Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:09:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Metallica make offer to tour with Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica make offer to tour with Guns N' Roses  (Read 81433 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2009, 12:02:23 AM »

Yeah, I think you missed something by a few miles. The group they're talking about is Guns N' Roses. It's true, people have quit the band since the 80s. So naturally they had to be replaced.

And what you seem to have missed was the way Lars' statement was worded.   It first said "Metallica would love to tour alongside Axl Rose's legendary group".   Well, there's nothing legendary about Axl's group right now.  The only thing legendary is the original guys.  So in no way was I inaccurate by pointing this out.

you fail at posting.

please just.... stop.   Lars (probably) personally knows ALL the guys who have ever been in GnR,  current and former.   you do not.  so STFU.

if you don't like the band now, and just want to hijack threads with your garbage, can't you go to mygnr and do it?
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2009, 01:18:21 AM »

i really like Metallica, but i dont know , i think a solo GNR concert would be better, it will be the first tour with the new album, and i would like to see a concert where Axl is completly comfortable and with his fans, if you put Metallica in there, then you have big stadiums, lots of mixed crowd. time frames for the groups to play, etc.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2009, 01:20:56 AM »

GN'R is a legendary band

Yes they are.  Nobody's going to deny that fact.

you just need to get over the break up of the original band.

NEVER!  Besides, that was no relation to my original post.  My initial post merely pointed out the inaccuracy of Lars' statement.

Wasn't around in the 1980s. Which is what the article referred to. Smiley

Kinda like Axl's hired Guns weren't around in the 80s (at least not with GNR), which is what the article alluded.  And which is what I pointed out about said article.

you fail at posting.

I never fail at evoking a response from you, do I Rim Job?  (BTW, you should've kept that name, it's much more appropriate, because I swear you always remind me of an unkempt public toilet.)  Wherever my posts are found, your replies follow.  You can't stay away from me. 

Lars (probably) personally knows ALL the guys who have ever been in GnR,  current and former.   you do not.

Neither do you.  What's your point?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 01:27:48 AM by Bridge » Logged
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2009, 01:35:25 AM »

I'v been telling ppl for months that this tour is in the works.

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2009, 02:41:09 AM »

This NEEDS to happen for both bands.  It can only mean good things......COME ON AXL!!
Thorne
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2009, 05:27:29 AM »

I don't really like Metallica. I did, then I saw them live (twice) and vowed never to see them again, unless they headlined a festival I'm already going to. They just bored me! Don't really fancy paying extra to go to a co-headlining show to see just one of the bands Undecided Course I will though  Grin

Just worried about the reception this would recieve over here in England. I'm around on a couple of forums and, mainly, on Download whenever it's rumoured Metallica will be headlining the comments usually go something like "Would prefer to have someone else headline, I've already seen them 6 times in the past 4 years". Similar comments were expressed from our shores when rumours were spreading they might be headlining Wacken.

I've never liked co-headlining tours. It's a bit unfair to ask fans that don't like the other headlining act to pay extra money to see them. It'll be the same for some Metallica fans too  Undecided
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 05:30:07 AM by Thorne » Logged

If you hate Thornes then don't pick this Rose.....
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2009, 06:46:40 AM »

This would be cool! ok

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Electric Sintar
Headliner

This is the greatest and best song in the world!

« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2009, 08:39:01 AM »

I saw GnR, Metallica, and Faith No More at Giants Stadium, and it was an awesome experience.  Axl definitely seemed ticked off at somethign that day, but an experience nonetheless.  I'd drive two hours to see something similar again for sure. 

I'm also pumped because I'm taking my 13 yr old son to see Metallica tomorrow in Philly & can't wait!   ok

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2009, 09:02:18 AM »

GN'R is a legendary band

Yes they are.  Nobody's going to deny that fact.

you just need to get over the break up of the original band.

NEVER!  Besides, that was no relation to my original post.  My initial post merely pointed out the inaccuracy of Lars' statement.

Wasn't around in the 1980s. Which is what the article referred to. Smiley

Kinda like Axl's hired Guns weren't around in the 80s (at least not with GNR), which is what the article alluded.  And which is what I pointed out about said article.

you fail at posting.

I never fail at evoking a response from you, do I Rim Job?  (BTW, you should've kept that name, it's much more appropriate, because I swear you always remind me of an unkempt public toilet.)  Wherever my posts are found, your replies follow.  You can't stay away from me. 

Lars (probably) personally knows ALL the guys who have ever been in GnR,  current and former.   you do not.

Neither do you.  What's your point?

go troll somewher else
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2009, 12:19:38 PM »

First off, I don't get why people say Metallica haven't done shit in 10 years when Death Magnetic stands up to any CD they made in the past.

The production of that album alone is utter shit compared to any album they've made in the past.

I agree, 100%.

Direct from the PS3, from the Guitar Hero tracks, to a burner:  The album sounds amazingly good....comparable to "...and Justice for All", IMHO.

But the CD version?  Distorted to fuck, and that's from a guy who's not the most picky about fidelity when it comes to my music.  Even I notice it.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2009, 12:24:56 PM »

This is exactly how I remember this tour and I saw it at Giants Stadium.  The only difference I remember is FNM pretty much getting booed off the stage (GNR/Metallica fans are rough).  The whole point of a co-headliner tour is that neither is the opener.  I am not saying this will ever happen again because it probably won't but it sure would be awesome if it did.

I saw them at Foxborough Stadium (in MA, where the Patriots used to play).   The place was MOSTLY empty while FNM was playing....because they started so early.  Originally, the show was supposed to start at something like 5 PM, but they ended up..day of the show...releasing an announcement that in order to comply with law enforcement and some sort of curfew (I think), they were going to start at 3 PM. 

I still dont' think the show ended until after midnight....maybe closer to 1 AM...maybe later than that (I wasn't in a "check the clock" frame of mind by the end of the show.  Smiley  )

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2009, 12:28:39 PM »

Did Metallica open when they toured together?  I thought they switched?  I'd have no problem with GNR being the opener and I don't necessarily think Axl would either, as long as they didn't have to play until 10 pm or so, which isn't gonna happen.  I don't see it happening.  Axl has made it clear he prefers to play later, that's just part of who he is.  I'd think Metallica would want to go on first themselves because of Axl's unpredictable nature.  What if GNR is scheduled to go on at 8 and Axl doesn't take the stage till 10?  I love Axl but I don't know if he could be completely trusted to follow the schedule as an opener.

I don't know about EVERY show...but I'm pretty sure Metallica went on first for most, if not all, of them.

They certainly did in Foxborough.  And at Giants Stadium.  And I KNOW they went on first the night of the riot:  James got burned, and Lars continues to insist that Axl could have prevented the whole thing by going out and doing a killer 2 hour set...but his walk off was the final straw.

I'm pretty sure that, given Axl's penchant for liking to go on relatively late, that GnR was up 3rd EVERY show.  I don't KNOW it, but I'm pretty sure.

Together again,
AC
Rocker

« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2009, 12:33:48 PM »

I would assume that Guns going on late has nothing else to do with Axl preferring to perform later while Metallica would prefer to get the job done and go enjoy the remainder of the night relaxing. I don't think you're going to have any less people in the crowd for either band, and I don't think that the later time slot has any meaning of being the better band. I remember flipping a coin with other bands to see who would do the final slot after the opening act when we played.

Just my opinion.

AA.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2009, 01:16:16 PM »

First off, I don't get why people say Metallica haven't done shit in 10 years when Death Magnetic stands up to any CD they made in the past.

The production of that album alone is utter shit compared to any album they've made in the past.

I agree, 100%.

Direct from the PS3, from the Guitar Hero tracks, to a burner:  The album sounds amazingly good....comparable to "...and Justice for All", IMHO.

But the CD version?  Distorted to fuck, and that's from a guy who's not the most picky about fidelity when it comes to my music.  Even I notice it.

I actually listened to the album on a $15 Wal-Mart stereo this morning, and it sounded better than I've ever heard it hihi

Sounds like shit in my old man's Avalanche and on our Dolby Digital stereo, but fine on a $15 hunk o' junk...

Life eh? Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2009, 02:32:20 PM »

I wonder if the headlines would've been the same if somebody else had said it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2009, 02:40:28 PM »

/jarmo

What do you mean by somebody else?  Another band?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2009, 02:42:23 PM »

/jarmo

What do you mean by somebody else?  Another band?

Yeah.

Wonder if this "news" became such a big deal because of the history.

Because the bands are supposed to hate each other.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2009, 02:45:39 PM »

Probably not.  It does sound sexy and I sure would read the article after what they titled it.  Would be one hell of a show though.  Kinda like the Kiss/Aerosmith double bill a few years back.  They were supposed to hate eachother too, dating back to the 70s and that tour was a large success, with Kiss agreeing to let Aerosmith cap off the show.

I cant see either band agreeing to go on before the other though.  Especially considering Axl's nocturnal nature.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2009, 02:47:08 PM »

Definitely cool that Lars said Metallica loves Chinese Democracy.  I think a tour together would make sense for both bands, both publicity and financially beneficial.  But I'd love to GNR play no matter what with or w/o Metallica.  I think if they did a few shows together to test the waters, before a full blown out tour.

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2009, 03:05:28 PM »

If anyone is interested, follow the link to Metallica's Hall of Fame press Conference where all this nonsense got started. 

http://www.antimusic.com/news/09/jan/16Metallica_and_Guns_N_Roses_Tour.shtml

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: