Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 07:41:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 468028 times)
Judas Fuckin Priest
Headliner

« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2011, 11:24:35 AM »

Current line-up? make ANY sense.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2011, 11:25:46 AM »

well, I'm surprised this is turning out to be such a negative mess, and by surprised I mean I'm not.   This will never happen, but what if the public were to vote on which line up should get in?  In any case we should do this and at least have some fun with it instead of just arguing about it.  After all this is a great day for Guns N' Roses right??

I have separated it into 4 distinct line-ups, Which one would you guys vote for if you had the opportunity?( Jarmo, if you want to make a poll out of this that would be fun, feel free to take my genius idea  hihi)

A: Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven (AFD Lineup)

B: Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, Matt, Dizzy, Gilby (Live Era Line Up)

C: Axl, Robin, Tommy, Richard, Frank, Brain, Bumblefoot, Chris, Dizzy, DJ, Buckethead, Paul (Chinese Lineup)

D:  Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, Matt, Richard, Bumblefoot, DJ, Robin, Dizzy, Gilby, Tommy, Frank, Brain, Josh Freese, Buckethead, Teddy "Zig Zag" (Everyone who has played on a record, excluding members from other bands. For example ..Dave Navarro)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2011, 11:29:22 AM »

Congratulations to Guns N' Roses!  beer

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2011, 11:30:22 AM »

well, I'm surprised this is turning out to be such a negative mess, and by surprised I mean I'm not.   This will never happen, but what if the public were to vote on which line up should get in?  In any case we should do this and at least have some fun with it instead of just arguing about it.  After all this is a great day for Guns N' Roses right??

I have separated it into 4 distinct line-ups, Which one would you guys vote for if you had the opportunity?( Jarmo, if you want to make a poll out of this that would be fun, feel free to take my genius idea  hihi)

C: Axl, Robin, Tommy, Richard, Frank, Brain, Bumblefoot, Chris, Dizzy, DJ, Buckethead, Paul (Chinese Lineup)

D:  Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, Matt, Richard, Bumblefoot, DJ, Robin, Dizzy, Gilby, Tommy, Frank, Brain, Josh Freese, Buckethead, Teddy "Zig Zag" (Everyone who has played on a record, excluding members from other bands. For example ..Dave Navarro)

D... the only way to truly appreciate the legacy that is being rewarded is to view it in its entirety. If any one piece is missing, you're missing a piece of what makes it great. Smiley
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2011, 11:31:16 AM »

/jarmo

Out of everyone posting in this topic, 99% of us have forgotten to say this on here... thank you Jarmo for reminding us what's important.

Congratulations Guns N' Roses!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2011, 11:34:25 AM »

I'd choose B to get inducted, though not sure about Gilby.  But I'd choose D, as far as performances that night go.  I'd love to see all 4 lineups perform at least one song.  That'd be a GNR fanatics wet dream.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2011, 11:42:56 AM »

Congrats GNR!!!  beer

Its so funny reading posts from so many nervous people speculating like they know anything, there are 5 people that deserve to receive that award. Who ever else is included is up for grabs!

JSMastro
Opening Act

« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2011, 11:43:39 AM »

Everyone who has made a significnat contribution to what IS Guns N' Roses should be invited, and inducted.  Period.  

Very happy for Axl Rose, who will take his rightful place in "Music Immortality."  
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2011, 11:44:08 AM »

As far as the attitude that the HOF is inducting GnR "for Appetite" only, just look at the full biography of the band on their site. If that was truly the case, there would not be a mention of "CD" and the fact that the band is still touring (i'm pretty sure the HOF is aware that there has been some lineup changes). I'm sure the HOF would love to be the reason the "original" lineup got back together, but i agree it would be a huge step backwards for Axl and the new lineup. Yes, a lot of people would absolutely love it, but then they would be only supportive of a reunion band. This has been my band since "Appetite" was released, & personally i wouldn't mind seeing a song or 2 with the original guys for my own nolstalgia, but then i would move back to the present day and Axl's current vision of the band, which is the lineup i prefer by far at this point. But the casual fan would see the old lineup and would settle for nothing less after that, totally disregarding the musicianship of the new guys and how great the new music is. Myles Kennedy or Fergie singing GnR songs with Velvet Revolver (or w/ Weiland even) would be horrible, but a lot of people would probably love it (not me.) I would love to see the new lineup play some "Appetite"-era stuff (which i think sounds better than ever) and something new. It could be a great platform to blow people's minds, like "wow, maybe we should give these guys a chance". But I don't know that Axl really cares about trying to convince people that the new lineup kicks ass -- he plays with them night after night, he knows it, and they are convincing people on tour every show.Still, i would like to see the current lineup get more respect. In any event, this discussion on the HOF should create some interesting debates.

Good post but who cares how the general public perceives the new band? They will just keep it strutting along trying to win people over like they've been doing even after numerous lineup changes & CD promotion failure etc
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 11:47:49 AM by Top-Hatted One » Logged
ericy210
Headliner

What's up..... homefuck!

« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2011, 11:53:58 AM »

I think there is an easy solution.  The original band plays and is referred to as "Guns N' Roses Appetite for Destruction recording artists."
The Appetite crew gets respect for their accomplishment and Axl makes the distinction between old and new.

Iowa City 1993, Leeds 2002, Quad Cities 2002, Chicago 2002, NYC 2006, Lisbon 2006, London 2006, Donnington 2006, Wembley 2006, Chicago 2006, Toronto 2010, Chicago 2011, Chicago 2012, Chicago 2016 x 2
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2011, 12:00:46 PM »

I think there is an easy solution.  The original band plays and is referred to as "Guns N' Roses Appetite for Destruction recording artists."
The Appetite crew gets respect for their accomplishment and Axl makes the distinction between old and new.

ugh-they also recorded this album called Lies and UYI

libertad
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2011, 12:06:27 PM »

They were eligible for induction because it has been 25yrs since their debut album(AFD) That does not mean they are being inducted on AFD only. Lies, UYI..you know Patience, Nov Rain, YCBM, Civil War, Estranged!
molinari
Opening Act

« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2011, 12:07:30 PM »

i dont see any good solution. Just screw it, this serves no purpose anyway, another round of "reunion speculation" just fuck it.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2011, 12:13:25 PM »

Axl deserves to stand up there as much as Slash, Duff, Steven/Matt, and Izzy do.  Nobody here is disputing that.

Sorry, but I dont agree with you at all.

And you have to be nuts (or very ignorant) to think Axl deserves to stand up there ''as much as'' Slash, Steven Adler and (specially) fuckin' Matt Sorum...

Anyway, there 's a huge northamerican tour with huge setlists and huge performances and other lot of huge things going on to care about. And an european tour is being arranged apparently. Too many exciting things to pay attention to a nostalgic, senseless and devaluated mediatic show.

That is a bizarre statement to make. Are you saying Axl has more of a right or less of a right?

Correct me if I am wrong but the band was inducted on the back of AFD, UYI I & II, and Lies. The band which created these works of art are Axl/Duff/Slash/Izzy/ and Matt/Steven.  The band is inducted not members x and y and not z.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2011, 12:13:33 PM »

/jarmo

Way to add fuel to the rumour mill fire there Jarmo.....   rofl rofl

Yeah....what he said

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2011, 12:14:51 PM »

I'm not gonna argue with that. I'm not gonna argue with the other people either. Like I said, I think they should all be included.

+1

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2011, 12:15:42 PM »

i dont see any good solution. Just screw it, this serves no purpose anyway, another round of "reunion speculation" just fuck it.

The Hall of Fame actually does a lot for a band as far as exposure and album sales.  Guns N' Roses are the main story on just about every news site in the country right now.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2011, 12:18:24 PM »

It will help the tour-look for greatest hits to get a spike

libertad
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2011, 12:20:03 PM »

It will help the tour-look for greatest hits to get a spike

yeah Greatest Hits will def get a spike and probably "Appetite" as it seems to be the main thing mentioned in all of these articles.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2011, 12:22:06 PM »

Everyone who has made a significnat contribution to what IS Guns N' Roses should be invited, and inducted.  Period.  

Very happy for Axl Rose, who will take his rightful place in "Music Immortality."  

I hope Axl feels the same.

Congratulations to everyone.

First ballot. That fucking rules.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: