Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:18:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1593996 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2320 on: November 30, 2014, 10:38:19 AM »

So am I missing something here....  Why are Guns N Roses not listed under Interscope-Geffen Recording artists?

http://www.interscope.com/

Can someone post a link to gun n roses record label, that shows that the band is even part of the record label please
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2321 on: November 30, 2014, 10:53:35 AM »

The dvd was released by Universal...UME....quite certain they are under contract with Universal. I doubt anyone here, even Jarmo, knows the exact amount of albums owed, details of the contract, etc. It is not really our business anyway.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2322 on: November 30, 2014, 11:00:47 AM »

The dvd was released by Universal...UME....quite certain they are under contract with Universal. I doubt anyone here, even Jarmo, knows the exact amount of albums owed, details of the contract, etc. It is not really our business anyway.

Not our business?  Its not like people are camped out the bands various housed spying on them trying to pry oh so personal information..   As fans of bands people, like to know every little detail.  And then talk about these details..   If you just want to listen to the music and then just comment on how great the music is, have at it!   I rather try and talk about different topics.  Just like sports athletes release contract details, just like other bands do, I don't know why things have to be such a mystery

As far as I know, Universal is the main enterprise with various labels under them.  With guns signed to interscope-geffen.  All I am asking is for someone to provide me a link to the labels website, where it shows Guns N Roses as being part of the label.    They show all the other bands on there website, were is Guns?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2323 on: November 30, 2014, 11:03:42 AM »

Can someone post a link to gun n roses record label, that shows that the band is even part of the record label please

http://www.universalmusicenterprises.com/gunsnroses
They don't list Chinese Democracy... Unbelievable.

Many European UM sites do list that album...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2324 on: November 30, 2014, 11:07:24 AM »

Bacon, if you enjoy chasing your tail, have at it!!!!!! ok

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2325 on: November 30, 2014, 11:16:33 AM »

/jarmo

Thanks, that was actually pretty tough to find
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2326 on: November 30, 2014, 11:23:55 AM »

/jarmo

Not only do they not list Chinese Democracy, if you click on the BIO section, it seems to end right at 1989 or so...  No mention of anything current.  And then the link to the official GNR web page, leads to a dead link..   

Great Label promotion there
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #2327 on: November 30, 2014, 12:01:09 PM »

^^What about the reports that Guns were told to re-record or alter tracks to fit more in line with the label's view of what was best to release. I remember reading a Tommy Stinson interview detailing this. If they were so keen to get the record out, why do this? They would know that any Guns release would sell like hot cakes.

But this does not signify an attempt to reunite the old band - quite the reverse in fact as it shows the record company had a particular view on a new gn'r record.

How about the fact that Axl launched a counter suit against Azoff for allegedly deliberately damaging the release of chinese, an action alleged to have come about because axl wasn't open to considering a return of slash?

Azoff was management, not record company.

Regarding your first point...conversely it could be argued that the label's continued frustration of Guns efforts were an attempt to wear Axl down, so that a reunion, they hoped, might be more of a possibility?

And the second...I could be totally wrong here, but did the label have any involvement with Guns hiring Azoff?  At the very least, they may have nurtured the relationship with their desired goal in mind. Who knows, just surmising, but you see my point no?

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
mortismurphy
« Reply #2328 on: November 30, 2014, 01:19:58 PM »

And for some magical reason, you chose to believe the side that's not the band you're claiming to be  a fan of.
/jarmo

No I don't. I still think the ultimate reason for the delay rests with W. Axl Rose.

Regarding your first point...conversely it could be argued that the label's continued frustration of Guns efforts were an attempt to wear Axl down, so that a reunion, they hoped, might be more of a possibility?

Really far fetched! Listen, record companies exist fundamentally to make money out of recordings. Presumably a 'reunion' would entail a reunion tour, a two year tour, before any discussion on new recordings take place. What incentive would a record company have in a reunion if it derailed an album by, over two years? 'Greatest Hits' you might say? Well one of them was released in the mid-00s, during preciously the time we are discussing. And besides, it is a very expensive way to 'wear Axl down', a $13-15 million way to be precise.

Perhaps the best evidence is, the lack of an Axl comment. We all know Axl has a bit of an 'Out Ta Get Me' complex, yet, Axl Rose himself has never accused Interscope of sabotaging CD for a reunion. He did make this accusation against various ex-managers, and, he has accused Interscope of all manner of other nasty things, but never this.

And the second...I could be totally wrong here, but did the label have any involvement with Guns hiring Azoff?  At the very least, they may have nurtured the relationship with their desired goal in mind. Who knows, just surmising, but you see my point no?

The manager is hired by the artist and is independent of the record company. It is actually the role of the manager to defend his client's interest, frequently in opposition to the record company.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2329 on: November 30, 2014, 01:33:00 PM »

No I don't. I still think the ultimate reason for the delay rests with W. Axl Rose.

Did you understand what I said? I said you choose to believe whoever is not associated with the band, including Axl.

Quote from: Axl
I do know [that] I've been asking for a marketing plan for over five years and still haven't got anything

Imagine working on a record and asking the record company what they're gonna do with it once it's done and get that..... Nothing.
For over five years.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #2330 on: November 30, 2014, 01:39:02 PM »

Did you understand what I said? I said you choose to believe whoever is not associated with the band, including Axl.

Quote from: Axl
I do know [that] I've been asking for a marketing plan for over five years and still haven't got anything

Imagine working on a record and asking the record company what they're gonna do with it once it's done and get that..... Nothing.
For over five years.

/jarmo

I have read all of Chinese Whispers and have decided that the majority of the reason resides with Axl.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2331 on: November 30, 2014, 02:52:55 PM »

So you read one side of the story and decided based on that. How open minded of you.

Next.

/jarmo

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2332 on: November 30, 2014, 04:00:29 PM »

Come on Jarmo, what would Axl and Tommy know about labels and the recording industry. They have only been in it since the early 80's and the mid 80's.  confused

« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 05:41:45 PM by sky dog » Logged

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2333 on: November 30, 2014, 04:33:21 PM »

For the millionth time it came out when axl was ready ...ask Del James

Stop blaming the label , slash or the boogey man

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2334 on: November 30, 2014, 05:28:58 PM »

For the millionth time it came out when axl was ready ...ask Del James

Ummm, if he was gonna say it's only ready once the record company provided a marketing plan, we might still be waiting.  Tongue

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #2335 on: November 30, 2014, 05:48:53 PM »

So you read one side of the story and decided based on that. How open minded of you.

Next.

/jarmo

No, I read both sides of the story and came out believing the main problem lies with Axl, or Axl's methodology to be more specific. I am sorry, Jarmo, I am independent brain, only interested in facts, and not a zombified propagandising zealot - but there you have it! I am certainly not going to change now.

I am not denying that the relationship between the label and artist was not an easy one, but I believe ultimately, that album was delayed because of Axl's endless tinkering and procrastinating. It all goes back to him - as Del said. Even the need to overdub new musicians onto ex-members (e.g. Brain originally, followed by Bumblefoot and Frank later), certainly a factor in the delay (I am sure we can all agree there?), is A/ a policy actively pursued by Axl that he did not need to, and B/ Also, a symptom of his inability to maintain a steady line-up, based on his procrastinating, case in point, Buckethead. Buckethead was an actual Guns N' Roses member, yet he basically (via his manager) said he quit because of Axl inability to put an  album out! An actual band member said that! Yet we are supposed to believe some ineligible gibberish about over fussy AaR men?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2336 on: November 30, 2014, 06:06:45 PM »

I am sorry, Jarmo, I am independent brain, only interested in facts, and not a zombified propagandising zealot

Always nice to see people like yourself resort to personal insults when you can't just stick to your so called facts.
I guess you're not confident enough in your facts..... Otherwise you wouldn't have to use the insults to try to prove your point now would you?

I am not denying that the relationship between the label and artist was not an easy one, but I believe ultimately, that album was delayed because of Axl's endless tinkering and procrastinating. It all goes back to him - as Del said. Even the need to overdub new musicians onto ex-members (e.g. Brain originally, followed by Bumblefoot and Frank later), certainly a factor in the delay (I am sure we can all agree there?), is A/ a policy actively pursued by Axl that he did not need to, and B/ Also, a symptom of his inability to maintain a steady line-up, based on his procrastinating, case in point, Buckethead. Buckethead was an actual Guns N' Roses member, yet he basically (via his manager) said he quit because of Axl inability to put an  album out! An actual band member said that! Yet we are supposed to believe some ineligible gibberish about over fussy AaR men?

Of course you'd come to the simplest possible conclusion. Not expecting anything less from you.

If you took into account what Tommy said, or what Axl himself said, you'd see that the so called tinkering wasn't necessarily Axl's "evil master plan". Axl himself talked about releasing the album on multiple occasions before it came out. Nowhere did he say he needed a few more years to finish it.

That's just you buying into the image of Axl being the perfectionist trying to create the greatest masterpiece in modern times. No shame in admitting you believe anything you read. Lots of people do it.

Imagine you working on a project and almost being done. So in order to finish you need something. That something never materializes. You got more time on your hands. So you ask your friends to get involved to make them part of the project. Then you wait more.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 06:08:48 PM by jarmo » Logged

mortismurphy
« Reply #2337 on: November 30, 2014, 06:12:49 PM »

I see you have ignored my comment about Buckethead. Presumably the voice of GN'R members ceases to be relevant when they become, ex-members and cease to act like Stepford Wives. There is a lot also that is being omitted by yourself in this discussion, namely, the small matter of an estimated $13 million (possibly higher). It is a very strange policy, to throw $13 million into something you want to frustrate - very strange indeed. I can think of easier ways for a record company to frustrate an album such as dropping the artist - as with your Duff McKagan example.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2338 on: November 30, 2014, 06:40:41 PM »

Next.

/jarmo

No, I read both sides of the story and came out believing the main problem lies with Axl, or Axl's methodology to be more specific. I am sorry, Jarmo, I am independent brain, only interested in facts, and not a zombified propagandising zealot - but there you have it! I am certainly not going to change now.

I like tommy a quote where he says, after all the re-recording over producing and just general tinkering with CD.   What we gof to hear was pretty much just the songs that were still recoreed 10 years prior to that.   Again tommy gives examples of the labels interference in the recording process   I feel both sides were largely at fault for the delay of the album
However I can't see how the label is presently holding back the release of any new music.   I hope at the end of the day we just get songs that were really almost recorded 15 years ago. In regards to new material released.  And it isn't to messed with at all
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #2339 on: November 30, 2014, 07:01:38 PM »

I find Tommy's statement pretty clear.

now, I'm curious : is it still the same situation with the record company?

and does the next LP has already a name?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: