Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:12:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl again on mygnrforum: Dexter homework
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl again on mygnrforum: Dexter homework  (Read 100600 times)
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #240 on: December 15, 2008, 01:30:44 PM »

So Slash has admitted saying my world was perfect so axl would take a backlash?

No he hasn't. That is Axl's opinion on what Slash was thinking, he cannot know for sure, and yet you think Axl can back up his opinion on what Slash thought?

Like I said I believe 90% of it, but something that was never said out loud? Something of which there can be no proof? yet obviously Axl knows what Slash is thinking and he must be right, he couldn't possibly be wrong with his opinion. Hell maybe Slash actually did like it?

These are Axl's own words on the subject, which he himself said he can back up every last bit of:

I wanted to try and develop it and wanted guitars of some kind but Slash felt and his words at the Record Plant in all seriousness were ?It?s perfect? and Slash and Duff were the deciding factor to have it on the album.

Sorry to disappoint you.

how about use the full quote....

Personally I feel Duff legitimately liked it but I can?t say Slash did in the same way. In fact I feel he was keenly aware some would take issue with the track and against me so for him in that sense it was ?perfect?.  Imo Duff wasn?t aware or part of that and was ?used? unwittingly for support in talking me out of developing it or not including it which at the time I had no real intention of using as is.

it's easy to paraphrase and twist words to make a point isn't it? not so easy when the entire text is freely available for anyone to go and pull the full quote though...

What does that possibly change? Axl still said Slash spesifically said it's perfect.

For the record I haven't paraphrased one goddamn thing, those were Axl's exact words so it's pretty clear Slash thought the song was perfect and wanted it on the album.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 01:33:29 PM by The Shackler » Logged

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Death Cube K
« Reply #241 on: December 15, 2008, 01:31:53 PM »

Just wanna say a short thank you to Axl for doing this. It's what we've been thirsting for...forever. It clears up a lot, fills in the blanks and gives us a much better view on things. And it's still only the tip of an ice berg no one here can see the ending of. Only Axl will do and I do not require him to write all that!

I haven't bothered with any questions as the rest of these "male groupies"  hihi hihi have done more than enough asking questions. Some of them were amazing, some were bad and some downright embaressing!

Thank you to Axl Rose for coming and doing this. He did it the right way, at the right time and at the right place(s)
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #242 on: December 15, 2008, 01:32:18 PM »

Alan,

this would be full quote without You twisting it and quoting from another paragraph than other poster did:

Quote from: Dexter
Great question and here goes for all your inquisitive minds with a bit you aren?t aware of but is the real story?

Unfinished 1st run 1st dabbling/experimenting all in fun demo that became Duff?s favorite song at the time telling me how he loved to blast it at his house with Ice T and the Bodycount guys before Illusions came out and before it was decided to be on the record. I wanted to try and develop it and wanted guitars of some kind but Slash felt and his words at the Record Plant in all seriousness were ?It?s perfect? and Slash and Duff were the deciding factor to have it on the album. :O

Personally I feel Duff legitimately liked it but I can?t say Slash did in the same way. In fact I feel he was keenly aware some would take issue with the track and against me so for him in that sense it was ?perfect?.  Imo Duff wasn?t aware or part of that and was ?used? unwittingly for support in talking me out of developing it or not including it which at the time I had no real intention of using as is.

love,

velimir
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #243 on: December 15, 2008, 01:35:24 PM »

lol @ Alan for deleting his post where he apologized to me for not reading the whole post

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

GN'R 2010!!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #244 on: December 15, 2008, 01:37:49 PM »

it's easy to paraphrase and twist words to make a point isn't it? not so easy when the entire text is freely available for anyone to go and pull the full quote though...

No need to twist anything.

Your hero Slash has proven himself to be very unreliable.

Stories change to whatever fits his needs.

When he's caught lying, he just laughs about it like it's no big deal.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #245 on: December 15, 2008, 01:37:55 PM »

he posted the first part of the response, i finished the quote off.... completing a quote is hardly twisting it is it?

@ the shackler my point is Axl is guessing at what slash thought. but people are taking it as a 100% certainty that he thought that.

-------------

@ Jarmo if you bothered reading back i said i believe 90% of what Axl said, basicly everything which could be backed up.

Whether i like someone's music or not has nothing to do with what i think of them as a person. Yeah Slash is full of shit, and I'm sure he was hell to try and work with when he was fucked up on drugs.

But tell me unless Axl is a mind reader how could he KNOW what Slash was thinking. People are treating guess work as fact. it's stupid.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 01:42:01 PM by Alan » Logged

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #246 on: December 15, 2008, 01:38:39 PM »

Quote from: randomconcepts link=topic=55351.msg1147080#msg1147080 date

PS Slash you were a lame Guitar Hero Challenge... hah.

[/quote

ok, yeah.   Roll Eyes

Its true. I kicked Slash's ass too. Jorden however owned me badly. Bucket's track bitch slapped me

... I am still digesting Axl's words. Its strange knowing what you know is now only what I thought I knew. Turns out I didn't know it at all.

Unlike other breakups this doesn't hurt me at all. If Slash and co. weren't so douchie, I wouldn't have Chinese Democracy. So I say GOOD RIDDANCE!

Cannot wait too hear what music Axl and GN'R have in store for us.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #247 on: December 15, 2008, 01:40:12 PM »

he posted the first part of the response, i finished the quote off.... completing a quote is hardly twisting it is it?

@ the shackler my point is Axl is guessing at what slash thought. but people are taking it as a 100% certainty that he thought that.

my part of Axl's quote was the only relevant one for christ's sake! That's where Axl specifically stated that Slash had said it was perfect!
I know, it can't be easy when you find out your hero is a liar, I don't blame you...

GN'R 2010!!!
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #248 on: December 15, 2008, 01:40:55 PM »

Lips Sealed
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #249 on: December 15, 2008, 01:41:46 PM »

Lips Sealed

lmao, excactly...

GN'R 2010!!!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #250 on: December 15, 2008, 01:41:54 PM »

Well consider Slash always says now that he hated it and never knew it was going to be on the album, yeah I think his intention was to get people to bash Axl for it. If he legitimately didn't like it or didn't know about it, then why tell Axl that he thought the song was perfect and that it should be on the album?
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #251 on: December 15, 2008, 01:43:25 PM »

Well consider Slash always says now that he hated it and never knew it was going to be on the album, yeah I think his intention was to get people to bash Axl for it. If he legitimately didn't like it or didn't know about it, then why tell Axl that he thought the song was perfect and that it should be on the album?

Because he likes to manipulate the media. Maybe he did like it saw the backlash and jumped on the bandwagon.

considering how many people here think he's full of shit is it that hard to believe?

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #252 on: December 15, 2008, 01:45:07 PM »

Because he likes to manipulate the media. Maybe he did like it saw the backlash and jumped on the bandwagon.

considering how many people here think he's full of shit is it that hard to believe?

Is that not what Axl is saying? Axl said Slash said that stuff to in the end make Axl out to be the bad guy. Which is what he has been doing all these years. So why the hell are you arguing about it?
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #253 on: December 15, 2008, 01:46:09 PM »

Alan deleting his posts where he apologized to me and Slash denying going to Axl's house drunk in the middle of the night... Do I see a pattern of behaviour here?

GN'R 2010!!!
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #254 on: December 15, 2008, 01:49:35 PM »

i apologised because i misread someone else's post. the first part(bodycount comment) had no relevence.

however i do think at the end of the day we believe the same things

1. Slash is full of shit and is very manipulative.

2. Axl's versions of events are much much closer to reality than Slash's.

----------

the one thing we don't seem to agree on is that someone can read minds....

The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #255 on: December 15, 2008, 01:53:33 PM »

Stop backtracking, you said you apologized to The Shackler because of not reading the whole thing, but whatever.
The point is that Slash has been a known liar and Axl seems very interested in backing up his stories with facts and hasn't given us any reason not to believe what he says.

I wonder where Axl tried to read Slash's mind? As far as I can see, he has an excact quote from Slash.

GN'R 2010!!!
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #256 on: December 15, 2008, 01:57:07 PM »

Alan this is pointless, really...

Quote from: Dexter
but Slash felt and his words at the Record Plant in all seriousness were ?It?s perfect?

So lets go back to mind reading... ups, I ment facts...

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #257 on: December 15, 2008, 01:57:42 PM »

the one thing we don't seem to agree on is that someone can read minds....

I think what he meant by knowing what Slash was thinking is looking back after all these years and seeing what Slash has said since then, he can tell what was going on in Slash's mind at the time. I think your taking what he said much to literally.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #258 on: December 15, 2008, 02:03:55 PM »

Stop backtracking, you said you apologized to The Shackler because of not reading the whole thing, but whatever.
The point is that Slash has been a known liar and Axl seems very interested in backing up his stories with facts and hasn't given us any reason not to believe what he says.

I wonder where Axl tried to read Slash's mind? As far as I can see, he has an excact quote from Slash.

yes i apologised to you(any reason you refer to yourself in the 3rd person) but, i misread the post that led me to do it.

he has a quote from Slash, then he offers his opinion on what devious manipulative plan may have been going on in Slash's mind when he said it.

mind reading was just to try and make a point more obvious, you missed it.

--------

and backtracking is going back and changing what you say, i said straight away i believe the vast majority of what was said.

-----

chineseblues i see your point and appreciate it, if other people had made simple comments like that this wouldn't have gone on so long.

IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #259 on: December 15, 2008, 02:05:08 PM »

I have to get this out - sorry for rant...for anyone who feels the need to follow Slash and pick up all his droppings and put them in a zip-lock bag underneath their pillow, etc...if you were able to erase all the BS you have absorbed over the years, and come in with a fresh mind - watch the early Axl/Slash interviews, and read Slashs own book, it is pretty clear that he was a junkie mess, with an overblown ego (his claim that he was 'more than half of the GnR sound', or something to that effect), who cared only about himself (dead 'friends', broken rehab stints), and who happens to be a great guitar player...now FF to yesterday - everything Axl said fits nicely into that puzzle.

You are your own jury, go whichever way intelligent thought drives you...it is pretty clear to me that we lost 15 years (needlessly) to Slash/lawsuits/etc.  I hope everyone can move on now, and not waste another minute on it - unfortunately I know that won't/can't happen - and Axl will need to address this issue a hundred times over again in the media...and we will continue to beat each other up over it here I guess.  Maybe someday Slash will stop this insanity by making an honest, heartfelt PUBLIC appology, rather than showing up on someones doorstep at 5am to do it - and then being caught in lies trying to deny it...I would expect Osama Bin Laden to turn himself in and give all his assets to the 9/11 fund right before that happens.   peace

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: