Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 07:25:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses @ Reading/Leeds Festival! UPDATE: Setlists n' pics in 1st post
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 54 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses @ Reading/Leeds Festival! UPDATE: Setlists n' pics in 1st post  (Read 216157 times)
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2010, 10:06:38 AM »

They could always add more shows like they did docklands in 2002.  They could sell out o2 arena in a day.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2010, 10:26:25 AM »

They could always add more shows like they did docklands in 2002.  They could sell out o2 arena in a day.
probably not, i think it was spirit that posted about these were the only 2 gigs in the UK, which means it most likely in the contract for playing this show that they can't play anywhere else
Il?vatar
Headliner

« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2010, 10:40:04 AM »

Isnt it their only UK festival appearance?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2010, 10:45:29 AM »

Some news reports says "UK festival apperance" and some says "UK apperance".

By contract, I believe they're not able to be on any other UK festival bill, but I don't think anyone can prevent them from scheduling their own headlining concerts.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2010, 11:49:32 AM »

Actually it says 'Only Festival appearences in the uk' not general shows.  Nothing stopping them doing their own thing - just depends whether this is a few dates or part of a big Euro tour.  Time will tell.

"Although Guns N' Roses played a headline set at the Leeds leg of the festival in 2002, this year marks the first time that they will have played the festival's Reading site. The band is set to headline the Reading leg on Aug. 27 and Leeds on Aug. 29. According to organizers, Festival Republic, the two shows will be the band's only U.K. appearances in 2010."

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_display/industry/e3i44a6d765a3ffecb1e0c3810ad75c5b75

edit - did your confirmation come through ok?  peace

Seems different sources are saying different things. I guess we will soon know anyhow.

And yes, got my confirmation. Now I just need my kid to arrive on it's due date and not 6 weeks late!
im reading this as "only UK appearances"
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 12:44:56 PM by fieldsy » Logged

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2010, 11:51:46 AM »

By contract, I believe they're not able to be on any other UK festival bill, but I don't think anyone can prevent them from scheduling their own headlining concerts.
anything can be adressed in these kinds of contracts as far as i know
akers_gnr
Opening Act

« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2010, 11:54:01 AM »

lets all camp a the same site we can get a stong gnr influence on a site it would be immense lol

give it all, and ask for no return and very soon you'll see and you'll begin to learn thats its alright
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2010, 12:06:04 PM »

anything can be adressed in these kinds of contracts as far as i know

Yeah, I guess that's true. I think I read somewhere though, that the general rule for bands playing a festival in the UK, was that the festival would get exclusive rights in the UK to the bands playing on their bill. Meaning a band can only play one UK festival every year.

I don't think this general rule does apply to the bands playing their own concerts.

Sweetness is a virtue
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2010, 01:03:22 PM »

Got my Leeds ticket confirmation, I'm very excited. Every other band thats there that weekend, I'm not bothered about. But I have to see GN'R at Leeds, I'm sure GN'R will be amazing just like 02.

I'm just trying to work out how to get there now.  hihi

Lee
bangit
Rocker

Here Today..been on mygnr for past few years.

« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2010, 01:30:35 PM »

awesome, ill be at leeds with 5 mates! gnr rocking leeds once again!

Rock in Rio Lisbon 2006, Download Dublin 2006, Sheffield 2006, Helsinki Live festival 2010, Leeds Festival 2010, Manchester 2010! 6 fucking amazing experiences! Where in 2012?Huh?
Reckless Rose
Headliner

« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2010, 01:40:07 PM »

Anyone who has still not recieved their email comfirmation?

I got my confirmation for my tickets, which you should have by now as well (haven't read the whole topic, in case you already mentioned). It took more than four hours, but after you filled in your details etc they instantly notified you that it would take a while due to site traffic.

I ordered tickets for Leeds & Reading. Guns, finally  Grin
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2010, 01:56:54 PM »

Without knowing anything about the planned dates and/or contracts between the festivals and GN'R...

In 2006, Download was first announced and for a while it was the only UK date. Then they added the whole batch of dates...

And there was the Hammersmith show which was a warm-up for Download...

But we'll see....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2010, 02:21:28 PM »

Without knowing anything about the planned dates and/or contracts between the festivals and GN'R...

In 2006, Download was first announced and for a while it was the only UK date. Then they added the whole batch of dates...

But we'll see....

/jarmo

Yeah and in 2002 when they played Leeds, they still did their own headline show at London Docklands. So it's possible that it will be the same this year.
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2010, 02:42:09 PM »

And we got a HOT SUMMER in 2002 and 2006 you can see where i`m going with this ! we need G`N`R in the UK for our sun tans and happiness  Cheesy also maybe there looking  if there`s a positive vibe about them coming and will add accordingly 2010 could be sizzling
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2010, 02:42:40 PM »

hotel booked.
looking forward to the saturday just checking out leeds bars etc.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2010, 02:46:00 PM »

But we'll see....

/jarmo

Yeah, could be that the Reading/Leeds promoter just took a look at GN'R's current tour plan, and saw no other UK dates announced. And then, just assuming their tour plans for this year was complete, he thought the festival would be their only apperance in the UK.

Just guessing of course, but if GN'R were to do an extensive European tour this summer, it would be rather strange if the UK didn't have like 6-7 dates at least.

Sweetness is a virtue
wadey
Legend

« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2010, 03:12:45 PM »

And we got a HOT SUMMER in 2002 and 2006 you can see where i`m going with this ! we need G`N`R in the UK for our sun tans and happiness  Cheesy also maybe there looking  if there`s a positive vibe about them coming and will add accordingly 2010 could be sizzling

according to the weather office the summer is supposed to be around 100f+ by all accounts.............so it should be one very happy summer  beer

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2010, 03:28:21 PM »

Leeds 2002 was great, my first time seeing the band.

Now I will be at Reading 2010 !!  beer

See you all there folks.

GREG

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
wadey
Legend

« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2010, 03:43:24 PM »

There are still tickets available for anyone without one yet

http://www.seetickets.com/readingandleeds/

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2010, 04:01:38 PM »

hoping for some gigs of their own to be confirmed, i flat out refuse to go to those festivals anymore, full of complete and utter morons. i just hope the expanded weekend capacity means there will be enough room for actual guns fans otherwise it will be a long night.

Gotta agree with you there, especially the R/L festival.  You've only got to read the comments on festival forums for evidence of that.

Yeah, could be that the Reading/Leeds promoter just took a look at GN'R's current tour plan, and saw no other UK dates announced. And then, just assuming their tour plans for this year was complete, he thought the festival would be their only apperance in the UK.

It's more likely that the promoters want people to think that it'll be their only UK appearance, thus ensuring higher ticket sales.  As Jarmo pointed out, that's what has happened in the past.  I can't imagine that they'll come over here just for two shows and think you'll find their own dates will be announced later on when it's not going to affect ticket sales for the festival.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 54 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: