink

Haha AT THE TIME it was only 1 page!  hihi But yes, its now gotten out of hand.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2012, 11:13:34 AM »

I don't know about anyone else, but every time I go to the theater, I've always thought how kick ass it'd be to watch a GnR boot with their screen and sound system. :-) The DVD has me curious too? Special features? Backstage footage?

Axl is God.
CBGNR
« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2012, 12:22:25 PM »

I can't wait to hear estranged,I think it's going to sound awesome.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2012, 12:36:38 PM »

I don't know about anyone else, but every time I go to the theater, I've always thought how kick ass it'd be to watch a GnR boot with their screen and sound system. :-) The DVD has me curious too? Special features? Backstage footage?

Livebeats said it's just the concert, no extra features..

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2012, 02:25:09 PM »

Livebeats said it's just the concert, no extra features..

That's a shame. Seems like a waste of the format, but hell... I'll just be happy with being able to revisit one of my favourite ever gigs.
SlashRxR
Rocker

I Will Dare...

« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2012, 01:13:59 AM »

Well when it comes to the DVD extras that has to do with GN'R... not Livebeats correct? So there might be extras on the DVD or Blu-Ray depending on what Axl or whoever decided to do.

"Be Bitter, Stay Angry, and Blame Everyone" - W. Axl Rose 2/20/12

10/20/12
10/21/12
08/09/16
11/18/17
08/25/21
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2012, 01:30:43 AM »

Well when it comes to the DVD extras that has to do with GN'R... not Livebeats correct? So there might be extras on the DVD or Blu-Ray depending on what Axl or whoever decided to do.

Axl NOT Producer Of Concert.

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
SlashRxR
Rocker

I Will Dare...

« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2012, 02:57:24 AM »

True but doesn't he have the final say over what is released? I mean if he said "Let's put some extras on the DVD." They would... So i guess it's a matter of what the Label, Axl, and the band what happens on the DVD as apposed to the VOD and Theatrical Release.

"Be Bitter, Stay Angry, and Blame Everyone" - W. Axl Rose 2/20/12

10/20/12
10/21/12
08/09/16
11/18/17
08/25/21
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2012, 03:17:15 AM »

Awesome!

That was one hell of a night at the O2. Will be cool to relive the moment. Smiley

All you old band fans whining about them using the classic songs in the trailer. Promoting a Guns N' Roses release featuring a performance by the current Guns N' Roses, which many of you always complained was missing, by using songs by Guns N' Roses isn't that fucking weird for the average Joes out there.

It's only an issue for somebody who wants it to be an issue.

This is for all of you who always whined that the current band had no release that promoted them to the whole world. Look at that! Looks like it's coming and now you found something to whine about anyway? Classic. So predictable.  Roll Eyes

For the rest of us, awesome news!

/jarmo

that these are awesome news, its undeniable. We (even our black widow Limulus) all agree new official material is a good piece of news.

BUT my honest opinion is there are ZERO chances that Axl had ANYTHING to do with this promotional clip. After 2001/2002/2006/2007/2009/2010/2011/2012 tours promoting the new lineup and the new album, and an upcoming one called ''Appetite For Democracy'', its just extremely difficult to believe how both these 2 clips:

1- https://vimeo.com/50578984
2- https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EH16_vDYziw

... do not include a fucking single second of chinese democracy songs. There are no excuses. Even the 2002 promo videos had CD songs in it, with an unexisting album.

Yes: these are still good news. There's new stuff coming, how can that not be cool? But let's be honest: the total lack of CD songs on both clips and the ULTRA-LAME mention of the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame (the reason I strongly refused to consider the trailer *legit* when I first watched it) are 2 absolute negative things.

About the RARHOF, the reason I think the mention is lame is not based in terms of hipocrisy, but because they were a total embarrasement. The dudes who played there with the Alter Bridge vocalist are not Guns N' Roses.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2012, 03:28:53 AM »

Awesome!

That was one hell of a night at the O2. Will be cool to relive the moment. Smiley

All you old band fans whining about them using the classic songs in the trailer. Promoting a Guns N' Roses release featuring a performance by the current Guns N' Roses, which many of you always complained was missing, by using songs by Guns N' Roses isn't that fucking weird for the average Joes out there.

It's only an issue for somebody who wants it to be an issue.

This is for all of you who always whined that the current band had no release that promoted them to the whole world. Look at that! Looks like it's coming and now you found something to whine about anyway? Classic. So predictable.  Roll Eyes

For the rest of us, awesome news!

/jarmo

that these are awesome news, its undeniable. We (even our black widow Limulus) all agree new official material is a good piece of news.

BUT my honest opinion is there are ZERO chances that Axl had ANYTHING to do with this promotional clip. After 2001/2002/2006/2007/2009/2010/2011/2012 tours promoting the new lineup and the new album, and an upcoming one called ''Appetite For Democracy'', its just extremely difficult to believe how both these 2 clips:

1- https://vimeo.com/50578984
2- https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EH16_vDYziw

... do not include a fucking single second of chinese democracy songs. There are no excuses. Even the 2002 promo videos had CD songs in it, with an unexisting album.

Yes: these are still good news. There's new stuff coming, how can that not be cool? But let's be honest: the total lack of CD songs on both clips and the ULTRA-LAME mention of the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame (the reason I strongly refused to consider the trailer *legit* when I first watched it) are 2 absolute negative things.

About the RARHOF, the reason I think the mention is lame is not based in terms of hipocrisy, but because they were a total embarrasement. The dudes who played there with the Alter Bridge vocalist are not Guns N' Roses.

Oh finally a great quote from Estebanf Cheesy ... Hope dies last!  Cheesy

Maybe this time Axl decided to let people work and let them make their own mistakes (...but i don't think so  hihi)
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2012, 04:41:37 AM »

True but doesn't he have the final say over what is released? I mean if he said "Let's put some extras on the DVD." They would... So i guess it's a matter of what the Label, Axl, and the band what happens on the DVD as apposed to the VOD and Theatrical Release.

Yeah... Axl won't have anything to do with the promo, but he would have to sign off on what is on the actual product.
spgunner
Headliner

We begin by coveting what we see every day-Lecter

« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2012, 10:03:02 AM »

Instead of 2000 guesses, people should stop judging every fuckin' detail n' wait.

I really wanted to see the faces of the ones who are saying Axl doesn't have anything to do with that if... he does.

I really wanted to see the faces of the ones who are saying it's 150% official n' that Axl does have everything to do with that if... he doesn't.

Facts - Cool trailer, sound n' image are killers, would be awesome to see it live, no CD songs but we know the songs are inside the gig (Jarmo is 100% right when he talks about regular joes out there - some people doesn't even know CD exists till this day!!!), no official words yet.

So let's just... wait ! We have waited for so many years with nothing new in our hands n' now we got so many things. Of course we can be on hold for this one ! Chill out fuckers!!!

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2012, 03:46:37 PM »

Every time I watch the trailer I get goosebumps, just want to watch it right now. To all the people who went to see GN'R at the UK shows, or at the European shows. They know just how much of a peak the band reached, everyone sounded awesome. To have one of those shows captured in HD form, and for it to be released as a DVD is something utterly brilliant.  drool
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: