Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 19, 2024, 03:40:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228088 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Confirms Corey Taylor VR Singer Rumor...No Decision
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Confirms Corey Taylor VR Singer Rumor...No Decision  (Read 24057 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2011, 11:48:14 PM »

"Corey Taylor recently sporting a "I am not the new singer in VELVET REVOLVER" T-shirt"

I watched the interview but I missed that part.

And yeah, that says something. hihi

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2011, 10:57:38 AM »

Yet another reason to love Duff.  yes

that is until Axl has a problem with him, in which this 99% of this board will go back to hating him... hihi
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2011, 11:00:07 AM »

"Corey Taylor recently sporting a "I am not the new singer in VELVET REVOLVER" T-shirt"

yeah well thats all she wrote then for Velvet Revolver.  Good while it lasted, well "Contraband" was good while it lasted anyway,
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2011, 02:46:33 PM »

Yet another reason to love Duff.  yes

that is until Axl has a problem with him, in which this 99% of this board will go back to hating him... hihi

I've always loved Duff, Mister.  yes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2011, 05:06:46 PM »

anybody see how heavy Scott is looking lately?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2011, 05:14:06 PM »

That picture of CT with the "I am not the new singer in VELVET REVOLVER" T-shirt is a terrible FAKE

Here's the original pic
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2011, 05:21:00 PM »

That picture of CT with the "I am not the new singer in VELVET REVOLVER" T-shirt is a terrible FAKE

Here's the original pic

I didn't see the picture with the I am not the new VR singer on it, the fake you say, do you have that picture?

Interesting.

alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2011, 06:32:12 PM »

hihi
overmatik
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2011, 12:24:57 PM »

I don't like the guy's singing, but at least he has a great taste!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2011, 12:47:41 PM »

From an interview with Duff in Rolling Stone today:

What is the status of Velvet Revolver, and the singer search?

There is no status. I was just in the U.K., so I'm painfully aware of Corey Taylor - I was asked about one thousand times about it [Slipknot's singer was recently rumored to have tried out]. There is no status - Slash has been on tour, I'm starting a tour. We played with some really good guys, and I do think Corey Taylor is probably the brightest dude that has been in front of a mic for a long time. But saying all that, no, there is no Velvet Revolver singer.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-duff-mckagan-on-his-new-album-and-why-guns-n-roses-wont-reunite-20110310

Doofey
Headliner

« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2011, 02:27:44 PM »

I'm not sure if Duff is getting mad at people asking or if he just knows this isn't working out. But that is the most negative I have seen him speak on this VR singer stuff.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2011, 02:47:09 PM »

I'm not sure if Duff is getting mad at people asking or if he just knows this isn't working out. But that is the most negative I have seen him speak on this VR singer stuff.

No, it's done. Thanks for the memories VR.  peace

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2011, 03:25:02 PM »

well its their fault for doing their version of "SOON" is not the word

Just say we don't have one yet but we will find one eventually.

sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2011, 05:13:17 PM »

I think he is already tired of being asked the VR and GNR questions. He has been very negative about VR before. At one point when he joined JA he said VR did not exisit. The thing is he was right then and now. VR does not exisit. And if the band members will just say we are done and want to work on solo projects no one will bother them anymore about VR.
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2011, 07:10:37 PM »

I said it a long time ago, as soon as Scott left it was finished with unless Weiland comes back.
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2011, 10:34:08 PM »

i'm going to get ripped for this but...... VR should get the metal/rock singer from american idol.  James Durban.  He is prob the best new rock voice i've heard in the past 10 years.  i don't know how he would fit in with the band but he has a sick voice and a great front man for hire.  it be the perfect for a band like this.  Slash and duff could still call all the shots and he would just be happy to be there.  it will never happen but his cover of Maybe i'm amazed and got another thing coming were pretty sick.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2011, 01:16:04 AM »

i'm going to get ripped for this but...... VR should get the metal/rock singer from american idol.  James Durban.  He is prob the best new rock voice i've heard in the past 10 years.  i don't know how he would fit in with the band but he has a sick voice and a great front man for hire.  it be the perfect for a band like this.  Slash and duff could still call all the shots and he would just be happy to be there.  it will never happen but his cover of Maybe i'm amazed and got another thing coming were pretty sick.

Durbin is the real deal!

i kinda think they should get Baz

Look, Music business is fucked. Whoever they get , it isn't gonna blow up and sell millions. Whats wrong with Skid Roses? Fuck for me, That would be amazing.  Just have fun with it. Make a rocking kick ass album, tour some theater/clubs/do festivals......

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2011, 10:05:14 AM »

Look, Music business is fucked. Whoever they get , it isn't gonna blow up and sell millions. Whats wrong with Skid Roses? Fuck for me, That would be amazing.  Just have fun with it. Make a rocking kick ass album, tour some theater/clubs/do festivals......

I think in their minds this started out as a GNR minus Axl thing. So just having fun and not worrying about it being successful was out of the question. I agree, they should just get someone and go with it. Hell, don't even call it VR.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Axlfanatic
Rocker

« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2011, 01:16:02 PM »

lol- actually i was thinking same thing but was afraid to post! peace
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2011, 03:56:54 PM »

Let's be real. Baz' Angel Down CD is better than Libertad and not far off Contraband.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: