Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:17:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl again on mygnrforum: Dexter homework
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl again on mygnrforum: Dexter homework  (Read 100611 times)
COG
Opening Act

« Reply #220 on: December 15, 2008, 10:56:54 AM »

i don't undestand, why axl couldn't speak in this years for legal stuff (i've understood that, correct me if i read bad), but the other ones did?

Bring Back Buck
Nightrain 87
Headliner

One More Time Tonight!

« Reply #221 on: December 15, 2008, 11:03:09 AM »

The only thing I can think of is Axl owns the name and most everything GNR aside from the ex members likeness.     

So maybe they have less to lose if they keep talking than Axl does if he had said anything they could use against him. 

Ready to Crash and Burn
overmatik
« Reply #222 on: December 15, 2008, 11:30:46 AM »

A lot of things to think about it. In the end there's no heroes and villains, everybody did something wrong at some time.

What we can take for granted is that a reunion is almost impossible...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #223 on: December 15, 2008, 11:34:53 AM »

nd now you know who are the true villains thanks to axl
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #224 on: December 15, 2008, 12:13:56 PM »

According to him. Just like you shouldn't take Slash's story as gospel, neither should you take Axl's..

Like some have said-the middle ground is probably where the truth lies.

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #225 on: December 15, 2008, 12:16:47 PM »

According to him. Just like you shouldn't take Slash's story as gospel, neither should you take Axl's..

only to those who don't want to read:

Quote from: Axl
Unfortunately it's not in the middle and I can back up every last line in my bit or I wouldn't be here.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 12:20:12 PM by Bitch » Logged
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #226 on: December 15, 2008, 12:19:05 PM »

I have to agree.  This whole nonsense about there being a middle ground is just wishful thinking.  There is plenty of evidence outside of what Axl has said that Slash lies, and it seems to be a good part of his career now.  And now Axl has shown the real depth of Slash's lies.  All logical conclusions lead to Axl being in the right, and Slash being in the wrong.  No middle ground as far as I can see....

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #227 on: December 15, 2008, 12:21:01 PM »

Unfortunately it's not in the middle and I can back up every last line in my bit or I wouldn't be here.

So Axl claims. Again its his word over another. Anyway I'm not getting into this.

Him using the name doesn't bother me these days.

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #228 on: December 15, 2008, 12:23:21 PM »

Well, that's a load off everyone's minds.
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #229 on: December 15, 2008, 12:24:35 PM »

Well, that's a load off everyone's minds.

Nice to see you care Adz.  Cool

wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #230 on: December 15, 2008, 12:24:43 PM »

So Axl claims. Again its his word over another. Anyway I'm not getting into this.

ya, ya, ya... whatever...
Nightrain 87
Headliner

One More Time Tonight!

« Reply #231 on: December 15, 2008, 12:29:14 PM »

That's a pretty bold statement by Axl and I don't think he'd make it if he didn't truthfully have the means to back up what he has said.   

I'm leaning towards Axl on this one and if there is any middle ground at all it's very very slim.

Ready to Crash and Burn
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #232 on: December 15, 2008, 12:40:16 PM »

unless Axl has a way of recording what was going on in slash's brain when he said my world was perfect he can't back up every line.

i do believe 90% of it to be fact, but opinions on someone else's thoughts cannot be factual.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #233 on: December 15, 2008, 12:43:41 PM »

I was without internet the whole weekend. And now in my job I begin to read that Axl speak. I only want to share my emotion. Everything I have read today from Axl is amazing. Of course I have not worked today, I will be delay in all my projects but I don?t care. I want to say Thank you to Axl for the wonderful CD and now for telling us the truth about many things. Every day, I admire Axl more and more like an amazing musician but more important like and amazing human being.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #234 on: December 15, 2008, 12:44:15 PM »

unless Axl has a way of recording what was going on in slash's brain when he said my world was perfect he can't back up every line

What the fuck? That's the most pointless argument I've ever heard! Going by that logic, nothing in the whole world, ever, can be backed up! FUCK, it's not about what went on in slash's drugged down brain at the time he said it, the point is he said it and Axl is reporting that as a fact!

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #235 on: December 15, 2008, 01:01:39 PM »

i don't undestand, why axl couldn't speak in this years for legal stuff (i've understood that, correct me if i read bad), but the other ones did?
Think Michael Jackson vs. that kid he supposedly touched.  Did the kid have anything to lose?  Please do not read anything into my example (about touching, etc), other than what I am trying to say...Axl held all the cards - he owned the band...the rest that were attacking him couldn't lose anything by doing so - on the other hand, if they were to drag him into a public fight, a jury (if it made it that far) would probably have some pretty bad feelings for Axl - and ANY related statements he made could be dragged into a civil suit.

I feel for the guy...I hope he is 'free' finally...I would rather have him find happiness/peace than ever write another emotional/painful song again...of course I would selfishly prefer if he was able to do both.   peace 
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 01:10:11 PM by IKnowWhereIAM » Logged

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #236 on: December 15, 2008, 01:12:35 PM »

unless Axl has a way of recording what was going on in slash's brain when he said my world was perfect he can't back up every line

What the fuck? That's the most pointless argument I've ever heard! Going by that logic, nothing in the whole world, ever, can be backed up! FUCK, it's not about what went on in slash's drugged down brain at the time he said it, the point is he said it and Axl is reporting that as a fact!

So Slash has admitted saying my world was perfect so axl would take a backlash?

No he hasn't. That is Axl's opinion on what Slash was thinking, he cannot know for sure, and yet you think Axl can back up his opinion on what Slash thought?

Like I said I believe 90% of it, but something that was never said out loud? Something of which there can be no proof? yet obviously Axl knows what Slash is thinking and he must be right, he couldn't possibly be wrong with his opinion. Hell maybe Slash actually did like it?

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #237 on: December 15, 2008, 01:15:47 PM »

No he hasn't. That is Axl's opinion on what Slash was thinking, he cannot know for sure, and yet you think Axl can back up his opinion on what Slash thought?

Like I said I believe 90% of it, but something that was never said out loud? Something of which there can be no proof? yet obviously Axl knows what Slash is thinking and he must be right, he couldn't possibly be wrong with his opinion. Hell maybe Slash actually did like it?

These are Axl's own words on the subject, which he himself said he can back up every last bit of:

I wanted to try and develop it and wanted guitars of some kind but Slash felt and his words at the Record Plant in all seriousness were ?It?s perfect? and Slash and Duff were the deciding factor to have it on the album.

Sorry to disappoint you.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #238 on: December 15, 2008, 01:19:57 PM »

this is my last take on this... things are never black and white... it has been difficult for sure. Axl has chosen the path of not speaking, not speaking, not speaking and than finally speaking and telling the facts. it is like when You have fight with Your girl/boyfriend... wife... mother... daugther... and at that moment you say things you really don't mean. it is like explosion and usually you are sorry afterwards... or you see that it works good in media and you feel better about yourself and stick to the story. still you are better off to sleep over it and feel better about yourself because you didn't react.

not getting to deep in karma and live and let die shit, but Axl has wisely chosen the path of letting everyone say what they wanted, he didn't comment on the shit and didn't react 'emotinally' and 'brainless'... now he has decided to speak and wow, boy... as someone (I think Dell) once said... some will be hurt... but still Axl didn't speak out of his ass like Slash, Duff, Steven or Matt did...

wise, calm and intelligent... only shows how much further he got on the game called life.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 01:22:13 PM by Bitch » Logged
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #239 on: December 15, 2008, 01:25:40 PM »

These are Axl's own words on the subject, which he himself said he can back up every last bit of:

I wanted to try and develop it and wanted guitars of some kind but Slash felt and his words at the Record Plant in all seriousness were ?It?s perfect? and Slash and Duff were the deciding factor to have it on the album.

Sorry to disappoint you.

how about use the full quote....

Personally I feel Duff legitimately liked it but I can?t say Slash did in the same way. In fact I feel he was keenly aware some would take issue with the track and against me so for him in that sense it was ?perfect?.  Imo Duff wasn?t aware or part of that and was ?used? unwittingly for support in talking me out of developing it or not including it which at the time I had no real intention of using as is.

it's easy to paraphrase and twist words to make a point isn't it? not so easy when the entire text is freely available for anyone to go and pull the full quote though...

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: