Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:34:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR sued for plagiarism
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR sued for plagiarism  (Read 56579 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #220 on: October 08, 2009, 09:34:08 PM »

what looks bad is didn't u guys say they left that out of the rockband version?

Almost could be seen as an admission of guilt........ so that could help the German dude in court.

While I personally think this is an obvious case, the only thing I would say against that particular argument is Madagascar. From everything I've heard GN'R went to great lengths to secure rights to the samples in that song and they're not in RB either.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #221 on: October 08, 2009, 09:44:08 PM »

That is a good point also.

I can't see them having to pay 1 million or anything

but I just don't like what it could do to their rep thanks to shady journalism.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #222 on: October 08, 2009, 09:58:01 PM »

Here's the thing; Is it shady journalism? Yeah. Is there something to it though? I think so. I'm not a lawyer, I don't know the in's and out's of all this shit. I don't know the first thing about electronic music, the machines that make those sounds or any of that. But I know this, those sounds are exactly the same.

If I were GNR, I'd make a case for that fact that this "case" makes up from less than a 10th of Riad N' The Bedouins. I'd release that fucking song to radio now as a single. Capitalize on it. Turn the negative into a positive. Have rock DJ's be like "Did you hear that? Those first 10 seconds are what GNR is being sued for.. now check it the REST of the tune... it's "Riad N' The Bedouins" from Chinese Democracy..."

beer

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #223 on: October 08, 2009, 10:02:39 PM »

this is absolutely retarded... i can't believe how ridiculous this plagiarism crap has gotten. yeah... one of the biggest bands in history need to steal from a nobody.

that makes perfect sense...  confused

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #224 on: October 08, 2009, 10:04:59 PM »

this is absolutely retarded... i can't believe how ridiculous this plagiarism crap has gotten. yeah... one of the biggest bands in history need to steal from a nobody.

It is very sad and unbelievable, yes. But the part that gets me is that it has to be true! The samples sound so similar it is crazy.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #225 on: October 08, 2009, 10:31:44 PM »

Russ, I think that might be a good idea. It would definitely regain momentum for the album and help Axl defend against this case.  Definitely turn things into a positive.

Here's the thing; Is it shady journalism? Yeah. Is there something to it though? I think so. I'm not a lawyer, I don't know the in's and out's of all this shit. I don't know the first thing about electronic music, the machines that make those sounds or any of that. But I know this, those sounds are exactly the same.

If I were GNR, I'd make a case for that fact that this "case" makes up from less than a 10th of Riad N' The Bedouins. I'd release that fucking song to radio now as a single. Capitalize on it. Turn the negative into a positive. Have rock DJ's be like "Did you hear that? Those first 10 seconds are what GNR is being sued for.. now check it the REST of the tune... it's "Riad N' The Bedouins" from Chinese Democracy..."

beer
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #226 on: October 08, 2009, 10:45:08 PM »

It is very sad and unbelievable, yes. But the part that gets me is that it has to be true! The samples sound so similar it is crazy.

Sad and unbelievable, yes.  What's most unbelievable is that the part that was sampled is completely insignificant to the actual song.  The song itself is a pounding, beat-driven rocker with some killer, Led Zepp-esque vocals by Axl.

Ali
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #227 on: October 09, 2009, 02:08:49 AM »

I love the phrase 'illegally borrowed' in the RS article. As in, 'I illegally borrowed your car'.

I doubt this will harm the band much, once people get past the headlines of 'GNR sued for plagiarism' and see that its actually about a few seconds of noise rather than lifting a melody.

And there goes the challenger...
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #228 on: October 09, 2009, 04:11:19 AM »

what media is doing is really sick. i got like 100 google alerts from this subject. They only change the titles (they are becoming more aggresive and false with pass of the time), but the content is always the same. Assholes.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #229 on: October 09, 2009, 10:24:04 AM »

Dude HBK Please take note:

Ok, we appreciate all the news articles, but unless there's something new in them, please don't post more...

They're all the same, except some are in non-English.

Thanks.

/jarmo
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #230 on: October 09, 2009, 10:41:51 AM »

Dude HBK Please take note:

Ok, we appreciate all the news articles, but unless there's something new in them, please don't post more...

They're all the same, except some are in non-English.

Thanks.

/jarmo

Now what is the fun in that?!? I want all 100 articles from Google Alerts! It's great to see so many different news articles.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #231 on: October 09, 2009, 10:55:58 AM »

Now what is the fun in that?!? I want all 100 articles from Google Alerts! It's great to see so many different news articles.

With all of the different news in them?
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #232 on: October 09, 2009, 11:02:40 AM »

If GNR could just be like every other band out there and rock the world with music, tours, interviews, etc for a cycle of time they can just thwart a lot of that bs.

I don't agree with that at all.  People will continue to demonize Axl for all the things that have happened in the past, especially for the demise of the old band, no matter what.  I recently read an interview with Vernon Reid from Living Color talking about "One In A Million" as if it happened recently when it happened 20 years ago.  Perhaps some of the BS can be halted with more regular activity, but I think Axl will forever be a whipping boy for the press so long as the new band exists and the old band is a distant memory.

Ali

yeah, no shit.  if axl delivered a homeless woman's baby on a streetcorner, the headline would be "axl cuts innocent child's umbilical chord."  everyone in the media and the entertainment world is in a giant conspiracy against him trying to make him look like a jerk when everyone who really knows him says he is one of the kindest and sweetest and most honest people they've ever known. 

the things that axl puts up with from punks in the press is a lot like the things i put up with from teachers and guidence counelsors and parents and shit.  whatever i do, they try and make me look bad.  kinda like some of the jerks on this forum who demonize axl and mock everything his fans say.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #233 on: October 09, 2009, 11:05:21 AM »

Promotion By Tour In ASIA...

hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #234 on: October 09, 2009, 11:07:57 AM »

Of course! hihi

If GNR could just be like every other band out there and rock the world with music, tours, interviews, etc for a cycle of time they can just thwart a lot of that bs.

I don't agree with that at all.  People will continue to demonize Axl for all the things that have happened in the past, especially for the demise of the old band, no matter what.  I recently read an interview with Vernon Reid from Living Color talking about "One In A Million" as if it happened recently when it happened 20 years ago.  Perhaps some of the BS can be halted with more regular activity, but I think Axl will forever be a whipping boy for the press so long as the new band exists and the old band is a distant memory.

Ali

yeah, no shit.  if axl delivered a homeless woman's baby on a streetcorner, the headline would be "axl cuts innocent child's umbilical chord."  everyone in the media and the entertainment world is in a giant conspiracy against him trying to make him look like a jerk when everyone who really knows him says he is one of the kindest and sweetest and most honest people they've ever known. 

the things that axl puts up with from punks in the press is a lot like the things i put up with from teachers and guidence counelsors and parents and shit.  whatever i do, they try and make me look bad.  kinda like some of the jerks on this forum who demonize axl and mock everything his fans say.

You're still here? Not everyone is anti-Axl and hate everything he does. I admit, a lof of the media is bias against him for his past -- but that doesn't mean everyone hates him. You're prespectives on the world vs. GNR is messed up. Every post I read of yours is "FUCK THEM! THEY HATE AXL. THEY HATE GNR. I LOVE HIM. HE DOES NO WRONG." Like I mean really -- do you honestly 100% believe that?

The 'Me vs. The World' mindset that you are in right now is completely off the charts and you look like a fool with all your posts being of the same nature. Like the Stephen Colbert thing -- it was a joke that he and his writers created to make a funny moment on the show. The audience laughed and got the joke. You on the hand basically took it personally and got extremely upset over it.

Relax...say it with me now. Relax. It will be okay.

Just chill out and let the good times roll. Good times are ahead for GNR (or so it seems...) with the tour coming up and stuff.    ...just better hope mommy lets you go Wink
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #235 on: October 09, 2009, 11:10:47 AM »

Of course! hihi

Ali

You're still here? Not everyone is anti-Axl and hate everything he does. I admit, a lof of the media is bias against him for his past -- but that doesn't mean everyone hates him. You're prespectives on the world vs. GNR is messed up. Every post I read of yours is "FUCK THEM! THEY HATE AXL. THEY HATE GNR. I LOVE HIM. HE DOES NO WRONG." Like I mean really -- do you honestly 100% believe that?

The 'Me vs. The World' mindset that you are in right now is completely off the charts and you look like a fool with all your posts being of the same nature. Like the Stephen Colbert thing -- it was a joke that he and his writers created to make a funny moment on the show. The audience laughed and got the joke. You on the hand basically took it personally and got extremely upset over it.

Just chill out and let the good times roll. Good times are ahead for GNR (or so it seems...) with the tour coming up and stuff.    ...just better hope mommy lets you go Wink

so lemme get this straight... you agree that the media is in fact biased against axl.  but you don't think that should piss his fans off? 

wow... loyalty is in short supply these days.  no wonder axl hasn't toured.  i wouldn't want to play music for a bunch of ingrates.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #236 on: October 09, 2009, 11:16:03 AM »

There's being pissed off by bias and misinformation... and there's being a complete loon.
I guess I don't need to tell you which one we think you fall under.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #237 on: October 09, 2009, 11:20:15 AM »

Of course! hihi

Ali

so lemme get this straight... you agree that the media is in fact biased against axl.  but you don't think that should piss his fans off? 

wow... loyalty is in short supply these days.  no wonder axl hasn't toured.  i wouldn't want to play music for a bunch of ingrates.

Media will always be bias, and like I said -- especially because of Axl's past. But not EVERY SINGLE PERSON that is a member of the media hate Axl. I have read countless good articles about him (ex. visiting cancer center in 06/07..don't remember exactly). My point is there has been plenty of good press about Axl/GNR but there will always be haters out there.

Your point of view is that there is NEVER anything good about GNR out there. Every person hates GNR and thinks very lowly of them. Which in return, I believe, tells me that you have a 'Me vs. The World Thing' and judging by your previous posts -- it appears to me it is that time of your life in your teens. I went through it, everyone did. Just more noticeable on some than others.

GNR fans shouldn't be pissed, IMO, cause it has happened for so long -- they should be used to it  Roll Eyes. Of course if a really untrue article comes out, there may be an exception.

As for loyalty, I honest believe that all the members of this board are loyal -- some more than others. Did you go see GNR on tour in 06-07? Did you travel to Las Vegas to see them from NYC? Loyal fans to me will go, at great lengths, to see their band anyway they can. I personally wouldn't go to Japan to see them, don't have the money nor time to do so. However I did go to Vegas in 06 for a 'long long' weekend to see them and had the time of my life.

Fans like you ruin it for others, and give the GNR fans a terrible image. Now I don't know if you post other places (really hope you don't) but if you were to go to a Metallica form, Bon Jovi forum, etc. and read a post on GNR where they bash a little bit -- you would go apeshit. The stereotypical GNR fan on many forums I visit -- is you. You can't handle when people talk badly about GNR/Axl and you freak out and cause a stir. When in reality, most fans aren't as anal as you and can take the bumps and bruises that are thrown at Axl/GNR.

It isn't the end of the world when a few 'bad' articles are posted on GNR/Axl. Keeps them in the news and stirs up interest in them again. Like many have said before me -- there is no bad press. Gets the name out there and gets thoughts going about the topic again, which in this case is GNR/Axl.

beer

falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #238 on: October 09, 2009, 11:40:28 AM »

There's being pissed off by bias and misinformation... and there's being a complete loon.

wow... don't forget, jarmo clearly posted rules about calling each other names. 

okay, you disagree with me on whether or not it's cool for the press to pick on axl.  you like it, i don't.  okay... but you and others have gone on to call me a loon and compare me to a murderer.  i can't believe this is allowed.  it's bad enough that half the "fans" around here shit on the band.  now fans have to get shit on just for sticking up for their favorite band?

what's happening to this place?  a tour's about to start.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #239 on: October 09, 2009, 11:43:58 AM »

wow... don't forget, jarmo clearly posted rules about calling each other names. 

okay, you disagree with me on whether or not it's cool for the press to pick on axl.  you like it, i don't.  okay... but you and others have gone on to call me a loon and compare me to a murderer.  i can't believe this is allowed.  it's bad enough that half the "fans" around here shit on the band.  now fans have to get shit on just for sticking up for their favorite band?

what's happening to this place?  a tour's about to start.

There is a difference between sticking up for your favorite band and being completely wacky about anything bad said about GNR.
You my friend, have fallen into the second test group.

As for calling each other names, you called me an ingrate a few posts above. I don't appreciate being called that. You also called me a jerk above, not very nice.

ok
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: