Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 19, 2024, 03:41:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228088 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Confirms Corey Taylor VR Singer Rumor...No Decision
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Confirms Corey Taylor VR Singer Rumor...No Decision  (Read 24061 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: February 16, 2011, 08:26:58 PM »

Q&A with rock guitar legend Slash

Feb. 16, 2011

Q. Where does Velvet Revolver stand on finding a new singer?

There was truth to the rumor that we were looking at Corey Taylor (Slipknot/Stone Sour), but then I left for tour. So there's nothing being done at the moment. No decision.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/02/16/2067870/qa-with-rock-guitar-legend-slash.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 10:56:17 PM »

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 11:42:37 PM »

Matt seems to have found his guy, which we now know is Corey Taylor the "known mystery singer" they've been working with.  Duff pretty much said the same thing -- he called Corey "one of the best frontmen ever...the voice of a whole new generation."

So it looks like it's up to Slash now.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 11:48:25 PM »

Matt seems to have found his guy, which we now know is Corey Taylor the "known mystery singer" they've been working with.  Duff pretty much said the same thing -- he called Corey "one of the best frontmen ever...the voice of a whole new generation."

Slash will say yes, but to keep attention on HIS tour, no need to bring up some bring VR news at the moment.  He is pushing him and Myles now..  VR's time will come.
BumbleBuzz
Rocker

Guns N' Roses Strong Since 1999!

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 06:48:24 AM »

I would like Corey to be the new singer for Velvet Revolver, it would certainly make me want to go and see them

2006.06.09 - Dublin, Ireland
2006.07.29 - London, England
2010.09.01 - Dublin, Ireland
2012.05.17 - Dublin, Ireland
2012.05.23 - Newcastle, England
2017.07.17 - London, England
Doofey
Headliner

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 03:21:26 PM »

Slash will say yes, but to keep attention on HIS tour, no need to bring up some bring VR news at the moment.  He is pushing him and Myles now..  VR's time will come.

If thats the problem, then why did Slash say they would decide one way or another in January? Surely he knew in December that making such an announcement would take away from the tour? I just don't understannd the point of saying you were going to decide and then not doing it? Unless he still hasn't decided.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 07:09:39 PM »

i wish slash would be done with that solo crap and get VR back up n running.

I really dont care for a set of mish mash songs

html sucks
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 07:34:53 PM »

I like that Slash is playing a set of Snakepit, VR, solo and GN'R songs, it's a great mix

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 08:08:28 PM »

I agree to a certain extent, but as I have stated recently. It seems like Slash can't wait to get as far away from VR as he can, and this kind of approach is brushing off on everyone, especially Matt. I think Matt secretly knows that Slash is content and happy touring as a solo artist, and Matts reaction is like "WTF about me", which is justified. They are all in this band together, and it's not fair for people like Matt, to be second guessing Slash's decisions and to be wondering whats going on.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 05:24:07 AM »

I agree to a certain extent, but as I have stated recently. It seems like Slash can't wait to get as far away from VR as he can, and this kind of approach is brushing off on everyone, especially Matt. I think Matt secretly knows that Slash is content and happy touring as a solo artist, and Matts reaction is like "WTF about me", which is justified. They are all in this band together, and it's not fair for people like Matt, to be second guessing Slash's decisions and to be wondering whats going on.

Well, Slash is out there touring under his terms and having great success with it, without having to deal with the bullshit of other egos or frontman bullshit.
So I don't really blame him for not wanting to rush back to VR.

And truth is, Slash's touring band is pretty awesome. Myles can sing anything, and the rest of the band are all great too.
Even the backing harmony vocals that Todd does with Myles sound great.

I wanna see Slash get back with Duff and Matt again, because the chemistry those 3 have is undeniable, but only when he's 100% behind it.
And right now it doesn't seem that way at all.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 07:18:23 AM »

Slash is doing VERY fine being solo, he surely did realize that more and more. and if there really is a 2nd solo album coming this year.....i cant see him doing the much more time consuming VR schedule right after the 2nd solo release? depending on Myles schedule with Alter Bridge we most likely wont see/hear anything "new" or "live" about VR until autumn/winter 2011.

Re-Union time, baby!!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 01:41:52 PM »

Velvet Revolver in the dock

Corey Taylor is the latest in a long, long, line of suspects but should the charges levelled be for fraud?

February 18, 2011

The never ending saga of the search for a vocalist rumbles on ? but do we really care?

So Corey Taylor is the latest of a long line of singers to be thrust into the frame for the fabled role of Velvet Revolver front-man? Who cares? With the list of suspects now reaching Cluedo proportions, if they remanded them in custody, they?d have to refurbish Alcatraz and if they ordered a police identification line-up they would need to hold it in an aircraft hanger. But the gripping question shouldn?t be about who the next man might be, but why?

Let?s examine the evidence.

Out of the ashes of the disintegration of Guns ?n? Roses and a number of false starts by Slash and Duff in the guise of Snakepit and Loaded, in a tale which would make the most dysfunctional family look like The Waltons, Velvet Revolver eventually emerged in 2004 (or 2003 depending on which account of events are offered as evidence)
Recruiting the equally wayward ex- Stone Temple Pilot, Scott Weiland, former G?NR band mate Matt Sorum and mutual chum Dave Kushner to complete the line up, the band decided on a name, played a number of low profile show, recorded a couple of songs which were placed on movie soundtracks and carried out the usual assortment of petty crimes, and rehab sessions before eventually settling down and delivering the much acclaimed debut album Contraband.

Don?t get me wrong ? I love it, it?s a great album with a couple of real stand out songs ? the riff in Slither is monster and Fall to Pieces is a killer ballad ? but let?s face it, due to the band?s ?previous? particularly with the iconic Slash at the helm, success was pretty inevitable.

Awards poured in to accompany the plaudits and the band rolled along, as you might expect, with a few minor disturbances and a couple of misdemeanours during the nineteen month tour in support of the record during which various band members fell off their particular wagons and the beginnings of cracks began to appear between Weiland et al.

Nevertheless, the miscreants received only probation and in 2007 the band produced their second album Libertad. It received mixed reviews and, to these ears anyway, wasn?t a patch on the debut. Further bouts of breach of the peace had Weiland back in the dock with the other band members and tours were cancelled due to a variety of spurious excuses. Then Weiland was back in the REAL dock after crashing his car while under the influence of drugs, and the writing was on the wall.
During a UK tour in 2008 everything came to a head in Glasgow when Weiland announced the end.

We really shouldn?t have been surprised.

The various band members went their separate ways and developed, in varying degrees of success, their own projects.
Slash in particular scored big time with his solo album and subsequent touring with Myles Kennedy.

Really, the story should end there.

But in a world where musicians have multiple side projects and career opportunities, the VR story will not go away. Over the intervening period there has been a steady flow of rumour and counter rumour regarding who will become the next frontman with all parties throwing comments around like confetti.
The identity parade of suspects includes: Lenny Kravitz, Chester Bennington, Steve Isaacs, Royston Langdon, Donovan Leitch, Franky Perez, Sebastian Bach, Myles Kennedy, Shooter Jennings and most recently Corey Taylor.

Now call me a cynic but it?s getting to the point where you could offer up any old name on a blog and somebody would snap it up and run with it.

So the jury is out, for me. Corey Taylor must have his plate pretty full with Slipknot and Stone Sour, Slash has plans to tour once more with Myles Kennedy, Sorum has played with Motorhead, Camp Freddy and former Runaway Cherie Curry and formed his own outfit, Carnival of Dogs while Duff has reformed Loaded and had a brief stint in Jane?s Addiction. Kushner, has begun to establish himself as a talented soundtrack writer.

So WHY? Why bother to re-offend? Do we need another version of VR? Even if it did come about, how long would it last? With the perennial hoo-ha surrounding the mythical reformation of G?NR surely the VR story is simply an unwanted sideshow?

Or is it just that VR is a surrogate G?NR for Slash until Axl get?s desperate enough to give him a call?

I rest my case, m?lud. Please ask the jury to retire and consider their verdict??

http://www.rockaaa.com/featured/velvet-revolver-in-the-dock-2771

russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 12:29:42 AM »

Thanks for the post.
What is the source?
As to the writer, I would say: "well, get a life and say something useful or shut the fuck up."

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 09:18:49 AM »

The writer has the list wrong anyway-Lenny Kravitz was a rumor and even said he had not seen Slash in years, Sebastian Bach tried out before they got Scott.

libertad
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2011, 06:36:26 PM »

DUFF McKAGAN TALKS COREY TAYLOR IN VELVET REVOLVER

Ex-Guns N' Roses and current Velvet Revolver bassist Duff McKagan, who is releasing a new album by his band Loaded, is asked if Slipknot and Stone Sour vocalist Corey Taylor is in Velvet Revolver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lblJOw4UbBE

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 01:50:57 AM »

From Corey Taylor. hihi

I swear if some of you would read back to yourselves what you write on some of these message boards, you would have to be tested for idiocy.

about 4 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry?

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 06:02:37 AM »

lol
siraddam
Headliner

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2011, 07:46:44 AM »

it looks like slash may record a second solo album first!

http://www.koreaherald.com/entertainment/Detail.jsp?newsMLId=20110220000105
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 08:59:55 AM »

Duff talks Corey Taylor in VR http://fb.me/Ahtk3a15

I hope I put this in the right place?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2011, 11:22:20 AM »

Some of what Duff says in the video interview about Corey Taylor joining Velvet Revolver "There's no big rush with the VR thing":

VELVET REVOLVER's MCKAGAN Talks About COREY TAYLOR Rumors In New Video Interview

In a new interview (see video below) with the Artisan News Service, Duff McKagan (DUFF MCKAGAN'S LOADED, VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES) was asked about the rumors that STONE SOUR and SLIPKNOT frontman Corey Taylor could be adding VELVET REVOLVER to the list of bands he sings for. "We'll see," Duff replied. "There's no big rush with the VR thing, because [VELVET REVOLVER guitarist] Slash is on tour [with his solo band].

"Here's the deal: Because of Twitter and other web sites over the last, whatever, eight years, especially in the last [couple of years], you can't say anything; it's instant. And somebody will tweet something and then people will read it and then all of a sudden we're talking about this. So I understand it, I've been part of it.

"I'll go with Corey Taylor's line that was genius, like, a week ago or whatever. I can neither confirm nor deny that Corey Taylor is in VELVET REVOLVER.

"That guy is the real deal, in my view. It's just my view. No, I think millions of other people think the same thing ? that he's the real deal."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=154217

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: