Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:19:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl again on mygnrforum: Dexter homework
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl again on mygnrforum: Dexter homework  (Read 100614 times)
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #260 on: December 15, 2008, 02:08:32 PM »

Stop backtracking, you said you apologized to The Shackler because of not reading the whole thing, but whatever.
The point is that Slash has been a known liar and Axl seems very interested in backing up his stories with facts and hasn't given us any reason not to believe what he says.

I wonder where Axl tried to read Slash's mind? As far as I can see, he has an excact quote from Slash.

yes i apologised to you(any reason you refer to yourself in the 3rd person) but, i misread the post that led me to do it.

he has a quote from Slash, then he offers his opinion on what devious manipulative plan may have been going on in Slash's mind when he said it.

mind reading was just to try and make a point more obvious, you missed it.

--------

and backtracking is going back and changing what you say, i said straight away i believe the vast majority of what was said.

-----

chineseblues i see your point and appreciate it, if other people had made simple comments like that this wouldn't have gone on so long.

I meant backtracking in regards to the apology. That said, there's no attempt at mindreading anywhere. Axl backed up what he said about Slash with a specific quote, not an assumption. What was your point again?

I don't know how you can even argue about this, the full quote is available for all to see, as you put it.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
wadey
Legend

« Reply #261 on: December 15, 2008, 02:30:07 PM »

i would like to say a big thankyou to Dexter for doin' all this work for the fans...............
but i can't understand why so many fans are arguing with each other about 'Axl said this' or 'Axl said that'..... or the fans that are disecting it bit by bit and trying to twist it a little to make different answers.
Axl has been quiet and kept out of the back biting and bitching for all this time and people are still not fucking happy!!!!  rant rant  WHY?

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #262 on: December 15, 2008, 02:33:39 PM »

i would like to say a big thankyou to Dexter for doin' all this work for the fans...............
but i can't understand why so many fans are arguing with each other about 'Axl said this' or 'Axl said that'..... or the fans that are disecting it bit by bit and trying to twist it a little to make different answers.
Axl has been quiet and kept out of the back biting and bitching for all this time and people are still not fucking happy!!!!  rant rant  WHY?

Leave me out of that category, I couldn't be happier.
Ask Alan, he was the one that tried to twist the words, I pointed to exactly what the words were.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

GN'R 2010!!!
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #263 on: December 15, 2008, 02:36:37 PM »

You guys are funny.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #264 on: December 15, 2008, 02:47:34 PM »

Great to hear Axls side of the story...

I believe you man... Cool
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #265 on: December 15, 2008, 03:24:50 PM »

Wow he answered my queston!    beer

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #266 on: December 15, 2008, 03:33:15 PM »

Just read the entire thing from A to Z.  Great stuff.  Great questions to, many thanks to the FANS for asking some killer questions.

Biggest mind blower to me was the "axl made us sign the name over or he wouldn't go on stage" story.  Man, that was cemented in my brain for years as "the truth". This is like realizing god isn't real  Smiley  Your whole world is just blown away.  For the record, the non-axl version of events around this story never really bothered me that much anyways - I've always thought of Axl as the creative/driving force behind GNR.

As for the whole Axl fans vs. Slash fans bullshit - give me a f'ing break.  If you're a fan of Appetite/UYI songs then you're a fan of both of these guys.  I firmly believe that no other group of 5 guys could have made appetite other than the 5 who did.  it was rock n' roll magic. 

Anyways, it seems like both have moved on with their lives... maybe it's time for some of you to get ones of your own?  hihi

Or it's like realizing God IS real!!   Wink

That sort of thought is part of the problem, here.  No one is GOD - not Axl, not Slash.   Roll Eyes

Oh my God....it's obviously a joke!!   Roll Eyes

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #267 on: December 15, 2008, 04:15:50 PM »

I want to see the rehearsal video Axl talked about. Damn, I almost hate that Axl threw that out there because we know there s a gem of a moment that we won't be seeing. And that sucks.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #268 on: December 15, 2008, 04:45:40 PM »

I have not been able to get much done at work these last few days, but what the hell it's rock history hihi

Finally! Hell Yes!

Axl: Your'e true inspiration peace

Now let's get the other members on here!

C´ommon Robin! Even if you are not on the next tour, stop by and share your experience of being involved in making this masterpiece! Even if you are on tour with NIN or so, bring out the lap top and tell us about your amazing solo on TIL, would love to hear your story.

And that goes for all of the rest of the tribe; Bucket, Bumble, Tommy, Dizzy, Chris, Richard, Brain, Frank and last but not least Paul.
You are all awsome so much great work. Come here and take a bow!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 04:52:35 PM by Sillything » Logged

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
axljungle
Rocker

« Reply #269 on: December 15, 2008, 05:15:45 PM »

Great to hear Axls side of the story...

I believe you man... Cool

+1

I agree

Chivi
Headliner

Chinese Democracy 'Cover Z'

« Reply #270 on: December 15, 2008, 06:32:11 PM »

I can't believe it ! The guy is not only a genius, but incredibly meticulous...

.....and has a memory like an elephant.  hihi

Of course he does, he is pretty much and always was the cleanest (drug wise) of the old bunch.  Memory tends to get mucky when you spent half the time strung out and out of your head.  Axl always had his vision and tried to stick to it the best he could.  Maybe that was perceived as being difficult or being a perfectionist but I certainly appreciate that more than I would someone sloppy who didn't care at all or only cared after the fact.

I just wish people would have asked better questions.  How many questions does he have to answer about the legality of the name?  Who cares anymore?  I care about the now and what the band will do in the future.  I mean, I am glad he is clearing it up but for crissakes I just wish some people would put it to bed already.

It's just too bad I am never awake when Axl is! Grin

I was, but I?m just to fucking slow to catch him. Now the guy is not only a meticulous genius but fast also!  rofl

I?ve already left my questions on the thread: future Q&A with Axl. I don?t know if it is a smart question or if someone else could be interested in it, but it?s interesting to me, and I?m not hurting anybody?s feelings with it.
I was told by a moderator (not in this forum), that my question could be a little too personal for Axl (I don?t think it?s personal at all) , and then it wouldn?t be included on the thread. I said OK! I respected it but didn?t agree.
The only stupid question is the one you don?t ask ?cause you?re afraid of the response/reaction! Of course, there are ways and ways to ask questions. Sometimes that's what make someone get upset or feel uncomfortable, not the question itself.

I do understand what you mean; I personally found a little annoying to hear people asking about the next record. After 15 years of agony, I think I could listen to Chinese Democracy for the next 5 years without complaining!  I have just begun my journey with this album.  But that just me?.Maybe as I said before. I?m too fucking slow? Wink

« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 10:39:55 PM by Chivi » Logged

Aprieto los dientes, miro a los dementes ...y d?nde est?s vos??
MrIntensity
Opening Act

« Reply #271 on: December 15, 2008, 07:28:04 PM »

Jarmo,

You should let Slash sign up to Here Today Gone To Hell... then, Axl and him can have the ultimate internet flame war and settle things once and for all. hihi

P.S- This is great stuff, I always felt the name "Guns N Roses" stood for something, and I always viewed "Guns N Roses" as a home, that Axl and the past members built, but when the other members left.. or gave up, that doesn't mean that Axl can't go on living in the home.. and can't invite anyone new inside to help keep it up.... peace
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 07:29:48 PM by MrIntensity » Logged
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #272 on: December 15, 2008, 07:33:49 PM »

Jarmo,

You should let Slash sign up to Here Today Gone To Hell... :

No thanks.

GN'R 2010!!!
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #273 on: December 15, 2008, 08:38:44 PM »

First, I just want to say, I think it's incredibly cool to see Axl posting on the boards and interacting with the fans! Grin
As a fan who has from time to time expressed frustration with the whole long road to Chinese Democracy, it's nice to finally get his side of things. Honestly, I feel that a lot of his side of things came out on the album, but these detailed posts he's made have been incredible for us!

Now on the the next topic. Through the years, the only redeeming thing about me on these forums is my name. It's the only thing I've ever got feedback on. Anyway, it's time to explain it.

In one of Axl's posts, he talked about being the last man standing. To me, that's always the way I've seen it. Now, I love Slash's guitar work, but I've never liked the way he's whored himself out since his GNR days to about anything. And the way he's blamed Axl for things through the years. I know there are two sides to every story. Slash has always been a, ahem, guitar hero, but his public persona has been kinda bore-like when it comes to Axl. Bores are wild pigs, pork comes from pigs ... so does bacon.

So, the origin of my user name here is in reference to Slash kinda acting like a swine from time to time. Axl deserves to use the name GNR, and will always be its defining voice.  GNR got me through some really tough and lonely times as a kid, and I'm glad that someone still cares enough to keep it alive.

Anyway, thanks to Jarmo for this site as well. I know we've bumped heads, but we've always been on the same team.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #274 on: December 15, 2008, 08:44:58 PM »

First, I just want to say, I think it's incredibly cool to see Axl posting on the boards and interacting with the fans! Grin
As a fan who has from time to time expressed frustration with the whole long road to Chinese Democracy, it's nice to finally get his side of things. Honestly, I feel that a lot of his side of things came out on the album, but these detailed posts he's made have been incredible for us!

Now on the the next topic. Through the years, the only redeeming thing about me on these forums is my name. It's the only thing I've ever got feedback on. Anyway, it's time to explain it.

In one of Axl's posts, he talked about being the last man standing. To me, that's always the way I've seen it. Now, I love Slash's guitar work, but I've never liked the way he's whored himself out since his GNR days to about anything. And the way he's blamed Axl for things through the years. I know there are two sides to every story. Slash has always been a, ahem, guitar hero, but his public persona has been kinda bore-like when it comes to Axl. Bores are wild pigs, pork comes from pigs ... so does bacon.

So, the origin of my user name here is in reference to Slash kinda acting like a swine from time to time. Axl deserves to use the name GNR, and will always be its defining voice.  GNR got me through some really tough and lonely times as a kid, and I'm glad that someone still cares enough to keep it alive.

Anyway, thanks to Jarmo for this site as well. I know we've bumped heads, but we've always been on the same team.

lol thanks for finally clearing up your username, i always thought it was a reference to snake pit and it used to annoy me that you took that shit here Grin I like you alot better now! hihi

GN'R 2010!!!
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #275 on: December 15, 2008, 10:23:25 PM »

In my opinion if Axl wanted to or was telling a lie why would he fabricate a giant story on a message board? To try it out? I dunno it just seems that his stuff is legit. He may be leaving things out but, I would never want to know every  detail of someones life for over a decade. I also do not think that this whole thing is a big deal... like if Axl was out to get people I think a person that could get a interview like him.... would get a interview and say all this. He has done it as respectful as he can and has not made it a media spectacle. I think he  did a great job of this when talking about everyones intentions with MY WORLD.

PS the Izzy interview

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/forum/guns_n_roses_was_here/new_izzy_interview_translated-t39431.0.html

In that he says it was the bands drug use... well you can read why he left and the rest... it is a nice interview.

thanks for the interview

can anyone explain me the thing about My world, i dont know what happen back then, ehat happened? they got critizised by it?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #276 on: December 16, 2008, 12:46:56 AM »

Many people have gotten tremendous amounts of joy out of your username.
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #277 on: December 16, 2008, 12:50:00 AM »

Why? it realy makes so sense. just seems like 3 words strung together.

I love Slash's guitar work, but I've never liked the way he's whored himself out since his GNR days to about anything.

That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. He was keeping himself buzy since he had no solid band to cling to. untill he formed VR.
really, what did Axl do in 15 years since GN'R? oh, tha't right Nothing. .......until now.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 12:58:03 AM by CaughtMeInaComa » Logged
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #278 on: December 16, 2008, 12:55:56 AM »

Why? it realy makes so sense. just seems like 3 words strung together.

You make me laugh too.

Dance for me, clown.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #279 on: December 16, 2008, 01:21:20 AM »

Jarmo,

You should let Slash sign up to Here Today Gone To Hell...

To quote Big Joe from Reservoir Dogs, "What'd be the point?  It'd only be more bullshit"
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: