Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:44:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  back in AA for me
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: back in AA for me  (Read 19835 times)
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2010, 05:52:49 PM »

ggeegg i hate when alcohol mixx's with pills lol.

yeah it seems as though in rehab i learned a bit.
that the physical part is the hard part,it's the mental part that's easy.
if you don't crave something it seems easier to deal with.
so i did learn that i can get past the craveings now somemore.
it will be a bit better in time an realize that it takes less now to catch a buzz so not as quick to drink now.
i feel like a lightwieght lol.

the one an only horsey !
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2010, 07:11:47 PM »

I am so drunk right now! wine ain't so bad after all
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2010, 07:59:03 PM »

a friend told me that strawberries are good in wine.

the one an only horsey !
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2010, 08:06:50 PM »

you know what goes great together, cheap wine, and cheap women, add a little cheap jon and it's the best night you've ever had
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2010, 09:42:08 PM »

a friend told me that strawberries are good in wine.
Makes me think of the movie "Pretty Women".  Richard Gere had stawberries and wine sent to his room the night he propositioned her to stay with him for a week.  Remember that anyone?

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2010, 09:48:51 PM »

you know what goes great together, cheap wine, and cheap women, add a little cheap jon and it's the best night you've ever had
Maybe you had to much Night Train, topped with a little sprinkle of Rocket Queen tonight, and  the best is yet to come, tomorrow mornings big fat hangover topped with a headache and a why did I drink that shitty wine lol... 

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2010, 11:33:20 AM »

Maybe you had to much Night Train, topped with a little sprinkle of Rocket Queen tonight, and  the best is yet to come, tomorrow mornings big fat hangover topped with a headache and a why did I drink that shitty wine lol... 
not even close, not even the slightest headache Grin can't wait to go to germany next week and buy a summer supply of that cheap wine!
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2010, 12:03:36 PM »

Well I must say you are lucky, one drink of wine for me spells instant headache Tongue

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2010, 12:08:57 PM »

I hate it when every addiction is about fighting demons and how everyone is the victim of his own luggage.

Here's a thought, maybe you're addicted to something just 'cause you like it. And shitty childhood is just scapegoat?

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Annie
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2010, 04:49:22 PM »

I hate it when every addiction is about fighting demons and how everyone is the victim of his own luggage.

Here's a thought, maybe you're addicted to something just 'cause you like it. And shitty childhood is just scapegoat?
I like shopping! hihi
Some people say alcoholism is related to a hidden hypoglycemia.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2010, 04:21:57 AM »

my saying is...
you are the landlord of your own dimise '

there 4 do as you please ,you are only hurting yourself.

the one an only horsey !
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2010, 09:20:23 AM »

So Horsey your philosophy states you are only a renter as long as the alcohol and it's demons controll you, clean and sober earns you the right to own, to be in controll of what is real, with no pain, your body is your temple, I myself do not appreciate pain in my life and or in my body, I don't really think anyone likes it.  Maybe if you were able to try to deal with the source of your pain, could it be possibe you would not use alcohol as an escape?

Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2010, 02:06:51 PM »

my saying is...
you are the landlord of your own dimise '

there 4 do as you please ,you are only hurting yourself.
Msaxl is right I know that shit is hard hell I am trying to do the same kind of thing. You have to find a outlet and before you know it you will lose the need to drink.

I hope you make the right choice!!!

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2010, 05:01:40 PM »

You are probably young and living some kind of mini rock dream, dress the dress, walk the walk, talk the talk etc..

However, there are people with serious health issues that need proper guidance, and comments like yours are not helpful.
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2010, 03:12:24 AM »

You are probably young and living some kind of mini rock dream, dress the dress, walk the walk, talk the talk etc..

However, there are people with serious health issues that need proper guidance, and comments like yours are not helpful.

Name an occasion when self-pity or victimising it helped?

For an example, some tragedy has happened to you which you use time after time as an excuse to give in for your addiction. This inner demon.
Way I see it, you need to stop with the excuses and realize that you got two separate problems and must deal with them as such.

Sure, it's harder to deal with these demons, when you've added bad habbits to cloud the problem but I've never heard that alcoholism is caused by traumatic events.

It's just ridiculous. Or how does it sound if I'd be defending my drug use with the "no love in childhood" and blaming all the foster homes and how I took anti-depressants and started smoking and drinking and finally started to take heroin to kick these habits. Yeah, the childhood is definetly to blame.  Roll Eyes

Seriously? Would victimising and self-pity help, or should I just get a grip and realize my addiction-problems as separate things and deal with them as such?
Is a drunk a victim when to him his wife leaving pushed him over the edge, even if the drinking was why she left the first place? He got inner demons now.

Who's to say that the inner demon isn't some made-up fantasy to justify the flaws and addictions?

People tend to have the need to blame someone or something else for their problems. There always a reason to be "found".
Do it long enough and what you've used as a reason turns to be truth for you.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 03:51:54 AM by Sin Cut » Logged

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2010, 10:39:23 AM »

There's no denying the harm of substance abuse, but there does seem to be a denial about how they help deal with psychological issues.

It's been shown that nicotine is effective as an anti-depressant and that alcohol can relieve stress and anxiety (imagine that), albeit only temporarily and with major long-term side effects.  How's that any different from prescription meds?  This is not to suggest that people don't address their issues in a healthy and productive way, but like Sin Cut said, these substance abuse addictions exist for a reason - because the relief they provide, however temporary, is very real. 
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2010, 07:29:27 PM »

see ive been sick with ear infection's.not maken excuses or anything,was doing well.
as soon as i began to feel better after sleeping for three days.
i mean really knocked out n' shit.my family though gee how quiet it was lol.
but this morning at 5 in the morning i get the erge for a few beers.
so i get a bath and get dressed for the day lol.and proceed to drink my 12 pack of budwiesers.
only to  sleep all over again ,now it's night time.
an i''ll be dammed im not going back ta sleep lol.
so in the long run really im not sure but pain sometimes is the reason but mostly i just like to drink.not because of problems.
just to drink is that really all that wrong ?

the one an only horsey !
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2010, 07:33:24 PM »

just to drink is that really all that wrong ?
Yes it really is all that wrong.

Here's why:  http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59629.msg1249405#msg1249405

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2010, 02:20:51 AM »

Someone defined addiction as to something you do even if it's hurting your life and the people close to you.

Atleast that's how I see it.

If you're drinking is giving you health issues, you drive drunk, fail to show to work, drink your rent money etc. I'd say you got a problem.

Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2010, 02:11:43 PM »

Its not wrong unless you do it TO MUCH if you can control yourself then there is no problem.
A glass of wine with your dinner can do wonders for your health but any more than that does not help.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: