Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:32:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1594005 times)
mortismurphy
« Reply #2260 on: November 28, 2014, 06:15:37 PM »

Acts which have released music in 2014...

Slash, Sixx AM, Springsteen, Neil Young (twice), Wolfmother, Black Label Society, Foo Fighters, ACDC, Floyd, Beck, U2, Clapton, Cohen, Robert Plant
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #2261 on: November 28, 2014, 06:22:28 PM »

Fair point, but could it be argued that guns have an uphill struggle with a label still pining/hoping for a reunion?

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
mortismurphy
« Reply #2262 on: November 28, 2014, 06:26:57 PM »

Fair point, but could it be argued that guns have an uphill struggle with a label still pining/hoping for a reunion?

Was the 'reunion' accusation not directed at various managers, Axl has possessed? I cannot remember it being directed at the record company who spent $15 million on a record, thoroughly aware that it was being recorded by new musicians and not, Slash etc.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #2263 on: November 28, 2014, 06:41:46 PM »

Perhaps the label was hoping for a reunion anyway? That money would have been spent with such aspirations in mind.

We all know chinese wasn't the most straight forward of releases, with allegations that label interference stalled a release.

Was this part of a strategy whose aim was the the return of a top-hatted guitarist?

mortismurphy
« Reply #2264 on: November 28, 2014, 06:50:53 PM »

Perhaps the label was hoping for a reunion anyway? That money would have been spent with such aspirations in mind.

We all know chinese wasn't the most straight forward of releases, with allegations that label interference stalled a release.

Was this part of a strategy whose aim was the the return of a top-hatted guitarist?

I cannot see it myself because the money the record company gave came after, Axl had folded Guns N' Roses. Axl created a new legal entity, calling it 'Guns N' Roses' also, and this was the entity the record company negotiated with when they allowed him to have, in effect, an open tab at the recording studio he was working at. Besides, the record company had signed the original (modified) partnership agreement, that removed the name from Slash and Duff's control.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #2265 on: November 28, 2014, 06:56:01 PM »

I agree totally with what you say.

Getting Axl and Slash back together, whether that be in a recording studio or on stage is, in my opinion, the reason why we have had such limited studio releases from our favourite band since 1994.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #2266 on: November 28, 2014, 08:04:30 PM »

Getting Axl and Slash back together, whether that be in a recording studio or on stage is, in my opinion, the reason why we have had such limited studio releases from our favourite band since 1994.

Which is why, if you?re Axl, you say to the record company (assuming it is the record company that is holding up the release of new material):  ?Ok record company, let?s terminate our contract, let us release CDII independently, and, in exchange, I?ll agree that, if there ever is a reunion (defined as Slash returning) you?ll be our label again.?

If you?re Axl, you say that in a heartbeat?because you know you?re never going to reconcile with Slash.  If you?re the record company, you take that deal?because you know (or at least think) that CDII is a sunk cost, and the real money is with a reunion.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2267 on: November 28, 2014, 09:05:43 PM »

is it seems a lot of people do not want to talk about why we havnt seen anything yet.   And ask questions regarding it. This is nothing wrong with keeping an open mind and asking questions. 

Oh but we've had that "discussion" and the consensus among those who are most annoyed is that it's Axl's fault. We all know this.

These people aren't interested in a discussion and/or anything relating to an open mind.

I'll give you the quick notes on what those discussion boil down to: It's not GN'R. It's Axl's fault. They want the album, but it's not coming out. They don't like this and that about the next album, but they swear they'll listen to it with an open mind.

/jarmo

I wouldnt like to use the word fault.  Or lay fault on Axl.  I would say I think it is his choice for it not coming out.  U have no facts to back this up and its not a bad thing either that he dosnt want to release any muisc right now either, if thats what he wants
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2268 on: November 28, 2014, 09:10:34 PM »

^Dont get the cynicism - no offence.

We don't know about, let alone understand, the issues surrounding a potential new release.

It's not that easy getting a record out in this day and age.

What does that even mean?  Artists/bands/labels have adapted just fine to selling albums this day and age.  Even artists/bands/labels that havnt adapted to selling music in this day and age are still successful.  New world markets overseas have opened up, that were not available back in the day for record sales.  These markets are huge and overseas record sales are at a all time high.

I am in Canada, so overseas to me is that way ---------------->
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2269 on: November 28, 2014, 09:17:44 PM »

I dont know what this talk about the label is.    I have never once heard that they wanted a reunion and honestly I dont know how it would benifit them anyways.

I also have no idea what the bands current label status is.   How many records are left on the deal?  How are they involved in the current recording process?  Are they funding anything again?

I actually dont think Guns has any album commitments left with the label.  Again I am just guessing this, but I am basing that on this theory.  The guns greatest hits album was releaseed in responce to Axl not turning over CD.  A greatest hots version 2 was scedualed to be released if guns didnt supply CD again, gunbs did supply CD and the greatest hits version 2 was never released.  So if guns did ow a albim to the studio and were not delivering.  Why wouldnt the studio threaten the release of another greatest hits album

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2270 on: November 28, 2014, 09:22:59 PM »

Again..  Axl being with Slash has no impact on getting music out faster...   How is this possible?  The band broke up...  If they came back together they would still fight and not record together.  I dont understand what you are trying to say?  So if Axl and Slash got back together and got along they would record and release music...  Umm ok, but you are just wishing for things and now making it up.   If they got along and were best buddies they would of never broke up...   

Why dont you just say..   Axl has a shit ton of music already recorded.  He dosnt need slash around to some how release it....   The is albums recorded already of great material!!!
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #2271 on: November 29, 2014, 04:25:16 AM »

^ I know there's a lot of music recorded and I can't wait to hear it!

We're looking at potential reasons why releases for Guns post 94 are few and seemingly frought with difficulties.

Is the label hoping for a reunion, and limiting releases from guns until that happens? It's a theory I guess - how many albums does guns owe? One/two?

GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #2272 on: November 29, 2014, 05:46:22 AM »

We have no information.

Not once, in 18 years, has Axl Rose done an interview where he says the label is holding-out for a reunion. Not. Once.

Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #2273 on: November 29, 2014, 06:17:44 AM »

I'm going to poke this discussion a tiny bit and say even if there was a conspiracy to "limit album releases" .... I don't see why in concert a new song of original material couldn't be played, thus generating some buzz/demand for new material/album release.  Then again maybe that is not how it works....I am not in a band.

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #2274 on: November 29, 2014, 07:12:26 AM »

I'm going to poke this discussion a tiny bit and say even if there was a conspiracy to "limit album releases" .... I don't see why in concert a new song of original material couldn't be played, thus generating some buzz/demand for new material/album release.  Then again maybe that is not how it works....I am not in a band.

You're right...you play 3 hour shows, but you can't find 4 - 8 minutes to play a new song?  There's no reason why that can't be done.  With DJ confirming another tour next year, let's hope that they are somehow able to get something new in (new defined as not a cover song or an old Guns song).  The trend for the last few years has been to play fewer CD songs and more of the old songs.  That doesn't give the impression that the band is looking to move things forward.  I know, I know...complaining about the setlist again you ungrateful non-fan?  It's more just hoping they do something different, or just come out and say that new music isn't the focus.  Always hanging out the carrot of new music (seemingly before another tour is announced) is getting old, and seems more like a ploy to sell tickets than a genuine intent.

Would love to be wrong, btw.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2275 on: November 29, 2014, 07:44:03 AM »

you play 3 hour shows, but you can't find 4 - 8 minutes to play a new song?  There's no reason why that can't be done. 

I'll give you one reason since you're unable to think of any, for some reason: Maybe the band doesn't wish to premiere a new song in a live concert this time around because they already did that in the past? Maybe they don't want to play anything new until they have a release date that's set in stone and everything is in place for the album's release?

Oops, look how easy it was. I accidentally gave you two reasons.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2276 on: November 29, 2014, 07:47:18 AM »

you play 3 hour shows, but you can't find 4 - 8 minutes to play a new song?  There's no reason why that can't be done. 

I'll give you one reason since you're unable to think of any, for some reason: Maybe the band doesn't wish to premiere a new song in a live concert this time around because they already did that in the past? Maybe they don't want to play anything new until they have a release date that's set in stone and everything is in place for the album's release?

/jarmo

Maybe, Intro Intrumentals Solo Guitars Or Piano

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #2277 on: November 29, 2014, 09:50:53 AM »

I'm guessing the songs aren't "done"....and by "done" I mean final spit and polish.  I am sure there are songs and they are amazing, but for some reason they haven't received the final blessing.

Was DJ's solo included on the CDs?  I haven't opened the copies I have because they are going to be Christmas presents (hopefully i find one more for myself next week).

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2278 on: November 29, 2014, 11:13:46 AM »

/jarmo

Also there are  so many options in 2014 when it comes to debuting new material like Spotify, You Tube, social media etc.  I don't think having shaky poor quality video taken from the crowd that sounds like shit floating around on You Tube is the best way to go.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 02:45:06 PM by Bodhi » Logged
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2279 on: November 29, 2014, 01:04:14 PM »

The real question is why has it not been done yet? No so many ways to distribute music now. So many artists have done so this year. There really isn't any excuses. Sorry, but I'm taking a hard stance since other musicians have released music this year.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: