Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 08:11:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228089 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Robin vs. Slash, which one do you prefer?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin vs. Slash, which one do you prefer?  (Read 61549 times)
pipi
Opening Act

« Reply #160 on: May 15, 2009, 09:46:52 AM »

"the chemistry that they once shared... " you have said it ... it?s past
not now ... Axl has been hurt by this man ...
just because axl has a special soul,  love and he is so sensitve  love

I think I'm going to puke.   drool  (that's puke, not drool, BTW)

you are going to puke  Huh  drool puke puke puke !!!!  drool  drool  drool
and why ?? just because you said "I, for one, love Slash" ... you must know that we love AXL,
so you must respect every opinion, you have to puke just because of you ....
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 09:53:25 AM by pipi » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #161 on: May 15, 2009, 10:39:36 AM »

@ pipi, the right smiley is  puke
I love as how slash fans are defensive.

Like i said we don't obey. We see things for ourselves thus we rock.

"Obey"? Umm ...ok.  hihi

Geez, man. Isn't "seeing something for yourself" subjective?

yea and you harped on public recognition.

We have our own eyes ears and hearts. We don't follow the passing opinion of other people.

people may talk shit but do they really care if the musician lives or dies? Why should I give a shit to their mindless words.
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #162 on: May 15, 2009, 11:21:34 AM »

yea and you harped on public recognition.

We have our own eyes ears and hearts. We don't follow the passing opinion of other people.

people may talk shit but do they really care if the musician lives or dies? Why should I give a shit to their mindless words.

I harped on public recognition? I didn't realize making the one time factual statement that Slash is recognized as being one of the best guitar players of a generation could be considered "harping"? I mean, I have no issue with a little lively forum banter, but you seem to try and take an extreme stance on something based on ... well....., nothing.

"We think therefore we rock". What is that supposed to mean exactly? Maybe if you'd actually offer somekind of intelligible insight as to your position on the matter, I'd be able to take it more seriously or at least try and understand what your issue is here. Then you go on to say, "people may talk shit but do they really care if the musician lives or dies"? Where in the hell is that coming from and what exactly are you implying? Are you asking whether or not I "care" if Axl lives or dies? Well, considering he's my favorite frontman and had a large part in creating some of my favorite albums of all time, yes, I'd say that I would prefer that the man does not die.  hihi But I'd also say the same thing about Slash. I'm not going to let some personal issues between the 2 of them force me to choose sides on where my loyalty lies. For Christ sake, who in there right mind would? They're 2 grown men and this is just about a band. I don't take it nearly as serious as I would if someone hurt my mom.  hihi There's 2 sides to every story and usually the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Who said what years ago makes no real difference to me.

So before continuing to refer to those who don't take your exact position as being "mindless" how about typing a little more than a "Axl rocks ... Slash sucks" one-liner; clearly expressing where this misguided anger of yours seems to be coming from. When Axl made the comment, "the less anyone hears from Slash or his supporters the better", I think that was in relation to some past allegations that he may have made. I don't think he was implying to his fanbase that you should throw Slash's cds away.  hihi Like Axl said, he's not trying to take away anything from the man's past efforts. And even if he was, I could personally care less as it doesn't involve me.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #163 on: May 15, 2009, 11:38:30 AM »

read my posts in this thread. and your post where you go on what the general public and media say.

I don't remember typing any "Axl rocks ... Slash sucks" one-liner. as this thread is about our preferences on guitarists.

Plus, why you take everything so personal?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #164 on: May 15, 2009, 12:06:46 PM »

Can someone explain why everyone that responded to my post called Slash my hero?Huh He most certainly isn't my hero in any way, Axl was pretty much my hero up to the age of 30.

My opinion is based I believe upon rational thought, I'm dead against any form of hero worship, as I said I'm not even a fan of Slash's music outside the GNR melting pot, where it worked wonderfully. Hero my arse.

If you take the personal bitterness about Slash away I'd find it difficult to rate Robin over Slash....REALLY difficult. The thread is about who you prefer, well if you look at what each guitarist has done whilst in GNR, Slash has done substantially more....so my answer in this context is Slash.

Can I also quote Robs post as it's very well said.

"I mean, just because Axl and Slash had a fall out and are no longer friends, does that mean I should no longer  appreciate or respect the music that one of them made? And by me doing so, what would I be proving? Last time I checked, I have no personal relationship with with either of them, nor do I have a vested interest in who these 2 choose to spend their time with. If they don't want to play together or like one another, oh well. It's a shame that has to be considering the chemistry that they once shared.  But I certainly don't have any sense of personal obligation to either one of them."

I bought and loved CD, saw the new band live and loved them (paid for 5 others to go even), am a big fan of Richard, Tommy and Brain....but as a guitarist Slash annihilates Robin, be it lead playing, riffs or even the ridiculous who looks cooler department brought up earlier.

Your opinion, and it's fine. I just got the impression that you love Slash so much to be your hero because you don't really used your "rational thought" when talking about Robin and ignoring what I said previously about the songwriting and amount of material each one have.

-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #165 on: May 15, 2009, 12:25:42 PM »

read my posts in this thread. and your post where you go on what the general public and media say.

Plus, why you take everything so personal?

Ok. I just re-read your posts in this thread.

we aren't the lot of people.

It's about personal opinions. It's natural that some think slash sucks big time and voice it.  deal with it.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 12:27:21 PM by -Rob- » Logged
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #166 on: May 15, 2009, 12:28:49 PM »

Gee .. I don't why "I" am the one "taking things so personal".   hihi

If anything, I'm the one saying leave the personal out of it and just enjoy the music that they gave you.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #167 on: May 15, 2009, 12:34:49 PM »

Those general public or the media, no gnr fans say whatever without thinking. and you take their drivels serious.
we don't.

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #168 on: May 15, 2009, 12:36:52 PM »

"the chemistry that they once shared... " you have said it ... it?s past
not now ... Axl has been hurt by this man ...
just because axl has a special soul,  love and he is so sensitve  love

I think I'm going to puke.   drool  (that's puke, not drool, BTW)

you are going to puke  Huh  drool puke puke puke !!!!  drool  drool  drool
and why ?? just because you said "I, for one, love Slash" ... you must know that we love AXL,
so you must respect every opinion, you have to puke just because of you ....
@ pipi, the right smiley is  puke

Hey pp, thanks for pointing that out about the right smiley.   ok 
You don't think the above post by pipi was defensive?  It's all the hearts and shit that makes me want to barf.  It's ironic that some people here like to constantly refer to Slash as someone's "hero", yet we have to be subjected to posts such as that one above.  Which, by the way, last I looked this topic was about Robin and Slash - not Axl. 

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #169 on: May 15, 2009, 12:58:07 PM »

maybe but pipi sounds cute.  Tongue basically it's very rude to puke on others honest opinion, nevermind I often do. Tongue

plus she or he is new here and angereles seems like from non English speaking country (sorry if I'm wrong!) so I can't help admiring their guts.
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #170 on: May 15, 2009, 02:09:08 PM »

Those general public or the media, no gnr fans say whatever without thinking.

Ok. I give up. I read this at least a half a dozen times now and I honestly have no idea what it is that you're saying. I recognize that it's likely a grammar barrier, but it doesn't make grammatical sense. Nor does it really form a complete thought. At least not one that I am able to recognize.

and you take their drivels serious.
we don't.

Take what seriously? The concensus that Slash is a well-known and respected guitar player? It's not like he hasn't received these honors from numerous sources, you realize? And typically, these polls are based on an artist's contributions, demand, and appeal. You don't personally have to take it seriously. Nonetheless the fact remains that he is recognized as one of the best and unique guitar players of our time. If you hadn't noticed, it's not just Axl's writing and vocals that made AFD, Lies, and the UYIs such timeless albums.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #171 on: May 15, 2009, 03:05:54 PM »

I don't know about you but rock is about seeing things for yourself, being true to yourself not obeying anyone else  than yourself. I found this band (cd era) and this board rock in 2003. and the shows and cd proves me right robin and everyone rocks hard on there. Yes this is coming from a pure cd breed, can't care less about the band's long gone past which seems like axl and his old friends, but the fans from 1986(non bandwagon jumps) are agreeing with me.
Maybe he sucks to Jim Bob because Slash hasn't done anything Jim Bob likes since the early 90s?

Did you ever think about that?

/jarmo

Alot of people don't think Axl has done anything worthwhile since the early 90s.

we aren't the lot of people.

It's about personal opinions. It's natural that some think slash sucks big time and voice it.  deal with it.

It's natural that you think slash "sucks big time"? I'm not sure how "natural" that is. Especially considering he is recognized by the general public and media as being one of the best guitar players of all time.

So, no. I wouldn't necessarily say that opinion is "natural". It is an opinion though. Just one that isn't shared by very many people at all. But thanks. I'll do my best to "deal" with your opinion. I hope that you are able to find mine somewhat "natural".  hihi

Resting on whatever the public / the media go, you don't rock.
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #172 on: May 15, 2009, 04:03:10 PM »

I don't know about you but rock is about seeing things for yourself, being true to yourself not obeying anyone else  than yourself.

Umm ... so liking and respecting both Axl and Slash's work isn't "being true to myself"?  I'm sorry man, this is just getting toooo bizarre. hihi I assure you that I don't like Slash because he's a well recognized artist. I like him for his work. I only commented that he is a known and respected musician because you said that "hating Slash is natural". Maybe to you. To the other 99.7% of the GNR fanbase, probably not.

I found this band (cd era) and this board rock in 2003. and the shows and cd proves me right robin and everyone rocks hard on there. Yes this is coming from a pure cd breed, can't care less about the band's long gone past which seems like axl and his old friends, but the fans from 1986(non bandwagon jumps) are agreeing with me.

So, what does hating Slash and thinking CD rocks hard have to do with one another? Is it not possible to say "CD rocks hard, and I bet Slash's solo album will kick ass"? I mean, really. Would saying that not make you "true to yourself"?

At least you cleared up one thing. I'm assuming since you just discovered the band during the CD years that you are likely in your teens to early 20s. Nothing wrong with that. Just provides some insight as to how you might think.

Resting on whatever the public / the media go, you don't rock.

^ Again, bro. I have no idea what you're even saying.   hihi
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #173 on: May 15, 2009, 04:12:39 PM »

where do I hate slash?
 I don't know him and I'm totally indifferent. so are the most non us rock fans. he isn't relevant that's all.

-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2009, 04:39:30 PM »

where do I hate slash?

It's natural that some think slash sucks big time and voice it.  deal with it.

Roll Eyes Sound familiar?

Right before you made that comment you suggested that "Slash sucks eggs". Just doesn't seem like the kind of comment one would make who is "indifferent" to the situation.

I don't know him and I'm totally indifferent. so are the most non us rock fans. he isn't relevant that's all.

He isn't relevant? This thread asks which guitar player you appreciate more. If I were to say, "Buckethead" now that would be "irrelevant" to this conversation.

Bottom line is, you said that "he sucks eggs", that it's "natural to hate him", then you tried claiming that he is "irrelevant", but in the same breath insisted that you are "indifferent." Wouldn't it just be easier to admit that you have no real basis for the dissing and that you were just looking to take a couple quick jabs? To me, that would be a whole lot easier than to continue with this nonsense.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #175 on: May 15, 2009, 04:54:33 PM »

He's sucking eggs and he isn't relevant anymore. Only old GNR fans and GNR bashers care. facts. and I'm even wishing good lack to him.
Truth is that the truth hurt so you don't agree.

-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #176 on: May 15, 2009, 05:02:50 PM »

He's sucking eggs and he isn't relevant anymore. Only old GNR fans and GNR bashers care.

I have to ask this question. How old are you? Or probably even more appropriate, how young are you?  hihi

Judging by your ongoing childish remarks, I think it would be fair to make the assumption that you obviously care.

facts. and I'm even wishing good lack to him.
Truth is that the truth hurt so you don't agree.

Ahh ... I see. Your "opinion" is now worthy of being labeled as the truth? 
Oh yes. I certainly agree. Whatever was I thinking?  Wow. Just wow.  rofl
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #177 on: May 15, 2009, 05:14:45 PM »

Like I said why slash fanatics tend to make everything so personal? Huh

-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #178 on: May 15, 2009, 05:22:36 PM »

Like I said why slash fanatics tend to make everything so personal? Huh

I had to call some people in my office to read over some of your posts. Thanks. The concensus seems to be that you're likely between 19-23 years of age based on your remarks. And to be honest, neither of these co-workers are Slash or GNR fanatics for that matter. But, thanks again for the Friday afternoon laugh. It was needed. 
 hihi
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #179 on: May 15, 2009, 05:29:26 PM »

I believe this thread is never about any posters age or any poster but  your preference between the two ex GNR guitarists.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: