Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 19, 2024, 03:41:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228088 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Confirms Corey Taylor VR Singer Rumor...No Decision
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Confirms Corey Taylor VR Singer Rumor...No Decision  (Read 24058 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2011, 04:23:49 PM »

Please stop it Duff

jesus

Of course best singer of this generation of rock isn't saying a whole hell of a lot.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2011, 07:03:34 PM »

^^Here's what he says in the interview:

DUFF MCKAGAN: COREY TAYLOR Is 'The Brightest And Best Singer Of A Generation' - Mar. 6, 2011

Total Rock last month conducted an interview with an interview with Duff McKagan (DUFF MCKAGAN'S LOADED, VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES) shortly after his appearance at the Birmingham Guitar Show, which took place February 26-27 at the New Bingley Hall in Birmingham, England. You can now watch the chat below.

When asked if he is "sick" of the persistent rumors that SLIPKNOT/STONE SOUR's Corey Taylor will be the new singer of VELVET REVOLVER, Duff said, "I don't ever hear unless I am going out and doing press. Because I don't go on Blabbermouth or [do] any of the other things [that would expose me to such rumors]."

Duff added, "[Corey's] the brightest and best singer of a generation and I think he's killer. But I don't think VELVET REVOLVER is? There's not much urgency there to do much of anything right now, so? one day, hopefully. And I think [VELVET REVOLVER guitarist] Slash is probably gonna go make another [solo] record [next], so that's cool. That's what it is."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=154948

Duff Mispelled "Brent Smith from Shinedown".
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2011, 07:16:49 PM »

I am getting to the point where I wish they'd call it a day.

Without Scott it isn't VR

Slash's heart obviously isn't into it.

so just let it be.

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2011, 09:42:08 PM »

Agree!

They should just let it be... Come back to VR if Scott leaves STP and everyone feels like they can get along for an album/tour.  Otherwise, just drop the whole thing!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2011, 09:59:15 PM »

I actually quite like Velvet Revolver alot, and they have a few hidden gems like Messages which should have made it onto albums.

But in saying that, a big part of me liking VR is in fact Scott. I liked his presence, attitude and his voice, and that's more than I can say for Corey Taylor. Scott's vision is behind everything to do with VR, and without that it's just like another random Slash collaboration.  Roll Eyes

(btw, how Mary Mary and Messages, never made it onto any album is beyond me.)
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2011, 04:37:11 AM »

^Mary Mary is on Libertad is it not?  Huh

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2011, 06:10:36 AM »

I think he meant how Mary Mary is on the album and Messages isn't...
I doubt the band had much input on that decision, probably made by some fat music exec somewhere.

Fuck 'Em All.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2011, 09:08:09 AM »

I think he is referring to Mother Mary or whatever that song Slash did with Beth hart for his solo record.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2011, 11:50:13 AM »

yeah I dont know what Slash is thinking, a solo album with Myles Kennedy?  I'm falling asleep just thinking about that.  Id much rather him do some guest spots again with some artists he didn't work with last time.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2011, 01:20:55 PM »

Messages is probably my favourite VR song, and it's criminal how it wasn't a numbered track on any album. (I think it was on some versions as a bonus track)

Scott was the closest they was going to get to creating a legitimate band, post Axl. Anyone else now would just be something normal and will remind everyone of the last year of Slash collaborating with anyone and everyone.

Scott had a good ear for melody and vocal overdubs, kind of similar to Axl in the aspect of making it work more than other people. If anyone like Corey or Myles is the next VR singer, I fear it being all rock, rock and rock, without an understanding for melody and softer songs.

Just my opinion.  Wink
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2011, 01:30:14 PM »

yeah I dont know what Slash is thinking, a solo album with Myles Kennedy?  I'm falling asleep just thinking about that.  Id much rather him do some guest spots again with some artists he didn't work with last time.

I think it will be a cool rock album.  I didn't like the different singers on each song...it ruined the flow of the album...also thought it was kind of gimmicky.   This will probably be a straight ahead rock album....sounds good.  I prefer hearing Myles with Slash over Alter Bridge. 

Messages is probably my favourite VR song, and it's criminal how it wasn't a numbered track on any album. (I think it was on some versions as a bonus track)
"Gas And A Dollar Laugh" was great too.  That could have been a great single.  I think it was only on the Australian version.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2011, 01:45:25 PM »

Scott had a good ear for melody and vocal overdubs, kind of similar to Axl in the aspect of making it work more than other people. If anyone like Corey or Myles is the next VR singer, I fear it being all rock, rock and rock, without an understanding for melody and softer songs.

Just my opinion.  Wink

I thought Stone Sour's "softer" songs were better than any STP or VR ballad.  "Through Glass" and "Bother" blow their stuff out of the water imo

I thought Scott really limited them vocally...he had one range no matter what type of song it was.  I dont really buy into it not being a legitimate band anymore without Scott.  A lot has happened since 1994, there are a lot of great bands out there who are much better than STP. 

At this point I wouldnt mind just seeing Duff and Matt do something with Corey, if Slash is really content going out there playing Guns N Roses songs every night so be it.  There are other guitar players.  It would be cool to move past that.  They were doing that with VR, but now it seems Slash is more interested in rehashing the past.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 01:55:01 PM by Bodhi » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2011, 02:27:17 PM »

WOW Stone Sour over STP u must really hate Scott Weiland or know as much about STP as i do stone sour which is very little.

Atlanta blows any Stone Sour song I've heard out of the water as well as Lady Picture Show, Kitchen Ware and Candy bars, Sour Girl, Fall to pieces, You Got no right, Messages, Fuck I'll even take Gravedancer over any of those Stone Sour songs I've heard. Creep are u kidding me? bother over Creep?

Stone Sour sound like a poor man's Staind or just as bad as Seether.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2011, 03:35:19 PM »

WOW Stone Sour over STP u must really hate Scott Weiland or know as much about STP as i do stone sour which is very little.

Atlanta blows any Stone Sour song I've heard out of the water as well as Lady Picture Show, Kitchen Ware and Candy bars, Sour Girl, Fall to pieces, You Got no right, Messages, Fuck I'll even take Gravedancer over any of those Stone Sour songs I've heard. Creep are u kidding me? bother over Creep?

Stone Sour sound like a poor man's Staind or just as bad as Seether.

never really liked the STP ballad's, "Sour Girl" makes me want to kill myself.  "Through Glass" and "Bother" are right up there with them I think.  Also don't get me started on VR's ballads, the one truly great one they had they didn't even put on the record!!!(messages)

All honesty though, might be time to find another guitar player and start a new band.  I don't know what Slash is doin these days...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 03:37:13 PM by Bodhi » Logged
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2011, 06:10:34 PM »

You have to feel sorry for Dave Kushner don't ya people, I mean he's like waiting by the phone for the damn call from the VR guys.  hihi

rofl

I agree, that Slash seems to be selling himself short these days. Don't get me wrong, it's cool seeing Slash rock the SCOM solo alot recently, but it's all starting to feel a bit gimicky seeing as it's not a band and just Slash.

Slash needs to be in a band, to let himself bounce off the frontman and have his moments of gold. And I can't believe he is doing a solo record with Myles, he should be saving all of his song ideas for future VR songs.

At this rate, he's going to be using his best ideas for himself and not Velvet Revolver, who people tend to pay more attention to, rather than just a Slash show.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 06:13:41 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2011, 07:40:35 PM »

I'm personally looking forward to another solo album. I think VR ran it's course, think they squeezed out the little creativity Scott had left in him. I actually thought he dropped the ball on "messages", good music, horrible lyrics. I enjoyed their music together, but really not sure Slash and Weiland were a great match to begin with. You can listen to both of their solo albums and see what direction they are interested in going when they don't have to compromise. Slash's solo record is his best work since Guns in my opinion, and I thought the touring band and Slash played with much more energy than VR, last time I saw them. Not sure that translates to the studio, but they were clearly over VR, and it's kind of cheesy carrying on a band with a new lead singer. As for Slash playing Guns songs? He has a whole solo record of new material, so it's not like it's a cash grab. He's simply giving the crowd what they want to hear. It was a good mix of his solo album, VR, Snakepit and Guns when I saw him, and it was a hell of a show. To me it's really not much different from what Axl is doing. Nothing wrong with giving people what they paid for.

Can't say I'm impressed with Slipknot or Stone Sour, but would give Corey a chance if they decided to go on with him. I'd prefer to hear what Slash has up his sleeves with a fresh start, and a less established frontman in Myles. He's not the showman Scott is, but both his songs on the new record are solid. Maybe being able to kind of fly under the radar instead of having to live up to the pressure of a supergroup will keep it fun.
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2011, 08:13:47 PM »

Maybe being able to kind of fly under the radar instead of having to live up to the pressure of a supergroup will keep it fun.

I am a VR fan and very disappointed in the latest news but this sentence I think sums it up for Slash. He is a point where enjoying what he is doing means more than the attention. Besides he gets plenty of attention in his solos work also.

As far as Duff and Matt moving forward without him I cannot see that happening. Duff is just as busy as Slash. Duff has his own solo work with Loaded, 2 or 3  weekly publications and a book coming out in the fall. Slash was asked in an interview if Duff would have stayed with JA would he have continued to move forward with VR he said no. It is my guess that Duff would feel the same way if things were reversed.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2011, 04:19:20 PM »

Here Duff seems to say no to Corey Taylor, from this interview with Kerrang from Feb. 27th:

@10:10

Video: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=155031

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2011, 06:10:27 PM »

Here Duff seems to say no to Corey Taylor, from this interview with Kerrang from Feb. 27th:

@10:10

Video: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=155031

Yet another reason to love Duff.  yes
Doofey
Headliner

« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2011, 07:12:45 PM »

"Corey Taylor recently sporting a "I am not the new singer in VELVET REVOLVER" T-shirt"

When did this happen? I guess that ends it then.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 07:28:56 PM by Doofey » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: