Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:20:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses - Live in London 2012 movie
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses - Live in London 2012 movie  (Read 116652 times)
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #260 on: November 05, 2012, 10:04:44 AM »

They just told me I need to come to the cinema to get a refund, this is bullshit as it's a 3 and a half hour round journey!

I'm lucky, I bought mine online so I get an automatic refund, but that sucks having to go back to the cinema to get your refund... Damn GNR make it hard work being a fan some times...

Roll Eyes

From my bad news email...

Click Here To View Newsletter

Dear Conan,

Due to circumstances out of our control, unfortunately the Guns N' Roses screening set to take place this Wednesday 7th November at 7pm has been cancelled.

Given our records show you purchased tickets via the www.eventcinemas.com.au website, a full refund will be processed shortly.

Please note it may take a few days for this payment to reach your account.

We appreciate your patience and once again apologise for any inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Event Cinemas    

?2012 Event Cinemas
This email was sent by Event Cinemas. If you wish to unsubscribe to this email, click here.
Dickeye
Someone's always gotta be a dick
Rocker

Sittin' in a Chinese stew...

« Reply #261 on: November 05, 2012, 10:55:58 AM »

I purchased mine online but they still told me I have to go to the cinema for a refund.

....To view my disinfatuation...

13/12/2008 - Hung out with Bumblefoot!
Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #262 on: November 05, 2012, 11:35:51 AM »

What a bloody shame, I was really looking forward to this. I didn't book tickets but four of us were going to Nandos and then to see GnR. Gutted!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #263 on: November 05, 2012, 11:51:47 AM »

I've been talking with these guys via email and telephone for the past 3 days, and I've not known anything like it. Poor, poor, poor customer service and it's a disgrace how much of a shitty attitude they have towards anything related to getting your money back.

I wish I'd held off getting tickets now until closer to the showing, I should of known Better...
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #264 on: November 05, 2012, 12:01:35 PM »

I understand that they don't have everyone's contact details, but they should have the details for everyone who booked online.
I just received an e-mail from the 100 Club letting me know that one of the opening acts for a gig I was going to has had to pull out... it's not difficult, Showcase! And if you paid online or over the phone, you should be able to receive a refund the same way.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #265 on: November 05, 2012, 01:51:35 PM »

The manager of Showcase Birmingham called me today, and explained how it's impossible to do a refund without me being present. I let him have it, told him it's completely unacceptable and unproffesional, and that I was going to make a complaint and take it further. He tried to bargain with me by saying that when I collected my refund, I could watch any film I wanted for free. I said forget it, I paid my ticket to see GN'R, just refund my damn money on my card.

He then told me how Guns N' Roses management has cancelled it, and may be shown early next year. And he also added how in the 5 years he worked there, he had never came across a cancellation like this.

I re affirmed my position of it being a joke, and he had to agree with me. I wasn't going to back down, and he said he will call me tomorrow with another solution to the problem.

All this to get your money back for the damn ticket.  Roll Eyes
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #266 on: November 05, 2012, 02:02:46 PM »

The manager of Showcase Birmingham called me today, and explained how it's impossible to do a refund without me being present. I let him have it, told him it's completely unacceptable and unproffesional, and that I was going to make a complaint and take it further. He tried to bargain with me by saying that when I collected my refund, I could watch any film I wanted for free. I said forget it, I paid my ticket to see GN'R, just refund my damn money on my card.

He then told me how Guns N' Roses management has cancelled it, and may be shown early next year. And he also added how in the 5 years he worked there, he had never came across a cancellation like this.

I re affirmed my position of it being a joke, and he had to agree with me. I wasn't going to back down, and he said he will call me tomorrow with another solution to the problem.

did you ask for his name when you said you were writing to head office?

That might of kicked him up the bum to do something about it.. as im sure no one wants to be mentioned to head office..

Either way this is shocking behavior even more when they said you can come see a film for free... its not free you allready paid ?10!! and why would you wana go see the cinema after this bad service?   

Im so glad i did not buy online.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 02:05:25 PM by samoice » Logged

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
Dickeye
Someone's always gotta be a dick
Rocker

Sittin' in a Chinese stew...

« Reply #267 on: November 05, 2012, 02:33:43 PM »

I'm in the same situation with Bluewater. They have now stopped answering my emails and ignoring my calls.

....To view my disinfatuation...

13/12/2008 - Hung out with Bumblefoot!
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #268 on: November 05, 2012, 02:37:46 PM »

It has been cancelled in France too. Distributor told me it's cancelled "worldwide" and may be shown in January 2013.

Once again, no VOD/ DVD/ BR release planned.

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #269 on: November 05, 2012, 02:51:56 PM »

If you paid with your card, then it shouldn't be a problem, and I would stick to your guns.

If you paid with cash, then it may be a problem due to UK money laundering laws. I am not sure on this though
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #270 on: November 05, 2012, 02:58:02 PM »

Tickets are still on sale for the show in Vegas at Rave Motion Pictures on the 15th. Weird.

Axl is God.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #271 on: November 05, 2012, 02:58:57 PM »

If you paid with your card, then it shouldn't be a problem, and I would stick to your guns.

If you paid with cash, then it may be a problem due to UK money laundering laws. I am not sure on this though

Paid on my card, used my iphone which took 10 secs... And now they want me to catch 2 buses, and travel a huge distance just to get my money back.  Huh

As I said, it's just completely out of order and I will endevour to argue my case till the end. And the whole premise of the argument is, is that the Showcase cinema brand is NOT a common one that's located in easy access of the city centre. Most of these venues in the UK are way out the way, and the amount of people I've heard saying they are going to have to go 30 miles for a refund is just scary.

I said to him "don't you have any records of people orders, and the email address they used to order and the order No, etc. And he just paused for about 5 secs, and finally said "er, no we don't keep those"........ and I was like "do you seriously think that's the correct way to run a company?".

Honestly.  Roll Eyes
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #272 on: November 05, 2012, 03:05:19 PM »

Paid on my card, used my iphone which took 10 secs... And now they want me to catch 2 buses, and travel a huge distance just to get my money back.  Huh

As I said, it's just completely out of order and I will endevour to argue my case till the end. And the whole premise of the argument is, is that the Showcase cinema brand is NOT a common one that's located in easy access of the city centre. Most of these venues in the UK are way out the way, and the amount of people I've heard saying they are going to have to go 30 miles for a refund is just scary.

I said to him "don't you have any records of people orders, and the email address they used to order and the order No, etc. And he just paused for about 5 secs, and finally said "er, no we don't keep those"........ and I was like "do you seriously think that's the correct way to run a company?".

Honestly.  Roll Eyes

If you paid with your card, then I would try to get them to refund you over the phone.

Ask them if they take payments over the phone, if they do, then they should be able process refunds. You can also probably invoice them for any phone costs, and personal time taken up at whatever rate you get paid per hour at your workplace. Also,  if you do end up travelling, then invoice them for this as well and remember to keep your travel receipts.
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #273 on: November 06, 2012, 07:46:00 AM »

Honestly.  Roll Eyes

If you paid with your card, then I would try to get them to refund you over the phone.

Ask them if they take payments over the phone, if they do, then they should be able process refunds. You can also probably invoice them for any phone costs, and personal time taken up at whatever rate you get paid per hour at your workplace. Also,  if you do end up travelling, then invoice them for this as well and remember to keep your travel receipts.

I hear it was to do with Axl's vocals. Can anyone clarify why this was cancelled?
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #274 on: November 06, 2012, 10:48:56 AM »

This is just embarassing. Anyway, it could be a good think, cause to me last great shows happened in 2010
ianlei
Neon Bomb!
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #275 on: November 06, 2012, 11:05:53 AM »

I've hopefully managed to get a refund from the Reading Showcase Cinema pretty easily (including booking fee). I emailed saying i'm over an hour's drive away from the cinema so the duty manager emailed me back saying he could refund my card over the phone (like Mysteron suggested), so that has happened, i just need to check over the next few days that the money has actually been refunded!
He was very polite and apologetic that the screening was cancelled and hopes they will be able to screen this in the near future.
Ian
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #276 on: November 06, 2012, 01:17:02 PM »

just got the same email from showcase nottingham.

complete ballache

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #277 on: November 06, 2012, 02:28:48 PM »

I hear it was to do with Axl's vocals. Can anyone clarify why this was cancelled?

Don't be fucking silly. Was the voice who told you that in your own head?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #278 on: November 06, 2012, 02:34:33 PM »

after a breif conversation they put my money back onto card, and showcase have been told the current plan is to release the show to cinema's in January.

Also they said ticket sales were good across the UK, and no explanation was given to them for the cancellation

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
wadey
Legend

« Reply #279 on: November 06, 2012, 02:42:40 PM »

got an email today from Showcase. not sure if everyone got one or just because i gave em some shit

anyway i phoned the number they gave me for my nearest venue and they refunded back onto my card.......simples!!

Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control we are no longer able to show the Guns n Roses live at the O2 concert at Showcase Leeds on 07.11.12.

The band?s management team have informed the distributor that all screenings have been cancelled until January 2013 at the earliest.

Please accept our apologies along with Allied Media who were providing the event. In order to arrange a refund, please could you either contact us directly with your credit card details or call into the cinema?

Thank you,

Neil Reid

General Manager

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: