Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 11:54:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Miami, FL - October 29, 2011? According to Big 105.9FM in Miami
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Miami, FL - October 29, 2011? According to Big 105.9FM in Miami  (Read 43672 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #140 on: August 30, 2011, 08:54:15 PM »

New DVD's Fans... Oh HELL YEAH !!!

beer

I have no idea what you are talking about or how it relates to the possibility of a show in Miami, FL.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #141 on: August 30, 2011, 08:55:37 PM »

beer

I have no idea what you are talking about or how it relates to the possibility of a show in Miami, FL.

/jarmo

no one ever knows what HBK is talking about.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #142 on: August 30, 2011, 09:22:38 PM »

beer

/jarmo

Was just gonna say the same thing.

Only thing I can think is he means, new DVD bootlegs?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #143 on: August 30, 2011, 09:30:45 PM »

beer

/jarmo

Yeah - DVD's fans = fan (shot) DVDs. Makes sense when you look at it that way.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #144 on: August 30, 2011, 11:50:01 PM »

Concert Preview
Guns N' Roses Announces South Florida Concert! Yeow-za!

Guns N Roses are reportedly coming to South Florida at the end of October. They were the biggest, baddest band of the late '80s, and despite Axl Rose's biker shorts and baseball catcher fetish, the GNR of that era is one of the best live acts of all time. From Slash's cigarette dangling solos to Duff's mad sprints across the stage to the dozens of auxiliary musicians playing flutes, keyboards and tambourines, their live sets were totally worth all the BS Axl put the fans and the rest of the band through.

If we know anything about Axl we know that he is a stickler for perfection. He took 14 years to make Chinese Democracy. That seems a little crazy, but we're talking about a guy who swims with dolphins after diving into the ocean from an aircraft carrier. Axl does whatever the hell he wants, and he cannot be rushed.

Despite the mass exodus of all the original members, we still want to Axl and the new Guns play their classics live. If you saw them on the 2002 VMA's you may have noticed that music sounded perfect, and even though Axl didn't. He's definitely in better shape now, just check this video of him and the boys live at Reading last summer. His just-got-off-a-cruise braids are gone, and he's lost a little weight, and he's bringing back some of the signature Axl dance moves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3PwmPd95mw

Actually, just getting to see Axl dance "The Serpentine," "The Kickstarter" or "The Winding Man" will probably be worth the cost of admission. Of course, GNR purists are bummed and upset that Izzy, Slash and Duff are not part of the team anymore. We have to admit, we wish they were there, too; but, that doesn't take away from the compulsion we have to see what Axl is like live.

The current version of GNR is an all star team of rockers. Dizzy's been tickling the ivories for Rose & Co. since '93, making him the veteran of the squad. Dude, they have Tommy Stinson from the Replacements on bass, we gotta see that -- damn, we are gonna blast "Kids Don't Follow" until we watch another Axl clip. Midi-control/computer wiz kid, Chris Pitman is on top of all the special effects, and this guy has worked Dr. Dre and Tool; too legit.

Slash's replacement Buckethead's replacement is Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal. We'll just call him Bumblefoot or B-Face, he's a virtuouso from the Joe Satriani school of over the top shredding. He's even finger tapped all over a jam by Jessica Simpson. Drummer, Frank Ferrer has rocked with Love Spit Love and Psychedelic Furs, giving the beats and the band a little more street cred. Check all these dudes playing "Mr. Browstone" at the Rose Bar last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1056mFgABkI

Another reason we want to go: we still do not know what to make of Axl Rose. He is intriguing, confusing and reclusive. We don't know what he's into, or if he even listens to any music that's being made today. We don't know if he's seen a movie since Terminator 2, or if someone brings movies to him, so he can privately screen them in the Axl compound. We do know, he dances like a sexy snake, has a voice like a warrior and will never stop being Guns N Roses.

Guns 'N Roses. Saturday, October 29 at American Airlines Arena, 601 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Tickets go on sale September 9.

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/countygrind/2011/08/guns_n_roses_miami.php

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #145 on: August 31, 2011, 01:08:10 AM »

Concert Preview
Guns N' Roses Announces South Florida Concert! Yeow-za!

Guns N Roses are reportedly coming to South Florida at the end of October. They were the biggest, baddest band of the late '80s, and despite Axl Rose's biker shorts and baseball catcher fetish, the GNR of that era is one of the best live acts of all time. From Slash's cigarette dangling solos to Duff's mad sprints across the stage to the dozens of auxiliary musicians playing flutes, keyboards and tambourines, their live sets were totally worth all the BS Axl put the fans and the rest of the band through.

If we know anything about Axl we know that he is a stickler for perfection. He took 14 years to make Chinese Democracy. That seems a little crazy, but we're talking about a guy who swims with dolphins after diving into the ocean from an aircraft carrier. Axl does whatever the hell he wants, and he cannot be rushed.

Despite the mass exodus of all the original members, we still want to Axl and the new Guns play their classics live. If you saw them on the 2002 VMA's you may have noticed that music sounded perfect, and even though Axl didn't. He's definitely in better shape now, just check this video of him and the boys live at Reading last summer. His just-got-off-a-cruise braids are gone, and he's lost a little weight, and he's bringing back some of the signature Axl dance moves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3PwmPd95mw

Actually, just getting to see Axl dance "The Serpentine," "The Kickstarter" or "The Winding Man" will probably be worth the cost of admission. Of course, GNR purists are bummed and upset that Izzy, Slash and Duff are not part of the team anymore. We have to admit, we wish they were there, too; but, that doesn't take away from the compulsion we have to see what Axl is like live.

The current version of GNR is an all star team of rockers. Dizzy's been tickling the ivories for Rose & Co. since '93, making him the veteran of the squad. Dude, they have Tommy Stinson from the Replacements on bass, we gotta see that -- damn, we are gonna blast "Kids Don't Follow" until we watch another Axl clip. Midi-control/computer wiz kid, Chris Pitman is on top of all the special effects, and this guy has worked Dr. Dre and Tool; too legit.

Slash's replacement Buckethead's replacement is Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal. We'll just call him Bumblefoot or B-Face, he's a virtuouso from the Joe Satriani school of over the top shredding. He's even finger tapped all over a jam by Jessica Simpson. Drummer, Frank Ferrer has rocked with Love Spit Love and Psychedelic Furs, giving the beats and the band a little more street cred. Check all these dudes playing "Mr. Browstone" at the Rose Bar last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1056mFgABkI

Another reason we want to go: we still do not know what to make of Axl Rose. He is intriguing, confusing and reclusive. We don't know what he's into, or if he even listens to any music that's being made today. We don't know if he's seen a movie since Terminator 2, or if someone brings movies to him, so he can privately screen them in the Axl compound. We do know, he dances like a sexy snake, has a voice like a warrior and will never stop being Guns N Roses.

Guns 'N Roses. Saturday, October 29 at American Airlines Arena, 601 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Tickets go on sale September 9.

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/countygrind/2011/08/guns_n_roses_miami.php

Positive Article, Thanks Spirit

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #146 on: August 31, 2011, 07:17:54 AM »

We don't know what he's into, or if he even listens to any music that's being made today. We don't know if he's seen a movie since Terminator 2, or if someone brings movies to him, so he can privately screen them in the Axl compound. We do know, he dances like a sexy snake, has a voice like a warrior and will never stop being Guns N Roses.

Amazing.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #147 on: August 31, 2011, 09:38:10 AM »

Great article, but they could have done a little more research to know he's at least seen South Park, and The Hangover in theaters... Or maybe that's just the die hard in me  hihi
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #148 on: August 31, 2011, 11:55:26 AM »

beer

/jarmo

Yeah - DVD's fans = fan (shot) DVDs. Makes sense when you look at it that way.

Ooooh, of course. More bootlegs. The first thing that comes to mind when a new show is rumored to take place.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #149 on: August 31, 2011, 11:59:07 AM »

Shitty quality bootlegs!!!!! YAY!!!!! The ultimate highlight of a GNR tour  Cheesy

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #150 on: August 31, 2011, 12:22:47 PM »

Ok, well tomorrow is September 1st.  If things go down similarly to how it did for the 2002 & 2006 North American tours, we should see multiple dates pop up over the next couple of weeks and get an official tour announcement from Guns near the end of the month...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #151 on: August 31, 2011, 03:34:51 PM »

Guns N? Roses have been touring the world for the past year and a half, travelling to almost every corner of the earth ? except their native North America. But, the band have now announced a single date in Miami, which is incidentally scheduled for the end of the iconic band?s South American tour ? could GnR be on the verge of a massive US tour?

Following 2008?s multimillion dollar album Chinese Democracy, the new-look rock outfit have been on and off touring with clustered trips across the world, rarely stopping in their own country. In the past eighteen months, the band have played just once in the US ? but things look set to change, after they announced on a Miami radio station that they would be performing in America once more.

Guns N? Roses are headlining Rock In Rio on October 2nd, before embarking on a nine-date tour across the South American and Mexico, which will take them to Chile, Argentina and Paraguay before their final date in Monterrey on October 23rd. Then, just six dates later, the band will rock out the American Airlines Arena in Florida on the 29th ? leaving a clean slate ahead for a possible US excursion.

This comes just a few months after DJ Ashba, the current lead guitarist of Guns N Roses, admitted the band were in talks to get the band back to their home country.

Currently scheduled GnR dates can be seen below ? if you want more news on the possible Guns N? Roses US tour, stay with Stereoboard.

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/167467/9

Tickets Comming Soon:

http://www.stereoboard.com/guns-n-roses-tickets

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #152 on: August 31, 2011, 03:50:58 PM »

Guns N? Roses have been touring the world for the past year and a half, travelling to almost every corner of the earth ? except their native North America.

Sorry Canada. You're obviously part of SOUTH America.

Except Quebec, which is part of Europe.  hihi

Wink

/jarmo

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #153 on: August 31, 2011, 04:00:10 PM »

Any ideas when/if we'll get a full slate of US tour dates?  I'm getting anxious enough to buy a ticket to Miami!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #154 on: August 31, 2011, 04:35:27 PM »

Any ideas when/if we'll get a full slate of US tour dates?  I'm getting anxious enough to buy a ticket to Miami!

If the usual rules apply, (some) dates will be announced within the next week, tickets will go on sale second week Nov for early shows. (Please note that this is based on experience rather than any knowledge.)

A little tom-foolery with early tour dates is commonplace with alot of bands (hence the ticketmaster on and off). It alerts the fans that something is about to happen.

Fan presales for forum/internet users would be a good thing, my opinion.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #155 on: August 31, 2011, 05:00:41 PM »

Considering Ticketmaster listed an on sale date late next week for this show, I would assume the show, and possible some other shows, would be announced before then?

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #156 on: August 31, 2011, 05:01:56 PM »

Yeah, usually multiple dates go onsale at the same time, so I expect that we should get more dates sooner than later.
Axlism
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #157 on: August 31, 2011, 05:20:45 PM »

I'd love to see it happen! History tells us sometimes promoters, though venue still has nothing, can be overzealous in stating things based on a 'discussion'. This would be a great gig, may even have to fly down for this one!

If anyone here goes a word of sound advice, take heed. The arena is nice, and the immediate area around is the financial district, nice. (I lived there, used to work on Brickell) Stay in that area before show. Eat, drink, be merry. When the show is over get the hell on 95 North and don't exit until you get to Hollywood, seriously.

If you live or are staying in the "Scarface" mansions of Coral Gables, or just heading south, you're ok as well. 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 05:23:43 PM by Axlism » Logged
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #158 on: August 31, 2011, 05:46:01 PM »

Guns N? Roses have been touring the world for the past year and a half, travelling to almost every corner of the earth ? except their native North America.

Sorry Canada. You're obviously part of SOUTH America.

Except Quebec, which is part of Europe.  hihi

Wink

/jarmo

Are you teasing a Canadian tour dates, jarmo?   Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Manets
Rocker

« Reply #159 on: August 31, 2011, 05:55:59 PM »

What? That doesn't sound like he is, not at all...

Anyway, great article!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: