Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:32:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Billboard Exclusive: Axl Rose Speaks
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Billboard Exclusive: Axl Rose Speaks  (Read 78468 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #200 on: February 10, 2009, 03:00:20 AM »

Once you learn the reason(s) behind his decision, maybe you think for a second and realize that things aren't always that easy.

/jarmo

I dont' think thinking and D go very well together.  Sad
Juanjay
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #201 on: February 10, 2009, 03:23:15 AM »

The point is most albums don't have 6 singles. If you're talking about 6 singles being released, then you're talking about an above average album.
You're entitled to your opinion about the individual songs, but you have to realize that many people disagree with you. It seems that you're not a big fan of this bands sound on the more rock or louder tracks. That's fine but it's a very subjective opinion. I don't think most people who listen to this album decide they love half of it and hate the other half. You can't stand Better, but most fans and critics alike list it as a standout.

I agree about the difficulty in getting any money out of Universal, but an indie label is definitely not the answer. As a rule the smaller labels will work harder but have less resources, and the big labels have the resources but will only spend them on guaranteed returns. The way NIN does things may be pointing to the future, but i don't think it's here yet. I think you lose out on commercial potential that way. It's mostly profit, but the material never goes as far as it could.

Its really weird about the louder tracks as I love loud, fast, angst ridden music. I guess its weird to me because part of the album sounds dated to me and then the other part sounds timeless. Hard to explain.

I know people disagree with me on the music and that's great. I think its great people love the music as much as they do. Hopefully they can do what they need to with this album and they can make more music, go on more tours and all that good stuff. I respect all the blood sweat and tears they put into getting this ball rolling.

The big labels problems isn't just that they will only spend it on big returns, the other problem is they give every band that goes platinum these days their own imprint and A&R staff and let these jackoffs believe they can spot talent and bring bands up. But all we get is a clusterfuck of similar sounding shit. That's when the labels really really tanked.
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #202 on: February 10, 2009, 12:35:07 PM »

Axl, Duff and Izzy...that'd be fucking cool to hear a new song with them

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #203 on: February 10, 2009, 02:29:23 PM »

Years ago, Axl wasn;t interested in being with Izzy and now he has him on tour and maybe in a studio on the 3rd new GNR album (or 4th or something)?
Now, Axl is talking about being interested in collaborating with Duff (without fellow alumni) - (maybe on the 5th new GNR album)

Time is on the side of a GNR reunion. Maybe if Slash and Axl take a few years off from bashing each other in the media then they can resolve their pending issues and reunite musically (on the 15th new GNR album)

MNW

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #204 on: February 10, 2009, 02:49:50 PM »

Time is on the side of a GNR reunion. Maybe if Slash and Axl take a few years off from bashing each other in the media then they can resolve their pending issues and reunite musically (on the 15th new GNR album)

Did you read the interview?  Huh

Quote from: Axl to Billboard
Give me a fucking break. What's clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion and however sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is. Those decisions were made a long time ago and reiterated year after year by one man.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #205 on: February 10, 2009, 03:10:38 PM »

a few years? to my knowledges axl hadn't made any remark on slash or any of them for several years.

his talking about the maybe collaborations just shows he's basically rather lenient.

"but that's it, and not something I'd have to really get down into, as I'd get left with sorting it out and then blamed on top of it. So, no, not me."

I was wrong in thinking it finally silenced reunionists.  Undecided
Julio Von Kummer
« Reply #206 on: February 10, 2009, 03:18:08 PM »

Sure it isn't "ALL" Axl's fault, but u guys are acting as if he has NO fault, and I don't understand that.

There's a lot of things I don't understand. Like how you can claim 75% of the guitars suck on the album.

But, anyway... The whole "no fault" thing is silly.

Everybody makes decisions based on something.

So Axl chose not to promote the album as you had hoped. Of course, without knowing any reason(s), you (as in a group of people) can just do your usual "Axl didn't do anything to promote the album, it's his fault" routine.

Once you learn the reason(s) behind his decision, maybe you think for a second and realize that things aren't always that easy.

/jarmo

I get your point Jarmo, but everybody was expecting a major promote for the album, don't you?
All I can see about Axl is pure selfish attitude...Is the label money the only reason for him to get in tour?
He doesn't show any consideration for us whose have supported and waited this album for so long...at least could him tell us who Guns N' Roses are?
I doubt That you are knowing much more than we do about Axl's reasons and you insist in justify his careless attitude.Pathetic!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #207 on: February 10, 2009, 03:43:26 PM »

Guns N' Roses are on the album.

You finally got what you'd waited for and now why the fuss?
H76
Headliner

Human Being

« Reply #208 on: February 10, 2009, 04:05:43 PM »

Sure it isn't "ALL" Axl's fault, but u guys are acting as if he has NO fault, and I don't understand that.

There's a lot of things I don't understand. Like how you can claim 75% of the guitars suck on the album.

So Axl chose not to promote the album as you had hoped. Of course, without knowing any reason(s), you (as in a group of people) can just do your usual "Axl didn't do anything to promote the album, it's his fault" routine.

/jarmo

I get your point Jarmo, but everybody was expecting a major promote for the album, don't you?
All I can see about Axl is pure selfish attitude...Is the label money the only reason for him to get in tour?
He doesn't show any consideration for us whose have supported and waited this album for so long...at least could him tell us who Guns N' Roses are?
I doubt That you are knowing much more than we do about Axl's reasons and you insist in justify his careless attitude.Pathetic!

So you are saying that Axl is selfish because he does not live up to your expectations is he.. ?  Wink

Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul. ~ Wayne Dyer ~
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #209 on: February 10, 2009, 04:09:35 PM »

/jarmo

You are out of your mind my man. They tour, you get an album, interview with billboard, q&a with online sites and you're still bitching? WTF lol. They will tour again, but they are not going to say shit untill it's set in stone cuz if something change, you get pissed.

And you know who's in the band and you know who's on the record so what is your problem? If you're refering to robin, that has been answerd.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #210 on: February 10, 2009, 04:14:57 PM »

You mean like coming to the fan message boards and answer questions?

By the way, you don't have to wait anymore. The album was released in November 2008.  ok

What's pathetic is people who want Axl to change to suit their needs/lives. People who feel "owed".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #211 on: February 10, 2009, 04:16:23 PM »

at least could him tell us who Guns N' Roses are?

There's a wonderful section on this website called "biographies."

Spend some time getting to know Guns N' Roses.
H76
Headliner

Human Being

« Reply #212 on: February 10, 2009, 04:30:01 PM »

a few years? to my knowledges axl hadn't made any remark on slash or any of them for several years.

his talking about the maybe collaborations just shows he's basically rather lenient.

"but that's it, and not something I'd have to really get down into, as I'd get left with sorting it out and then blamed on top of it. So, no, not me."

I was wrong in thinking it finally silenced reunionists.  Undecided

Now I know why Axl kept his mouth shut all these years..if he says white, tomorrow it will turn into gray and day after that it'll be black.  no The man was just trying to be nice about it. Axl said it as clearly as he could: "one of the two of us will die before a reunion and however sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is." If that for someone is a sign of a reunion then I don't know what isn't - maybe VR finding a new vocalist in some time in the future is also a part of a reunion plan..  Grin
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 04:41:42 PM by H76 » Logged

Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul. ~ Wayne Dyer ~
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #213 on: February 10, 2009, 09:18:24 PM »

rofl  slash is sickening!  gotta love axl man.  that guy just tells it like it is, and doesn't give a fuck what anybody thinks.  god bless him.

and universal can serioiusly go to hell.  just like the members of the press, they have worked their hardest to sabotage axl and tear him down.  i don't think there's much i hate in this world, but i officially hate universal (domestic, not international who did a good job).

I took that comment to mean that he finds it sickening that some "fans" would want him to reunite with Slash for their entertainment regardless of the history between the two men.

Ali

That's exactly what it meant... it's especially obvious since saying Axl did NOT say "Slash is sickening" -- that was a misquote by flaungun.  Axl elaborately explained that the fact that some people put their entertainment desires ahead of others' personal feelings is sickening.  It's very cut and dry, and obvious what he meant.

Personally, I'm surprised as hell that Axl said he'd consider working with Duff here and there again.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #214 on: February 10, 2009, 10:26:48 PM »

Here's the pics* they used in the hardcopy of the mag.

*The only photographer credit I see is for ERIK WARD/RETNA on the second pic.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #215 on: February 10, 2009, 11:09:28 PM »

read the interview again.  he said no more than one alumni at a time.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #216 on: February 10, 2009, 11:37:11 PM »

What I don't understand is, Duff, and Izzy have trashed Axl just as bad if not worse than Slash has, so why is it only Slash he wants nothing to do with?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Julio Von Kummer
« Reply #217 on: February 10, 2009, 11:49:30 PM »

You mean like coming to the fan message boards and answer questions?

By the way, you don't have to wait anymore. The album was released in November 2008.  ok

What's pathetic is people who want Axl to change to suit their needs/lives. People who feel "owed".

/jarmo

Do you really think that for him to come in a message board and answer a couple of questions is a big deal? Is this a such great way to promote an album?
Bullshit!
All of this is too small for Guns N' Roses and doesn't mean a shit!
I don't wanna know about old Guns, Slash or anything from the past...

As all we know, every single band get on tour when release a brand new album.
Why is so difficult to Axl?
That's only what I'm asking for!

Pathetic is suck Axl's ass like some people in this message board use to do!

Julio Von Kummer
« Reply #218 on: February 11, 2009, 12:03:54 AM »

at least could him tell us who Guns N' Roses are?

There's a wonderful section on this website called "biographies."

Spend some time getting to know Guns N' Roses.

Yeah, I know that your stupid bitch! rant
I'm with Guns for much more time you're alive and yes, a couple of years ago I used to know exactly who's in the band or not...        
but currently seems that even Axl doesn't know that.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #219 on: February 11, 2009, 12:07:09 AM »

Do you really think that for him to come in a message board and answer a couple of questions is a big deal?

Yes, a very big deal.

Ask most sensible fans and they'll tell you the same.

He answered the fans' questions instead of talking to the usual journalists.

All of this is too small for Guns N' Roses and doesn't mean a shit!

It meant a lot to many fans.

As all we know, every single band get on tour when release a brand new album.

Who said they won't tour? If you read the article this thread is about, Axl mentions "tour cycles".

By the way, if you're gonna keep posting insults aimed at posters here, I suggest you log out.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: