Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:22:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Metallica make offer to tour with Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica make offer to tour with Guns N' Roses  (Read 81457 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2009, 08:04:20 PM »

I've never been a Metallica fan to be honest. I think I am the only person that hates the Black album except for Unforgiven and Nothing Else Matters.

I heard Battery at a former bandmates house and loved it, love master of puppets......

for me though, Death Magnetic is my favorite Metallica album. that is why I don't jump people's shit when they say Chinese Democracy is their favorite album.

I can see that cause people think I am insanely retarded for saying DM is the best Metallica CD overall. I am talking start to finish. Obviously no one song stands out like some of the classics but start to finish its my favorite.

anyhow, it would be cool, I'd love to have a chance to go see it for sure.

Like I said, just a fast summer outside stadium tour. Nothing long, nothing drawn out. Hit the major places and there ya go.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2009, 08:15:04 PM »

Make it happen Axl.  So many upsides to this. 

Even though it wasn't Axls fault with the last tour.. a successful tour like this would help get a lot of respect back.

It would be great promotion.

Gain a lot of fans.

It would just be flat out huge. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2009, 08:17:39 PM »

I'm pretty sure they switched when they did this tour previously.  I am trying to crane my memory of who opened 1st when I saw the tour.  Was a long ass time ago! hihi

Actually, I'm pretty sure that Guns ALWAYS went on second. Definitely was the case when I saw them at Giants Stadium and definitely was the case (obviously) the night of the Montreal riot. I remember the Guns fans in my high school teasing the Metallica fans with: "Metallica's a great band. They can open for Guns N' Roses any time." hihi

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2009, 08:21:48 PM »

Maybe for a sign of gratitude Axl will induct Metallica onto that joke on Cleveland they call the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame..
I agree, I also prefer to see Baz w/ GN'R over Metallica..Although Metallica are incredible live..Last time in 1991 it was just too much..
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2009, 08:59:50 PM »

I'm pretty sure they switched when they did this tour previously.  I am trying to crane my memory of who opened 1st when I saw the tour.  Was a long ass time ago! hihi

Actually, I'm pretty sure that Guns ALWAYS went on second. Definitely was the case when I saw them at Giants Stadium and definitely was the case (obviously) the night of the Montreal riot. I remember the Guns fans in my high school teasing the Metallica fans with: "Metallica's a great band. They can open for Guns N' Roses any time." hihi

I'm sure you are right.  My memories of those early 90's years are hazy at best! drool
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2009, 10:05:38 PM »

Drummer Lars Ulrich admitted he would jump at the chance to tour alongside Axl Rose's legendary group.  He revealed the band are big fans of their rock counterparts, who they rose to fame alongside in the 1980s.

Huh  Huh  Huh

Maybe I missed something, but I didn't realize that Stinson/Finck/Reed/Pittman/Bumblebee were legendary rock counterparts of Metallica who rose to fame alongside them in the 1980s.  I must have been too busy during those years listening to Slash/McKagan/Adler/Stradlin/Rose to have absorbed the earth-shattering rock of the aforementioned individuals.

What makes you think Metallica would go first?

Metallica did indeed ALWAYS (and wisely) go first during the 92 tour, for the sole purpose of Axl's propensity towards being late.  Metallica wasn't to wait until 2 a.m. to play because Axl couldn't be bothered to take the stage at a reasonable time.

Personally, I'd like to know what Lars is thinking making this offer.  Does he think anything will be different this time around?  Being around Axl is an incendiary risk for a band as huge as Metallica.  It's one thing for an unknown band to want to be around Ankle, because any exposure is good.  But Metallica have made their mark and don't need double headliners or risky acts like our good friend Maxwell Rose.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 10:22:05 PM by Bridge » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2009, 10:21:28 PM »

Drummer Lars Ulrich admitted he would jump at the chance to tour alongside Axl Rose'slegendary group who rose to fame alongside them in the 80s

Huh  Huh  Huh

Maybe I miised something, but I didn't realize that Stinson/Finck/Reed/Bumblebee were a legendary group rising alongside Metallica in the 1980s. 

Yeah, I think you missed something by a few miles. The group they're talking about is Guns N' Roses. It's true, people have quit the band since the 80s. So naturally they had to be replaced.

By the way, do you mean alongside Hetfeild/Ulrich/Burton/Mustaine, Hetfeild/Ulrich/Burton/Hammett or Hetfeild/Ulrich/Newsted/Hammett?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2009, 10:28:26 PM »

Yeah, I think you missed something by a few miles. The group they're talking about is Guns N' Roses. It's true, people have quit the band since the 80s. So naturally they had to be replaced.

And what you seem to have missed was the way Lars' statement was worded.   It first said "Metallica would love to tour alongside Axl Rose's legendary group".   Well, there's nothing legendary about Axl's group right now.  The only thing legendary is the original guys.  So in no way was I inaccurate by pointing this out.

By the way, do you mean alongside Hetfeild/Ulrich/Burton/Mustaine, Hetfeild/Ulrich/Burton/Hammett or Hetfeild/Ulrich/Newsted/Hammett?

Irrelevant, since I didn't make the original statements, Lars did, nor did I suggest that Metallica had the same lineup.  And you forgot Hetfeild/Ulrich/Trujillo/Hammett.   Tongue

/jarmo

Do you type that out every single post?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 10:32:17 PM by Bridge » Logged
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2009, 10:50:37 PM »

I'm sure you are right.  My memories of those early 90's years are hazy at best! drool

Guns ALWAYS went on last during that tour......
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2009, 10:51:23 PM »

And what you seem to have missed was the way Lars' statement was worded.   It first said "Metallica would love to tour alongside Axl Rose's legendary group".   Well, there's nothing legendary about Axl's group right now.  The only thing legendary is the original guys.  So in no way was I inaccurate by pointing this out.

Irrelevant, since I didn't make the original statements, Lars did, nor did I suggest that Metallica had the same lineup.  And you forgot Hetfeild/Ulrich/Trujillo/Hammett.   Tongue

/jarmo

I've noticed that too...its always /xxxxx....weird...is that a sign or something???
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2009, 10:54:59 PM »

I would kill for a full Guns/'Tallica world tour. It would be the single best sghow I have bee to. Apart for Adelaide 2007. But atill, it would kick some major arse.  ok

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2009, 11:02:36 PM »

It never fails to amuse me how no matter positive the initial post in a thread is, that someone will find a way to trash it.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2009, 11:05:50 PM »

It never fails to amuse me how no matter positive the initial post in a thread is, that someone will find a way to trash it.

You've been here for as long as I so you should have some idea of the amount of fuckwits that hang around.

Guns N' Metallica 2009!!! ok

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Pine Barrens
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2009, 11:08:58 PM »

Didn't Hetfield recently give Mojo magazine an interview in which he proceeded to compare Axl to dictators and claim that while Metallica and GN'R toured together the first time GN'R was all about hairspray and image? If that's the case, a joint tour is not likely, in my opinion.

Kudos to Lars for being positive about things, though.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2009, 11:13:26 PM »

Didn't Hetfield recently give Mojo magazine an interview in which he proceeded to compare Axl to dictators and claim that while Metallica and GN'R toured together the first time GN'R was all about hairspray and image? If that's the case, a joint tour is not likely, in my opinion.

The media turned that around and tried to start a fight between GN'R and Metallica. Didn't work too well.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2009, 11:14:45 PM »

The last I heard James praised Axl for being a great frontman.  Eccentric, yes, but great nonetheless.  So if you go by that ONE interview, I'd say a tour is imminent.  Point is, I'm sure a lot has been said over their 20+ years in the biz, some good, some bad.  None of which would rule anything out.  As James himself said, never say never.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2009, 11:19:05 PM »

Even though it could be kick ass and a great move for GNR .... After thinking about it, I don't think it would work out.  We all know and Axl even said himself that he is a late night person and performer.  There could be continuous problems on the shows where GNR would have to go on first.  
Not only that but what happens when some Metallica fans throw shit at Axl and he goes ape shit?  We all know this has and will happen.. especially at a show like this.  

With these things said... if Axl could pull this off and overcome some of his own natural ways for the sake of a great fuckin tour, then it would be huge.  On the other hand if Axl can't deal with some of the shit that would happen during this tour... then the media will once again rip them apart... and furthermore continue to hurt their already damaged image.  

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Pine Barrens
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2009, 11:19:39 PM »

The last I heard James praised Axl for being a great frontman.  Eccentric, yes, but great nonetheless.  So if you go by that ONE interview, I'd say a tour is imminent.  Point is, I'm sure a lot has been said over their 20+ years in the biz, some good, some bad.  None of which would rule anything out.  As James himself said, never say never.

I don't think the majority would agree that Hetfield's attitude towards Axl is generally a positive one. The ratio of Hetfield's positive versus negative comments about Axl over the years is probably 10 to 1. And if you were to go by that one interview, which is in the December issue of Mojo, I'd say they are not off to a great start.
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2009, 11:23:04 PM »

and what about the
st anger recording era
Hetfeild/Ulrich/BOB ROCK/Hammett

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2009, 11:25:57 PM »

Well, there's nothing legendary about Axl's group right now.  The only thing legendary is the original guys.  So in no way was I inaccurate by pointing this out.

Yeah, it's VERY important.

GN'R is a legendary band, you just need to get over the break up of the original band. Smiley

And you forgot Hetfeild/Ulrich/Trujillo/Hammett.   Tongue

Wasn't around in the 1980s. Which is what the article referred to. Smiley

Wouldn't you wanna know.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: