Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:32:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Arenas vs Stadiums
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arenas vs Stadiums  (Read 11362 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2009, 09:49:32 AM »

I prefer arenas, for the most part.  You don't have to worry about weather or a whole shitload of other factors.  And, on a purely selfish note, we don't have a good stadium in CT, really.  I suppose you could play Renchsler field, but.....eh...not my first choice for a concert venue.

That being said, there IS something almost "magical" about a stadium show when everything goes right.

As for "how could they fill it"....there are lots of things they could do (assuming we're talking about the US...they have NO problems outside the US).  First and foremost would be to put together a good cadre of bands to go with them.  There are CERTAINLY combinations of bands they could put together to play the "undercard" that would help put butts in seats.  They could also do something with ticket prices, special guests, etc.  There's ways to do it.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2009, 10:04:43 AM »

On second thoughts
if a stadium tour means more other bands and fewer shows in the area within my reach, I definitely prefer to see more GNR shows at arenas.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2009, 10:21:50 AM »

MSG is so over-rated.I prefer the Nassau Col. on Long Island...or even the outdoor venue at Jones Beach..Just stay away from GIANT Stadium....

overrated?? stay away??  confused
oh wait ... I get it ... you're trying to make a joke, right?
overrated ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA   hihi rofl hihi rofl
stay away ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA  rofl hihi rofl hihi

Oh please.  Roll Eyes  To the rest of the world (outside Long Island), the Garden is a legendary venue that most artists would kill for to play and as for Giants Stadium ?.. it?s GIANTS STADIUM!!!  Cool

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2009, 10:32:07 AM »

MSG is so over-rated.I prefer the Nassau Col. on Long Island...or even the outdoor venue at Jones Beach..Just stay away from GIANT Stadium....

Oh please.  Roll Eyes  To the rest of the world (outside Long Island), the Garden is a legendary venue that most artists would kill for to play and as for Giants Stadium ?.. it?s GIANTS STADIUM!!!  Cool

Absolutely. MSG is definitely legendary. All bands dream of selling it out. It's a major accomplishment to do it. There may be prettier, nicer and newer arenas but everyone from Led Zepplin to Pearl Jam have immortalized that triumph with a live concert film.

Giants stadium??? To say the least it's one of the largest venues in the US and it also houses the BIGGEST names in music like The Boss. Only a handful of artists can fill it.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
GNRFAN20
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2009, 10:40:17 AM »

Cool if they did some theater shows along with the arenas and stadiums.
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2009, 11:52:30 AM »

Personally I don't think there is a difference. They are both the same to me. Stadiums  and arenas mostly remind me of football and it depends on how the band sets up the stage as to whether or not you get a good show. Personally I like outdoor venues especially in the summer but generally smaller venues than a stadium. If the stage is in the middle of the stadium with nothing blocking any side of the stage, which I think would probably be impossible to do, it would be a great setup because you could see from anywhere and the band could play to the whole audience. But I've been to see concerts at stadiums and generally the band looks like ants and I have to watch the jumbo-tron to see the show. I've never ponied up for front row tickets and in this economy I doubt I'll be able to afford to do that for this tour. But I will get a ticket and watch the jumbo-tron. 

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Litti10
Headliner

Here Today...Gone To Yesterday

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2009, 12:56:44 PM »

Definitely arenas becoz ull see better and sounds better and much greater atmosphere
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2009, 03:14:35 PM »

Definitely arenas becoz ull see better and sounds better and much greater atmosphere

+1

I have zero complaints about the 06 tour other than they didn't play "estranged"... lol.

Loved the sound quality, how close I was to the band. Nothing beats looking at Axl dead on in the face singing back the lyrics of CD, having him look at me, point at me and have Richard nod his head at me. It's a memory that will live with me forever... and I know I would never have that at a Stadium.

The band sounded amazing... Axl fucking destroyed the stage.... he was flawless. One of the best shows I have ever seen... bar none.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
wadey
Legend

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2009, 03:18:46 PM »

wasnt PC video from Giants stadium?

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2009, 03:27:10 PM »

I Preefered ARENAS

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2009, 04:58:25 PM »

I'd prefer Gn'R to do some arenas... they're smaller and if i'm being honest, I really don't see them selling out a lot of stadiums, so really this whole idea of a "stadium" tour kind of confuses me.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2009, 06:14:19 PM »

yes it was and i was there. it was also shot at donnington.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2009, 11:00:12 PM »

MSG is the greatest, most legendary arena in the world.  And by far the best arena to see a concert at

You are just pissed because despite their 4-peat dynasty in the 80's the Islanders have to play in the Nassau dump while the much less admirable Rangers get MSG  hihi
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2009, 09:29:28 AM »

MSG is the greatest, most legendary arena in the world.  And by far the best arena to see a concert at

You are just pissed because despite their 4-peat dynasty in the 80's the Islanders have to play in the Nassau dump while the much less admirable Rangers get MSG  hihi

One of my favorite Elvis albums was recorded at MSG. I always wanted to go to a show there just because of that.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2009, 10:19:46 AM »

i'm goin to see ac dc in a stadium in a couple of months, that should be interesting,

and i did see Guns in Rock in Rio 06, which was mostly a guns gig, because the only other international act was Darkness, and well, they're just an opening act, and there were 70.000 people over there. it was great. drinking beer in the grass before the gig, it was just like a big party and gn'r pulled it off  ok

arenas are ok, but stadiums offer more fun for a lot more time

i remember the guns tour with FNM and Soundgarden and people were entering the stadium at 3 o'clock, that's like a hole full day of drinking before guns start.

Chinese Democracy!
wadey
Legend

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2009, 02:00:48 PM »

yes it was and i was there. it was also shot at donnington.

yeah i knew all the black and white footage was donny, just wanted to clarify the Giants footage...
that gig looked awesome and the band looked in fine form

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2009, 04:42:31 PM »

I prefer arenas, but it's GNR and i'll be super excited. I've seen them at MSG and at Hammerstein, so even though i prefer arenas, in this instance i'm glad they're doing stadiums as i'll be looking forward to yet another experience and a totally different memory.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2009, 05:53:57 PM »

Smallest venue I've ever seen them in was Hammerstein as well. Incredible show, first night. The more I think about it, the more I'm excited about a summer stadium show though.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2009, 11:17:47 PM »

I saw them play an outdoor festival to 65,000 people.  Right outside Los Angeles.

If done right, this stadium tour can be a massive success.
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2009, 12:09:31 AM »

I go for the arenas, stadiums are so big, and I was planing to follow GNR to the cities near me and see them more than one time, but if they play stadiums I will just see them once  Angry
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: