Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:55:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  (Updates) November 17, IZOD Center @ New Jersey
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: (Updates) November 17, IZOD Center @ New Jersey  (Read 20720 times)
Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2011, 02:35:49 AM »

The crowd was so boring. I enjoyed the show, but noone around me knew the "new" songs. Idc, but its an observation. Axl sounded good. I tought Nightrain was played the best. DJ was messing with the pyro n he almost blew up himself lol. He walk into the crowd also. Axl barely talked to us. I wouldnt either lol. The band was great... Crowd not so much. It was around 90% full. But i guess seeing Testament/Anthrax in worcester, ma last week would mske any crowd look lame. Oh well... Saturday ill be in Hartford. Time to sleep in this cheap hotel lol.

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2011, 02:46:55 AM »

The crowd was so boring. I enjoyed the show, but noone around me knew the "new" songs. Idc, but its an observation. Axl sounded good. I tought Nightrain was played the best. DJ was messing with the pyro n he almost blew up himself lol. He walk into the crowd also. Axl barely talked to us. I wouldnt either lol. The band was great... Crowd not so much. It was around 90% full. But i guess seeing Testament/Anthrax in worcester, ma last week would mske any crowd look lame. Oh well... Saturday ill be in Hartford. Time to sleep in this cheap hotel lol.
so then there were lot of boring people if arena had been 90% full.
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2011, 02:49:04 AM »

just got home. great show shitty crowd. who teh fuck sits during a gnr show, my whole section sat no one was dancing nothin. thank god the band rocked it. gonna go to sleep for a few hours now. and yes dj almost blew him self up. lol. gotta love it.
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2011, 02:59:14 AM »

BADASS

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150407282769311&set=vb.10901008068&type=2&theater

DJ going out into the crowd.
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2011, 03:26:00 AM »

Just got home.  The band and Axl were amazing.  No question.  The sound was a bit muffled from the floor and though the crowd was a bit lame, they did seem to be enjoying themselves.  Just think they had a different way of expressing it.  I'd say the place was about 70% full.  Axl's voice and energy are top notch.  Nightrain, Whole Lotta Rosie, Paradise City, Rocket Queen were highlights.  I am so proud that my favorite band gives everything they have.  Thank you!
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2011, 03:37:27 AM »

Just got back. Show was great. How anyone has anything negative to say about this band is beyond me. This was more 4th GNR show and it definitely was the calmest crowd I've seen. I think they enjoyed themselves but there was no fights, no beligerent drunks, etc ... Which is good I guess, it was also a much older crowd to though...I'm 28 and I looked younger then majority of the people I talked to. None of that matters though. Axl sounded great and the band rocked !

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2011, 03:44:01 AM »

Just got home.  Amazing performance.  Axl and the band were at their best; really cohesive and Axl's voice is in top form.  Crowd was pretty lame.  I was on the floor, about 10 rows back from stage, and crowd around me wasn't bad, but still fairly tame.  Looking around at the seated sections I noticed too most were sitting the whole time.  However, one of the best moments of the night for me was catching Axl's whistle!  Me and this other dude both caught the rope and had an equal hold of it, but he ulimately let up and I went home with a nice little souveneir. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
JillJaime
Opening Act

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2011, 03:46:54 AM »

Another awesome show.  First row against barricade between Fortus and Axl's "spot."  Axl's vocals were crisp and clear from my spot.  Band were tight and having fun.  Crowd was odd, and there were fights on the floor, and a couple stage divers, and a couple of people passed out, but security were great and cleared those things up quick.  Ron calling Axl a motherfucker when he couldn't get to the floor pedal was pretty funny and DJ "sparking" up was nuts.  Fantasic, and Axl's new cowboy boots were way cool, and he looked great!
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2011, 07:56:58 AM »

Another awesome show.  First row against barricade between Fortus and Axl's "spot."  Axl's vocals were crisp and clear from my spot.  Band were tight and having fun.  Crowd was odd, and there were fights on the floor, and a couple stage divers, and a couple of people passed out, but security were great and cleared those things up quick.  Ron calling Axl a motherfucker when he couldn't get to the floor pedal was pretty funny and DJ "sparking" up was nuts.  Fantasic, and Axl's new cowboy boots were way cool, and he looked great!

yeah i saw a bunch of fights on the floor. security even came to my section 107 not sure why. u cant fight while sitting down i dont think.lol. this was my 15th gnr show since the 80's and really close to the best ive seen. they sounded so good i was blown away. cant wait to sundays show in pa.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2011, 09:34:22 AM »

Great show....Perhaps the BEST EVER!!!! Loved the setlist..CD goth the place jumpin' N WTTJ blew the place up..TIL N' SOD sounded amazing...Crowd was sitting but still were into the show...I got home after 4AM but it was well worth it...If it weren't 4 respopnsibilities on the homefront I would attend H-Ford N'/or the other NJ show...Asking Alexandria went on late, GN'R followed an hour after they were finished, N' this seemed to keep the crowd in a positive mood..Axl hit some incredible notes during Estranged...He was doing some o' the hand movements during his vocal "registry" as he went up in notes...Whatever vocal excerises he is doing are definately paying off..From what I've seen/heard on Youtube N' last night he's never sang as good or for as long during a tour..
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2011, 09:57:37 AM »

what's about attendance.on some pics we can see people in upper seats
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2011, 10:12:03 AM »

The show's poster looks like there was someone called Asking Alexandria to be seen and some GNR stuff before that  Angry

What's with DJ, more details please.
JillJaime
Opening Act

« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2011, 10:37:45 AM »

When the "rain" (sparks waterfall) was coming out during November Rain, DJ was sitting by one of the pyro pots playing his guitar into it when the white sparks turned green and started flashing wildly with smoke.  DJ was like whoa and got up and started joking with....I can't remember who!  But it was all cool.  I tell you, those flash pots are hot, I swear I could feel my own hair burn!
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2011, 10:57:33 AM »

what's about attendance.on some pics we can see people in upper seats
side N' rear stage seats were not 4 sale..The floor was packed, N' assigned seating was approximately 70%-80% full..Not the biggest GN'R crowd I've been to, but may have been the best GN'R performance (I've been to)..Lots o' AFD..6 yes SIX!! UYI Songs!! YCBM,Estranged,LALD,KOHD,NR N' a cool rendition o' DC!! And a good representaion o' CD material...TIL went over really well..Axl sounded better on it (TIL) than what I've veiwed on YOUTUBE..
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2011, 11:07:49 AM »

Amazing GUNS N' ROSES, OnlY fans In Shows... NO POSERS !@@

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
diego
VIP

« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2011, 12:12:19 PM »

Welcome to the jungle http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=b6AKiP3GJrk
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 12:14:17 PM by diego » Logged

I?m sorry for you, not sorry for me...
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2011, 12:14:31 PM »

Great show last night, 3 hours of joy.  I don't know what the highlights were, it felt like it was turned up to 11 from start to finish.    The band's performance was incredible, Axl was beyond amazing, but no surprise there.  Crowd may have been a bit sedate, but let's face it, a lot of GNR fans are not that young anymore.  That was the first time I'd been up that late since the last GNR concert I went to in 2006.  Right now, my head hurts, my voice is shot, my ears are ringing and I need another alka-seltzer.  Good times!

Also, I had forgotten how beautiful the women at GNR concerts are.  Wow.  
diego
VIP

« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2011, 12:41:31 PM »

I?m sorry for you, not sorry for me...
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2011, 01:22:28 PM »

This show was amazing and from where I was sitting in 125 the sound was great.  Axl rocked it better than any show I have seen since the 90's.  The crowd was totally lame.
circusboy666
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2011, 02:36:02 PM »

crowd was soooooo fucking lame. if you want to go to a show and just get up front to tape vids dont fn go to a gnr show. people looked at me like i was a lunatic for moving and rocking hard and i was looking at these fucks like they were lunatics for not being able to enjoy a show the way it should be. NO ONE MOVING AROUND ME BUT ME! i was right up front and the crowd was WEAK...very envious of south american fans as they know what the fn deal is. When axl yells "DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE?" they should all have responded no because it was like they were at a fucking kenny g concert. GNR sounded fucking amazing though and tommy stinson is a fucking rock star.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: