Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:28:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Swine Flu Outbreak
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Swine Flu Outbreak  (Read 25767 times)
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #120 on: October 28, 2009, 11:05:55 PM »

^Wow!! Sorry to hear you are so ill Sad.  So am I reading this right?  Are you saying they will not allow you to come to the dr's office?  If this is true, how are you to get any help? Huh

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #121 on: October 29, 2009, 05:08:38 AM »

I was told "you really need to stay indoors at the moment, we'll get the doctor to give you a call", as i said this was 8 or 9 days after apparently contracting swine flu. So anyway, the doctor calls me, asks me lots of questions and seems to think i may have glandular fever....have to take penecillin at the moment and he said if symptoms don't improve i'll need to have a blood test. Strangely though, after posting here last night, my glands have gone down this morning! Maybe i'm finally getting over it....although to be honest my muscles really ache and don't think i can do a lot anyway right now  Tongue
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2009, 10:33:52 PM »

There's a wide spread epidemic of H1N1 amongst the LAPD.

LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2009, 12:22:41 PM »

My 10 yr old daughter has/had it.  Sunday she came home from a friends house and immediately puked. She ended up having a 103 F fever, so I brought her to the hospital. They did a nose swab and it came up negative, but the doc said he didn't trust that and said that his opinion was that she had the flu, but did not say it was H1N1.  He gave her Tamiflu, which she immediately started taking.  Monday, she started feeling better with no fever.  I was all set to send her to school on Tuesday, when she started getting sick again. She was coughing very, very badly and had a high fever again.  Wednesday, I brought her back to the hospital.  I had a different doc, and she said that she was sure that my daughter had H1N1.  She said the Swine tends to hit, go away a little, and then hit hard with coughing and possibly pneumonia.  She x-rayed my daughter's lungs, no pneumonia thank goodness.

She's feeling much better now.  No fever for about 2 days now.  When I called work, they told me I am not to come back to the office for 7 days!  And at first, they wanted me to get a doctors note!  They dropped the doctors note, at least.  I don't wanna have to spend money to go back to work, for crying out loud.

I think we are ok though Smiley I was a little sick* the week before, so I think I had it.  From what I understand, it tends to be much milder to adults for the most part.  I tried to have my daughter out of the house when I was sick...but I'm a single mom....that's kinda difficult hihi

*a little sick = very sore throat, coughing, couldn't keep my eyes open because I was so tired, and a mild fever. Last about 3 days.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 12:28:47 PM by LittleFly » Logged

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2009, 10:57:00 PM »

There's a wide spread epidemic of H1N1 amongst the LAPD.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

don't know if anyone else will get that

well done

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #125 on: November 01, 2009, 04:39:05 AM »

ha ha. There is a wide swine flu outbreak here in utah.  Undecided

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #126 on: November 01, 2009, 08:41:31 AM »

I got the h1n1 and seasonal flu shots.  I will be enjoying the flu season.
Get vaccinated folks.  As Jarmo said, it's not just about you.   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #127 on: November 01, 2009, 09:31:48 AM »

can you get these in England at the age of 19. Or is my country cheap n wants us to suffer XD?

html sucks
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #128 on: November 01, 2009, 05:41:50 PM »

can you get these in England at the age of 19. Or is my country cheap n wants us to suffer XD?

You have universal healthcare in England, STFU.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #129 on: November 01, 2009, 06:22:42 PM »

Still doesnt mean it isnt cheap.

html sucks
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #130 on: November 01, 2009, 06:26:00 PM »

Still doesnt mean it isnt cheap.

10 Pounds for just about any medication seems like a deal to me.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #131 on: November 03, 2009, 02:09:41 AM »

Ugh, just came down with the symptoms and it is going around here.  Setting up an appointment for Thursday, but god my throat sucks and my chest hurts, but just minor coughing so far.  They finally got the vaccine around the area here, but of course I am not amongst the first wave to get it.  Rough stuff!

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #132 on: November 03, 2009, 07:25:31 PM »

Ugh, just came down with the symptoms and it is going around here.  Setting up an appointment for Thursday, but god my throat sucks and my chest hurts, but just minor coughing so far.  They finally got the vaccine around the area here, but of course I am not amongst the first wave to get it.  Rough stuff!

Hang in there.  Hopefully it's just a regular miserable flu experience for you.  For over 99% of folks out there who get H1N1, you'll be fine.  On a positive note, you obviously won't have to get the shot now!  Smiley

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #133 on: November 03, 2009, 10:36:20 PM »

Norwegian article about it for those intrested.

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/ostafjells/telemark/1.6848185

Here's some translations:

The Folkhealth-Institute in Norway are being anmeldt (similar to being sued, but not quite) to the police by people behind http://vaksineaksjon.no/ for spreading unecessary fear and to (in their opinion) trick people into taking a untested vaccine that is poisonous and can be hazardous to your health. The leader in the anti-vaccine group Kjetil Dreyer have the opinion that the Follhealth-Insitute makes illicit information-errors. They claim the propaganda reflects the capital-intrest of an international health-industry and ecomomic intrests, not healthcare for the people.

They wanna wait until a poison-free vaccine is produced before mass-vaccinating people against a disease that 'almost doesn't exist'.

Siri Hauge from the Folkhealth-Institute say they use the best vaccine available.

When asked about wether she take the police-anmeldelse serious she says she haven't read it yet.

These guys thinks the Folkhealth-institute spread fear.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 10:38:22 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #134 on: November 04, 2009, 10:14:26 AM »

I just had my official "phone check-up" since they are very hesitant about wanting me down at the doctor's office.  It's great feeling like a leper, I just don't understand how they are to actually test me for this shit.  They are to call back in a while.  I probably shouldn't be going to work today though.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #135 on: November 04, 2009, 03:54:32 PM »

Propably?!?!

Get well mon, and stay the fuk away from work.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #136 on: November 04, 2009, 07:31:18 PM »

Norwegian article about it for those intrested.

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/ostafjells/telemark/1.6848185

Here's some translations:

The Folkhealth-Institute in Norway are being anmeldt (similar to being sued, but not quite) to the police by people behind http://vaksineaksjon.no/ for spreading unecessary fear and to (in their opinion) trick people into taking a untested vaccine that is poisonous and can be hazardous to your health. The leader in the anti-vaccine group Kjetil Dreyer have the opinion that the Follhealth-Insitute makes illicit information-errors. They claim the propaganda reflects the capital-intrest of an international health-industry and ecomomic intrests, not healthcare for the people.

They wanna wait until a poison-free vaccine is produced before mass-vaccinating people against a disease that 'almost doesn't exist'.

Siri Hauge from the Folkhealth-Institute say they use the best vaccine available.

When asked about wether she take the police-anmeldelse serious she says she haven't read it yet.

These guys thinks the Folkhealth-institute spread fear.

Vaccines are not poison.  I expect morons like this in the States, but Norway?  Oh, so disappointing.
Vaccines don't cause autism.  Vaccines don't sicken people.  Vaccines have saved millions of lives since they were invented in the 20th century.   peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #137 on: November 04, 2009, 08:02:13 PM »

same shit in Sweden, dumb ignorant fools, i'm getting my vaccine shot on monday

not the suing (yet) but people don't believing in the vaccine and thinks that it'll get you paralyzed and all kinds of shit, and don't believe the flu is dangerous
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 08:03:49 PM by CheapJon » Logged
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #138 on: November 04, 2009, 08:10:27 PM »

Several european countries like Switzerland and Germany advice pregnant women against using the pandemrix-vaccine.

They will produce vaccines without the "poisons" instead.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #139 on: November 05, 2009, 08:39:45 AM »

I just had my official "phone check-up" since they are very hesitant about wanting me down at the doctor's office.  It's great feeling like a leper, I just don't understand how they are to actually test me for this shit.  They are to call back in a while.  I probably shouldn't be going to work today though.

I know what you mean about feeling like a leper.  My family wouldn't let my daughter go trick-or-treating with them...even though she had been fever free for about 2 days or so.  Oh man, did she cry. And I wasn't allowed back to work for a full week after her fever went away! A WEEK!

I was going to go into how the media and others are treating this like a plague.....but I understand why people are upset and scared.  It kills healthy kids sometimes.  That scares the crap out of any mother.  I just have the opinions I have because both me and my daughter survived it with hardly any problem.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: