Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 08:31:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses Is Planning To Play U.S. Dates This Year, Says Dj Ashba
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses Is Planning To Play U.S. Dates This Year, Says Dj Ashba  (Read 6517 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: April 27, 2011, 03:42:40 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES Is Planning To Play U.S. Dates This Year, Says Guitarist DJ ASHBA - Apr. 27, 2011

Metal Injection conducted an interview with GUNS N' ROSES/SIXX: A.M. guitarist DJ Ashba on the "black carpet" of the third annual Revolver Golden Gods Awards, which was held on April 20 at Club Nokia in Los Angeles, California. You can now watch the chat below.

When asked if fans can ever expect any touring from GUNS N' ROSES, Ashba said, "We just booked Rock In Rio [in Brazil] for October 2, but there's talk.... We're gonna be going out way sooner. And hopefully we're gonna be [doing some dates] here in the States this year. I'm hoping. That's the plan."

Video: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=157358

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 03:47:00 PM »

Sounds good, Sir.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 03:50:18 PM »

fingers crossed, here`s hoping for a road trip ok
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 05:38:25 PM »

DJ is the newest member and his info will reflect the current plans for GN'R.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 05:57:43 PM »

He might also still be on those good pharmaceuticals from the knee surgery too.  Grin 

This is great, I hope it all pans out.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 08:15:59 PM »

That's good to know. Smiley

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 08:25:04 PM »

This is great news, I feel very happy for the US fans.  Smiley

I think it would be really cool if they managed to get in some shows in the US, or anywhere before Rio. The Rock In Rio festival is massive, and it's going to be on TV, and I'm sure GN'R fans will be watching this footage for the next 10 years, just as we watch Rio 2001 religously. So I want the band to play a few shows, to get tight and stuff before the main event in Brazil.  ok

I'm sorry Mysteron, but I don't get that comment. You make it sound like DJ will get different info from the GN'R camp, because he is new. I honestly don't think DJ knows anything more or less than the rest of the band, like Ron, Chris or Tommy.  Roll Eyes
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 08:28:49 PM »

WTF is that supposed to mean??  confused

What does being the newest member have to do with anything??  Huh

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 10:54:09 PM »

i'll believe it when i see it.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 11:02:15 PM »

he just seems closer to axl than anyone else in the band..

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 11:30:00 PM »

I think the key word in that statement from DJ is "hoping".  I've been "hoping" for some US shows for the last 2 years plus.  I think the band and its US fans have all been "hoping" for some time now.  And it would only make sense that playing shows in the US would be part of some plan, seeing as they've toured pretty much everywhere else since the album was released.  So far all these hopes and plans haven't resulted in too much as far as US shows go.  "Hopefully" they get things worked out soon enough.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
eragon
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 04:17:21 AM »

The only thing they have to do now is work out those plans. Well, let's be patient and see what the future brings to us.
Lourenco
Rocker

lourencovc.com

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 07:16:36 AM »

Im very curious to see how a US Tour pans out since it's the only place in the world where Axl (not blaming Axl) has problems with touring...

They've done plenty European tours and if memory serves they all went without a glitch. The only show I remember being canceled and maybe I'm wrong, was Rock In Rio Lisboa in 2004.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 07:24:24 AM »

Im very curious to see how a US Tour pans out since it's the only place in the world where Axl (not blaming Axl) has problems with touring...

They've done plenty European tours and if memory serves they all went without a glitch. The only show I remember being canceled and maybe I'm wrong, was Rock In Rio Lisboa in 2004.

They've cancelled some dates in the US in 2002 when the tour ended prematurely and some in 2006 or 2007 so they could finish the final touches on Chinese Democracy, but those were obviously for other reasons

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Lourenco
Rocker

lourencovc.com

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2011, 07:27:41 AM »

They've cancelled some dates in the US in 2002 when the tour ended prematurely and some in 2006 or 2007 so they could finish the final touches on Chinese Democracy, but those were obviously for other reasons

There was the cancelled first 2002 show in Vancouver, and then the riot in Philly a few weeks after that... Yes the last US tour went fairly well but for some reason I feel the audience in the US is probably their most difficult one compared to the rest of the world
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 08:45:01 AM »

There was the cancelled first 2002 show in Vancouver, and then the riot in Philly a few weeks after that... Yes the last US tour went fairly well but for some reason I feel the audience in the US is probably their most difficult one compared to the rest of the world

I think GN'R would do much better in the US touring wise, if they started to play smaller intimate venues. I'd rather that, than to see them play arenas where 3/4 of the audience are stuck in the past. And then to start whining about the start time, only to leave half way through.  confused

I think in Europe, South America, Asia and Austrailia. The crowd appreciate GN'R more, and see them as legends and Gods, where as the US just see them as another Crue, or Poison. I think that's the difference...

I saw GN'R in Las Vegas 2 times in 2006 at the Hard Rock Hotel, and because it was a much smaller venue, the crowd were amazing. Because at these type of shows, it's common sense that all of the hardcore fans are going to get the tickets, before the more casual type fans who we can do without moaning about the show.

So I'd say stick to playing festivals and arenas in Europe, Asia, South America and Austrailia. But in the US, try to play more intimate venues like the Hammerstein Ballroom, The Warfield, The Joint and Ampitheatres, because I feel the shows would sell out instantly and the crowd will be much "Better".  Cheesy
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 08:53:02 AM »

i think the band is in a good roll now and the u.s. tour could comfirmed in weeks or in ten years who knows but i think it would be natural to play some shows before rio
and remember how fast they came up with the first european leg last year rumours... four days later tickets on sale next monday

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 08:54:02 AM »

i could easily imagine more south american shows

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 10:03:46 AM »

he just seems closer to axl than anyone else in the band..

true. Daren Jay's position in the band seems a mix between Slash (guitar hero, attitude
at some point) and Izzy (born in Indiana, friendly, abilities to compose)...

cool to see there are plans and the band working on songs  ok

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 11:07:52 AM »

Crap I hate being laid off. I need a couple of roadtrips to see my fav. band!!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: