Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:09:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Metallica make offer to tour with Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica make offer to tour with Guns N' Roses  (Read 81431 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #260 on: January 30, 2009, 04:56:25 PM »

I don't know who are exactly  in the killers, metellica and other bands  in this thread . Embarrassed
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #261 on: January 30, 2009, 07:47:02 PM »

Metallica/Guns N' Roses/Nine Inch Nails would be cool for a tour. Three 90 minutes sets smoking

fuck that.  there's no way axl will ever share a stage with trent reznor.  he's the piece of shit that stole finck away and broke up the greatest frontman/lead guitarist combo of a generation.  trent reznor is probably the reason axl isn't touring this very minute.

lets not carried away hihi "the greatest frontman/lead guitarist combo of a generation"

I can apprciate your enthusiasm but I think Dexter himself would say thats a stretch ok

its all a matter of opinion.    stop flaming people for not sharing your narrow minded its still 1987 views. rant

i'm not, but the fact is Fink has 1 songwriting credit on the album.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that ""the greatest frontman/lead guitarist combo of a generation" should have more than one song written between the two of them in that generation.  Don't let the username fool you, I like this album more than anything VR's done.  The composition, performance, lyrics and vocals are far superior to Contraband or Libertad. Shocked
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #262 on: January 30, 2009, 07:54:21 PM »

i agree.  my opinion of finck is better now since cd was released.  i was pleasantly surprised cause i hate his live playing - especially his solos. 

you have obviously watched too many live footage from 2000-2002 and not enough 2006.

actually i have seen plenty of 2006 and he still is poopoo live.  everyone should use the restroom and go get a drink while he plays his solos - at least then half the audience wouldn't be sleeping by the end of the solo.

I disagree by 100%. I think Robin is a bad ass on guitar. I'm really hoping to see him with GNR again one day.

I disagree, he is expendable and I would gladly step in and mop the floor with his ass on guitar.  Nice guy?  Sure.  Real rock player?  No way.  Bucket on the other hand, BADASS.  Finck is the only GNR player in the history of GNR that I actually thought I was better than.  HA.

See now I find Bucket to be embarrassing. I don't need some clown in a costume doing robot dances and flinging nunchuck's around at a GNR show.

Yeah, i think Bucket scared people at the shows hihi
Though he is pretty sick on guitar and writes better than I originally thought now that the album's come out and you know what he played and co-wrote.  That being said, I hate what he did to some of the solo's off AFD as some were pretty unrecognizable during the 02 tour, from what I've seen of online snippets.
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #263 on: January 30, 2009, 09:02:27 PM »

i agree.  my opinion of finck is better now since cd was released.  i was pleasantly surprised cause i hate his live playing - especially his solos. 

you have obviously watched too many live footage from 2000-2002 and not enough 2006.

actually i have seen plenty of 2006 and he still is poopoo live.  everyone should use the restroom and go get a drink while he plays his solos - at least then half the audience wouldn't be sleeping by the end of the solo.

I disagree by 100%. I think Robin is a bad ass on guitar. I'm really hoping to see him with GNR again one day.

I disagree, he is expendable and I would gladly step in and mop the floor with his ass on guitar.  Nice guy?  Sure.  Real rock player?  No way.  Bucket on the other hand, BADASS.  Finck is the only GNR player in the history of GNR that I actually thought I was better than.  HA.

See now I find Bucket to be embarrassing. I don't need some clown in a costume doing robot dances and flinging nunchuck's around at a GNR show.

Yeah, i think Bucket scared people at the shows hihi
Though he is pretty sick on guitar and writes better than I originally thought now that the album's come out and you know what he played and co-wrote.  That being said, I hate what he did to some of the solo's off AFD as some were pretty unrecognizable during the 02 tour, from what I've seen of online snippets.

yeah, i agree - finck fucked up a lot of afd solos back then too!!  much better last tour though

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #264 on: January 30, 2009, 09:17:10 PM »

FINCK RULES! but...isnt this another topic?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #265 on: January 30, 2009, 09:35:41 PM »

FINCK RULES! but...isnt this another topic?

Yes, this is not the right thread for that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #266 on: January 30, 2009, 09:42:12 PM »

I don't think there's anything wrong with having opening acts from different genres. It can be quite refreshing actually.

A guess a similar effect could be had by playing a festival that isn't your ordinary metal festival.

Like Coachella for example.

/jarmo
i agree with u on that it just makes the experence that much more exciting

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
crayallica
Headliner

« Reply #267 on: February 01, 2009, 03:04:57 AM »

I just got home from the Metallica show, awesome 2 plus hour set ending at 11:15. Even though that would be Axl's happy time to hit the stage, trying to follow that act with his current lineup would be a recipe for disaster.

The musical directions are just too diffferent at this time.

age 37....volume always at 10
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #268 on: February 01, 2009, 08:34:31 AM »

I just got home from the Metallica show, awesome 2 plus hour set ending at 11:15. Even though that would be Axl's happy time to hit the stage, trying to follow that act with his current lineup would be a recipe for disaster.

went last night also. awesome show and metallica will blow the doors off gnr on stage right now. last night could have been one of the best shows i've seen in years.
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #269 on: February 01, 2009, 08:44:27 AM »

went last night also. awesome show and metallica will blow the doors off gnr on stage right now. last night could have been one of the best shows i've seen in years.

Can't agree with you mate. I went to a Metallica show in the summer. I suppose the setlist is pretty much the same and I do think that GN'R will blow them off. Of course, I cannot prove that, noone can, only time will show.

Don't get me wrong, I love Metallica, but I prefer GN'R show only.

"...It don't really matter..."
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #270 on: February 01, 2009, 08:45:46 AM »

last nights setlist

That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Ride The Lightning
For Whom the Bell Tolls
One
Broken, Beat And Scarred
Cyanide
Sad But True
...And Justice For All
All Nightmare Long
The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Battery
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
- - - - - - - -
Blitzkrieg
Hit The Lights
Seek and Destroy
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #271 on: February 01, 2009, 08:52:19 AM »

last nights setlist

That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Ride The Lightning
For Whom the Bell Tolls
One
Broken, Beat And Scarred
Cyanide
Sad But True
...And Justice For All
All Nightmare Long
The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Battery
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
- - - - - - - -
Blitzkrieg
Hit The Lights
Seek and Destroy

More or less the same with not  that much new songs.

"...It don't really matter..."
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #272 on: February 01, 2009, 09:48:05 AM »

metallica blow the doors off of gnr?  yeah right.  keep dreaming.  i love metallica but they have failed to grow and challenge themsleves to reach new heights like gnr has done.  i think the crowds will be happy to hear metallica be the same old metallica, but they will react with amazement and wonderment at gnr's bold new directions.
crayallica
Headliner

« Reply #273 on: February 01, 2009, 10:46:50 AM »

last nights setlist

That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Ride The Lightning
For Whom the Bell Tolls
One
Broken, Beat And Scarred
Cyanide
Sad But True
...And Justice For All
All Nightmare Long
The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Battery
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
- - - - - - - -
Blitzkrieg
Hit The Lights
Seek and Destroy

More or less the same with not  that much new songs.

That is 6 of 18 songs from the new CD. With nothing from the 3 prior records, so they skipped a 15 year stretch of material.

And Axl skipped 15 years entirely, so maybe it is a fit. I am a huge fan of both bands.

But I just saw Metallica OWN a sold out arena on their terms with an awesome stage set.

Axl OWNED the tiny Hammerstein Ballroom when I went in 2006. Now I want to see GNR embrace the best of their entire catalog and blow away the same arena ( Prudential Center ) with a stage set just for them.

age 37....volume always at 10
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #274 on: February 01, 2009, 11:00:20 AM »

Ive seen Metallica once and GNR 3 times.

Perhaps people who have seen both bands more often can answer.

But Axl seems to have his vocals way down in the mix....perhaps he's slightly insecure??? Whereas the 1 time I saw Metallica James's vocals were high in the mix despite the music being more 'powerful'......Always seemed strange to me as GNRs strong point ( well the strongeEST point) is the vocal line/melody)

I love early metallica....though as a side note they lost theyre best songwriter and musician in Dave Mustaine.....but the idea of seeing both bands now would appeal. I cant see how they could resolve the problems that came up first time around, as the problematic behaviour hasnt altered.

The only scenario is if both bands had a 90 minute limit and GNR opened on a co headlining bill....which simply wont happen. I cant see Metallica being willing to risk more riots.....but then they are sellouts nowadays, so if the money is right who knows.
Axl god love him....I doubt he'd be so willing .
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #275 on: February 01, 2009, 03:17:25 PM »

i love metallica but they have failed to grow and challenge themsleves to reach new heights like gnr has done.
Thats all Metallica HAS done their entire career, and they have remained the biggest band in the world.   GnR is at new heights?  Since when?  It seems that there are a lot of bitter GnR fans around here when it comes to Metallica. I dont get it.  Is it because Metallica took the reigns and ran with them to new hights when GnR dropped off the radar?  Both bands are great.  You are allowed to enjoy both, and most people do.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #276 on: February 01, 2009, 03:28:44 PM »

i love metallica but they have failed to grow and challenge themsleves to reach new heights like gnr has done.
Thats all Metallica HAS done their entire career, and they have remained the biggest band in the world.   GnR is at new heights?  Since when?  It seems that there are a lot of bitter GnR fans around here when it comes to Metallica. I dont get it.  Is it because Metallica took the reigns and ran with them to new hights when GnR dropped off the radar?  Both bands are great.  You are allowed to enjoy both, and most people do.

Commerical success has nothing to do with quality. So I would assume the poster meant that GNR is at new heights creatively since the release of Chinese Democracy.

As far as Metallica goes, I'd say that just because they released a commercially popular retread of their older material doesn't make them any "better" then GNR.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #277 on: February 01, 2009, 03:59:22 PM »

Commerical success has nothing to do with quality. So I would assume the poster meant that GNR is at new heights creatively since the release of Chinese Democracy.

As far as Metallica goes, I'd say that just because they released a commercially popular retread of their older material doesn't make them any "better" then GNR.

I know that commercial success isnt the measuring stick for quality. But as great as CD is, its not "new heights" for GnR by any definition. Its a new direction maybe. Buts its no great "creative" jump from AFD or UYI.   
   Also, Death Magnetic is in no way a "retread" of older material. They embraced some of the aspects of past material, sure.  Longer songs, more thrash elements, more instrumental aspects to songs, etc. But its not a retread of Master of Puppets by a long shot. Death Magnetic brings elements from post-Black album work, just as much as "old Metallica" work.  Death Magnetic is a progression from past work, thats all. Saying its a retread is just a cop-out.
   I love both bands. I NEVER said Metallica was "better" than GnR. GnR is by far my favorite band.  And I do believe that Chinese Democracy is a lot better than Death Magnetic.  My previous post was just commenting on why some GnR fans are so bitter towards Metallica, thats all.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #278 on: February 01, 2009, 04:27:10 PM »

so what band made a "great creative" jump?  Huh

they have remained the biggest band in the world.

I hear in some country Death Magnetic has sold like half as much as cd has.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #279 on: February 01, 2009, 05:41:26 PM »

Metallica have their own thread in Bad Obsession.

That's where your reviews should be posted.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 06:12:13 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: