Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:52:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Bret Michaels In Bad Shape
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bret Michaels In Bad Shape  (Read 18161 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 09:43:43 AM »

Report: BRET MICHAELS Felt Like He'd Been 'Hit with a Baseball Bat' - Apr. 26, 2010

As POISON singer Bret Michaels continues to be watched closely by his doctors, a source revealed to People.com the rocker's excruciating moments before he was taken to the emergency room.

According to the source, Michaels, 47, said the headache that prompted him to call for an ambulance felt "like [getting] hit in the head with a baseball bat over and over again."

Often referred to by doctors as a "thunderclap headache" because of the intensity and suddenness of the pain, such headaches are a tell-tale symptom of the kind of brain hemorrhage that Michaels suffered.

The Michaels's source adds, "Bret is still in ICU. He still has the headache and is heavily sedated."

Read more from People.com.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=139137

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 11:41:21 AM »

Bret -- Posted by Janna on Monday, April 26 2010

Once again we can't thank everyone enough for all the well wishes and prayers being sent Bret's way!

As of now Bret remains in ICU under 24 hour surveillance. Further testing this week will help locate the source of the bleeding.

Look for an official medical report from doctors this week here at BretMichaels.com.
Please remember Bret is, and always has been, a fighter and survivor and is under the best medical care possible.

Thanks for your support!

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 12:25:53 PM »

Trump: Bret Michaels in 'Big, Big Trouble'

Originally posted 16 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Donald Trump tells TMZ Bret Michaels is in "big, big trouble and the prognosis is not great."

Michaels is a contestant on this season's "Celebrity Apprentice" and, ironically, Trump says Michaels' scrappiness is the best thing he has going for him.

As Trump put it, "He turns out to be an amazing competitor and ultimately that is the thing that could save his life."

Trump, who is in touch with people in the hospital where Michaels remains in critical condition, thinks Michaels' fall on stage back in 2009 -- where he hit his head -- may have something to do with the recent turn of events, though we can't confirm this from Michaels' people.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/26/donald-trump-bret-michaels-brain-big-trouble-celebrity-apprentice-hospital-outlook/

Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2010, 02:08:14 PM »

Sucks to be Bret Michaels maybe he will find love in a comma/hospital.  hihi
No joke though I wish he gets better.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2010, 03:08:44 PM »

Damn I hope he gets better. Those bleeds are very hard to get under control.  I have a brother who works in the medical field.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
sixgnr
Rocker

I know it's only Rock N' Roll but I like it!

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2010, 06:44:18 PM »

I'm very sad!

I'm Fuckin' Innocent!
Turin '92 + Milan & Zurich 2006 + Helsinki-Aalborg-Roma-Milano-Zurich 2010
Annie
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2010, 08:40:20 PM »

If they can locate the bleed, he has a good chance of recovery. Neurosurgeons and  interventional radiologists can do amazing things.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2010, 08:51:48 PM »

VIDEO: Sharon Osbourne "Completely Devastated" Over Bret Michaels' Illness

Apr 26, 2010

Speaking Saturday in Calabasas, California, Osbourne said she and hubby Ozzy were praying for him.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/04/video-sharon-osbourne-completely-devastated-over-bret-michaels-illness

Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2010, 02:15:22 PM »

Apr 26, 2010

Speaking Saturday in Calabasas, California, Osbourne said she and hubby Ozzy were praying for him.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/04/video-sharon-osbourne-completely-devastated-over-bret-michaels-illness

Why the fuck does Sharon want to get involved with this exactly???
Besides being a kind person.

Joe

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2010, 03:11:17 PM »

Apr 26, 2010

She was on that reality show with him recently, same reason Donald Trump is commenting.

Annie
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2010, 03:12:25 PM »

Apr 26, 2010

Joe
They were on celebrity apprentice together. And Ozzy spent some time in an ICU a few years back, and she is probably feeling great empathy for him and his family.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2010, 03:12:54 PM »

Here is a video interview with Bret's father.

Bret Michaels' Dad Says Rocker Is 'Good But a Little Slow'

April 27, 2010

"Extra" spoke with Bret Michaels' father, Wally Sychak, at his home in Pennsylvania, who told us the ailing rock star is improving.

"Well, the fact that he was talking to me, and giving me information, I thought that was great. I understood that this was a terrible ordeal that he was going through. We're not getting information right now. I guess no news is good news," said Sychak.

When asked how Bret sounded when talking to him on the phone, he said, "He sounded a little slow, but fine. He was talking, not as cheerful as he usually is. But I guess he is under sedation. But he understood what he was saying and knew me. Everything seemed good that way."

Michaels is being treated for a brain hemorrhage at an Arizona hospital, where he is starting to move his limbs again. "They say he's moving his arms and hands. The best as they could expect at this time," his father told "Extra."

Check out the raw video interview.

Here: http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2010/04/bret_michaels_dad_says_rocker.php?mediaKey=72fea24a-926a-46cf-868a-e2e434621d8c&isShareURL=true

Annie
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2010, 03:24:32 PM »

That is excellent news. He is not on a respirator and he is responsive! Keep fighting Bret! We all wish you well.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2010, 06:24:43 PM »

From Bret's website:

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bret Michaels Medical update

Test results indicate a setback in Bret Michaels condition a side effect from the brain hemorrhage called hyponatremia a lack of sodium in the body which leads to seizures.

Michaels medical workup demonstrated findings of a subarachnoid hemorrhage, a type of stroke that causes bleeding in the fluid-filled spaces around the base of the brain. It presents itself suddenly as the sound of a loud gunshot or thunderclap at the back of the head causing severe cranial pain and muscle spasms. Many people are speculating Michaels head injury suffered from a prop striking the singer at the Tony awards last June is the cause. Additional studies are planned throughout the week to hopefully detect the exact cause of the rupture. Coupled with the fact that Michaels is a lifelong Type 1 diabetic and has recently undergone emergency appendectomy surgery while on tour in San Antonio, he will remain monitored closely by his medical team to make sure no complications occur from the diabetes.

The most common cause of this condition is a spontaneous rupture of a cerebral aneurysm, however 15 to 20 percent of spontaneous episodes of this hemorrhage are found to have no cause. Michaels has undergone a continuous series of tests while in the ICU including angiograms, CT scans, MRI?s and transcranial dopplers (TCD?s). Doctors state Michaels is very lucky as his condition could have been fatal. With further testing and rehabilitation, they are hopeful that Bret will gradually improve as the blood surrounding the brain dissolves and is reabsorbed into his system, which can be a very painful recovery and take several weeks to months. Michaels remains under 24-hour observation in the ICU and is in positive spirits. He is responding well to tests and treatments. Even though today was a minor setback Doctors remain hopeful for a full recovery and plan to release more specific information next Monday.

Thanks for your thoughts, prayers and support!

And from ET:

A source close to the family of the 47-year-old Poison frontman and "Celebrity Apprentice" contestant tells ET that Michaels will soon be undergoing surgery to relieve swelling around his brain. His condition is said to be deteriorating following a massive hemorrhage he suffered last Thursday.

Annie
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2010, 07:55:38 PM »

Hyponatremia is very treatable with proper IV fluids and close monitoring of his sodium levels. The surgery is not without risk. My thoughts and prayers remain with him and his family. If he has seizures, they can be treated with medication. The poor guy is probably having neuro checks and blood draws every hour.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 08:01:49 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2010, 04:51:52 AM »

This is not the news I wanted to read about regarding Bret Michaels' health.

I hope he fights this off.
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2010, 01:59:40 PM »

Fuck that blows just feed him some sality ass stuff.
Romen noodles are packed with the stuff from the broth.

Joe

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2010, 10:24:53 PM »

Doctor: Bret Michaels' will to live 'undeniable'
April 30, 2010, 7:38 PM EST
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Bret Michaels' is expected to make a full recovery, according to his doctor.

The 47-year-old former Poison frontman's will to live is "undeniable," said Dr. Joseph Zabramski, chief of cerebrovascular surgery at the Barrow Neurological Institute at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix, who has been leading the team treating "The Celebrity Apprentice" contestant since he suffered a brain hemorrhage last week.

"Mr. Michaels will continue to undergo testing considering we have hit a few roadblocks, including hyponatremia, severe cranial and back pain suffered from blood drainage, an emergency appendectomy performed a week earlier and a lifelong history of Type 1 diabetes," Zabramski said in a statement released Friday by Michaels' publicist, Joann Mignano.

Michaels, who was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at age 6 and underwent an emergency appendectomy April 12, was rushed to St. Joseph's Hospital last week with a severe headache. He was later diagnosed with a subarachnoid hemorrhage, which causes bleeding in the fluid-filled spaces around the base of the brain. The cause of the hemorrhage is still unknown.

"There is no doubt that Mr. Michaels' condition is serious," Zabramski added.

He said Michaels, who has two daughters, 9-year-old Raine Elizabeth and 4-year-old Jorja Bleu, "did not want his family to wake up and see him lying unconscious in the middle of the floor." He also said immediate medical attention and Michaels' "fight to stay conscious during the hemorrhage" enabled doctors to stabilize his condition.

Other doctors said it is possible that Michaels could be healthy enough to appear on "The Celebrity Apprentice" live finale May 23. He is currently one of seven contestants remaining on Donald Trump's competitive reality series, including pop singer Cyndi Lauper, reality TV diva Sharon Osbourne, celebrity chef Curtis Stone and actress Holly Robinson Peete.

"If all the studies he had done show no evidence of an aneurysm being found, it would really just depend on his energy level," said Dr. Ronald Benitez, director of cerebrovascular surgery at Overlook Hospital in Summit, N.J. "If all the tests were negative, and I was watching the show at the end of May, I personally wouldn't be surprised if he was on it."

Michaels already filmed most of "The Celebrity Apprentice" last fall. However, the finale requires the last two contestants to debate against each other live in front of Trump. If Michaels ascends to the final showdown, it would be unprecedented in "The Apprentice" franchise history if he is not present to defend himself in the boardroom.

"We've never been confronted with anything like this," Trump told Matt Lauer on NBC's "Today" show Tuesday. "He is still in the show. He's doing really, really well, and all of sudden ... I can't imagine. It's going to be live for two hours, and it's going to be in four weeks. I can't imagine he's going to be on the finale, but he very well might be."

Whether he's fired or hired by Trump during the May 23 finale or in an earlier installment, Michaels' representatives are still giving his music fans something to believe in. While his appearances scheduled through May 21 have already been postponed, Michaels' other concert dates, including his summer tour with Lynyrd Skynyrd, are going ahead as scheduled.

"At this time, we are planning to resume the tour May 26 in Ft. Smith, Ark., provided there are no further complications or setbacks," said a statement posted Thursday on Michaels' website by his tour manager, Janna Elias. "We will then continue with all scheduled dates throughout the summer and fall, including the June and July tour with Lynyrd Skynyrd."

It certainly wouldn't be Michaels' first comeback tour. After glam-rock was edged out in the 1990s, the "Unskinny Bop" singer found renewed fame on reality TV. He starred as a judge on the third season of USA's singing contest "Nashville Star" in 2005, then as the bad-boy bachelor looking for lust on VH1's tawdry dating show "Rock of Love" from 2007 to 2009.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Annie
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2010, 11:28:15 PM »

I am glad that he is doing better.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2010, 10:46:07 AM »

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=10850

Bret Michaels Location Revealed, Media Conference To Be Held

by Paul Cashmere - May 1 2010

Bret Michaels` is receiving treatment in an Arizona hospital and doctors will hold a media conference next Tuesday to update fans of his condition.

An announcement at Bret's website reveals, "Bret Michaels, who appears in People Magazine's World Most Beautiful People of 2010 Issue this week and ironically in the Scoop section because of his Brain Hemorrhage, is being treated at Barrow Neurological Institute at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix, AZ. Barrow is among the world's leading neurological centers and is the home of the Muhammed Ali Parkinson Center".

"In the days following Mr. Michaels' hospitalization, due to a subarachnoid hemorrhage, there was a lot of speculation as to where Mr. Michaels was being treated. Due to the severity of his life threatening condition, the instantaneous way in which the hemorrhage presented itself and respect for his family his location was not confirmed to the media. There is a seven to ten day period that is extremely critical in which multiple tests are conducted to detect the source of the bleeding".

"There is no doubt that Mr. Michaels' condition is serious. We are treating the subarachnoid hemorrhage, which caused his severe cranial pain." states Dr. Zabramski who has been a top neurosurgeon at Barrow Neurological Institute since 1986 and serves as the Chief of Cerebrovascular Surgery and Director of Clinical Neurosurgical Research at the center and is leading Michaels' team. Zabramski continues "Mr. Michaels will continue to undergo testing considering we have hit a few roadblocks including hyponatremia, severe cranial and back pain suffered from blood drainage, an emergency appendectomy performed a week earlier and a lifelong history of Type 1 Diabetes. However, Bret's sheer will to live and fully recover is undeniable. He has an unbelievable fight in him and told me what kept him alive at the moment of the hemorrhage was that he did not want his family to wake up and see him lying unconscious in the middle of the floor. It was a combination of Bret's fight to stay conscious during the hemorrhage and get to the emergency room, and the immediate medical attention provided by our staff at Barrow that enabled us to stabilize his condition."

"At this time Barrow neurologists and neurosurgeons will be having a press conference at 12pm Tuesday to discuss and update his condition, treatment and prognosis in full detail".

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: