Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:37:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 468044 times)
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #2940 on: April 15, 2012, 01:17:29 AM »

just got here a little while ago.  been reading about the show and heard the performance on youtube.  I thought the band sounded great.  Have not seen the acceptance speeches yet, but I look forward to it.  I am glad that Steven was able to play with Slash and Duff in that capacity.  I am sure that while it was not the ending he wanted, its got to feel good to be out there playing.  

One person I do feel bad for is Dizzy.  I have a feeling that he wanted to be a part of the ceremony, but once Axl distanced himself from it Dizzy knew he could not attend.  I would love to know how he feels about everything, but we'll never know probably  
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #2941 on: April 15, 2012, 01:19:35 AM »

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #2942 on: April 15, 2012, 01:22:13 AM »

Good to see Gilby!
Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2943 on: April 15, 2012, 01:22:26 AM »

Slash on stage with RHCP !!!
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2944 on: April 15, 2012, 01:22:55 AM »

jim florentine‏

Huge jam w the Chili Peppers joined by Slash, Ron Wood, and Billy Joe from Green Day!

Broski
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #2945 on: April 15, 2012, 01:28:06 AM »

CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2946 on: April 15, 2012, 01:31:40 AM »

That's a wrap.

Broski
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2947 on: April 15, 2012, 01:42:47 AM »

What did Billy say about Axl? Anyone?

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2948 on: April 15, 2012, 01:43:55 AM »

Broski
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2949 on: April 15, 2012, 01:52:11 AM »

But u can focus and applaud the past one more time tonight and still support the future

will never understand why people have the attitude they have like if u love the old band u are somehow shitting on the new one.

its ridiculous

What's ridiculous is that some fans seem to think that in order to celebrate the past, they NEED to shit on the present.

It's hacks this, hired hands that.

This site isn't about the past only. If you're here for the past alone, you're on the wrong site. You need to respect that. You need to respect that a lot of fans are here for the present.

Why is that so hard to understand?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
alexander
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2950 on: April 15, 2012, 02:15:12 AM »

That's not hard to understand at all mate.  The issue is when all the new age fans talk up the latest incarnation as if they are more important than the old line up. 

I have seen the new line up twice and loved every second.  They are a kick ass rock band and I cant wait for the next album.

However, with that said, no one in their right mind can compare what the old line up achieved with what the new line up have.  Its just stupid.  Again, I love the new line up, but I am also
A realist with my head removed from my ass.  The old line up were a rock band for an entire generation.  What they achieved (IN THE TIME FRAME THEY DID IT IN) exceeds even the feats of the like of the beatles or Elvis. 

No band in the history of music achieved so much in so little time.  No one.  Consider.  In just 6 short years, they created a catalog that has now sold 100 million albums.  They played to tens of millions in a few years.
They made more headlines than Jesus.  They influence more bands than I can count.  They have recieved more radio play than the new line up EVER will. 

Again, I love the new line up.  But can we please be realistic here.  There is no comparing the two, not that the act of drawing comparisons is of any point anyway.  Give it a rest.  Guns N Roses is a culmination of things and events, 99% of which happened years ago.....not today.  Hence the induction into the Rock N Roll hall of fame. 

Cheers.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #2951 on: April 15, 2012, 02:20:17 AM »

That's not hard to understand at all mate.  The issue is when all the new age fans talk up the latest incarnation as if they are more important than the old line up. 

I have seen the new line up twice and loved every second.  They are a kick ass rock band and I cant wait for the next album.

However, with that said, no one in their right mind can compare what the old line up achieved with what the new line up have.  Its just stupid.  Again, I love the new line up, but I am also
A realist with my head removed from my ass.  The old line up were a rock band for an entire generation.  What they achieved (IN THE TIME FRAME THEY DID IT IN) exceeds even the feats of the like of the beatles or Elvis. 

No band in the history of music achieved so much in so little time.  No one.  Consider.  In just 6 short years, they created a catalog that has now sold 100 million albums.  They played to tens of millions in a few years.
They made more headlines than Jesus.  They influence more bands than I can count.  They have recieved more radio play than the new line up EVER will. 

Again, I love the new line up.  But can we please be realistic here.  There is no comparing the two, not that the act of drawing comparisons is of any point anyway.  Give it a rest.  Guns N Roses is a culmination of things and events, 99% of which happened years ago.....not today.  Hence the induction into the Rock N Roll hall of fame. 

Cheers.

There is only one band dude. No need to invent a second one to compare. There is only one band that was created in 1985 by Axl and Izzy and that's still alive and its going to rock Europe in 4 weeks.

No one from the original lineup or from the current one was present tonight at the HOF induction ceremony. So, basically, that wasn't Guns N' Roses.

do you REALLY think this is something hard to understand? Guns N' Roses is an active band. You can like it or not, but you CANT change that fact.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2952 on: April 15, 2012, 02:28:19 AM »

Because they enjoy the current band? Because they support the band? Because they think the shows are amazing?

You talk about it like there were two different bands. No, same band, different line ups.  Smiley

It's evolved over time and for some of you that's a tough pill to swallow.

None of you talk about the AFD line up vs the UYI line up with Izzy vs the one with Gilby. You don't hate one of those because you prefer another.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
alexander
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2953 on: April 15, 2012, 02:28:32 AM »

No one from the original line up was present?  You're not real bright are you?  
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2954 on: April 15, 2012, 02:29:15 AM »

Slash sounded awesome, fuckin miss hearing that sound on those songs, and the adler joke by matt was great "You should get an award for getting kicked out of Guns N Roses for doing to much drugs, how is that possible in Guns N' Roses" Matt also said they were all doing heroin when he joined the band, and Matt brought Cocaine to the table, and they recorded the Illusions.

M. Kennedy was go, of course they started with Brownstone where Kennedy mumbles the first line and sounds horrible, also Kennedy fucked up at the end of Paradise City and started singing during Slash's solo and slash just kept soloing,
RIP Original GNR, im glad i witnessed the end.
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #2955 on: April 15, 2012, 02:30:42 AM »

Cheers.

great post.  i listen to Catcher every morning but i'm not delusional.  there are 6 guys who changed the history of rock and impacted my life since i was 8 years old.  these are the guys we are celebrating tonight.

My posts all have hidden messages.  It's your job to find it.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2956 on: April 15, 2012, 02:31:03 AM »

No one from the original line up was present?  

Technically no.

If you want to stick to facts,, which I'm sure you would, Duff, Steven and Slash JOINED an existing band called Guns N' Roses.

Whenever somebody says "But Axl is the only remaining original member of GN'R  crying " when they talk about upcoming shows, you can always say "That's been the case since Izzy quit in 1991"... Wink

People seem to confuse the word original to something like classic or most recognized.

You're not real bright are you?  

No need for insults just because you don't know the meaning of the word original.... Smiley

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 02:39:18 AM by jarmo » Logged

zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #2957 on: April 15, 2012, 02:32:16 AM »

No one from the original line up was present?  You're not real bright are you?  
original members: Axl, Izzy, Tracii Guns, Rob Gardner, Ole Beich (R.I.P.)
current members: Axl, DJ, Bumblefoot, 4tus, Tommy, Dizzy, Frank, Pitman
who's attending the clown-show: pretty much anyone else hihi

alexander
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2958 on: April 15, 2012, 02:33:14 AM »

I never said anything about hating.  

I love the new line up.  I also love the old line up.  

But the hall of fame induction has nothing to do with the new line up save for the fact that Axl was a hugely important part of the old line up.  And he turned the induction down.

I am not playing down how great the new, (if you can call it new anymore) line up is.  They kick ass.  But the fact of the matter is, they have yet to accomplish anything remotely close to what the old guys did.
And there is nothign wrong with that.  They have simply not released enough material yet is all.  Also consider the music industry has changed so very much that it is very unlikely that any band will ever be able to leave a mark like old Guns
did.  Or Zep did.  Or the Stones etc....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2959 on: April 15, 2012, 02:35:02 AM »

You forgot Dizzy. Wink

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: