Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 11:16:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228089 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  (Updates) December 4, Bridgestone Arena @ Nashville (TN, USA)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: (Updates) December 4, Bridgestone Arena @ Nashville (TN, USA)  (Read 56406 times)
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #180 on: December 05, 2011, 05:20:27 PM »

Civil War, hooooolyyyyy shit.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #181 on: December 05, 2011, 05:31:50 PM »

Civil War...  drool drool drool

I remember a comment by Richard a few years back saying that they may play it again, turns out he was right.  Wink
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #182 on: December 05, 2011, 06:34:54 PM »

So many good songs on illusions.  I'm glad they're finally playing them.  Maybe we will see Axl on the acoustic singing dead horse next.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #183 on: December 05, 2011, 06:39:50 PM »

Review:

Got to  the arena about 6:30, doors didn't open till after 7pm

Got inside and the lines at the merch stands were SUPER long. So decided to wait till break between opener and GNR to buy a T Shirt

Got to my seat about 7:30 or so, Crowd in my section was really cool. Surprised at how many had no idea who opener was and a lot of people around me didn't know Axl plays later than most. Took pleasure at the look on their face when I informed them concert prob wouldn't start till after 10:30 LOL

So anyway, Saw Jarmo scanning section 107 and i waved, he came down and we chatted for a while. Really awesome meeting him and I came just short of asking him to erase my negative karma LOL

Del James interrupted our convo which was pretty cool, so we said bye and then began the wait for BLS.

at 9:15 or so, they took the stage... I knew of the band but didn't know any of their songs.... Honestly, not my type of music, I really wish Baz had opened my show but it was ok.

They played till bout 10:15... Went and bought a T Shirt, hit the bathroom and got back to my seat bout 10:45.. Was expecting to wait a while but at 11pm Dexter intro hit and I was pleasantly surprised!!

U know how I know Axl is the greatest frontman of all time and an absolute living Icon and Legend?? When he walked out onstage, first I almost hyperventilated, 2nd, Axl looked like he was 10 feet tall. I felt had i met him, I would've came up to his ankles. That is a testament to his aura and larger than life talent.

First thing I noticed right away was Axl is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more active and physical than the Youtube boots do him justice. I thought i was watching 1992 Axl all over again the way he was all over the stage, running,spinning, jumping,dancing etc.

In an era where his peers hide behind a guitar or stand in one spot, Axl makes all other frontmen look absolutely amateurish. He is without a doubt in a class by himself. You don't fully appreciate or get the FULL power of Axl's scream during LALD till u hear it in concert. I must have said HOLY SHIT like 20 times.

The true Superstar of the evening though was Mr DJ Ashba. Holy fuck this guy is out of this world. He spent most of the time in my section at the railing, so Forgive me if i favor him too much over Richard or Ron, but watching him run,jump and then STAND on the railing and play guitar and interact with the fans while doing so.. just absolutely what GNR was missing.

He would have one foot on the rail, one over it, and he would sidestep down the rail while playing PERFECTLY. The justice he does to my favorite riffs and solos of all time is appreciated.  He even jumped into our section during Nightrain and was standing 5 feet away playing. A female attacked him while walking up the aisle and laid a giant french kiss on him! LOL

Ron also was complete class everytime he came over to our rail. Richard mainly stayed in the middle and on the other side as did Tommy.

Seeing Axl literally 5 feet from me was something I will never forget and a memory that will remain till I die. I promise he smiled at me during Madagascar as I knew every lyric of course. DJ pointed at me during Shackler's

Came just short of catching DJ's pick.... Damn douche next to me!!

The entire concert was a highlight but the best moments were Axl's funny Gravy n biscuit story *growing up, he ate fried bologna in Indiana, C'mon Axl*  As Axl was walking to his tent, a drunk guy in my section in front of me yelled "I love you Axl" Axl turned around and waved LOL

All in All was the absolute greatest concert I've ever been to and I 100 percent support this lineup and want MORE! This lineup has to do an album together. The chemistry and talent in this band can rule the world and save rock n roll.

Show began at 11pm, ended around 2:05am and I got home around 4:15am had to be up at 9. I've been a zombie all day but thinking of the concert last night got me through my day!!!

Axl's jumps in place during Better was outrageous. I think I'm gonna have to check his birth certificate. no way he should be able to get up that high. White Men DEFINITELY can jump.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 06:42:26 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
sandman83
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #184 on: December 05, 2011, 07:01:33 PM »

Great review D, couldn't explain the concert much better myself.  That's funny about almost getting the pick.  I almost got the whistle on paradise city!  Actually got a hand on it, but guy next to me got it.  Oh well, atleast I touched it lol
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #185 on: December 05, 2011, 09:26:12 PM »

Best show of the tour? Probably!

Amazing Sunday night in Nashville.

Another three hour plus show. Fans are definitely getting their money's worth.

And how about Civil War?

That was amazing. Band sounded great. Great job on pulling that off in the middle of the tour.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gnrmadagascar
Headliner

Broken glass and cigarettes...

« Reply #186 on: December 05, 2011, 09:56:56 PM »

Review:

Got to  the arena about 6:30, doors didn't open till after 7pm

Got inside and the lines at the merch stands were SUPER long. So decided to wait till break between opener and GNR to buy a T Shirt

Got to my seat about 7:30 or so, Crowd in my section was really cool. Surprised at how many had no idea who opener was and a lot of people around me didn't know Axl plays later than most. Took pleasure at the look on their face when I informed them concert prob wouldn't start till after 10:30 LOL

So anyway, Saw Jarmo scanning section 107 and i waved, he came down and we chatted for a while. Really awesome meeting him and I came just short of asking him to erase my negative karma LOL

Del James interrupted our convo which was pretty cool, so we said bye and then began the wait for BLS.

at 9:15 or so, they took the stage... I knew of the band but didn't know any of their songs.... Honestly, not my type of music, I really wish Baz had opened my show but it was ok.

They played till bout 10:15... Went and bought a T Shirt, hit the bathroom and got back to my seat bout 10:45.. Was expecting to wait a while but at 11pm Dexter intro hit and I was pleasantly surprised!!

U know how I know Axl is the greatest frontman of all time and an absolute living Icon and Legend?? When he walked out onstage, first I almost hyperventilated, 2nd, Axl looked like he was 10 feet tall. I felt had i met him, I would've came up to his ankles. That is a testament to his aura and larger than life talent.

First thing I noticed right away was Axl is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more active and physical than the Youtube boots do him justice. I thought i was watching 1992 Axl all over again the way he was all over the stage, running,spinning, jumping,dancing etc.

In an era where his peers hide behind a guitar or stand in one spot, Axl makes all other frontmen look absolutely amateurish. He is without a doubt in a class by himself. You don't fully appreciate or get the FULL power of Axl's scream during LALD till u hear it in concert. I must have said HOLY SHIT like 20 times.

The true Superstar of the evening though was Mr DJ Ashba. Holy fuck this guy is out of this world. He spent most of the time in my section at the railing, so Forgive me if i favor him too much over Richard or Ron, but watching him run,jump and then STAND on the railing and play guitar and interact with the fans while doing so.. just absolutely what GNR was missing.

He would have one foot on the rail, one over it, and he would sidestep down the rail while playing PERFECTLY. The justice he does to my favorite riffs and solos of all time is appreciated.  He even jumped into our section during Nightrain and was standing 5 feet away playing. A female attacked him while walking up the aisle and laid a giant french kiss on him! LOL

Ron also was complete class everytime he came over to our rail. Richard mainly stayed in the middle and on the other side as did Tommy.

Seeing Axl literally 5 feet from me was something I will never forget and a memory that will remain till I die. I promise he smiled at me during Madagascar as I knew every lyric of course. DJ pointed at me during Shackler's

Came just short of catching DJ's pick.... Damn douche next to me!!

The entire concert was a highlight but the best moments were Axl's funny Gravy n biscuit story *growing up, he ate fried bologna in Indiana, C'mon Axl*  As Axl was walking to his tent, a drunk guy in my section in front of me yelled "I love you Axl" Axl turned around and waved LOL

All in All was the absolute greatest concert I've ever been to and I 100 percent support this lineup and want MORE! This lineup has to do an album together. The chemistry and talent in this band can rule the world and save rock n roll.

Show began at 11pm, ended around 2:05am and I got home around 4:15am had to be up at 9. I've been a zombie all day but thinking of the concert last night got me through my day!!!

Axl's jumps in place during Better was outrageous. I think I'm gonna have to check his birth certificate. no way he should be able to get up that high. White Men DEFINITELY can jump.

Last night was my first time seeing GNR as well D, and I couldn't have put it better myself! It was the best concert I've ever been to as well. What a great, great time in the GNR world and to be a GNR fan!

The Poster Formely Known as estranged13
"While I'm sitting here, doing nothing but aging, still my guitar, gently weeps..." - George Harrison
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #187 on: December 05, 2011, 10:17:55 PM »

Glad you had fun, D - brings back fond memories of me losing my own Gn'R virginity  beer

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
rendestroi95
Rocker

You Know Where You Are?? No?? Okay :(

« Reply #188 on: December 05, 2011, 10:31:54 PM »

LOL AT THIS VIDEO  rofl rofl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaWUJToBQSY

*Intro starts*

Guy: "HOLY SHIT!! HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!"

when i saw the update here, that was my reaction too  hihi

it's happening
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #189 on: December 05, 2011, 10:53:48 PM »

Glad you had fun, D - brings back fond memories of me losing my own Gn'R virginity  beer

Never felt better LOL!

asdf gunner
Rocker

« Reply #190 on: December 05, 2011, 11:32:20 PM »

I never thought that Axl could beat his 90's self in a song like this, I was totally wrong  rofl

What's so civil about W.A.R anyway?...
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #191 on: December 05, 2011, 11:59:52 PM »

this is my civil war video, excuse my camera... it's old lol

http://youtu.be/VdUKhoLIXBs

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #192 on: December 06, 2011, 12:07:54 AM »

Did u guys end up using those seats???

heck, entire row by me opened up, u coulda set with us!

Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #193 on: December 06, 2011, 12:28:14 AM »

Did u guys end up using those seats???

heck, entire row by me opened up, u coulda set with us!

we didn't but we were seriously thinking about it when black label society was playing... man their crowd was out of control and i don't mean that in a good way lol.  it was worth it though to be that close when gnr came on.  the band sounded so perfect that its almost unbelievable... even better than when i seen them in 2006 in san francisco and until now i thought that was the best concert ever and im not just saying that... i've seen some big ones... metallica and black sabbath to name a couple.  i can honestly say that this was the best concert i have ever attended... 3 hours of absolute perfection, hell yea i got my moneys worth... i kinda felt like i didn't pay enough honestly.  i hate that we didn't get to meet you guys... i saw you and jarmo talking and i think i saw rick in the very front.  i also noticed dj getting mobbed by all those girls in your section who were trying to kiss him... then i got to hear from my wife after the show about how he had such a pretty face   Angry  did you guys see tommy goofing off with dj's hat... that was funny.   i gotta say though that i think in my opinion anyway that bumblefoot really stood out the most... during a solo i heard one guy say, 'he looks like jesus' then i heard another say back to him, 'he plays like him too'   rofl i like how axl mentioned the kind of food we eat down here lol... he's said, 'i had biscuits and gravy with bologna for breakfast.... yes bologna' or something like that anyway it was funny how he said it. 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 01:01:22 AM by Jeramy » Logged

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #194 on: December 06, 2011, 12:41:23 AM »

It sounds cliche for all of us GNR fanatics to go see a show and come back and say it was "the best concert ever."  But honestly, I don't see how a show could be any better after experiencing it firsthand.  They really are that good, and the show really is that great.  They were great in 2002, even better in 2006, and now they're just superb.  I went with 8 friends to the show in Hartford, and they were all blown away and pleasantly surprised.  Many were skeptical heading in, but the band delivered and then some.

My only complaint is, I think all concerts from here on out are now ruined for me because they won't come anywhere close to being as good.  Even if I see GNR again (and hopefully I do), I don't see how they could possibly top themselves.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #195 on: December 06, 2011, 12:49:15 AM »

it may sound cliche, but i enjoy all kinds of music and i've seen many many shows

country, rap, metal, rock...  i even took my kids to see yo gabba gabba and enjoyed it

believe me when i say, 'perfection.' 

i only wish all shows sounded as good as they did last night

if you have the chance to see them on the rest of the tour... DON'T HESITATE TO GO!!!!

you'll regret it if you don't when you hear about how much ass they kicked in your town
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 12:51:30 AM by Jeramy » Logged

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #196 on: December 06, 2011, 12:58:59 AM »

i

if you have the chance to see them on the rest of the tour... DON'T HESITATE TO GO!!!!

you'll regret it if you don't when you hear about how much ass they kicked in your town
Completely agree.  I feel lucky to have gotten to see them this time around.  It was a long time coming for them to tour the US, but it was well worth the wait.  Epic 3+ hour shows, 25+ songs, Estranged, Civil War.  You couldn't ask for much more. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #197 on: December 06, 2011, 01:09:45 AM »

I've seen tons of concerts.. This and The 2002 Prince Musicology tour are ranked 1-2

Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #198 on: December 06, 2011, 01:49:15 AM »

DJ:  Dude, I forgot how to play The Pink Panther Theme
Ron:  Okay DJ, just put your fingers right there

NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE... GOOD... FUCKING.... NIGHT!!!!!!

Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #199 on: December 06, 2011, 02:08:07 AM »

After watching the vids, I have no words for Axl's vocals on Civil War.

It's like listening to the studio version.

I can only imagine what it would have been like to hear it live.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: