Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:07:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Metallica make offer to tour with Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica make offer to tour with Guns N' Roses  (Read 81428 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #200 on: January 25, 2009, 01:31:49 PM »

Right, it's my opinion and there's no reason for someone to tell me to "lay off" it. Certainly not you.

someone had to and it happened to me this isn't a thread or a place to diss the members on cd. lets alone their costume.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #201 on: January 25, 2009, 01:37:33 PM »

Right, it's my opinion and there's no reason for someone to tell me to "lay off" it. Certainly not you.

someone had to and it happened to me this isn't a thread or a place to diss the members on cd. lets alone their costume.

Someone had to? Huh? Don't they have mods that decide that in places like this?

Maybe you should go back and read the thread. Others brought up Robin sucking and Bucket being better and I disagreed. Oh and it's not only Bucket's costume that I dissed, it's his whole shtick.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #202 on: January 25, 2009, 01:47:50 PM »

Some don't like Buckethead's "act", some think they're better than Robin....

There's all kinds of people.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #203 on: January 25, 2009, 01:55:38 PM »

and some like GNR as it is.  Smiley

Someone had to? Huh? Don't they have mods that decide that in places like this?

Maybe you should go back and read the thread. Others brought up Robin sucking and Bucket being better.
like i ignored them?

what you said about bh has nothing to do with his guitar playing.

if my words sounded harsh, i apologise but really you didn't have to bring bh's looks argument to this thread. Do you need another off topic war?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #204 on: January 25, 2009, 03:01:53 PM »

He has some talent, I will give him that, but I would rather have Fortus or Gilby Clarke playing lead over Finck.

Gilby Clarke?

Are you for real?

Adz, at least when Gilby bends a string, he hits the note he is trying to hit.  Unlike Finck who is flat or sharp 98% of the time.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #205 on: January 25, 2009, 04:31:58 PM »

He has some talent, I will give him that, but I would rather have Fortus or Gilby Clarke playing lead over Finck.

Gilby Clarke?

Are you for real?

Adz, at least when Gilby bends a string, he hits the note he is trying to hit.  Unlike Finck who is flat or sharp 98% of the time.

I'm as big of a Gilby Clarke fan as there is out there IMHO... but no way would I want him on lead guitar over Robin Finck. nervous

I honestly think the "sloppiness" or flat/sharp thing is really just Robin's "style"... which you obviously don't like... which is cool... but I think you're mistaken to think he's up there just fucking up left and right. It's intentional... and pretty damn unique (i.e. I love how I can always pick out Robin's guitar live or on tracks) IMHO...

Different strokes for different folks though. ok
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 04:34:05 PM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #206 on: January 25, 2009, 05:18:47 PM »

Gilby Clarke?

Are you for real?

How do you know Robin isn't playing exactly what he wants to play? Did he tell you he didn't hit what he was intending to? Thought not, keep your bullshit to yourself from now on please. The rest of us are getting rather sick of it.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #207 on: January 25, 2009, 05:24:13 PM »

This is not the point of the thread but after hearing CD and GNR Live.  Fincks contribution to the band is way more then Gilby.  Finck is a much better player and plays hard with emotion.  Besides Gilby should keep doing things with Supernova.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #208 on: January 25, 2009, 05:34:40 PM »

Guys, I wasn't serious when I said Gilby, my point was, that there are a million other players that could do what he does better.  There isn't anything "signature" about him.  And Chineseblues, bending to the wrong note is very obvious. Because in music and theory you will learn that certain notes work only over certain chords yada yada yada.  Well, if you miss badly, it sounds like total ass.  Everyone hits a bad bend here and there, and that is usually do to the loudness of the stage etc, but he just does it more than any other pro guitar player if have ever seen.  I am glad you love it so much.  But Fortus and Bumble and Bucket seem to have no problem with their pitch and staying in the proper key. 
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #209 on: January 25, 2009, 06:03:34 PM »

Guys, I wasn't serious when I said Gilby, my point was, that there are a million other players that could do what he does better.  There isn't anything "signature" about him.  And Chineseblues, bending to the wrong note is very obvious. Because in music and theory you will learn that certain notes work only over certain chords yada yada yada.  Well, if you miss badly, it sounds like total ass.  Everyone hits a bad bend here and there, and that is usually do to the loudness of the stage etc, but he just does it more than any other pro guitar player if have ever seen.  I am glad you love it so much.  But Fortus and Bumble and Bucket seem to have no problem with their pitch and staying in the proper key. 

Chords and theory are also constantly changing.  Some people often think new or different scales they aren't familiar with sound dissonant, but others hear the beauty in it.   I can hear the beauty in Finck's playing, live and on the album.  It's different, and definitely has a "signature" sound to it.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #210 on: January 25, 2009, 06:11:58 PM »

Chords and theory are also constantly changing.  Some people often think new or different scales they aren't familiar with sound dissonant, but others hear the beauty in it.   I can hear the beauty in Finck's playing, live and on the album.  It's different, and definitely has a "signature" sound to it.

I would take either of these GNR alum in GNR over Finck.  Sorry.  And there are only what, 12 notes in western music?  Playing like shit doesn't have a mode, theory, scale, etc... HA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS3Xi1CCb60

Kind of weird seeing Traci Guns and Gilby Clark on the same stage playing a cover made famous by GNR.
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #211 on: January 25, 2009, 06:24:29 PM »

I'm pretty sure they switched when they did this tour previously.  I am trying to crane my memory of who opened 1st when I saw the tour.  Was a long ass time ago! hihi

Absolutely, not! They never switched. Faith No More opened, then Metallica, then gnr...EVERY show...
Henson
Headliner

Need to see a revival tonight...

« Reply #212 on: January 25, 2009, 08:37:44 PM »

I could have sworn we had like 144 pages of Finck's out and Finck sucks to make the haters happy, How'd it end up in here?  I encourage all the Pro guitarists here to send Axl a link to their myspace music pages.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #213 on: January 25, 2009, 10:53:04 PM »

There isn't anything "signature" about him.

Absolute bullshit.

You know as well as I do that if I played you a track with Robin on it you could tell me the prominent 'Robin' guitar moments.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #214 on: January 25, 2009, 11:13:19 PM »

There isn't anything "signature" about him.

Absolute bullshit.

You know as well as I do that if I played you a track with Robin on it you could tell me the prominent 'Robin' guitar moments.

hell yea... his tone is very unique and instantly recongnizable.

Some people just don't "get" him, and thats their loss.

nothing against Gilby, he did his job well on the UYI tour.. but he's no Robin Finck.   He doesn't have anywhere near the creativity or stage charisma.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 11:15:12 PM by Jim Bob » Logged
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #215 on: January 25, 2009, 11:58:36 PM »

wasnt this a thread about Metallica?

I see what you some of you are saying about Robin, he is a VERY sloppy player, but I am pretty sure that is his style.  I dont think he is fucking up, that is just his signature sound... it is also a great sound that he has added to the new record, and really makes the new album very different than anything we have heard before.

oh I am also on board with hating Bucketheads whole act...Love his guitar work, but talking through a rubber chicken was a little lame...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #216 on: January 26, 2009, 12:45:11 AM »

wasnt this a thread about Metallica?

yea Smoking Guns?   

just haters trying to distract from the topic so they can bash people they envy.
Uzi76
Headliner

Despite everything, all is beautiful

« Reply #217 on: January 26, 2009, 07:38:00 AM »

ANYWAY, I HATE METALLICA  Grin

Remember in this game we call life that noone said it's fair.
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #218 on: January 26, 2009, 08:12:59 AM »

Not sure this tour would be a great idea.

Axl is still doing the exact same things that irked Metallica so much...eg late starts, early finishes, propensity to maybe not showing up ( at least in time for the show not to be cancelled by nervous promoters.....eg im on a plane at starting time)

New Guns is a  clearly better band than Metallica at this stage whereas both were basically prime back in 92. Im not a Metallica fan though im sure the music would still be powerful....hopefully early material heavy.

My impression is that as powerful a double bill as it may be, it'd be courting disaster unless Metallica and Axl had a watertight agreement ( with monetary fines),  preventing the problems they had on the first go round.
The issues metallica had with Axl ( im unaware of any issues they had with the other guys but there may have been some) would need resolution. Im unaware if Axl had any real gripes with Metallica other than Hetfield slagging him, though from the outside it appears somewhat justified.

Id personally prefer a bill of
The Verve
Radiohead
GNR

Aint gonna happen though
Or GNR with one of the following support acts/co headliners
The Verve
Prodigy
Primal Scream
The Strokes
Nick Cave ( In Aust/Europe,,,,US wouldnt get it)
Anyone but Seb Bach Smiley ( still cant believe he screamed....2007 Mothertruckers at the gig i saw.......wanted him to spontaneously combust at that point, silly loudmouthed hair metal dick)

Stiil any GNR tour would be welcomed, I really love the new album and to hear it live would be excellent.
Uzi76
Headliner

Despite everything, all is beautiful

« Reply #219 on: January 26, 2009, 10:07:07 AM »

Nick Cave and Guns n' Roses would be awesome, but I don't think that would ever happen.
In my wildest dreams I see GnR as co headliners with The Beatles or The Doors. Think about it, it would be the most amazing show ever in the whole universe! Of course, that is quite impossible  Grin

What is more realistic is a tour with Aerosmith. That would ROCK. But than again I think the ego's are a bit to big for that.
Why not THe Killers as support act and than 2 and a half hour show of Gunners? I could live with that  Shocked

Remember in this game we call life that noone said it's fair.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: