Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 06:56:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Metallica make offer to tour with Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica make offer to tour with Guns N' Roses  (Read 81413 times)
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #220 on: January 26, 2009, 10:29:10 AM »

Axl is still doing the exact same things that irked Metallica so much...eg late starts, early finishes, propensity to maybe not showing up ( at least in time for the show not to be cancelled by nervous promoters.....eg im on a plane at starting time)

Id personally prefer a bill of
The Verve
Radiohead
GNR

Aint gonna happen though
Or GNR with one of the following support acts/co headliners
The Verve
Prodigy
Primal Scream
The Strokes
Nick Cave ( In Aust/Europe,,,,US wouldnt get it)
Anyone but Seb Bach Smiley ( still cant believe he screamed....2007 Mothertruckers at the gig i saw.......wanted him to spontaneously combust at that point, silly loudmouthed hair metal dick)

Early finishes?  I can think of maybe.. one that has happened? It's not exactly a common occurence.

Those opening acts.. can you talk about any more of a culture clash?

Radiohead, The Verve and Guns N' Roses?

What is this, britpop throwback + current, good music?

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #221 on: January 26, 2009, 11:04:59 AM »

Axl is still doing the exact same things that irked Metallica so much...eg late starts, early finishes, propensity to maybe not showing up ( at least in time for the show not to be cancelled by nervous promoters.....eg im on a plane at starting time)

The Verve
Radiohead
GNR

Aint gonna happen though
The Verve
Prodigy
Primal Scream
The Strokes
Anyone but Seb Bach Smiley ( still cant believe he screamed....2007 Mothertruckers at the gig i saw.......wanted him to spontaneously combust at that point, silly loudmouthed hair metal dick)

Early finishes?  I can think of maybe.. one that has happened? It's not exactly a common occurence.

Off the top of my head I can only remember one in 06 and I was at the only one I can think of in 02.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #222 on: January 26, 2009, 11:35:18 AM »

can you talk about any more of a culture clash?

Guns N Roses.  ok

Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #223 on: January 26, 2009, 12:42:08 PM »

Why not THe Killers as support act

because they're too big to support guns in 99% of markets.......

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #224 on: January 26, 2009, 01:10:27 PM »

On what authority do you say that?

anyhoo, how about fleet foxes?

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #225 on: January 26, 2009, 01:28:43 PM »

too indie.
too folk.
too soft.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #226 on: January 26, 2009, 01:35:25 PM »

GNR and sabbath, now that's a co-headlining tour!

all the ole geezers in sabbath might go to bed early too so they could "open" Smiley
sandman
Legend

« Reply #227 on: January 26, 2009, 01:37:53 PM »

this is one of the most MISLEADING titles to a thread i've ever seen.

here is the video of the actual question and answer (the question is asked around the 19:05 mark):

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid959035280?bctid=7255064001

and here is a much better summary of what was actually said...

Being inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame is a real honour, but it has its drawbacks. Cue Metallica being put through their paces at what will surely be one of many 'welcome to the Hall' press conferences.

After a barrage of questions from journalists vying for the following day's Metallica exclusive, here's how it ended?

Journalist: "On the topic of drama and tragedy, would you guys ever consider touring with Guns N' Roses again now that they're back out there?"

Drummer Lars Ulrich actually shakes his head and mouths "no," before becoming a bit more diplomatic: "As James was saying earlier 'we're road dogs and we love to tour' so if that opportunity ever came in the right situation, of course."

James Hetfield adds: "We've learned to never say never because you don't know what hurdle or what great thing is going to be handed to you."

"Actually, all four of us really like Chinese Democracy," continued Ulrich. "I think it's a great record. Who knows, we never say no to anything."

Finally guitarist Kirk Hammett chips in with: "I think the question is would they tour with us?"

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/would-metallica-tour-with-guns-n-roses-192553

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #228 on: January 26, 2009, 01:40:21 PM »

um, okay i read it... metallica said they love the  new album and would like to tour with gnr, but that they're not sure if gnr would want to tour with them. 

soooooo... how is the title of this thread misleading?  sounds like an offer to me. 
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #229 on: January 26, 2009, 01:51:35 PM »

the actual answer didn't make any offer. the stupidity of the media did as usual.

too indie.
too folk.
too soft.

so that they'd make a beautiful contrast to each other.

Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #230 on: January 26, 2009, 01:52:14 PM »

yeah it vary misleading Metallicas coming to the Chi tomarrow i think i would know if that were to happen

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
GIMH
Opening Act

« Reply #231 on: January 26, 2009, 02:56:12 PM »

The Killers are certainly bigger than GNR here in the UK, and also attract a different audience. When I saw Motley Crue last, in 07, they had Papa Roach. That sort of band (not necessarily a nu-metal one) would be the best bet for GNR, one they have actually influenced, as the support act will be more into it and I dunno, I sensed a real vibe for Papa Roach at that Crue gig because peopel could tell how chuffed Jacoby was to be supporting one of his fave bands (GNR being another favourite of his, of course).
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #232 on: January 26, 2009, 03:01:16 PM »

now that would be something else!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #233 on: January 26, 2009, 03:10:42 PM »

The Killers are certainly bigger than GNR here in the UK, and also attract a different audience. When I saw Motley Crue last, in 07, they had Papa Roach. That sort of band (not necessarily a nu-metal one) would be the best bet for GNR, one they have actually influenced, as the support act will be more into it and I dunno, I sensed a real vibe for Papa Roach at that Crue gig because peopel could tell how chuffed Jacoby was to be supporting one of his fave bands (GNR being another favourite of his, of course).

When I saw GN'R in '06, Papa Roach opened for them.  While I personally do like Papa Roach, I didn't sense that vibe of the crowd that you're talking about.  That said, I'd be fine with them as an opening act, they put on a good show!
GIMH
Opening Act

« Reply #234 on: January 26, 2009, 03:21:00 PM »

Maybe I was drunk, or maybe Crue fans are different, I dunno

I like Papa Roach. When I first posted on GNR forums, back in, must have been 2001, got quite a bit of stick for being a fan of theirs. But they've actually really grown musically over the years, and you can hear the influence from my favourite bands (ie GNR & Motley Crue) much more in the 3rd & 4th albums, I'd certainly be happy to see them support Guns. My main point was any band of that sort of age who were actually influenced by GNR would be a good bet though  Grin
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #235 on: January 26, 2009, 03:28:14 PM »

http://uk.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUKTRE4AT2BH20081130
fourth paragraph says it all. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #236 on: January 26, 2009, 03:35:05 PM »

um, okay i read it... metallica said they love the  new album and would like to tour with gnr, but that they're not sure if gnr would want to tour with them. 

soooooo... how is the title of this thread misleading?  sounds like an offer to me. 

That wasn't even close to an offer.  Ulrich actually mouthed the word no before even answering.  He then went on to say if it was the right situation then yeah.  Hetfield said never say never.  I would be more inclined to believe it is just being politically correct for lack of a better word just so there are no ruffled feathers.

Offer?  Nope.
Nice comments?  Yes.
Uzi76
Headliner

Despite everything, all is beautiful

« Reply #237 on: January 27, 2009, 03:49:14 AM »

It's not because The Killers are more popular than Gnr at the moment that it means they are bigger than GnR.  Guns n' Roses are a legend, The Killers are just a popular band at the time. I hope they will get legendary too, because I really like them. I don't see why this would be impossible. Both bands could benefit from this. GnR can tour with a polular band of this time (= bigger audience + 'possibly' new fans) and The Killers can tour with a big all time band (will improve their status). On top of that Axl likes The Killers.

Papa Roach I saw 10 years ago opening for Aerosmith. They seemd quite boring than. Although I am not in a fair position to judge them 'cause I haven't heard anything from them since then.

Remember in this game we call life that noone said it's fair.
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #238 on: January 27, 2009, 04:38:15 AM »

The Verve
Radiohead
GNR

Aint gonna happen though
The Verve
Prodigy
Primal Scream
The Strokes

Well Mix Master Mike = Culture clash I would have thought??? Whats wrong with variety on a bill.....should they really have to dumn it down that much Huh
Plus good music shouldnt be pigeonholed I feel. I wouldnt consider Verve or Radiohead as Britpop by and stretch......Blur yes. Then Damon Albarn has done some great music since then also.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #239 on: January 28, 2009, 05:21:51 PM »

I don't think there's anything wrong with having opening acts from different genres. It can be quite refreshing actually.

A guess a similar effect could be had by playing a festival that isn't your ordinary metal festival.

Like Coachella for example.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: