Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:35:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Billboard Exclusive: Axl Rose Speaks
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Billboard Exclusive: Axl Rose Speaks  (Read 78476 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #120 on: February 06, 2009, 11:04:05 PM »

Some insight to the album.  I think though the highroad could have been taken.  And there still seems to be zero accountablility.  At least he was honest, I respect that.
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #121 on: February 06, 2009, 11:10:54 PM »

Very interesting interview.

It's about time something is said about how poor this record company has been to Guns n' roses.

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #122 on: February 06, 2009, 11:12:17 PM »

Some insight to the album.  I think though the highroad could have been taken.  And there still seems to be zero accountablility.  At least he was honest, I respect that.

Your medicine doesn't taste so sweet now, does it?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #123 on: February 06, 2009, 11:14:13 PM »

What?  Axl is one of the most brilliant singers ever.... That wasn't a very "brilliant" interview.  Its about on Scott Weiland level of interviews.  But, he was honest. He honestly doesn't like his record company, has no plans to tour, focus is Chinese Democracy, and will never play with Slash again.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #124 on: February 06, 2009, 11:17:04 PM »

I think though the highroad could have been taken.

Why should the high road be taken regarding parties who haven't shown the same courtesy?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #125 on: February 06, 2009, 11:36:44 PM »

What?  Axl is one of the most brilliant singers ever.... That wasn't a very "brilliant" interview.  Its about on Scott Weiland level of interviews.  But, he was honest. He honestly doesn't like his record company, has no plans to tour, focus is Chinese Democracy, and will never play with Slash again.

Why should the high road be taken regarding parties who haven't shown the same courtesy?

Your boy trashed Axl and forever damaged his reputation for close to ten years.

Only since 2007 did he start taking the high road.

Now, it's Axl's turn.  Let the games begin.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #126 on: February 06, 2009, 11:39:43 PM »

and what are these games Huh
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #127 on: February 06, 2009, 11:41:30 PM »

Good to hear from Uncle Axl on his birthday.  ok

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #128 on: February 06, 2009, 11:56:00 PM »

Is that how 47 year olds should act?  What about "turn the other cheek"?  Kidding. 
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #129 on: February 06, 2009, 11:58:51 PM »

Because its the bigger thing to do.  I really don't care, just rather hear about the new album and stuff like that... I thought Axl wouldn't "talk about the old band"..... Just proves to me he is no different that the people that talked shit about him really.  I like Axl and I like CD, so it doesn't really matter to me about that, I just call it like I see it.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2009, 12:01:51 AM »

Because its the bigger thing to do.  I really don't care, just rather hear about the new album and stuff like that... I thought Axl wouldn't "talk about the old band"..... Just proves to me he is no different that the people that talked shit about him really.  I like Axl and I like CD, so it doesn't really matter to me about that, I just call it like I see it.
Didn't Billboard e-mail him the questions to be answered?  I don't think Axl constructed the interview and questioning on his own.  And let's face it, ALL interviews Axl will do in the future will deal with Slash and the old members to some extent.  There's no escaping that.  Unless Axl refused to answer, but then people would call him a bitch for not answering. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #131 on: February 07, 2009, 01:23:13 AM »

The question was asked by Billboard about Slash or else he wouldn't of said anything regarding him ! Slash is a piece of shit ! go save a elphant you washed up stuck in the 80's guitarist.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Principessa
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #132 on: February 07, 2009, 01:42:17 AM »

Very interesting interview.

It's about time something is said about how poor this record company has been to Guns n' roses.

Yes. It is really ironic that GN'R "fuck you" image was created by Universal, who later turned on the band, blaming the very image that they had a hand in creating.

Just out of interest:

Body of Lies?  Universal Film?

The Wrestler? Independent Film?

Interview With A Vampire - Warners...

Terminator 2: Judgement Day?

« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 03:51:29 AM by Principessa » Logged

...and I Do
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #133 on: February 07, 2009, 02:01:50 AM »

Axl is shown in this interview as being the smart one.  The record company is stupid not to push the album ! no wonder CD sales r slumping ! give the real artist who make real music the promotion not some nobody who has a pretty face.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
helenluna
Rocker

Gimme some more!

« Reply #134 on: February 07, 2009, 02:11:33 AM »

You know what I love about all this? Is the dieying thing Axl said. So radical but so true.

Maybe some of us (and even Axl) are picturing them both being locked together in a room.
Ultimate fighting, MMA!
Only one would be left alive or both would kill each other. So we'd end this reunion talk once and for all!

I surely want Axl to live out  Wink
And I'm sick and tired of reunion talk.

MattyJam
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #135 on: February 07, 2009, 03:25:58 AM »

Why on earth didn't the record company want a music video to accompany the albums release? This is one of the most anticipated releases in recent history (I knew about this album being made long before I was into GN'R)... and they don't think it's a good idea to commission a video to help promote it?

What kind of shitty-ass label are they running over there?
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #136 on: February 07, 2009, 03:29:36 AM »

Why on earth didn't the record company want a music video to accompany the albums release? This is one of the most anticipated releases in recent history (I knew about this album being made long before I was into GN'R)... and they don't think it's a good idea to commission a video to help promote it?

Considering GnR had the biggest debut week of 2008 for their label, you would think that Interscope would have considered promoting the album more but with the non-existent post-release promotion, specifically the lack of push for Better, they clearly didn't give a damn
MattyJam
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #137 on: February 07, 2009, 03:40:42 AM »

Considering GnR had the biggest debut week of 2008 for their label, you would think that Interscope would have considered promoting the album more but with the non-existent post-release promotion, specifically the lack of push for Better, they clearly didn't give a damn

I swear it's an ageist thing. Older artists never get airplay, videos shown etc by mainstream media. Look at Prince, Tori Amos... pretty much any act over 40 (barring Madonna).

I think labels view well-established acts as an easy money maker. They don't have to promote them because they know they have a fanbase already waiting to buy the record.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 03:43:06 AM by MattyJam » Logged
waxlrick
« Reply #138 on: February 07, 2009, 07:41:52 AM »

I hope the next interview Axl gives goes into the detail behind the meaning of the songs. I am already getting sick of this he said/she said legal shit about record companies and band members.

It's always gonna be Axl vs the rest of the world. We get that now. I would like to see the journo's ask more questions about the music and the creative process.e.t.c.
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #139 on: February 07, 2009, 07:47:03 AM »

I like CD, I certainly don't think it is the greatest album ever made and I still would take Appetite and the Illusions over it. That doesn't mean I am not a fan.

Oh, sorry. I just thought you didn't like the guitars, the drums or bass on it....

hihi

/jarmo

no that isn't what I said. I said I like the guitars on songs not named Catcher or This I Love.  I just don't like IRS period... Riad is ok..

The drum thing to clarify is:

On Appetite and like Metallica and Motley Crue albums, the drums are in the forefront and are an instrument used to really get the groove and song going.

on CD, the drums are used more as an accompanying tool. There is nothing wrong with that, Drums are normally  just percussion to keep the beat add to the song etc etc

on CD, people are making the drumming out to be like John Bonham rose from the grave or something and I just don't hear it.

for me, it sounds like standard, normal drumming u would hear on 99 percent of music.

the drums don't have any significant, rocket Queen, Paradise City, YCBM, Locomotive lead to them

the drums on CD keep the beat and are sort of low in the mix for the most part but they aren't what u would call "Featured"

I think the drums are kinda "featured" in songs like Scraped and Prostitute.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: