Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 12:23:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 469025 times)
siraddam
Headliner

« Reply #2000 on: April 07, 2012, 12:08:48 PM »

Here a reporter asks Axl from yesterday!!!!

http://www.tmz.com/2012/04/07/lana-del-rey-axl-rose-video/#.T4CCNNlHiAN

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2001 on: April 07, 2012, 12:46:35 PM »

He said "not in this lifetime" to the reunion question.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« Reply #2002 on: April 07, 2012, 12:54:23 PM »

cmon !!!

it is just an award ... accept and have fun you all guys !!!!

hope ADLER stop making stupids commnens .... for me  THE REAL DRUMMER OF GUNS WAS ....... MATT SORUM !!!
40oz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2003 on: April 07, 2012, 02:57:49 PM »

FAQ's have been updated for the event.  Looks like we can't bring cameras in. And bring cash!

Frequently Asked Questions

?    When and where is the Induction Ceremony?
The 27th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will take place on Saturday, April 14, 2012 at historic Public Hall in downtown Cleveland, Ohio. Doors open at 7 p.m. and show begins at 8 p.m.

?    Which artists will be attending and/or performing at the Induction Ceremony?
Participating and performing artists will be announced in the upcoming week.

?    What is the dress code for the Induction Ceremony?
Casual to "rock and roll chic." (Need ideas? Click here for our past Rock Hall Ball 'what to wear' photo gallery.)

?    Can I bring a camera or video camera to the Inductions?
All cameras, photography, recording and filming are strictly prohibited.

?    Will there be concessions available?
Soft drinks, water, beer, wine and light snacks are available throughout the upper level seating sections. Please note that concession stands are cash only so please plan accordingly as there are no ATMs inside Public Hall and re-entry into the venue is not permitted.
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2004 on: April 07, 2012, 05:07:44 PM »

Which artists will be attending and/or performing at the Induction Ceremony?
Participating and performing artists will be announced in the upcoming week.

I guess we'll find out for sure if they're playing, soon. But I think everyone already knows the answer.

Broski
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #2005 on: April 07, 2012, 05:12:06 PM »

I think IF it happens it'll be a spur of the moment thing ie that day! Just hoping for a good show- whatever happens. Going from London on thursday, seeing Duff on Friday then head to Atlanta to see Van Halen then finish the trip in Memphis.. Very excited!
greenhorn1
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2006 on: April 07, 2012, 06:24:25 PM »

Not just one of the greatest rock albums of all time. I count four in my collection. Wink

absolutely.  I actually do get sick hearing about "Appetite" ALL the time.  The "Illusions" were just as important and I still consider it to be the crowning moment of old Guns.  They showed they were not just a hard rock band.

Well as much as I love UYI (which is a lot), Appetite is the greatest album of all time IMO so naturally it gets a lot more credit.  Having said that, these days I tend to listen to UYI tracks a bit more often just because so many appetite songs get overplayed.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #2007 on: April 08, 2012, 04:57:59 AM »

I think IF it happens it'll be a spur of the moment thing ie that day! Just hoping for a good show- whatever happens. Going from London on thursday, seeing Duff on Friday then head to Atlanta to see Van Halen then finish the trip in Memphis.. Very excited!

Not s snowball's chance it'll happen but I'm sure you'll have a great time regardless. Memphis is on my 'must do' list, so am envious of you there.  Cheesy

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
TokyoRose
Headliner

« Reply #2008 on: April 08, 2012, 07:14:16 AM »

I can't wait for this to be over too.  This is a distraction to me as the band preps for a European tour.  Acknowledging the old band is ancient history to someone like me.  Frankly, I wouldn't fault Axl if he didn't show.  I mean what is the point of all this?  We just enjoyed an awesome theater tour and now a European tour.  Axl's voice sounds great.  The reunion isn't happening.  How much clearer could Axl have made it???  Either Slash or himself will die before they take the stage together.  Some people never learn and never will.  Just see the current band when you have the chance and I guarantee you will see one great rock concert.

This "distraction" is acknowledging one of the greatest rock albums of all time, although perhaps it is ancient history to many. Without that album and the success it had, there probably wouldn't even be a current theater or European tour.  GnR is not just about the current combination of players nor is it all about Axl Rose.   

I find it hard to understand some of the animosity, here, towards some former members, without whom, this band in it's current version probably wouldn't even exist.   

Exactly.  Some people are hell bent on shoveling out hate.  They disresect the past to make themselves feel better about the present.
It truly was only those guys who could have made AFD so good.  It was their combined talents that made it special.

People are blasting Steven for at times being stupid, immature, and not professional.  Which is frankly very fair.  On the other hand
these bashers are conveniently forgetting all the stupid stuff Axl does, and did.  He's no saint, and yes that's ok.  He's a human being.
No one is perfect in this matter.  No one.   Stop bashing one guy to make the guy you prefer seem better.  That is stupid, and childish just
like you are complaining about.

Boromir
VIP

« Reply #2009 on: April 08, 2012, 08:05:57 AM »

I think its safe to say that Lana Del Ray should induct the band

rofl

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2010 on: April 08, 2012, 11:45:29 AM »

Exactly.  Some people are hell bent on shoveling out hate.  They disresect the past to make themselves feel better about the present.
It truly was only those guys who could have made AFD so good.  It was their combined talents that made it special.

Guess there was no hate in Slash dissing those "two other guys" Sorum and Dizzy.   Roll Eyes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #2011 on: April 08, 2012, 11:56:36 AM »

cool duff post on his facebook about the r&r hof today.  i would post it but it got deleted.

My posts all have hidden messages.  It's your job to find it.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2012 on: April 08, 2012, 12:08:02 PM »

cool duff post on his facebook about the r&r hof today.  i would post it but it got deleted.

I say "No fear"...For the upcoming induction.. Smiley i dedicate it to all of my great fans and fantastic GN'R line up still and always...in my deepest heart (Axl,Slash,Steven,Matt,Dizzy reed,izzy,gilby) im ready to make... it all fits so right Smiley)
Share ? 3 hours ago via mobile on Telkomsel

Telkomsel is a brand name of a GSM and UMTS Mobile phone network operator which is operating in Indonesia.

I guess Duff is in Indonesia posting Facebook updates?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #2013 on: April 08, 2012, 12:10:06 PM »

I say "No fear"...For the upcoming induction.. Smiley i dedicate it to all of my great fans and fantastic GN'R line up still and always...in my deepest heart (Axl,Slash,Steven,Matt,Dizzy reed,izzy,gilby) im ready to make... it all fits so right Smiley)

Telkomsel is a brand name of a GSM and UMTS Mobile phone network operator which is operating in Indonesia.

/jarmo

so, should i just PM you my posts and you can post them?

zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #2014 on: April 08, 2012, 12:23:47 PM »

nobody likes reading fake FB status messages spreading lies Roll Eyes

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2015 on: April 08, 2012, 01:12:16 PM »

/jarmo

No, but you can stop posting shit that you don't know for sure is accurate.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #2016 on: April 08, 2012, 01:16:07 PM »

/jarmo

No, but you can stop posting shit that you don't know for sure is accurate.

/jarmo

i dont talk to any of the band.  i dont know anything i read here or on the net is accurate. 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2017 on: April 08, 2012, 01:29:17 PM »

So don't get your panties in a bunch when a post with questionable origin is removed.

/jarmo

vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #2018 on: April 08, 2012, 01:32:09 PM »

i'm wearing a thong and it's certainly not bunched up.

/vicariousexistence

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2019 on: April 08, 2012, 01:35:18 PM »

Good for you!

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: