Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:35:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Billboard Exclusive: Axl Rose Speaks
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Billboard Exclusive: Axl Rose Speaks  (Read 78476 times)
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #240 on: February 11, 2009, 03:04:18 PM »

Come on Jarmo, let's be reasonable here!!
I never had any intention in insult nobody, but you also have no right to be ironic with the people who disagree of your point of view.

I can be as ironic as I wish. Smiley

/jarmo

No, please stop with the irony, I can't handle it.  it's too much!

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #241 on: February 11, 2009, 03:21:29 PM »

Those pics from the actual magazine look sweet. I swear most publications seek out the worst possible pictures of "braid" Axl (usually from '02). He looks totally sweet and like the total fucking rockstar that he is.

my two cents on the on going discussion here regarding the ex-bandmates. All I know is, I am totally excited about the prospect of Axl working with Duff and/or Izzy again, along with any other alumni that he wants. I'm not looking for a reunion, but I think that certain alumni had an influence on the band playing certain types of songs, and while I don't want GNR to go backwards, I don't want them to forget their Bluesier roots either.

It would be my dream to have Axl having multiple projects (like 2) going, one that consisted of the new members with their new (totally awesome) sound, and another with some alumni that had a more traditional sound. I know it's impossible, but this is my dream senario people.
Julio Von Kummer
« Reply #242 on: February 11, 2009, 03:40:24 PM »

I never had any intention in insult nobody, but you also have no right to be ironic with the people who disagree of your point of view.

I have supported Axl as everybody here, but it doesn't seems that I would get everything from him.

Better get used to not getting everything you want.

It's called life.

/jarmo

Ok, so don't complain about insults, you'll get exactly what you give.
Or you will be a pussy again and ask me to go?  hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #243 on: February 11, 2009, 03:46:50 PM »

Pussy? That's what I think you are, pussy.

Nowhere did I insult you, you fucking moron.

Now, those are insults.

Maybe you can see the difference.

Next time you do it, will be the last.   hihi

You seem to be one of those martyrs who beg to be banned only to cry about the injustice.

"Ban me, I don't care. Fuck you, you pussy. Ass kisser!"

And then it's "They banned me because I disagreed  crying ".

Talk about pathetic.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 03:50:20 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Julio Von Kummer
« Reply #244 on: February 11, 2009, 04:14:42 PM »

Pussy? That's what I think you are, pussy.

Nowhere did I insult you, you fucking moron.

Now, those are insults.

Maybe you can see the difference.

Next time you do it, will be the last.   hihi

You seem to be one of those martyrs who beg to be banned only to cry about the injustice.

"Ban me, I don't care. Fuck you, you pussy. Ass kisser!"

And then it's "They banned me because I disagreed  crying ".

Talk about pathetic.

/jarmo

You're a real cock sucker son of a bitch!
You're not doing me any favor!!
Pathetic is acting like an Axl's whore just like you do.
You can ban me if you wish, I don't care you Pussy! ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #245 on: February 11, 2009, 04:17:26 PM »

Awww, you deleted yourself....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Layflats
Headliner

I'm not an idiot.

« Reply #246 on: February 11, 2009, 04:19:50 PM »

LOUD NOISES!

dude would have been even more hilarious if he went all caps.

Later Kummer.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 04:21:23 PM by Layflats » Logged

Chicago 11/15/11
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #247 on: February 11, 2009, 04:25:06 PM »

I have supported Axl as everybody here, but it doesn't seems that I would get everything from him.

It's called life.

/jarmo

Had to quote Jarmo for the absolute truth on this one!  ok

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #248 on: February 11, 2009, 10:06:07 PM »

What are you smoking?   Izzy and Duff haven't even come close to saying the crap slash has.

Mmm hmmmm.  After leaving GNR, Izzy gave a public interview in which he called Axl "a fucking redneck hayseed trailor trash son of a bitch", and also said that Axl was like Hitler.  Slash hasn't said anything near that bad.

Duff has generally been nicer to Axl.

Are you certain that slash is the originator of the 'axl wouldn't go' bs?

Dex didn't specify who, did he?

I read that Tom Zutaut told it in spin interview first.

Yes, Tom Zutaut was the first to mention it, in that very July 1999 issue of Spin.  HOWEVER -- Axl misquoted and misinterpreted it when addressing the issue.    They just said that GNR was looking at having to cancel the tour, and that the band was going to break up, if the "Axl owns the name" papers weren't signed.  That's different than being backstage and refusing to come out to perform unless the document was signed, which is what Axl was implying everyone said.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 03:01:06 AM by Bridge » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #249 on: February 11, 2009, 10:09:20 PM »

Arguing about GNR is serious fucking business! hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #250 on: February 11, 2009, 10:30:24 PM »

What an angry young man.

Ummm, anyway, on to other business.

Gypsy, I will head down to a big old newsstand tomorrow.  I checked a few supermarkets and pharmacies today, but they don't carry Billboard.  I can't wait to get my hands on this one!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #251 on: February 11, 2009, 11:27:33 PM »

Yes, Tom Zutaut was the first to mention it, in that very July 1999 issue of Spin.  HOWEVER -- Axl misquoted and misinterpreted it when addressing the issue.  No one (Slash included) ever said Axl was "holding fans hostage" as Axl claimed.  They just said that GNR was looking at having to cancel the tour, and that the band was going to break up, if the "Axl owns the name" papers weren't signed.  That's different than being backstage and refusing to come out to perform unless the document was signed, which is what Axl was implying everyone said.

That rumor has been going around for years.  Go look at Peter Wilkinson's story on Axl for RS in the Spring of 2000.  It states very clearly that Axl allegedly said something to the effect of "sign the papers or  I won't go on stage tonight." 

Bottom line is that it never happened.  Not because Axl said so, but for the reason he said, which was correct.  You can't force someone to sign a contract under duress and have that contract be legally enforceable.

Ali
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #252 on: February 12, 2009, 12:25:57 AM »

well i obviously dont know what Axl feels, but maybe he knows that his fight with Izzy was  "understandable" between friends, they were friends for long time ,  im not sure if Izzi told stories that were not true, "Axl is worst than hitler" is mean but its an opinion,i think Axl is so upset with Slash because he keeps telling untrue stories about him and the band.  i dont know who is right or wrong, but that seem to be the reason why Axl doesnt likes slash.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #253 on: February 12, 2009, 02:38:46 AM »

That rumor has been going around for years.  Go look at Peter Wilkinson's story on Axl for RS in the Spring of 2000.  It states very clearly that Axl allegedly said something to the effect of "sign the papers or  I won't go on stage tonight." 

Bottom line is that it never happened. 

Oh I believe that it never happened, not the way it was rumored (and yes I did know that rumor existed).  My point was that most of the people who spoke publicly about it (i.e. Slash) didn't say that Axl held the fans hostage.  On Behind the Music, Slash merely said "if we didn't sign that paper, the band was going to break up right then".  He didn't say anything about a crowd being out there waiting for them, nor did Tom Zutaut in the 1999 Spin article.

well i obviously dont know what Axl feels, but maybe he knows that his fight with Izzy was  "understandable" between friends, they were friends for long time ,  im not sure if Izzi told stories that were not true, "Axl is worst than hitler" is mean but its an opinion,

The exact Izzy quote in context was "The final straw was Axl, who was like Adolf.  He said my wages should be reduced because I didn't move about enough on stage.  What a dick."  Obviously, Izzy was describing why he left the band in that interview.  Izzy has spoken many times about Axl becoming a ruthless dictator once he "gained some power and started to get laid" (another direct quote), and it certainly hasn't been nice.  Izzy's statements overall towards Axl have been much harsher than Slash's or anyone else's.

i think Axl is so upset with Slash because he keeps telling untrue stories about him and the band.  i dont know who is right or wrong, but that seem to be the reason why Axl doesnt likes slash.

Well, that's certainly the difference between Izzy and Slash.  Izzy was merely expressing his opinion each time he slandered Axl.  Slash on the other hand -- Axl obviously feels Slash is spreading fallacies about him, so yes, the situation is different.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 02:46:50 AM by Bridge » Logged
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #254 on: February 12, 2009, 10:40:45 AM »

What I don't understand is, Duff, and Izzy have trashed Axl just as bad if not worse than Slash has, so why is it only Slash he wants nothing to do with?
I'm guessing "worse" is Slash broke the "ultimate code" ... once that line is crossed, you're (in this case, figuratively) dead.

trashing each other is just part of the game of life so that, in time and under the right circumstances, you can get beyond it (like with Izzy guesting on tour)

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Annie
« Reply #255 on: February 12, 2009, 10:52:09 AM »

Arguing about GNR is serious fucking business! hihi
So true!
What I don't understand is, Duff, and Izzy have trashed Axl just as bad if not worse than Slash has, so why is it only Slash he wants nothing to do with?
I'm guessing "worse" is Slash broke the "ultimate code" ... once that line is crossed, you're (in this case, figuratively) dead.

trashing each other is just part of the game of life so that, in time and under the right circumstances, you can get beyond it (like with Izzy guesting on tour)
Also true. ok
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #256 on: February 12, 2009, 10:53:28 AM »

It's called life.

/jarmo

Had to quote Jarmo for the absolute truth on this one!  ok

I've also heard "no one said it's fair"

In all seriousness though, you know whats funnier to me then all the bitching that goes on around here? The fact that people sign up for 2,3,4.... 10 different user names just to tell off a board and an admin they "don't care about".  hihi

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
H76
Headliner

Human Being

« Reply #257 on: February 12, 2009, 11:31:34 AM »

Slash leaving the band pretty much killed the old GNR. Everything fell apart after that. I can very well understand why that would be a sore spot for both of them.

Axl and Izzy go way back. At the end Duff was caught in the middle between Slash and Axl - so even back then Duff was closer to him than Slash.

Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul. ~ Wayne Dyer ~
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #258 on: February 12, 2009, 11:40:11 AM »

Slash leaving the band pretty much killed the old GNR. Everything fell apart after that. I can very well understand why that would be a sore spot for both of them.

Axl and Izzy go way back. At the end Duff was caught in the middle between Slash and Axl - so even back then Duff was closer to him than Slash.

IMO, that's got nothing to do with this.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Layflats
Headliner

I'm not an idiot.

« Reply #259 on: February 12, 2009, 11:51:50 AM »

IMO, that's got nothing to do with this.

IDK, there is an old saying that "blood runs thicker than water".  Axl and Izzy probably have more of that long lost brother relationship.  Izzy is a big reason Axl came to LA in the first place. From all accounts Axl and Slash were just bandmates. 

Chicago 11/15/11
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: