Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 07:19:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard & Frank appearance in New York (Sep 17th)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard & Frank appearance in New York (Sep 17th)  (Read 10870 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: August 24, 2009, 10:18:10 AM »

The Compulsions

9/17/2009 8:00 PM at Bowery Electric (Showcase)
327 Bowery, New York, New York 10003
Cost: $8

Compulsions Music Industry Showcase featuring Sami Yaffa (New York Dolls), Richard Fortus (Guns N? Roses), Frank Ferrer (Guns N? Roses) and Compulsions founder, Rob Carlyle. Tonight?s performance starts promptly at 8PM. Don?t miss it! More details to come.

http://www.myspace.com/thecompulsions

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 10:44:21 AM »

if someones going, ask them how's the family doing meaning gnr.
mikeaxl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 01:32:11 AM »

i went on the myspace page and if u read it  it was uncomplimentary to say the least about chinese democracy.  they r certainly entitled to there opinions but found it a little odd considering two members contributed to the chinese dem. record  just an observation but anyway still a bit confounding
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 01:39:07 AM »

i went on the myspace page and if u read it  it was uncomplimentary to say the least about chinese democracy.  they r certainly entitled to there opinions but found it a little odd considering two members contributed to the chinese dem. record  just an observation but anyway still a bit confounding

yea i found that strange as well.  Undecided
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 08:21:41 AM »

At long last, rock n' roll exists in its post-Chinese Democracy era. While many were hoping that release would save the form, a wave of letdown swelled when it became clear Axl Rose's true intent was to try and reinvent this kind of music instead of rescuing it. Ultimately, that album stands as a musical eyesore, failing at both these purposes, because it lacks the two things Been Through Hell has in spades--songs and being "of the moment."

it is strange... i don't get it

Chinese Democracy!
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 09:27:33 AM »

Well...In the last month we've had badmouthing from the Dj Ashba camp and from the Fortus & Ferrer camp...
Bumblefoot is starting a new band ( & the rumour is that it's something big with Joe Satriani ) that is supposed to be "out there this fall" with a record and shows booked...

Call me pessimistic but it doesn't look too good to say the least.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 09:38:25 AM »

Well...In the last month we've had badmouthing from the Dj Ashba camp and from the Fortus & Ferrer camp...

What "camp"?

Richard and Frank are playing with a band in New York. If that band's members don't appreciate Chinese Democracy like we do, there's not much they can do about it.

Did you ever listen to The Compulsions? It's quite apparent what they're influenced by...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 09:44:55 AM »

Yeah I know but wouldn't it be REALLY disrespectful to write something like this on your website about a band two of the musicians are involved with if they didn't say it themselves in the first place ?

Either Dan Rowe is a very disrespectful person or Richard/Frank have been doing some talking...

Undecided
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 09:51:33 AM »

Yeah I know but wouldn't it be REALLY disrespectful to write something like this on your website about a band two of the musicians are involved with if they didn't say it themselves in the first place ?

Either Dan Rowe is a very disrespectful person or Richard/Frank have been doing some talking...

Undecided

It looks like a review/bio where they use GN'R's name to try to make their own album seem better....

And yes, it's a cheap way to get noticed. Putting down somebody else's work in order to make your own seem better. If your own work is good enough, it should stand on its own....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 09:56:02 AM by jarmo » Logged

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 10:01:48 AM »

the compulsions sound nothing like gn'r, i don't get why they'd even use gn'r for publicity, they're a whole different band...

Chinese Democracy!
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 10:02:40 AM »

no
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 10:14:47 AM »

the compulsions sound nothing like gn'r, i don't get why they'd even use gn'r for publicity, they're a whole different band...

You don't have to sound like a band to be influenced by them.

/jarmo

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 10:20:06 AM »

if they say they are, that's they're biz. but it doesn't show. that's not a bad thing either.

Chinese Democracy!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 10:21:36 AM »

Then again, most rock bands were influenced by the Stones....

hihi

/jarmo

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 10:24:55 AM »

and only the hives sound like the stones... on steroids!

Chinese Democracy!
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009, 10:25:52 AM »

@ the glow - re the facebook page ..

I note the comment from Robin Finck - i also note the thumbs up from a Jarmo??

It could be construed as more negative news, but then as news re GnR is none existent any related thing will be picked over .. think I'll go chill again
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 10:28:44 AM »

i also note the thumbs up from a Jarmo??

Yeah, I like the quote.

Today is the start of the rest of your life. You look forward, instead of back.

There's no conspiracy or hidden meaning there for me at least. I just happen to think it's a nice little quote.

/jarmo

John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 10:40:11 AM »

i also note the thumbs up from a Jarmo??

Yeah, I like the quote.

Today is the start of the rest of your life. You look forward, instead of back.

There's no conspiracy or hidden meaning there for me at least. I just happen to think it's a nice little quote.

/jarmo

fair enough - as I read it on the myspacepage Frank and Richard are not permanant members of the Compulsions anyway?? 

If you wanted to be positive, perhaps Frank got confirmation that day with a text from Axl confirming he is the GnR drummer for the upcoming tour? 
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2009, 11:54:00 AM »

http://www.myspace.com/thecompulsions

this isnt gossip, rumors, or lies....its our friends fortus and ferrer and the new album/band there on and with....heres what they have to say about it.... ok

THE COMPULSIONS: BEEN THROUGH HELL EP
by Dan Rowe

IT IS TIME FOR THE FRACTURED TRIBE OF ROCK N' ROLL TO UNITE
BEHIND ITS LEADER

At long last, rock n' roll exists in its post-Chinese Democracy era. While many were hoping that release would save the form, a wave of letdown swelled when it became clear Axl Rose's true intent was to try and reinvent this kind of music instead of rescuing it. Ultimately, that album stands as a musical eyesore, failing at both these purposes, because it lacks the two things Been Through Hell has in spades--songs and being "of the moment."

As an effective songwriter, innovation should never come at the expense of communication.

While the songwriting techniques Carlyle employs are generally rather straightforward and classic, the now-or-never urgency seeping through every pore of this latest Compulsions release captures the weariness and frustration most of the world is breathing in on a minute-to-minute basis profoundly. This is dark music being made out of a dark time in our history that still somehow gives us reason to rejoice a little, or at least dance around the fire.

So, to everyone who sat on their hands nearly two decades waiting for the miracle that was never going to show up, listen carefully: it is time for the fractured tribe of rock n' roll to unite behind its leader; there are no more excuses. That leader is the same as it was five years ago, and the same as it was last year--nobody goes big like the Compulsions. This is the band that can save FM radio.

nice guys  no
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 11:55:57 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2009, 11:58:04 AM »

wow... seriously... i can't believe those guys would condone talk like that.  especially about the man who so gracioiusly put them on the map.  since we're not allowed to say critical things about band members, i guess there's nothing else i can say on the matter.

OMG... jarmo, you're actually friends with frank on facebook?  how fucking awesome is that?!!  if i were you, i'd just click LIKE next to everything they post. 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 12:06:57 PM by falungong69 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: