Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 08:12:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228089 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1588994 times)
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #5920 on: January 15, 2017, 06:27:47 PM »

I think that complaining about the setlist is stupid. come on, we get almost everything we've ever wanted. yup, except for Locomotive and a few other old tracks. but still. the current setlist is great!

If you arent interested in what they got going, try leaving them alone for a while right? That's what I'm doing. This whole thing that's happening now is not why I became a fan, it was touching at first but it's become pretty meaningless to me. But I imagine it's not meaningelss for the boys themselves or a lot of the other fans.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5921 on: January 15, 2017, 08:16:00 PM »

I think that complaining about the setlist is stupid. come on, we get almost everything we've ever wanted. yup, except for Locomotive and a few other old tracks. but still. the current setlist is great!

If you arent interested in what they got going, try leaving them alone for a while right? That's what I'm doing. This whole thing that's happening now is not why I became a fan, it was touching at first but it's become pretty meaningless to me. But I imagine it's not meaningelss for the boys themselves or a lot of the other fans.

This is a very good way to put it

And

This is something I plan on doing actually.   
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #5922 on: January 16, 2017, 08:40:26 AM »

Axl wants to tour without putting out new music, for whatever reason. Time bears that out. Having Slash & Duff back allows him to do exactly that on a grand scale. It is what it is. But the setlist is fine.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5923 on: January 16, 2017, 09:24:53 AM »

If there s ever a new albumand they do a cover they should record "sailing"

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #5924 on: January 16, 2017, 10:08:20 AM »

If there s ever a new albumand they do a cover they should record "sailing"

But NOT The Seeker for the love of god
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5925 on: January 18, 2017, 12:31:58 PM »

Yeah- this summer is going to mean SO much to me, and nothing will change that really. It's totally fair enough that people like you feel a bit strange about the whole thing that's going on, and are leaving it alone. I understand why. What I can't figure out is the CONSTANT (and it really is constant- it's almost comical now how every single thread it comes up) griping about the set-list.

DON'T GO TO THE SHOWS IF THEY AREN'T PLAYING SONGS YOU WANT TO HEAR, BUT PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP MOANING!!!!!!

(Cue the old 'you lot just love everything this band do without question etc etc etc' argument....)

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #5926 on: January 18, 2017, 02:44:10 PM »

Yeah- this summer is going to mean SO much to me, and nothing will change that really. It's totally fair enough that people like you feel a bit strange about the whole thing that's going on, and are leaving it alone. I understand why. What I can't figure out is the CONSTANT (and it really is constant- it's almost comical now how every single thread it comes up) griping about the set-list.

DON'T GO TO THE SHOWS IF THEY AREN'T PLAYING SONGS YOU WANT TO HEAR, BUT PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP MOANING!!!!!!

(Cue the old 'you lot just love everything this band do without question etc etc etc' argument....)

Yeah... what can you call it but madness. Just making such a fuss over what axl does or doesn't do... it's pretty embarrassing. That's what I was getting at in the topic I made but that failed hard. We start to see him as an object, whether we idolize him or speak negatively of him. But we should really just worry about what we are doing, whatever he is doing should not take up so much of our attention because we are human beings  ourselves for fucks sake. We are too amazing, life is too amazing for that shit. I know, i know... but i only log in at work when im waiting for the printer to get unjammed... ok, sure thing pal.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5927 on: January 18, 2017, 03:31:27 PM »

Really from 2010-2014 I was pretty frustrated about Axl's inability to finish/release the follow up to Chinese, simply because with that lineup it really seemed like there was no excuse *not to* put it out during the sporadic touring they were doing.

Now, however, with Slash & Duff back in the picture it really does put things back almost at square one in terms of how they approach the next GNR release.  There's also the question of how Pitman's work on the unreleased stuff is going to be approached after he sued Axl this year.   Does all his work get scrapped now?  I would imagine he was all over whatever else they recorded during the Chi Dem era. I think it's safe to say an official release of Silkworms probably isn't in the cards.

Point is, there's so many things that seem 'up in the air' in regard to the next album, that it might take friggin years to sort through the logistics of what the next album will ultimately be.  As always, things in GNR land are never as easy as some might suggest.

It might just be easier for Axl to pick two or three of the unreleased tracks that he's in love with, and have the current lineup completely re-record & re-work them.  It might ultimately be less of a pain in the ass to have the bulk of the album be entirely new compositions.  Either way, I think it's going to be a long time before we hear anything concrete on the subject.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #5928 on: January 18, 2017, 04:02:41 PM »

Really from 2010-2014 I was pretty frustrated about Axl's inability to finish/release the follow up to Chinese, simply because with that lineup it really seemed like there was no excuse *not to* put it out during the sporadic touring they were doing.

Now, however, with Slash & Duff back in the picture it really does put things back almost at square one in terms of how they approach the next GNR release.  There's also the question of how Pitman's work on the unreleased stuff is going to be approached after he sued Axl this year.   Does all his work get scrapped now?  I would imagine he was all over whatever else they recorded during the Chi Dem era. I think it's safe to say an official release of Silkworms probably isn't in the cards.

Point is, there's so many things that seem 'up in the air' in regard to the next album, that it might take friggin years to sort through the logistics of what the next album will ultimately be.  As always, things in GNR land are never as easy as some might suggest.

It might just be easier for Axl to pick two or three of the unreleased tracks that he's in love with, and have the current lineup completely re-record & re-work them.  It might ultimately be less of a pain in the ass to have the bulk of the album be entirely new compositions.  Either way, I think it's going to be a long time before we hear anything concrete on the subject.

Yeah. It took years but Im finally done waiting. Axl is a funny guy... he entices us with tales of new music and then goes radio silent. It's like a cute girl showing interest in you and giving you her number but never calling you back. Or like some esoteric masters, luring you in with one hand and hitting you with the other. I'm not saying he does it on purpose, just that that's
 The way it tends to come across. That doesn't mean I won't rush out to get an album if one drops or that I dont understand why now may not be the best time for it to drop though.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5929 on: January 18, 2017, 04:37:56 PM »

Yeah. It took years but Im finally done waiting. Axl is a funny guy... he entices us with tales of new music and then goes radio silent. It's like a cute girl showing interest in you and giving you her number but never calling you back. Or like some esoteric masters, luring you in with one hand and hitting you with the other. I'm not saying he does it on purpose, just that that's
 The way it tends to come across. That doesn't mean I won't rush out to get an album if one drops or that I dont understand why now may not be the best time for it to drop though.

Out of interest, and in relation to your comments above about 'leaving things alone' and it being 'meaningless' at the moment- what is that bothers you about the way things are at the moment? Totally fair enough that you feel this way, but I'm intrigued as to why, and what (in an ideal world) you'd have going on instead?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5930 on: January 19, 2017, 12:07:39 PM »

Yeah... what can you call it but madness. Just making such a fuss over what axl does or doesn't do... it's pretty embarrassing. That's what I was getting at in the topic I made but that failed hard. We start to see him as an object, whether we idolize him or speak negatively of him. But we should really just worry about what we are doing, whatever he is doing should not take up so much of our attention because we are human beings  ourselves for fucks sake. We are too amazing, life is too amazing for that shit. I know, i know... but i only log in at work when im waiting for the printer to get unjammed... ok, sure thing pal.
I'm surprised you still use a printer. Smiley

raindog
Rocker

« Reply #5931 on: January 25, 2017, 06:52:20 PM »

The current lineup could knock out a new album in the space of a few months if they all wanted to. But they won't because that's not what this is about. I think expecting anything to happen other than Axl, Slash and Duff touring the greatest hits until everyone who wants to see the show has seen it is a tad unrealistic at this point.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5932 on: January 26, 2017, 10:34:36 AM »

The current lineup could knock out a new album in the space of a few months if they all wanted to. But they won't because that's not what this is about. I think expecting anything to happen other than Axl, Slash and Duff touring the greatest hits until everyone who wants to see the show has seen it is a tad unrealistic at this point.

Honestly, you're probably right.  And that really bums me out.  Undecided
SV4GNR
Opening Act

« Reply #5933 on: January 26, 2017, 11:03:57 AM »

We can only hope that playing together will get the creative fire back lit like it was in the beginning. It would be epic and awesome if they would release another album and have it be as successful as AFD or the UYI albums and I think it could at least come close with Slash and Duff back. It would be a shame if they don't do something they click so well together its amazing.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5934 on: January 26, 2017, 11:51:21 AM »

I'm so sick of hearing about how new music "isn't viable" and that the money for these bands is in touring, so that's all they'll do.  However true, to me it kind of vacuums the soul and creativity out of the whole operation.  I'd love Axl to speak on the issue, or at least elaborate on the vague comments he made over the summer.  I really want to believe he still has a desire to create and, get this, RELEASE new music...and that the only hangup has been opportunity.  I really, really want to believe that.
SV4GNR
Opening Act

« Reply #5935 on: January 26, 2017, 11:57:28 AM »

It's may be true that they wont do anything new until interest drops a bit then if they want to tour more its a decent bet they will release something.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #5936 on: January 26, 2017, 01:33:17 PM »

I think once they've done the around the world bit then it will see new music surface and see the touring hit the globe once more. That doesn't necessary mean a new album, maybe an EP
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #5937 on: January 26, 2017, 04:37:43 PM »

Of course we'll get a new album. They are musicians. They are artists. They are composers. Its not if, but when. It is more than probably that Axl wants most of the gems to be available for the audience. So just calm down and enjoy all the positivity in the meantime.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #5938 on: January 26, 2017, 07:13:22 PM »

Of course we'll get a new album. They are musicians. They are artists. They are composers. Its not if, but when. It is more than probably that Axl wants most of the gems to be available for the audience. So just calm down and enjoy all the positivity in the meantime.

ok

zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #5939 on: January 27, 2017, 01:53:38 AM »

we keep hearing this exact phrase every year since the 2009 tour started, though.

Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: