Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:19:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Metallica make offer to tour with Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica make offer to tour with Guns N' Roses  (Read 81452 times)
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #120 on: January 17, 2009, 10:54:54 AM »

This woud be very cool! I seen Metallica this summer, they were awesome.

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
ATmagnum
Opening Act

« Reply #121 on: January 17, 2009, 11:52:27 AM »

If Lars really is pretty tight with Axl and the boys, and the bands have settled their differences since the UYI/Black Album tour (which I begrudgingly have to admit that might be more attributable to GNR's previous conduct), I don't see why this wouldn't be a great idea.  Both bands have awesome music, new albums, and are mind-blowing live.  In my book, this would be the best possible combination of two active bands to see on the same bill, and if it could realisitically happen, I hope they do it.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2009, 12:14:31 PM »

Fingers crossed Cool

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2009, 02:06:11 PM »

they'll be coming up on the 20 year anniversary of the first Guns/tallica tour in just a few more years.. would be awesome.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2009, 03:16:55 PM »

Everyone needs to uncross their fingers and stop wishing upon a star for this to happen.  Not gonna happen.  If, and at this point its a BIG if, GNR tours in 09 expect more D List bands and strippers to open for Guns so they can go on late. 

Is it just me or does it seem like all good ideas that would help the album are being avoided like the plague by Axl?  I guess we should be happy we have the album...But it's such a masterpiece, and I just really wish he was doing a whole lot more to get it out there.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2009, 05:28:27 PM »

before axl even considers letting metallica open for him, i hope he makes james offer an apology for all the shit-talking he did back in the 90's.  "axl pose?"  FUCK YOU JAMES!
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2009, 06:54:51 PM »

Yea, I mean, the way Axl has handled himself during this release is maybe the exact opposite of a poser. Axl is arguably the most Rock N' Roll motherfucker ever for doing what he is doing... which is nothing. I actually love that he has given a big fuck you to promotion for CD. So fucking Rock N' Roll.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Lostrose
Rocker

This here is my hetero-lifemate, Silent Bob.

« Reply #127 on: January 19, 2009, 02:03:30 PM »

Fuck that and Fuck Metallica.  GnR is wwwwwaaaaaaayyyyyyyy out of their league. 

Of course, ANYTHING would be better than Bullet for my Valentine.  {who?  exactly...}

I guess, I guess, I guess I never fuckin' learn...
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #128 on: January 19, 2009, 06:03:25 PM »

Of course, ANYTHING would be better than Bullet for my Valentine.  {who?  exactly...}

Mix Master Mike anyone??

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2009, 11:02:03 AM »

Mix Master Mike anyone??

I might be the only one who saw that tour that didn't hate him. Wink
Uzi76
Headliner

Despite everything, all is beautiful

« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2009, 11:30:11 AM »

before axl even considers letting metallica open for him, i hope he makes james offer an apology for all the shit-talking he did back in the 90's.  "axl pose?"  FUCK YOU JAMES!

I totally agree. Fuck you James Hetfield! He is a frustrated poser himself. I don't need to see childish Metallica touring with Gunners. I just want Gunners!
I also agree with Budha master. I love the fact that Axl has given a big fuck you to promotion for CD. More rockstars should do that.

Remember in this game we call life that noone said it's fair.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #131 on: January 20, 2009, 11:33:57 AM »

I also agree with Budha master. I love the fact that Axl has given a big fuck you to promotion for CD. More rockstars should do that.

i really don't think axl has given a big fuck you to promotion and i don't see why more people should not promote great things, if lame music and movies didn't promote their shit, that i could do with but grear music not being promoted? makes no sense to me
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #132 on: January 20, 2009, 11:46:31 AM »

Well I guess it would be something to see the two bands do a tour together. But I really don't think G&R has to do that. If they go out on their own they will be just fine......... smoking beer
Jarrod
Opening Act

« Reply #133 on: January 22, 2009, 06:08:21 AM »

Just look at this topic...Look at the strong and often heated opinions of some of the posters here!!! And Im sure the same heated opinions are held by Metallica fans...

Now, increase the number of heated GnR and Metallica fans by, lets say, 100 and then throw these 100 fans into a crowd of 20 to 40 thousand fans. Add to that the fact that most fans of either band will be easy to pick out due to T-shirts etc...and then throw in the fact that some fans will hurl insults at Metallica and others at GnR...

Can you imagine the powder keg that could potentially be??? It wouldnt take much to set off that bomb.

Now the riots that occured last time were bad enough, and that was fans attacking police and equipment...Imagine a brawl involving around 20,000 people!!!

Fuck that would be horrid. People would die for sure.

This is why, although Id love to see it, I seriously doubt it would happen, and if it did it wouldnt happen in mainland USA and maybe not even in some parts of Europe.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #134 on: January 22, 2009, 08:22:50 AM »

I totally agree. Fuck you James Hetfield! He is a frustrated poser himself. I don't need to see childish Metallica touring with Gunners. I just want Gunners!

if they do tour together, i'm going to make a sign that says 'apologize to axl!'  i'll wave the shit out of that until i get james (fat asshole) to see it.  lars is cool, but james has not proven himself yet.

also, if they tour together gnr better close the show every night.  if not, axl should tell james to kindly fuck off.  nobody wants to wait all night for metallica.  but axl has proven that they're willing to do it for him.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2009, 08:28:34 AM »

Just look at this topic...Look at the strong and often heated opinions of some of the posters here!!! And Im sure the same heated opinions are held by Metallica fans...

Now, increase the number of heated GnR and Metallica fans by, lets say, 100 and then throw these 100 fans into a crowd of 20 to 40 thousand fans. Add to that the fact that most fans of either band will be easy to pick out due to T-shirts etc...and then throw in the fact that some fans will hurl insults at Metallica and others at GnR...

Can you imagine the powder keg that could potentially be??? It wouldnt take much to set off that bomb.

Now the riots that occured last time were bad enough, and that was fans attacking police and equipment...Imagine a brawl involving around 20,000 people!!!

This is why, although Id love to see it, I seriously doubt it would happen, and if it did it wouldnt happen in mainland USA and maybe not even in some parts of Europe.

Interesting take.

I would agree. It has always been a love gn'r n' hate metallica or love metallica n' hate gn'r thing between those two bands for as long as i can remember. Even before they toured together the first time.

I'm into dangerous things so I would love for this to happen, but it would of course not be cool if someone died because of it.

I honestly don't see any substance in this tho. I mean, James and Axl on the same bill? Is all this really realistic? Doubht it...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #136 on: January 22, 2009, 09:40:20 AM »

Interesting take.

I would agree. It has always been a love gn'r n' hate metallica or love metallica n' hate gn'r thing between those two bands for as long as i can remember. Even before they toured together the first time.

I'm into dangerous things so I would love for this to happen, but it would of course not be cool if someone died because of it.

I honestly don't see any substance in this tho. I mean, James and Axl on the same bill? Is all this really realistic? Doubht it...

well, I would imagine most fans would not make trouble if James and Axl would just give the other a nice compliment, and if Axl did that, most of you hating on Metallica would not be so vocal anymore..

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #137 on: January 22, 2009, 12:46:20 PM »

before axl even considers letting metallica open for him
Now thats funny. 
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #138 on: January 22, 2009, 01:18:40 PM »

if they do tour together, i'm going to make a sign that says 'apologize to axl!'  i'll wave the shit out of that until i get james (fat asshole) to see it.  lars is cool, but james has not proven himself yet.

also, if they tour together gnr better close the show every night.  if not, axl should tell james to kindly fuck off.  nobody wants to wait all night for metallica.  but axl has proven that they're willing to do it for him.

Yeah, James should definetely apologize to Axl, after all it was totally James' fault that he got hit by a firework and then Axl didn't even want to go on afterwards and pulled out soon after he did. 

It would be an excellent show, and it would do Gnr a world of good in terms of exposure.  Death Magnetic has been huge, and they are also great anyway.  And I really don't think you can just step out of the limelight for 17 years, and then expect to be headlining all over again.  Gnr has to do some work to get back to the top, and if that includes playing with Metallica then they should jump at the chance. 
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 01:21:03 PM by don_vercetti » Logged

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #139 on: January 22, 2009, 01:25:20 PM »

And I really don't think you can just step out of the limelight for 17 years, and then expect to be headlining all over again.  Gnr has to do some work to get back to the top, and if that includes playing with Metallica then they should jump at the chance. 

Did you miss the 2006 North American tour?

It was about two years ago.

And they headlined festival in Europe that summer.

On top of that, they played arenas in Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and Japan in 2007.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: