Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:18:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Metallica make offer to tour with Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica make offer to tour with Guns N' Roses  (Read 81450 times)
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #240 on: January 29, 2009, 01:14:23 AM »

Metallica is my #3 band.

But I don't want GN'R to have anything to do with them or their meathead fans.

Yeah?  Well Metallica's "meathead" fans weren't the ones rioting and destroying venues the last time the two bands toured together.

Fuck you James Hetfield! He is a frustrated poser himself. I don't need to see childish Metallica touring with Gunners. I just want Gunners!

I really find it humorous to call Metallica (or anyone) childish in the topical presence of Axl Rose.  That other comment was laughable too...the notion that Axl should make James apologize before allowing them to open for him?  Firstly, Axl should be the one apologizing to Metallica for all of his 1990s antics which disrupted their mutual tour back then.  Secondly, Axl would need Metallica more than they need him.  These days, they sell more records and tickets.  So it wouldn't exactly be a huge "privilege" for Metallica to be "allowed" to open for Axl.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 01:27:59 AM by Bridge » Logged
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #241 on: January 29, 2009, 02:04:53 AM »

Metallica is my #3 band.

Yeah?  Well Metallica's "meathead" fans weren't the ones rioting and destroying venues the last time the two bands toured together.

GN'R fans aren't exactly a bunch of intellectuals either...
wadey
Legend

« Reply #242 on: January 29, 2009, 04:10:07 AM »

Metallica is my #3 band.

slightly off topic.......but i read somwhere that people who listen to rock / metal tend to be rather intelligent as opposed to those who listen to pop / dance / r&b / etc etc etc ill try to find the article for you

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #243 on: January 29, 2009, 05:30:21 AM »

Metallica is my #3 band.

slightly off topic.......but i read somwhere that people who listen to rock / metal tend to be rather intelligent as opposed to those who listen to pop / dance / r&b / etc etc etc ill try to find the article for you

Makes sence imo.  hihi

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #244 on: January 29, 2009, 05:48:39 AM »

Metallica is my #3 band.

Of course.  We have a lot of posters here who come off as intelligent.  But if you go to some other site that may or may not be dedicated to Guns N' Roses, you get a different feeling.

My first Guns show was at the Inland Invasion.  You know, the show where people started fires in various locations and started throwing bottles and other debris at other fans and toward the stage.  And throughout the day, I witnessed so many things I would rather not mention. 

Sure, listeners of Yes and Pink Floyd are bound to drive up the percentage of "smart" rockers.

But when I go to a rock show, I check out my surroundings and ask myself how so many apes could have possibly swindled their employers into giving them jobs.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #245 on: January 29, 2009, 09:42:27 AM »

My first Guns show was at the Inland Invasion.  You know, the show where people started fires in various locations and started throwing bottles and other debris at other fans and toward the stage. 

That's what happens when the powers to be play a My Chemical Romance video on repeat for an hour hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #246 on: January 29, 2009, 09:43:19 AM »

My first Guns show was at the Inland Invasion.  You know, the show where people started fires in various locations and started throwing bottles and other debris at other fans and toward the stage. 

That's what happens when the powers to be play a My Chemical Romance video on repeat for an hour hihi

I was worried for your safety.  I was expecting you and your dad to land in my section at any moment's notice.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #247 on: January 29, 2009, 09:45:52 AM »

I was worried for your safety.  I was expecting you and your dad to land in my section at any moment's notice.

Your voice after the show was completely shot! Twas like you'd been a carton a day smoker for life hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #248 on: January 29, 2009, 09:47:47 AM »

Your voice after the show was completely shot! Twas like you'd been a carton a day smoker for life hihi

No shit, Sherlock.  I was shrieking like a little girl when Axl took the stage.  He's so hawt.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #249 on: January 29, 2009, 09:55:30 AM »

Do you think Metallica would ever tour with GN'R without the "original" line up besides Lars, Of course?
As I have stated, I would love it but could you ever really see it happening?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #250 on: January 29, 2009, 10:07:35 AM »

why would the lineup matter to metallica?

Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #251 on: January 29, 2009, 10:15:49 AM »

WONT HAPPEN  no
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #252 on: January 29, 2009, 10:17:43 AM »

Didn't one of the 'tallica members say they'd be keen to tour with the traditional line up of Guns?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #253 on: January 29, 2009, 12:00:45 PM »

Didn't one of the 'tallica members say they'd be keen to tour with the traditional line up of Guns?

peace

I didn't see the comment.
why they'd be keen to tour with the old lineup?
I don't get it.

If they like the ex members they can always tour with them. But they haven't, have they?

And they like cd a lot.

GIMH
Opening Act

« Reply #254 on: January 29, 2009, 03:31:06 PM »

The Killers are certainly bigger than GNR here in the UK, and also attract a different audience. When I saw Motley Crue last, in 07, they had Papa Roach. That sort of band (not necessarily a nu-metal one) would be the best bet for GNR, one they have actually influenced, as the support act will be more into it and I dunno, I sensed a real vibe for Papa Roach at that Crue gig because peopel could tell how chuffed Jacoby was to be supporting one of his fave bands (GNR being another favourite of his, of course).

It's not because The Killers are more popular than Gnr at the moment that it means they are bigger than GnR.  Guns n' Roses are a legend, The Killers are just a popular band at the time. I hope they will get legendary too, because I really like them. I don't see why this would be impossible. Both bands could benefit from this. GnR can tour with a polular band of this time (= bigger audience + 'possibly' new fans) and The Killers can tour with a big all time band (will improve their status). On top of that Axl likes The Killers.

Papa Roach I saw 10 years ago opening for Aerosmith. They seemd quite boring than. Although I am not in a fair position to judge them 'cause I haven't heard anything from them since then.

The Killers are selling more records, and I'd imagine would sell more tickets. That makes them bigger currently IMO, of course if we went on all-time status then no, they aren't as big. But being big in the past isn't really relevant when you're discussing whether one band would open for another.

Then again, I guess Guns were probably bigger than the Stones when they opened for them? And I remember Oasis opening for U2 when they were the biggest band in the world.

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #255 on: January 29, 2009, 04:03:42 PM »

slightly off topic.......but i read somwhere that people who listen to rock / metal tend to be rather intelligent as opposed to those who listen to pop

I believe it, but that's not what my initial post meant.  I was referring to the maturity and behavior of the fans in questions rather than their intelligence.  Insulting Metallica fans by calling them "meatheads" (or anything else) in the comparitive face of Guns N Roses fans is rather hypocritical given the fact that GNR fans were the ones rioting and tearing up the inside and outside of venues.  That doesn't have to do with their intelligence, but their maturity and self-control.
Uzi76
Headliner

Despite everything, all is beautiful

« Reply #256 on: January 30, 2009, 03:33:17 AM »

The Killers are certainly bigger than GNR here in the UK, and also attract a different audience. When I saw Motley Crue last, in 07, they had Papa Roach. That sort of band (not necessarily a nu-metal one) would be the best bet for GNR, one they have actually influenced, as the support act will be more into it and I dunno, I sensed a real vibe for Papa Roach at that Crue gig because peopel could tell how chuffed Jacoby was to be supporting one of his fave bands (GNR being another favourite of his, of course).

It's not because The Killers are more popular than Gnr at the moment that it means they are bigger than GnR.  Guns n' Roses are a legend, The Killers are just a popular band at the time. I hope they will get legendary too, because I really like them. I don't see why this would be impossible. Both bands could benefit from this. GnR can tour with a polular band of this time (= bigger audience + 'possibly' new fans) and The Killers can tour with a big all time band (will improve their status). On top of that Axl likes The Killers.

Papa Roach I saw 10 years ago opening for Aerosmith. They seemd quite boring than. Although I am not in a fair position to judge them 'cause I haven't heard anything from them since then.

The Killers are selling more records, and I'd imagine would sell more tickets. That makes them bigger currently IMO, of course if we went on all-time status then no, they aren't as big. But being big in the past isn't really relevant when you're discussing whether one band would open for another.

Then again, I guess Guns were probably bigger than the Stones when they opened for them? And I remember Oasis opening for U2 when they were the biggest band in the world.

Exactly. When it comes down to who is opening for who that always depends on status, not on current sales.

(That's why Guns n' Roses will never open for Metallica... Wink)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 03:35:35 AM by Uzi76 » Logged

Remember in this game we call life that noone said it's fair.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #257 on: January 30, 2009, 03:58:11 AM »

Exactly. When it comes down to who is opening for who that always depends on status, not on current sales.

(That's why Guns n' Roses will never open for Metallica... Wink)

yes but Metallica is not a relatively new band like the Killers who is just outselling Guns N Roses at the moment...Metallica has been around LONGER than Guns N Roses and have been selling millions of records and selling out stadiums/arenas on a routine basis for the last 25 years, not to mention they just got inducted into the hall of fame..Metallica is far and above the "bigger" band...now does "bigger" mean "better" or course not...Guns N Roses are still the BETTER band...."Death Magnetic" sold more copies in the first 2 days than "Chinese Democracy" sold in over 2 months., and it is currently higher on the charts than "Democracy" despite being out for over 2 months longer.....But while "DM" is a good album, "CD" BLOWS it away in my opinion...Bigger doesnt always mean better...and this is a perfect example...

Uzi76
Headliner

Despite everything, all is beautiful

« Reply #258 on: January 30, 2009, 04:01:52 AM »

I absolutely agree with you.
I was just being a bit tongue in cheek saying that Gunners will never open Metallica.
They won't. Never.

Remember in this game we call life that noone said it's fair.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #259 on: January 30, 2009, 02:34:17 PM »

Before GNR does any touring (if they want bigger audiences-which create a better atmosphere and result in more money) they themselves need to promote this album and the new band. 

The majority of people out their don't even know who is in the band.  Axl should address this and many other things at some point (like I think he will).  Lets face it, letting people in, creates a bigger interest.  Playing live on a few  shows and giving a couple interviews will help this tramendously.  Also, a lot of people still don't even know the album is out.

Millions of people don't shop in the music section at Best Buy,  or listen to the local rock station that might play new GNR once or twice a day. These same people might not play Rock Band and Im sure many more millions of people don't wait till the end credits of a movie to hear a song and if they do, certainly don't wait longer to figure out who is singing.

Now im not saying these are bad promotional outlets (there good!)  But there is more that needs to be done. 

This is however, if GNR wants to get a huge fan base again?  And Im pretty sure they do and hope these things will happen.

My point is that I want GNR to be big again,  because the music they put out is deserving.  If they put out a crappy album, that would be one thing.  But Chinese Democracy deserves the best promotion and these band members deserve the best promotion, because they did a great job.  I understand this is up to Axl, but I think it would be a shame to see crowds again like the last US tour.  Because their bigger than that!

I hope they don't tour before these things happen or I think it would be dissapointing         

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: