Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:23:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses - Live in London 2012 movie
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses - Live in London 2012 movie  (Read 116805 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2012, 01:10:33 PM »

Cool trailer! Certainly an enjoyable ninety second video!  ok

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
wadey
Legend

« Reply #101 on: October 06, 2012, 06:25:16 PM »

Every time I watch the trailer I get goosebumps, just want to watch it right now. To all the people who went to see GN'R at the UK shows, or at the European shows. They know just how much of a peak the band reached, everyone sounded awesome. To have one of those shows captured in HD form, and for it to be released as a DVD is something utterly brilliant.  drool

yeah i agree totally, the band were on fire in the UK, Axl's vocals were truly amazing and almost faultless

to have such an awesome show released is mind blowing  yes

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #102 on: October 07, 2012, 11:56:26 AM »

Every time I watch the trailer I get goosebumps, just want to watch it right now. To all the people who went to see GN'R at the UK shows, or at the European shows. They know just how much of a peak the band reached, everyone sounded awesome. To have one of those shows captured in HD form, and for it to be released as a DVD is something utterly brilliant.  drool

They sounded better in 2011 that's for sure, but if u went to the LA Forum, i'm pretty sure you enjoyed your night Wink

Oh My God i cant deny this...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2012, 02:14:49 PM »

Really looking forward to this. I'm hoping the DVD and/or Blu Ray is out in the US by Christmas!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #104 on: October 08, 2012, 06:45:48 PM »

I would feel a lot better about this if there was some kind of confirmation from the Guns N' Roses camp. Their silence is a little troubling right?

It's probably because the contracts or legal stuff or whatever are still being worked out in all countries, as this is a "worldwide" release. Germany was just probably the first country to have the finalized contracts.

People mention a DVD version, but I only read officially about the big screen release... It'd be strange to release a DVD not along with a BD these days. And there's nothing about it on Amazon. Unless it'd come out months after the big screen release...

Also the German site says the cinema version will be a version with "highlights" from the show, which probably means a shorter version (like 2 hours instead of 3) with no solos or whatever. About the trailer, it's bit surprising not to have any new songs, but it just seems to be rushed (especially the fonts/ effects aren't very professional)...It will be interesting in 3 weeks when German fans can see this.

I contacted Universal France and they told me they heard about such a release (big screen) and even they didn't have more info...

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2012, 03:38:35 AM »

This has the potential to be amazing for sure... I'm hoping that as well as the cinematic release, we also get a DVD and Blue-Ray as well. It's about time that there's a new DVD in the GN'R section in stores promoting the current line-up. I think it would help a lot in establishing this new line-up, rather than fans seeing the Tokyo DVDs year after year on the shelves. We'll see.....
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2012, 06:47:37 AM »

I would feel a lot better about this if there was some kind of confirmation from the Guns N' Roses camp. Their silence is a little troubling right?

It's probably because the contracts or legal stuff or whatever are still being worked out in all countries, as this is a "worldwide" release. Germany was just probably the first country to have the finalized contracts.

People mention a DVD version, but I only read officially about the big screen release... It'd be strange to release a DVD not along with a BD these days. And there's nothing about it on Amazon. Unless it'd come out months after the big screen release...

Also the German site says the cinema version will be a version with "highlights" from the show, which probably means a shorter version (like 2 hours instead of 3) with no solos or whatever. About the trailer, it's bit surprising not to have any new songs, but it just seems to be rushed (especially the fonts/ effects aren't very professional)...It will be interesting in 3 weeks when German fans can see this.

I contacted Universal France and they told me they heard about such a release (big screen) and even they didn't have more info...

the german site doesn`t say anything about highlights. going by what is written there, it`s going to be the entire show.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2012, 04:42:22 PM »

From the German site thanks to Google Translate:

"The concert highlights on 29 October 20 clock on the big screen"

"UCI EVENTS brings the concert highlight on 29 October 20 clock on the giant movie screen. Make sure you get your tickets to the movie premier one of the hottest concerts this year!"

Maybe it's just a bad translation, but I think it will be edited like the Rock Am Ring 2006 was for TV broadcast. We will see in a few weeks.

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2012, 04:47:22 PM »

It would be great to see this in UK cinemas
schnoogans37
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2012, 08:59:48 AM »

Looks like it is playing in the USA in theaters on November 15th.  Anyone heard more about this?
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2012, 09:07:41 AM »

Looks like it is playing in the USA in theaters on November 15th.  Anyone heard more about this?

I haven't, but I'll certainly be looking into it. Where did you hear that?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2012, 09:55:38 AM »

I checked Fathom Events and didn't see it listed on their page.  They are the ones who do these kinds of things in the US.  I would check out the show if I have time. 

Ahhh I found what he is talking about.  From the Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/gog/movies/guns-n-roses-live-at-london-o2,1240218.html

It says release date November 15. 
schnoogans37
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2012, 11:11:45 AM »

I saw it here:

http://www.ravemotionpictures.com/feature.aspx?id=142937
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2012, 11:56:23 AM »

Haha.... its playing at the movie theater 5 minutes from my parents on 11/15.  Don't think I can make that one!
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #114 on: October 11, 2012, 09:46:25 AM »

Oh awesome, thank you for that!

So far the closest theater to me is 50 minutes. I'll make the drive if I have to, but I'm hoping for something closer.

axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #115 on: October 11, 2012, 10:25:07 AM »

Hmmm, do I go, considering I'll have just seen the real thing the day before, and 2 days after. I would love to see this in theaters though...

Axl is God.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #116 on: October 11, 2012, 10:46:34 AM »

Wonder if there will be 3D versions in theaters? Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
mafioso
Opening Act

« Reply #117 on: October 12, 2012, 11:00:45 AM »

In Poland it will be shown on 12th December  Grin
Jayster
Headliner

« Reply #118 on: October 12, 2012, 12:08:03 PM »

nothing in Chicago for it. I was hoping someplace like Muvico in rosemont might be showing it.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2012, 12:21:07 PM »

I really dont even think its about promoting the new lineup.... I mean has it ever been about that?

i dont think a DVD featuring it is going to change peoples perceptions of them...

but for the few of us fans ... i think it will be a great watch and a great thing to have and to enjoy

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: