Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 01:42:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl again on mygnrforum: Dexter homework
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl again on mygnrforum: Dexter homework  (Read 100564 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #280 on: December 16, 2008, 01:55:48 AM »

really, what did Axl do in 15 years since GN'R? oh, tha't right Nothing. .......until now.

what an ignorant thing to say.   

go listen to your snakepit albums in the ex-members section.
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #281 on: December 16, 2008, 09:48:34 AM »

First, I just want to say, I think it's incredibly cool to see Axl posting on the boards and interacting with the fans! Grin
As a fan who has from time to time expressed frustration with the whole long road to Chinese Democracy, it's nice to finally get his side of things. Honestly, I feel that a lot of his side of things came out on the album, but these detailed posts he's made have been incredible for us!

Now on the the next topic. Through the years, the only redeeming thing about me on these forums is my name. It's the only thing I've ever got feedback on. Anyway, it's time to explain it.

In one of Axl's posts, he talked about being the last man standing. To me, that's always the way I've seen it. Now, I love Slash's guitar work, but I've never liked the way he's whored himself out since his GNR days to about anything. And the way he's blamed Axl for things through the years. I know there are two sides to every story. Slash has always been a, ahem, guitar hero, but his public persona has been kinda bore-like when it comes to Axl. Bores are wild pigs, pork comes from pigs ... so does bacon.

So, the origin of my user name here is in reference to Slash kinda acting like a swine from time to time. Axl deserves to use the name GNR, and will always be its defining voice.  GNR got me through some really tough and lonely times as a kid, and I'm glad that someone still cares enough to keep it alive.

Anyway, thanks to Jarmo for this site as well. I know we've bumped heads, but we've always been on the same team.

lol thanks for finally clearing up your username, i always thought it was a reference to snake pit and it used to annoy me that you took that shit here Grin I like you alot better now! hihi

I guess in a way it kind of is a reference to that. An unkind reference.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #282 on: December 16, 2008, 12:03:01 PM »

It's so refreshing to hear Axl's side of things. It's nice to finally hear the truth.

Axl is God.
Markus89
Opening Act

Here Today... and hopefully tomorrow.

« Reply #283 on: December 16, 2008, 04:10:39 PM »

Many people have gotten tremendous amounts of joy out of your username.
Why? it realy makes so sense. just seems like 3 words strung together.

I love Slash's guitar work, but I've never liked the way he's whored himself out since his GNR days to about anything.

That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. He was keeping himself buzy since he had no solid band to cling to. untill he formed VR.
really, what did Axl do in 15 years since GN'R? oh, tha't right Nothing. .......until now.

According to rumours and stuff that's been said by Sebastian Bach, Brian May and many more Axl must have 40-50 songs finished, all better than anything VR ever could put out. Axl's stuff will get out they're some day, there's no hurry beer

That's what Axl's been doing, instead of selling out like some other oldgnr members.
If you don't call what Slash has been doing the last decade "whoring" himself out you dont know shit.

I'd rather have 3 great albums than 20 average ones. And I'm pretty damn sure we'll hear more amazing music from Guns in the future
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 04:12:57 PM by Markus89 » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #284 on: December 16, 2008, 04:23:29 PM »

since GNR? axls been occupied with the very gnr.  You must mean what did ex members do since gnr.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #285 on: December 16, 2008, 04:52:27 PM »

quality over quantity I always say
Opening Act

twat!

« Reply #286 on: December 16, 2008, 05:10:48 PM »

Axl's so cool, cant believe he takes the time to hang out with the fans likes us on the internet!

Very interesting read too, and I kinda get the feeling axl has more credibility than slash.
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #287 on: December 16, 2008, 05:33:18 PM »

It's no secret Axl has been very internet aware since Rio in 2001. I am pleased that he is telling it like it is. His version of the truth certainly seems more credible to me than the stories we have been spun.. they didn't sound quite right to me.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
Jani
Opening Act

« Reply #288 on: December 16, 2008, 05:38:46 PM »

Just giving my two cents here on a few things I've been thinking since reading Axl's replies and the feedback it has generated

About the GNR name: I totally understand Axl using the name after all other original members have left. You know, I have a band, I started it, and I would sure as hell not change the name if our lineup changed. Bands are like that usually, people come and go and the person who started the band can continue or not continue to use the name, any which way he/she feels is appropriate.

Also, usually there is a leader in the band, and it's good to have one because otherwise the music and other things going around it can get unfocused. A band, any band needs someone who has the vision, or sees the big picture. The old GNR was just like any other band internally, only on a bigger scale than usual. If you have ever been in a band I think you will get what I'm trying to say.

I think it was great that Axl did what he did with the post(s), and I'm looking forward to hearing more about his points of view.

I'm a cold heartbreaker...
MarianoG
Headliner

River Plate

« Reply #289 on: December 16, 2008, 05:45:40 PM »

http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081216&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp

AXL GETS VOCAL, ANSWERS QUESTIONS

In a rolling, voluminous, open letter to the fans, frontman Axl Rose has put together an almost encyclopaedic list of answers to all sorts of questions relating to the band (past and present), himself, the history and the business. If you have a question, chances are it is answered here, from Axl himself!
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #290 on: December 16, 2008, 05:56:16 PM »

http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081216&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp

In a rolling, voluminous, open letter to the fans, frontman Axl Rose has put together an almost encyclopaedic list of answers to all sorts of questions relating to the band (past and present), himself, the history and the business. If you have a question, chances are it is answered here, from Axl himself!

Am I the only one who wonders who's posting this fan forum stuff on GNR.com? I mean, if Axl wanted it on the Guns website, wouldn't he have posted it there himself? Seems odd.

And there goes the challenger...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #291 on: December 16, 2008, 06:38:48 PM »

Am I the only one who wonders who's posting this fan forum stuff on GNR.com? I mean, if Axl wanted it on the Guns website, wouldn't he have posted it there himself? Seems odd.

If he didn't want it on there it would not be there.
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #292 on: December 16, 2008, 08:49:25 PM »

Here in new york WPIX channel 11 has been running a commercial for their website that says to go there to see Axl Rose's message to his fans, and it flashes a pic of him.

http://www.wpix.com/landing/?blockID=163494&feedID=1335
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #293 on: December 16, 2008, 08:53:39 PM »

He wanted the fans involved in the writing of the letter, it's on gunsnroses.com purely for information. Get it? I applaud the way he did it.

Does anyone know when he will come back online? hihi

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #294 on: December 16, 2008, 09:09:38 PM »

I appreciate Axl FINALLY coming out and responding to some of our questions we have speculated or at least never heard his side. I think it was about time to clear the air and I hope he continues to do so. I think this has to be theraputic in some fashion for him to get these things off his chest. I think he will at least have more people sympathetic to his version on these forums especially since he is volunteering the information rather than being given the third degree by some journalist. THANK YOU Axl.

With that said... I believe his response indicates that he is obviously still pissed off at Slash and Duff for speaking to the media and suing for the GNR name rights. A couple of things here. If you look at things objectively. I do not favor Axl or Slash in what happened to GNR because I think they both share the blame to some extent.

It is pretty obvious Duff and Slash would try to sue for the GNR name rights. I mean put yourselves in their shoes. Who would not have done what they did considering what happened. If Slash and Duff would have gotten Axl to sign off on the name and and kicked him out, and kept the name this would have been equally as bad.

These guys are not Gilby and Matt or Bucket and Robin. Axl can say he wanted to keep the name because he was the one that came up with it, but come on... we all know the GNR name in and of itself is a multi million dollar corporation which has generated millions and will continue to do so for years to come. If that was his concern he should have also included Hollywood Rose and Rose in that clause. Obviously he didn't because those names are not worth anything.

Slash and Duff were stupid for signing over the rights to the GNR name plain and simple. Axl was pretty sharp by including that clause in the contract. The problem is... Axl is trying to say that he only wanted  to keep the GNR name because he came up with the name and because he did not want to give up on GNR unlike the former members who split and it was not about the money at all. Really? BULLSHIT!

AXL ROSE is an EXTREMLEY SMART Buisness man. Just consider some of the deals he has been able to generate throughout the last few years that we know of. First he was able to manage to get a record label to flip the bill for 13 years for him to make an album. When was the last time you heard of a label in this day and age do anything like this for any artist? NEVER! This album cost over $13 million and that is probably on the low end! For 13 years Axl Rose sat in the studio running up a tab getting paid while not generating one penny for the label for CD. I still don't know what deal he had but that must have been some contract his attorney drafted because I still amazed to this day how he pulled that one off!

Then he was able to get Slash and Duff to sign over the rights to the name probably because those guys were high and drunk most of the time during that period and did not give a shit about their live's let alone the name of their band until it was too late (Shame on Slash and Duff). Then he was able to sell the publishing rights to the GNR catalog for millions of dollars. He also managed to hire Irving Azroff and the other guy and to get an exclusive deal with Best Buy which probably paid back the record label for the past 13 years and still made some money or at least broke even where he would not have to pay the label back anything. He was able to get GNR songs on several films and even on Grand Thefy Auto and Rock Band II.

These are some of the deals we are aware of. So Axl Rose is not stupid and actually does care about MONEY! If he did not care about money why put WTTJ on a video game? Because MONEY Talks and pays for his Malibu Mansion and Ferrari's.  Therefore, how can he expect for Slash and Duff not to litigate the fact that they were part of the PRINCIPALS of the GNR corporation that generated millions and will continue to generate millions for years to come. Seriously! Slash and Duff would be even more stupid if they would have let this go.

Axl rose should know that Slash & Duff's decision to litigate is business not personal.  So I do not understand why he is surprised or shocked that they would sue. Besides Slash and Duff's argument is not that Axl Rose is not GNR, but that they are also GNR or entitled to the name GNR and that they are entitled to some of the revenue that the name generates.

In the end Axl still has the rights so why is he still pissed off about this. Slash and Duff never even mention this anymore and have been supportive and positive about Axl with the release of CD.

There also a couple of things that I still have a hard time understanding. The whole part where he says that he let Slash play whatever he wanted. Then he said that Slash told him Fuck you sing it this way or whatever. (paraphrasing). Why would Slash want to leave GNR and not work with Axl if supposedly Axl was agreeing with what Slash wanted to record? It does not make sense. I mean I can see Slash being that way if Axl was telling him that he did not want to work on Slash's material but not the other way around.

I do believe that there was a point were Axl may have tried to compromise and Slash was kind of tired with the way shit was going and tried to call Axl's Bluff thinking he could leave and come back later without repurcussions. Unfortunately, Axl was not bluffing and being that he had the rights to the name he said fuck you... you fucked up!

After all these years I understand that Axl can be pissed off about how shit went down and the he is not going to go crawling back to Slash or Duff. Nevertheless, I think they are at a point in all their lives that they can say and Axl can say... you know what? A lot of shit went down that should not have gone down but we are family. Sometimes family has nasty fights, but lets squash this shit and be civil. Axl and Slash don't have to hang out on weekends, but why continue this annimossity that serves absolutely no purpose. I think Axl will be seen as a bigger person by his fans if he lets this shit go as opposed to continue this way where it just seems childish at this point to hold this kind of grudge.

Axl if you read this I wish you the best and much love! A big fan always... I had a falling out with 3 close friends in my life over different things, but have squashed things with all of them because I know people sometimes fuck up and do shit at times that they wish they can take back, but unfortunately there is no such thing as a time machine. I am sure Slash and Duff regret what happened... its not like they go bragging about it or saying that you are a dick. Actually they are saying you sound great and that CD is great. Let it go man YOU will be the BETTER Person (no pun intended).

Sorry for the long post... its been a while since my last and so mush has happened.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #295 on: December 16, 2008, 09:24:00 PM »

It is pretty obvious Duff and Slash would try to sue for the GNR name rights. I mean put yourselves in their shoes. Who would not have done what they did considering what happened. If Slash and Duff would have gotten Axl to sign off on the name and and kicked him out, and kept the name this would have been equally as bad.

These guys are not Gilby and Matt or Bucket and Robin. Axl can say he wanted to keep the name because he was the one that came up with it, but come on... we all know the GNR name in and of itself is a multi million dollar corporation which has generated millions and will continue to do so for years to come. If that was his concern he should have also included Hollywood Rose and Rose in that clause. Obviously he didn't because those names are not worth anything.

So you START a business that turns into a success. But you think the guy who started it shouldn't have the rights to its name just because other people were involved and it became successful?

He would only be entitled to the business' name if it didn't succeed?  hihi

Then he was able to get Slash and Duff to sign over the rights to the name probably because those guys were high and drunk most of the time during that period and did not give a shit about their live's let alone the name of their band until it was too late (Shame on Slash and Duff).

You still try to make it sound like what your namesake has told us for years is true.

These are some of the deals we are aware of. So Axl Rose is not stupid and actually does care about MONEY!

No, Slash cares about MONEY.

If you think Axl cares about money, what does that make Slash?

Besides Slash and Duff's argument is not that Axl Rose is not GNR, but that they are also GNR or entitled to the name GNR and that they are entitled to some of the revenue that the name generates.

It's not their name.

Get over it.

Slash and Duff never even mention this anymore and have been supportive and positive about Axl with the release of CD.

rofl

There also a couple of things that I still have a hard time understanding. The whole part where he says that he let Slash play whatever he wanted. Then he said that Slash told him Fuck you sing it this way or whatever. (paraphrasing). Why would Slash want to leave GNR and not work with Axl if supposedly Axl was agreeing with what Slash wanted to record?

Slash quit thinking Axl would beg him to come back. He wanted to take over the band.

None of that happened and he has his own band to fuck around with now.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #296 on: December 16, 2008, 09:49:03 PM »

So you START a business that turns into a success. But you think the guy who started it shouldn't have the rights to its name just because other people were involved and it became successful?

He would only be entitled to the business' name if it didn't succeed?

They started a business together all having equal rights to the GNR name. GNR became an official business with value when they got signed by Geffen. Slash and Duff had a vested intrest in the GNR name hence the reason Axl had to get them to sign away their rights to the name.

No, Slash cares about MONEY.

If you think Axl cares about money, what does that make Slash?

Slash does care about money and so does Axl. There is nothing wrong with that. If Axl did not care about money he would be charging 5 bucks to get into a GNR concert and give away proceeds from CD to the poor. The fact that Axl cares about money is notthing negative. So who cares?  It is just a fact just like Slash and Duff care about money.

Slash quit thinking Axl would beg him to come back. He wanted to take over the band.

None of that happened and he has his own band to fuck around with now.

I agree Slash probably wanted Axl to beg him to come back and that did not happened. That was Slash's bad and Axl's perogative to hold a grudge. The problem is that Slash made a mistake and Axl holds a grudge after 15 years which seems immature at his stage in life.

What does any of this have to do with Slash fucking up his band? I would not talk about fucking up bands if I were you. Who just fucked up the most anticipated album release of all time by disappearing and not doing press? People do not even know who is in GNR these days. VR debut at #1 with Contraband GNR #4 on the biggest shopping day of the year.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #297 on: December 16, 2008, 10:04:06 PM »

They started a business together all having equal rights to the GNR name. GNR became an official business with value when they got signed by Geffen. Slash and Duff had a vested intrest in the GNR name hence the reason Axl had to get them to sign away their rights to the name.

Do you know what a founder is?

They were all partners in the GN'R corporation, but only one of them is the founder.

Slash does care about money and so does Axl. There is nothing wrong with that.

No, you just don't get it.

You make a claim and for comparison's sake I asked you what it makes Slash if you think Axl cares about money.

It's like saying somebody who has $1000 is rich. But so's Donald Trump....

The whole idea that Axl cares about money is something you brought up to be negative.

It's laughable considering you're probably one of those fans who's upset that Axl goes on "late".

The problem is that Slash made a mistake and Axl holds a grudge after 15 years which seems immature at his stage in life.

Oh boy.

You must really know all the details..... Oh wait, no it's called selective memory!

This isn't something that happened 15 years ago.

It's been happening ever since!

Who just fucked up the most anticipated album release of all time by disappearing and not doing press?

Finally you show your true colors after trying to hide it in those paragraphs.

Enough said "Hudson".

rofl

Go play in the VR section....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #298 on: December 16, 2008, 10:22:17 PM »

They didn't start a business together, they started a band together, and one of them walked out on the band while the other stayed. Then one started whoring himself out to every artist who would take him, to quote Axl "playing with everyone from Michael Jackson to Space Ghost", while the other one didn't release a record for 15 years in order to perfect his magnum opus, yeah that's caring about money, cause you make tons of money by not releasing records. Finally when his anticipated comeback is here and everyone wants to finally know his side of the story and he could have gotten every fucking magazine cover in the business and tons of money for it, he decides to give the exclusive scoop to the fans for free. Yeah, Axl is the one that cares about money... Get a grip on reality, your hero is a sell-out.

"Follow your heart and never sell out"

-W. Axl Rose

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #299 on: December 16, 2008, 10:24:20 PM »

Axl finally gave his side of things, but I don't see a need to write essays overanalyzing and questioning everything.   

This is a signal to move on..   We have all sides of the story now.   
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: