Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 06:51:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Metallica make offer to tour with Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica make offer to tour with Guns N' Roses  (Read 81404 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #180 on: January 24, 2009, 06:39:15 PM »

i agree.  my opinion of finck is better now since cd was released.  i was pleasantly surprised cause i hate his live playing - especially his solos. 

you have obviously watched too many live footage from 2000-2002 and not enough 2006.

actually i have seen plenty of 2006 and he still is poopoo live.  everyone should use the restroom and go get a drink while he plays his solos - at least then half the audience wouldn't be sleeping by the end of the solo.

I disagree by 100%. I think Robin is a bad ass on guitar. I'm really hoping to see him with GNR again one day.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #181 on: January 24, 2009, 07:13:16 PM »

i agree.  my opinion of finck is better now since cd was released.  i was pleasantly surprised cause i hate his live playing - especially his solos. 

you have obviously watched too many live footage from 2000-2002 and not enough 2006.

actually i have seen plenty of 2006 and he still is poopoo live.  everyone should use the restroom and go get a drink while he plays his solos - at least then half the audience wouldn't be sleeping by the end of the solo.

I disagree by 100%. I think Robin is a bad ass on guitar. I'm really hoping to see him with GNR again one day.

I disagree, he is expendable and I would gladly step in and mop the floor with his ass on guitar.  Nice guy?  Sure.  Real rock player?  No way.  Bucket on the other hand, BADASS.  Finck is the only GNR player in the history of GNR that I actually thought I was better than.  HA.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #182 on: January 24, 2009, 10:07:42 PM »

+1

Robin kicks MAJOR ass IMHO- in fact he's probably my all-time favorite Guns N' Roses guitarist. He is a bit of an "acquired taste" though with his dissonant/feedback style- so I can see why some don't immediately gravitate towards him. That said, those same people never seem to be able to explain why Axl and Trent Reznor are SO enamored with Robin though. People may not like his style/sound- but he's obviously not a hack...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #183 on: January 24, 2009, 10:09:39 PM »

While I think GNR could survive without Robin, to say he's not a "real rock player" is laughable and just plain wrong.  I'm no guitar virtuoso by any stretch but I don't think it's just a coincidence that Robin has been a member of 2 of the biggest bands in the past 20 years.  I don't think he's THAT nice a guy.  His talent has to have something to do with it.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #184 on: January 25, 2009, 03:51:43 AM »

I disagree, he is expendable and I would gladly step in and mop the floor with his ass on guitar.  Nice guy?  Sure.  Real rock player?  No way.  Bucket on the other hand, BADASS.  Finck is the only GNR player in the history of GNR that I actually thought I was better than.  HA.

you better than Finck?

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

what a fucking joke.   Robin has more talent in his pinky finger than you could ever hope for.

a "real rock player"?  He's way more than that.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #185 on: January 25, 2009, 03:53:15 AM »

Sure you would. Not!!

Robin Finck is a very gifted musician - and a great guitar player. ok

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #186 on: January 25, 2009, 05:50:58 AM »

you better than Finck?

what a fucking joke.   Robin has more talent in his pinky finger than you could ever hope for.

FUCK YOU JIM BOB!

You can't talk to a legend like that!  Who the hell do you think you are, anyway?

You need to apologize THIS INSTANT.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #187 on: January 25, 2009, 05:53:55 AM »

you better than Finck?

FUCK YOU JIM BOB!

You can't talk to a legend like that!  Who the hell do you think you are, anyway?

You need to apologize THIS INSTANT.

oh shit, for a moment i thought it was D who was posting about how he is a better musician than Robin
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #188 on: January 25, 2009, 06:32:12 AM »

Well...Robin sure aint no Kirk Hammett.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #189 on: January 25, 2009, 06:41:14 AM »

Well...Robin sure aint no Kirk Hammett.

Thankfully not many people are.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #190 on: January 25, 2009, 07:40:11 AM »

See now I find Bucket to be embarrassing. I don't need some clown in a costume doing robot dances and flinging nunchuck's around at a GNR show.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #191 on: January 25, 2009, 09:47:24 AM »

Guys, no point in arguing this.  Its amazing how we all have CD and all have different ideas on the guitars.  I thought bucket dominated this album. Many of you think Finck was the MVP.  That is fine.  Still doesn't change my opinion that Finck live is very sloppy with often horrible tone.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #192 on: January 25, 2009, 11:23:17 AM »

Guys, no point in arguing this.  Its amazing how we all have CD and all have different ideas on the guitars.  I thought bucket dominated this album. Many of you think Finck was the MVP.  That is fine.  Still doesn't change my opinion that Finck live is very sloppy with often horrible tone.
It's one thing to prefer Buckethead over Robin, but to claim that the guy has no talent is taking it a bit far.  I'm sure Bucket himself would even disagree with you there.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #193 on: January 25, 2009, 11:49:41 AM »

ditto to faldor. why neither axl or trent asked a couple of board members to join their bands is a mystery to us.
and lay off your embarrassment russtcb.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #194 on: January 25, 2009, 11:52:42 AM »

ditto to faldor. why neither axl or trent asked a couple of board members to join their bands is a mystery to us.

They must have bad taste.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #195 on: January 25, 2009, 12:24:11 PM »

Excuse me?

What do you mean "lay off your embarrassment"? It's my opinion and more importantly it's the truth. I talked several people into seeing GNR in 02 that otherwise would've never considered it. I ended up being completely embarrassed because I had no answers when people were asking me why the guy was doing all that ridiculous shtick.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #196 on: January 25, 2009, 12:44:29 PM »

It's one thing to prefer Buckethead over Robin, but to claim that the guy has no talent is taking it a bit far.  I'm sure Bucket himself would even disagree with you there.

He has some talent, I will give him that, but I would rather have Fortus or Gilby Clarke playing lead over Finck.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #197 on: January 25, 2009, 12:48:59 PM »

He has some talent, I will give him that, but I would rather have Fortus or Gilby Clarke playing lead over Finck.

Gilby Clarke?

Are you for real?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #198 on: January 25, 2009, 01:05:14 PM »

Excuse me?

What do you mean "lay off your embarrassment"? It's my opinion and more importantly it's the truth. I talked several people into seeing GNR in 02 that otherwise would've never considered it. I ended up being completely embarrassed because I had no answers when people were asking me why the guy was doing all that ridiculous shtick.

birds of a feather flocks together doesn't mean any truth than an opinion.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #199 on: January 25, 2009, 01:14:11 PM »

Excuse me?

birds of a feather flocks together doesn't mean any truth than an opinion.

Right, it's my opinion and there's no reason for someone to tell me to "lay off" it. Certainly not you.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: