Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:46:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  would you stop being friends with somone who makes fun of gnr?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: would you stop being friends with somone who makes fun of gnr?  (Read 20157 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2008, 08:56:44 PM »

I gave copies of CD to two people that I've known for a very very very long time.

One of them really like it and his 15 year old daughter LOVED it and he tracked me down to tell me.  Cheesy

When I bumped into the other guy and asked him how he liked it, he sorta hesitated ... so I just said to him something like that it's okay if it's not the type of music he likes.  We all have different tastes in music.  I just wanted to know what he really thought of it.  Then he said he didn't like it but he knew how much I did so he didn't want to say anything negative that might hurt my feelings.

I thought that was nice reactions by both of them.  One sharing my enjoyment and the other not wanting to spoil my enjoyment.  Smiley

To answer the topic question:  No.  I would not stop being friends with someone who makes fun of or doesn't like GNR.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2008, 09:09:06 PM »

"would you stop being friends with somone who makes fun of gnr?"

No.... but if they didn't like Seinfeld, fuck 'em.
hrdrokmom
Opening Act

My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My

« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2008, 09:13:33 PM »

~You are unique as everyone else is!!  But I guess that is why you come here...to hang out with your friends who DO like GNR, right? 

~If Music is universal, let the lyrics speak from my fingertips N' the rhythm echo my soul~
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2008, 09:48:52 PM »

I love how this thread is on four pages.   hihi

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2008, 01:04:00 AM »

holy shit, that did not go well.  once again, my two best friends starting ganging up on me and making fun of chinese democracy.  so i finally snapped and yelled at them and let them have it.  i mean i REALLY let them have it... i said some things that my parents would probably be horified to hear me say!   Wink  some things were probably more hurtful than they needed to be, like when i made fun of my one friend for being fat and the other guy for having a learning disability taht made it impossible for him to go to school with the rest of us. 

well now they're pissed off at me and say that i've turned into an asshole.  yeah right.  i sat quietly for years and took there shit.  now when i dished it too they get all offended.  so now it's probably impossible for us to hang out any more because things just aren't going to be the same.  which sucks because we have known each other since we were kids.

i don't like to fight, but i was seriously considering it.  i was shaking and my face was red.  if i was a girl i probably would have cried even.  that whole time i we were yelling at each other, i just kept thinking of shackler and what he would do in that situation.  if i was the kind of guy who liked to fight or hurt people, they would have definitely been in some trouble.

but who the fuck cares?  they aren't real friends anyways and i still have chinese democracy, which is the greatest album ever.  and i know that they'll come crawling back just as soon as the video for better is released and axl does publicity and the album becomes a major hit.  then they'll feel like the fucking assholes that they are and they will ask for an apology. 

now the quesiton is more complicated... should i forgive them when they come crawling back and apologize?  i am a christian and jesus teaches forgiveness, but i am also a fan of axl and he says fuck that.  when people betray you and try to hurt you, i really think you should just cut them out of your life like a cancer.  but i should prepare for that situation becuase i know they will be forced to eat there words the second chinese democracy becomes a hit and everyone else at school loves it.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2008, 01:12:50 AM »

I wouldn't take it so personally.  I'm sure your friends are passionate about bands, books, games, etc. that you could care less about.  I don't think that's worth ending any friendship over.  And if it is, was it really woth having that friendship in the first place?

I'm a New England Patriot fan and watched the Super Bowl last year with ALL Giant fans.  I was outnumbered like 15-1, and we all know how that worked out.  A few of them got in my face in celebration at the end.  Did I like that?  No.  Did I talk to them for the next couple days?  No.  But when I was able to crawl out of my hole and face the light again I wasn't about to denounce my friendship with all of them because of anything that had happened.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 01:15:47 AM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2008, 02:11:45 AM »

holy shit, that did not go well.  once again, my two best friends starting ganging up on me and making fun of chinese democracy.  so i finally snapped and yelled at them and let them have it.  i mean i REALLY let them have it... i said some things that my parents would probably be horified to hear me say!   Wink  some things were probably more hurtful than they needed to be, like when i made fun of my one friend for being fat and the other guy for having a learning disability taht made it impossible for him to go to school with the rest of us. 

well now they're pissed off at me and say that i've turned into an asshole.  yeah right.  i sat quietly for years and took there shit.  now when i dished it too they get all offended.  so now it's probably impossible for us to hang out any more because things just aren't going to be the same.  which sucks because we have known each other since we were kids.

i don't like to fight, but i was seriously considering it.  i was shaking and my face was red.  if i was a girl i probably would have cried even.  that whole time i we were yelling at each other, i just kept thinking of shackler and what he would do in that situation.  if i was the kind of guy who liked to fight or hurt people, they would have definitely been in some trouble.

but who the fuck cares?  they aren't real friends anyways and i still have chinese democracy, which is the greatest album ever.  and i know that they'll come crawling back just as soon as the video for better is released and axl does publicity and the album becomes a major hit.  then they'll feel like the fucking assholes that they are and they will ask for an apology. 

now the quesiton is more complicated... should i forgive them when they come crawling back and apologize?  i am a christian and jesus teaches forgiveness, but i am also a fan of axl and he says fuck that.  when people betray you and try to hurt you, i really think you should just cut them out of your life like a cancer.  but i should prepare for that situation becuase i know they will be forced to eat there words the second chinese democracy becomes a hit and everyone else at school loves it.

I probaly wouldn't of mad fun of their weight or disablities, but maybe some type of hobbie or other music, video games, ect that they like.  It's not worth fighting over a Gnr CD.   PEACE and Happy new year.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Appetite4ARose
Opening Act

Orale!

« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2008, 02:42:13 AM »

i have some older friends who grew up with gnr back in the mullet-head days.  they make fun of me all the time for supporting the new band and believing in this amazing, beautiful new music.  they can only understand simple blues rock and think it's still 1988.  so they tease me all the time.  it's actually gotten worse since the album came out.  i want it to stop, but they just keep at it, hammering me on the same old things over and over again.

outside of gnr, we're great friends and have fun together.  i'm always dependable about giving people rides, and i'm happy to let people borrow money if they need it.  but i've honestly had just about enough of the bullshit picking on gnr and chinese democracy. 

so is it okay to break up with friends over a band?  it seems silly and all, but really it's deeper than that.  to me, they seem like the major problem with society -- people who refuse to move on from the past and try to judge a book by its cover.  i don't know... maybe i'll calm down later, but lately i'm asking myself, 'why be friends with people who make fun of great music?'

If you like your friendship without the shit talk, then it would be pretty dumb to lose them as a friend. Just tell 'em to shut up already and to act mature and respect what you like. That's all.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2008, 03:52:35 AM »

Falungong guy = Crazy Joe Davola.

Get help, son.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2008, 06:59:47 AM »

My best friends tend to be much, MUCH more conservative than I am - we basically have an unwritten rule to not discuss abortion, and in some instances, religion.  It's worked pretty well so far.

but a rock band?   Roll Eyes

Fuck. No fucking way. Did you read my previous posts? How can this work out? It is obviously beyond me. To me, a real friendship is when you can just be yourself and not have to walk on eggshells. There should be no topics off limits. Dude a really really strong friendship was killed over fucking politics. It is something that will inevitably come up. Barack is on TV all the time and I would feel their eyes. But fucking Jesus, I am agnostic. I don't think it would be possible for me to be good friends with someone who wanted to make abortion illegal, and were bible humpers.

I think maybe my idea of a friendship is just different from the rest of you. I don't make friends easy and I only had one really long time friendship that was killed over ultimately the final straw being his shit talking of (like I mentioned earlier) Super Mario Galaxy. I am talking besides my wife who I think is as fucked up as me to even still be with me. I mean besides the fact that I make really good looking cool as fuck kids.

Honestly things at home would be better for her if I made peace with our friends that we had the fall out with over politics. I just don't think I can live like how I mentioned. This is all so confusing for me. Fuck me.

you have problems making friends!? Im shocked!
I think you might wanna listen to that wife on this one.
it's really stupid ending a friendship because of differing views on something, no matter how important it is to you. I know politicians of the most rivaling parties in my country who are the best of friends, but of course they fight like fuck whenever political topics come about.
imo, you should be able to have good fights with good friends, and when you're both wiped out from arguing, you take it easy and have a drink together and talk about something completely different to put things in perspective.
I could say a lot more about what your attitude reminds me of, and what it could be defined as. but Im not gonna go there. this is a fucking music forum!.....rock on

Look. I know I am a little fucked. I can't argue that but, here is the deal. Say you had a really good friend who was gay alright. And they were going to vote for McCain/Palin, that wouldn't give you not only great pause, but a great big WTF moment? I am talking Palin who on video attended a church that asked everyone to "Pray the gay away." Personally that is beyond masochistic. Voting for someone who wished you either didn't exist at all, or could pray it all away. I struggled with understanding how my gay friends could even think about doing this. I straight up wanted an answer because I didn't understand, and they never explained or educated us as to why. I still don't quite get it. My letter was stated in a way they could have just explained it. We are so very un-PC, and talk so openly about almost everything. But for them to talk shit about Barack and vote for, who I perceive as a maniac (Palin) especially when they are gay, warranted the need to explain. I am very sensitive regarding gay bashing and I am not even gay. You know fuckheads who say "My best friends are gay." Well, mine were.

I think I am in a unique position where I can kind of backup what the original post stated even though on the surface it seems ridiculous. Hope this shed some better light.

yeah it did.
good thing you're an Obama man. europeans have gotten back all the faith in your country that was lost during the previous/current administration, and even much more so!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2008, 07:02:23 AM »

"would you stop being friends with somone who makes fun of gnr?"

yeah, this I can understand.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2008, 07:18:56 AM »

Don't hail me and don't idolize the ink
Or I've failed in my intentions, can you find the missing link?

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2008, 08:17:40 AM »

wot a fookin silly thread!

go outside and live your poxy life! and get some fresh air!

Banter is Banter my mates take the piss out of me all the time about GnR

wait I forgot you yanks prob dont get banter!

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2008, 08:44:04 AM »

I've had many a fight with friends and girlfriends over GN'R, but I don't think I could just turn around and hate them because they don't like them.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2008, 11:02:54 AM »

Re: would you stop being friends with somone who makes fun of gnr?

No. I would kill them.

Alright, maybe I wouldn't "kill" them, but when I've ran into the same situation, I've let them know they are the stupid ones.

"It's just Axl, it's not even GNR anymore" ? idiot
"No, everyone else quit, and frankly this album is better than anything to other guys have done on their own." - me

"I listened to it once and I didn't like it. They played it on my satellite radio." - idiot #2
"It's not a pop album. This thing has so many layers and works on so many different levels, you can't possibly grasp it in one listen." - me

"Axl's like fat and bald. I thought he died." - idiot #3
[punch to idiot #3's throat] "Read a newspaper, shit head." - me.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2008, 12:25:53 PM »

slashsbaconpit,

You are a hero and a saint.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2008, 12:58:54 PM »

Probably not, cuz I wouldn't have any friends left no.  As we have all realized, not everyone listens to or has an ear for just one kind of music so i don't expect them to share my passion, but those who are closest to me, and may not feel the same are always well mannered in regards to a listen or a conversation, I'm good with that.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2008, 02:22:29 PM »

LOL at first i thought this entire thread might be a joke, but now i am 99% positive.  folungong... you are hiLARious!!!

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2008, 02:26:42 PM »

My best friends tend to be much, MUCH more conservative than I am - we basically have an unwritten rule to not discuss abortion, and in some instances, religion.  It's worked pretty well so far.

but a rock band?   Roll Eyes

I don't think it would be possible for me to be good friends with someone who wanted to make abortion illegal, and were bible humpers.

bible humpers  rofl
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2008, 05:49:27 PM »

This is my favorite thread in a long time.

For those who may not want to read through the whole thing, here are my favorite parts:

Never mention Gnr to them again, don't even bring it up. When they slag on you, just smile that weird smile of yours , nod your head and say something like " They said the Son of Sam was crazy too "

I'd disown my mother if she dissed Chinese Democracy

Life is too short. I mean fuck. I ended a looooong time childhood friendship with a dude (who was my best man) because he talked shit about Super Mario Galaxy.

In high school, i drove a purple car with a Prince symbol painted on the hood, so yeah, i am pretty use to my friend's making fun of my favorite bands.

would you stop listening to gnr if they make fun of your friend ?

hihi

-velimir

if it's my girlfriend we're talking about, I have the feeling I'd be forced to Grin

To answer your question...yes.

ill go on for days and probably use violence. but id still be friends.

Re: would you stop being friends with somone who makes fun of gnr?

No. I would kill them.

slashsbaconpit,

You are a hero and a saint.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: