Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:43:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Can KISS/GNR Tour?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can KISS/GNR Tour?  (Read 7686 times)
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« on: October 08, 2010, 06:02:28 PM »

Both R' shareing Doc Mcgee as a Manager.. Can these 2 bands tour together? KISS have gone on 1st in co-headliners recently (w/Aerosmith) perhaps they can tour together..If you haven't seen KISS you should. Always a top notch show..To paraphrase Paul Stanley KISS show the Big Boys how it's done..
ChiDem2010
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 06:08:30 PM »

I have seen  Kiss live and yeah they put on a pretty good show. But about a joint tour, I dont know how long Gene Simmons and his over inflated ego could compete with the demanding tour logistics with Axl/GnR. Kiss would HAVE to go on first every show. I'd rather see a joint Aerosmith/Gnr tour.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 06:31:39 PM »

I can't see GnFR sharing top billing with anybody, they've earned the right to headline any show they do  Smiley

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 06:58:33 PM »

I have seen  Kiss live and yeah they put on a pretty good show. But about a joint tour, I dont know how long Gene Simmons and his over inflated ego could compete with the demanding tour logistics with Axl/GnR. Kiss would HAVE to go on first every show. I'd rather see a joint Aerosmith/Gnr tour.

Now that would be awesome! Guns and Aerosmith! ok

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 07:33:19 PM »

Maybe Axl could call Steven after he's done filming... nervous...American Idol.  (insert vomit emoticon here)

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 08:36:27 PM »

I have no desire to see KISS. Even less than the Van Halen tour that was supposed to happen. I know I might be in the minority, but bands I'd like to see GN'R play with in the near future:

Alice in Chains
Korn
Deftones
Megadeth
Weezer
Soundgarden

They've already played with AiC on the odd date, are playing with Korn in Australia, and Weezer opened in the past. All of these bands are capable of drawing at least a few thousand of their own fans. Given them an extended opening set - 80 minutes lets say - and then GN'R.

I'd shell out a few extra bucks...

I'm just not interested in KISS, at all.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 08:44:20 PM »

The ticket price of this would be absurd.

I have no desire to ever see KISS.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 09:32:20 PM »

I have no desire to ever see KISS.

Or aerosmith for that matter
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 02:52:56 AM »

I don't see reason for that....gnr have had very successfull world tour (soldout arenas and stadiums across the globe)...
Ace_954
Opening Act

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 04:53:06 AM »

They will sooner or later. Doc Mcghee now manages both. Axl went to afew KISS shows chaperoned by Doc and Gene's wife, Shannon. Axl even left the show in Doc's convoy that the KISS members left in. There's widely circulated footage of this on youtube.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 05:55:04 AM »

I don't see reason for that....gnr have had very successfull world tour (soldout arenas and stadiums across the globe)...

yeah but if they play all arenas here in the US they won't sell out. I would rather see Metallica and GNR.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2010, 03:22:00 PM »

I dont know how long Gene Simmons and his over inflated ego could compete with the demanding tour logistics with Axl/GnR. Kiss would HAVE to go on first every show. I'd rather see a joint Aerosmith/Gnr tour.
KISS seemed alright w/ going on 1st for the Aerosmith shows..I think Steven Tyler being would be uptight about going on first. I just thought this would draw a more diverse crowd to a strugglin US tour economy. This past summer many bands opted not to tour, sold remaining tickets last minute for $10.00, cancelled shows etc..
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 05:32:00 AM »

Cool enough to see Kiss, but I think Gn'R should be the main attraction. I believe the show would be ruined by Kiss Armies, who would dominate the crowd. The genius of the music of GnR is on a higher level than the simple Kiss-riffs, althoug they are swinging too Smiley

I loved it when Danko Jones warmed up. They are good, and he knew what his job were at that gig, to warm the crowd up for Gn'R.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 05:45:57 AM »

No...What GN'R fan would want a tour with rock's biggest sellouts and posers?  Undecided
Apart from a couple of decent songs,KISS are a disgrace.(This is simply a personal opinion,apologies to KISS fans)
 beer

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 06:54:08 AM »

I have no desire to see KISS. Even less than the Van Halen tour that was supposed to happen. I know I might be in the minority, but bands I'd like to see GN'R play with in the near future:

Alice in Chains
Korn
Deftones
Megadeth
Weezer
Soundgarden

They've already played with AiC on the odd date, are playing with Korn in Australia, and Weezer opened in the past. All of these bands are capable of drawing at least a few thousand of their own fans. Given them an extended opening set - 80 minutes lets say - and then GN'R.

I'd shell out a few extra bucks...

I'm just not interested in KISS, at all.

weezer would be HORRIBLE! rant rant no crying crying
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 08:52:57 AM »

I think it would be possible - Axl seemed to agree with the whole concept of a GNR/VH tour.

I don't like Kiss, but if you think about how that could allow a bigger tour in US, you might consider it a good idea. Of course Kiss isn't the only band, but like LIGuns said, Doc McGee works for both bands.

axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2010, 11:55:15 PM »

maybe not kiss i wanna see buckcherry play some shows with GN'R

11/17/2011 East Rutherford, NJ- IZOD Center
11/19/2011 Hartford, CT- Comcast Theatre
2/12/2012 New York, NY- Terminal 5
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2010, 02:25:50 AM »

Hell fucking no. KISS almost ruined my marriage. Not joking. The worst ABSOLUTELY WORST fight my wife and I ever got into was the night we went to see Kiss. Holy shit I hate them. I loathe Kiss, I look forward to pissing on their grave in the future. One of the most horrible nights of my life. Fuck Kiss. F them and fuck them. Having said that, Smashing Pumpkins who opened for them were fantastic (and were actually the main reason we went to this particular show). Kiss and their fans can go fuck themselves. I would take on the entire Kiss army... me and my one man wolf pack... army of one... would mosh all over them home fucks. "Stand up motherfucker its FIREHOUSE!" errrrr Fuck Y-O-U!

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2010, 12:06:22 PM »

nopety nope ok an ex guitar player could though(joking)
Axlfanatic
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2010, 01:09:52 PM »

nopety nope ok an ex guitar player could though(joking)

Ur right probably right on that!

But Terrible combination- Whether you like 1's music better than the other-1 band is all about marketing, sales of merch w their logo on anything from condoms, toilet paper & a casket, a founding member having a reality show & charging as much $$$ as possible for every seat & VIP seat imaginable alowing only the rich to get great seats.

While The other is a fucking kick- ass rock band that does nearly 0 promo & charges a mere, very fair $80 ticket with an opportunity for any fan to get front row. so fuck no- awful idea! no

« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 01:11:42 PM by Axlfanatic » Logged
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: