Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 09:37:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 468383 times)
beerman
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2920 on: April 15, 2012, 12:41:10 AM »

Fuck yeah!

5/91 AlpineValley
4/92 RosemontHorizon
1/01 HOB Vegas
11/02 AllstateArena
11/06 AllstateArena
11/11 AllstateArena
2/12 HOB Chicago
4/16 T-Mobile Vegas
7/16 SoldierField
11/17 UnitedCenter
beerman
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2921 on: April 15, 2012, 12:42:38 AM »

oops, that was meant for //JK75...not the jackass who just busted on AXL for the drama, btw I love drama....

5/91 AlpineValley
4/92 RosemontHorizon
1/01 HOB Vegas
11/02 AllstateArena
11/06 AllstateArena
11/11 AllstateArena
2/12 HOB Chicago
4/16 T-Mobile Vegas
7/16 SoldierField
11/17 UnitedCenter
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #2922 on: April 15, 2012, 12:44:18 AM »

Slash appearing on the backstage area!!
\\http://www.cleveland.com/rockhall/index.ssf/2012/04/rock_hall_inductions_2012_live_streaming_video.html
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #2923 on: April 15, 2012, 12:44:53 AM »

Goes to show who the the one  responsible for all the drama is in this band...and it ain't Adler or Slash.

It does?  Please explain
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #2924 on: April 15, 2012, 12:48:55 AM »

RHCP mentioned Guns N Roses.... the one guy talked about growing up next to Steven Adler and Slash.

\\http://www.cleveland.com/rockhall/index.ssf/2012/04/rock_hall_inductions_2012_live_streaming_video.html

Didn't see him.   Huh
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #2925 on: April 15, 2012, 12:54:34 AM »

RHCP mentioned Guns N Roses.... the one guy talked about growing up next to Steven Adler and Slash.

Didn't see him.   Huh

Appeared for half a second and went back, i think they're waiting for the right time to come out but they're doing Q/A

Nope, came out. Couple pictures, some middle fingers and FIN!
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #2926 on: April 15, 2012, 12:54:57 AM »

This was supposed to be the GUNS N' ROSES induction to the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame.

...and suddenly, Myles Kennedy popped up from nowhere.

To be honest, I dont know if I should laugh my ass off or if I should cry....

Anyway, even though the Guns N' Roses name added a TERRIBLE chapter tonight to its history, the good thing is the reunion ghost is finally TERMINATED.

Didn't see him.   Huh

that guy is Flea, RHCP's bassist. He's crying, and saying a looong speech.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
beerman
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2927 on: April 15, 2012, 12:55:38 AM »

Classic, no words just pics!!!

5/91 AlpineValley
4/92 RosemontHorizon
1/01 HOB Vegas
11/02 AllstateArena
11/06 AllstateArena
11/11 AllstateArena
2/12 HOB Chicago
4/16 T-Mobile Vegas
7/16 SoldierField
11/17 UnitedCenter
liesl9
Opening Act

« Reply #2928 on: April 15, 2012, 12:56:05 AM »

Chuck D is an old fan of GnR and Axl is an old fan of Public Enemy, and they both know that. Perhaps talking over the performance, and that look Chuck D has here, were not an accident. Just sayin'.
JustWckd
Rocker

It happened in my lifetime!!!

« Reply #2929 on: April 15, 2012, 12:59:18 AM »

If you haven't figured out GN'R still exist in 2012 with a different lineup, then you're a lost cause. We respect opinions, we don't respect people who are here to start shit.

I can accept that someone loves Slash, what I can't accept is someone coming here to claim that "Slash is better than DJ cause blah, blah, blah AND I WANT A REUNION NOW".

Sorry if you don't get the rules but there are some rules on this forum, maybe you should check them out before you start your shit here.

You tried it with my post half an hour ago...

I love GNR and saw them back in December.  Best concert I've ever been too.  But this forum is a joke that wants to act like the past never happpened and their contributions meaningless.  Stating an opinion isn't starting shit, unless you are unable to handle a differing opinion.  Sorry that I respect the classic lineup and don't bow to everything that Axl does.   The people starting shit are the ones saying that it was blasphemy for the guys to perform without Axl.  He chose not to be there.  That's fine but you can't bitch when the others move on without him just like he has moved on without them.  This thread is about the lineup that was being inducted.  If you can't discuss that line up in here without being called a hater or minimizing their contributions, then you are just as bad as the posters who won't let the reunion talk die.   Site the rules but you don't see me going from thread to thread mentioning Slash and Duff....only in a thread in which they are the subjects of.  

It's a double standard and it's ridiculous

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #2930 on: April 15, 2012, 12:59:41 AM »

Not the most terrible of nights.

I hope that all who watched were able to take from it what they wished.

Sometimes I think what gets lost in the "reunion vs. no reunion" debate is that the one common denominator in what both of us love is Axl. He's the front man of the past you clamor and hope to regain, and he's the front man of the future we pray for and hope to experience.

But alas, tonight was about the original lineup - what they accomplished, all of them.

Everyone seemed to handle it well in my opinion, except the crowd for booing Axl, but I guess thats too be expected.

Thought the lineup sounded really good from what I could hear on the webcast.

Again, I hope everyone got out of it what they wanted and had a good time experiencing it.

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #2931 on: April 15, 2012, 01:01:32 AM »

OK this can be filed in the dead horse section now.lol

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
JustWckd
Rocker

It happened in my lifetime!!!

« Reply #2932 on: April 15, 2012, 01:02:30 AM »

It was a good night for the past and the future is bright in the world of GNR.

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #2933 on: April 15, 2012, 01:04:46 AM »

If you haven't figured out GN'R still exist in 2012 with a different lineup, then you're a lost cause. We respect opinions, we don't respect people who are here to start shit.

I can accept that someone loves Slash, what I can't accept is someone coming here to claim that "Slash is better than DJ cause blah, blah, blah AND I WANT A REUNION NOW".

Sorry if you don't get the rules but there are some rules on this forum, maybe you should check them out before you start your shit here.

I love GNR and saw them back in December.  Best concert I've ever been too.  But this forum is a joke that wants to act like the past never happpened and their contributions meaningless.  Stating an opinion isn't starting shit, unless you are unable to handle a differing opinion.  Sorry that I respect the classic lineup and don't bow to everything that Axl does.   The people starting shit are the ones saying that it was blasphemy for the guys to perform without Axl.  He chose not to be there.  That's fine but you can't bitch when the others move on without him just like he has moved on without them.  This thread is about the lineup that was being inducted.  If you can't discuss that line up in here without being called a hater or minimizing their contributions, then you are just as bad as the posters who won't let the reunion talk die.   Site the rules but you don't see me going from thread to thread mentioning Slash and Duff....only in a thread in which they are the subjects of.  

Thank you, we will forward your suggestions to the suggestion box.

I do not ever intend to minimize the former members contributions to the band. Neither does Jarmo. That is simply something that people perceive it to be, because it's easier to attack the forum and what it stands for that way.

Every moderator here was a Guns N' Roses fan when they were the "old" lineup. Some of us have bootleg collections of the old lineup the likes of which wives would want to leave us for.

I realize it is so simple to just say we are disregarding the past, but it is not about that - it's about focusing on and supporting the now.

And forgive some of us if we seem to do it passionately - we've been spit on, laughed at, mocked, and bashed for close to 10 years in support of what the guys are trying to put together, and have put together.

But I certainly understand the passion coming from "the other side" - if you weren't passionate, you wouldn't be a guns n' roses fan in the first place.

Like I said earlier, I hope everyone had an enjoyable night.

- destry

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #2934 on: April 15, 2012, 01:07:23 AM »

This was supposed to be the GUNS N' ROSES induction to the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame.

...and suddenly, Myles Kennedy popped up from nowhere.

To be honest, I dont know if I should laugh my ass off or if I should cry....

Anyway, even though the Guns N' Roses name added a TERRIBLE chapter tonight to its history, the good thing is the reunion ghost is finally TERMINATED.

The Myles appearance was one of the most dreadful things I've seen/heard in a long time. Why does Slash keep going back to that well?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2935 on: April 15, 2012, 01:07:44 AM »

But u can focus and applaud the past one more time tonight and still support the future

will never understand why people have the attitude they have like if u love the old band u are somehow shitting on the new one.

its ridiculous

Axl performing tonight would've done nothing to hurt the lineup he has now going forward. I think it would've helped it

This shit storm he created certainly isn't going to help the new lineup at all.

IF he plays.. people would be wayyyyy more supportive of what he is doing.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2936 on: April 15, 2012, 01:09:17 AM »

I applaud u sir

people think Axl and GNR camp read forums... so they don't dare post something that may upset them

Fuck that

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #2937 on: April 15, 2012, 01:09:21 AM »

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #2938 on: April 15, 2012, 01:12:28 AM »

But u can focus and applaud the past one more time tonight and still support the future

will never understand why people have the attitude they have like if u love the old band u are somehow shitting on the new one.

its ridiculous

Axl performing tonight would've done nothing to hurt the lineup he has now going forward. I think it would've helped it

This shit storm he created certainly isn't going to help the new lineup at all.

IF he plays.. people would be wayyyyy more supportive of what he is doing.

The man made a personal decision based on what would make him content in his life. He didn't want to stand up there with Slash. Based on what I've heard, I probably wouldn't either if I were him.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #2939 on: April 15, 2012, 01:13:09 AM »

Thank you, we will forward your suggestions to the suggestion box.

I do not ever intend to minimize the former members contributions to the band. Neither does Jarmo. That is simply something that people perceive it to be, because it's easier to attack the forum and what it stands for that way.

Every moderator here was a Guns N' Roses fan when they were the "old" lineup. Some of us have bootleg collections of the old lineup the likes of which wives would want to leave us for.

I realize it is so simple to just say we are disregarding the past, but it is not about that - it's about focusing on and supporting the now.

And forgive some of us if we seem to do it passionately - we've been spit on, laughed at, mocked, and bashed for close to 10 years in support of what the guys are trying to put together, and have put together.

But I certainly understand the passion coming from "the other side" - if you weren't passionate, you wouldn't be a guns n' roses fan in the first place.

Like I said earlier, I hope everyone had an enjoyable night.

- destry

Exactly that... I am going against the rules now, but seriously, I can't add anything more to that. You're in my head man...

I applaud u sir

people think Axl and GNR camp read forums... so they don't dare post something that may upset them

Fuck that

Chill out D... Let's not start that shit again... You've been here long enough to know this discussion will lead you nowhere.

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: