Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:09:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Fallon!?!?!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fallon!?!?!  (Read 11913 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2009, 05:26:00 PM »

I think u guys are goin JUST a bit overboard on this one.

Axl to my knowledge has NEVER done any body's talk show on network TV right?

I can't see this being his first.

NEVER ON THIS BOARD hihi hihi
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2009, 05:29:39 PM »

Agree, it's a long shot. Smiley

Anyway, Jimmy seems to be genuine GN'R fan. Wasn't he attending one of the Hammerstein shows?

Yep, I saw him coming into the venue....amazingly...alone.

I don't think there would be an interview but I can't see why not a performance.  Jimmy has always been a fan/friend of the band and like he did for Mickey, he could always help him out.
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2009, 05:41:15 PM »

Au contraire, my friends...take a walk back in time with me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyUC-zeWFg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz_t7xjvI7o&feature=related
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 05:43:21 PM by RoCoKiN » Logged

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2009, 05:59:37 PM »

Au contraire, my friends...take a walk back in time with me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyUC-zeWFg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz_t7xjvI7o&feature=related

I was really just refrencing this line:  "I think u guys are goin JUST a bit overboard on this one."
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 06:01:12 PM »

Dammit!  You just beat me to it rocockin!  I guarantee any guest would have the same response as that blonde on the couch did as she leaned over to look at the band over 20 years ago.  Love 'em or hate 'em, people are drawn to Guns N' Roses.   yes

Likely?  Probably not...would I love to see it?  Hell yeah!  peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2009, 06:40:34 PM »

I don't think I've ever seen that performance of "You're Crazy".  Cool stuff.  That must've been hard for Axl to not slip up and let an F bomb out, as it's so prominent in the song.

I threw out the Fallon thing back when it was announced he was taking over.  I'm sure Jimmy would LOVE to have GNR on the show.  It's a question of whether GNR would like to go on the show.  It would be a safe, friendly environment, as Jimmy is a fan.  Whereas Dave, Leno, or Conan may crack jokes at Axl's expense, I don't think that'd be the case for Fallon.  So IF GNR was to make an appearance on a late night show, I'd say this would be the one.  But who knows if that's in the cards. 

Someone mentioned U2, they're performing all week on Letterman some week in March to coincide with the release of their new album.  Not sure if it's the same week as Fallon's debut though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2009, 06:50:31 PM »

I was talking more about a set down interview. I could possibly see the band maybe perform on a late show but Im not sure about the whole interview thing. Axl doesn't seem real comfortable with that.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2009, 07:46:49 PM »

I was talking more about a set down interview. I could possibly see the band maybe perform on a late show but Im not sure about the whole interview thing. Axl doesn't seem real comfortable with that.
I agree, I can't really envision Axl sitting down on the couch talking, even to a fan like Jimmy Fallon.  I'd expect just a performance IF anything, but I'm sure Jimmy would push for the interview.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2009, 03:53:32 AM »

I agree, I can't really envision Axl sitting down on the couch talking, even to a fan like Jimmy Fallon.  I'd expect just a performance IF anything, but I'm sure Jimmy would push for the interview.

Yes, but Axl said he would be speaking out about things over the next couple months.  Billboard has been one...so what's next? Why not on a late night show in which millions of people watch every night.  And on a show in which the the host likes your music?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2009, 09:11:07 AM »

Its Robert DeNiro  rofl
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2009, 09:46:45 AM »

Would be cool if GN'R pulled a White Stripes....

Every day for a week would be very cool. Nobody would expect Axl to do that, which is why it would cause massive attention if he did.....    Smiley

Stavanger-rock-city!!
helenluna
Rocker

Gimme some more!

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2009, 12:48:52 PM »

It could happen.  Not saying it will, but certainly could from a GNR fan like fallon. 

Here's what we have on our side..

1)  Jimmy is a big fan.
2)  GNR has already been rehearsing right? So their ready.
3)  Axl said a while back that things would eventually start up and he would be getting out.
4)  Axl usually seems to take care of people who are loyal fans. 

I agree with you totally. Fallon is a huge GnR kiss-ass so it only depends on the band accepting his invite. I'm sure if he has not invited them yet, he will.

GnR has appeared in late night shows in the 80's, I found some vids in YouTube but I don't have the links as I just download them. They were off this kind of media in the 90's because they didn't need promotion. I see no reason to decline such an opportunity now, other than business issues (we know how Axl's frequently got his hands tied because of biz problematics).

We all remember how GnR had its big (surprise) comeback at the VMAs and how people didn't confirm it until the last minute, referring to the big guest of the night as "them", "the band", or whatever mistery unknown band name they thought of. So we are not so delirious after all.

I'm getting on my knees now and praying this all is true.  ok

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2009, 01:25:15 PM »

Because he's claiming he'll have guests on his talk show, we're assuming that it could be GNR?? 

I hear that a band is releasing a new CD next week.  I wonder if it's the follow-up to Chi Dem?

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2009, 01:34:34 PM »

NEW YORK (AP) ? If Jimmy Fallon is nervous about the premiere of his new gig as "Late Night" host, he'll have show-biz heavyweights Robert De Niro and Van Morrison to lean on. They'll be the guests for Fallon's March 2 debut hosting the NBC late-night show.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iwOlPYFHKOuWJclDrV0zJdsRtnJgD96EO9A81

Its Robert DeNiro  rofl

people wouldn't listen. hihi

The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2009, 11:20:03 PM »

NEW YORK (AP) ? If Jimmy Fallon is nervous about the premiere of his new gig as "Late Night" host, he'll have show-biz heavyweights Robert De Niro and Van Morrison to lean on. They'll be the guests for Fallon's March 2 debut hosting the NBC late-night show.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iwOlPYFHKOuWJclDrV0zJdsRtnJgD96EO9A81

Its Robert DeNiro  rofl

people wouldn't listen. hihi

little did you know, Robert DeNiro is singing backing vocals for Axl and the gang much like Tracy and Roberta during the UYI tour  hihi

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2009, 12:27:39 AM »

Jimmy was asked about GNR appearing on his show in this video blog.  He says he'd love to have them on and loves the new album.  Of course, I think that goes without saying, but nonetheless.

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/blogs/2008/12/december-12th---ask-jimmy/

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2009, 09:13:40 PM »

Not that this means anything but I just noticed if you try to go to www.jimmyfallon.net it brings you to his artist page on Interscope's website.  I'm not sure if he's a musician or if that's just for his comedy CD's.  The same label as GNR though.  How about some cross promotion to help 2 of their clients?

uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2009, 08:05:06 PM »

there will be alot of ppl watching that show. Would be good for him and the band to get a buzz going and have a sit down and clair the air with jimmy on alot of things

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
kenwright79
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2009, 09:03:22 PM »

Probably New Kids on the Block! lol
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2009, 01:34:37 AM »

OMG! On Fallon's show tonight they talked about 'Atlas Shrugged' and 'Col' Sanders'

Buckethead MUST be rejoining GNR for an appearance on the show.  rofl

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: