Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:07:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl again on mygnrforum: Dexter homework
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl again on mygnrforum: Dexter homework  (Read 100595 times)
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #180 on: December 15, 2008, 03:34:13 AM »

you slashites will never give Axl his due.   he is on these boards telling his story finally and the same people who complained that Axl never spoke are now making him out to be a liar.  unreal.

None of this applies to Lynn, so I think it's unfair for you to use this argument in regards to her. She isn't "making him out to be a liar" nor has she ever complained about Axl's perceived silence. She's simply saying that there are two sides to the story and then there is the truth, which is accurate.

Thank you! 
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #181 on: December 15, 2008, 03:39:03 AM »

Absolutely fascinating.

I think this answers a lot of people's questions, and should stop a lot of people's ill informed views being spouted left, right and centre.

Why?  What ill-informed views?  So, he answered the questions, which it's time he should have, and I am grateful - finally - to hear his side.  That does not make the other views ill-informed.      

you slashites will never give Axl his due.   he is on these boards telling his story finally and the same people who complained that Axl never spoke are now making him out to be a liar.  unreal.

this posts are the ones that look bad.
 she is saying what she thinks, she is not saying that Axl is lying, nor that she belives slash has the truth. she has the 2 points of view on this matter, and thinks the truth its between those two. if you think Axl has the truth, ok, respect the others point of view.

in other thing, its great to know what Axl has to said, i think he is the greatest rockstar.

it would be nice to hear about Izzy, why he left, maybe he just got enough of all the problems between Axl,Slash and Duff, and in that part Axl felt more alone in the band. i would like to know how Axl felt.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #182 on: December 15, 2008, 03:41:35 AM »

Who cares about a MTV interview or a Rolling Stone article... is that what would make a interview "official"? I think it gets pretty official when you get to hear about something almost on a daily basis now from the horses mouth. I am perfectly fine with Axl never giving those schemers a chance to make a buck. This is a way better deal all news and answers comes from the horses mouth to the fans... no bullshit middle man... media shit storm. The answers are real and they will not get blown out of proportion like if they were on a MTV or in a Rolling Stone. I like this stuff better and truly shows that Axl is not a bad guy and that some things have to play out before you can get answers. I appreciate what Slash has done for GNR but, I don't know how some people needed to be told about Slash... this helps put things in perspective but, think about it Slash always has had some sort of ego and likes paydays... he is the one with a book, always trying to sell you some crap with his commercials over the years for the likes of  Volkswagen??? really come on and Master Card and Guitar Hero... the guy always has to have his face out there and on tv for whatever reasons... I rather listen to the music of someone that people say, "sits in his mansion in recluse and pisses his life away" (which I find just hilarious) than someone that is always plugging something and living off his glory days. That to me shows who is really in it for the art... a man that needs not make a appearance or a guy that you give a payday or stroke his ego can show up in probably 20 minutes or less. Plus Slash loves to cause a media spectacle and and when is the last time you ever seen Axl on a late show stirring the pot? I just appreciate that Axl has kept in classy. Slash always has came off as a guy that plays par guitar and has a schemer attitude. I will thank him for his November Rain solo but, that is about it.

PS Slash you were a lame Guitar Hero Challenge... hah.

ok, yeah.   Roll Eyes
randomconcepts
Headliner

SE7EN

« Reply #183 on: December 15, 2008, 03:42:51 AM »

I think Izzy gave a interview on that a bit ago... when he just released his last solo album. I am not sure where you an find it but, I do believe he talked about it for a bit and also talked about playing some shows in 06 with Guns on the Euro leg of the tour.

Cos I'm A Human Being...
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #184 on: December 15, 2008, 03:45:12 AM »

Just read the entire thing from A to Z.  Great stuff.  Great questions to, many thanks to the FANS for asking some killer questions.

Biggest mind blower to me was the "axl made us sign the name over or he wouldn't go on stage" story.  Man, that was cemented in my brain for years as "the truth".  This is like realizing god isn't real  Smiley  Your whole world is just blown away.  For the record, the non-axl version of events around this story never really bothered me that much anyways - I've always thought of Axl as the creative/driving force behind GNR.

As for the whole Axl fans vs. Slash fans bullshit - give me a f'ing break.  If you're a fan of Appetite/UYI songs then you're a fan of both of these guys.  I firmly believe that no other group of 5 guys could have made appetite other than the 5 who did.  it was rock n' roll magic. 

Anyways, it seems like both have moved on with their lives... maybe it's time for some of you to get ones of your own?  hihi

« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 03:49:40 AM by Hil-Dog » Logged

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #185 on: December 15, 2008, 03:47:27 AM »

I just quickly scanned this topic after slowly reading Axl's post and I can not believe some of 'the fans' ... the truth is somewhere in the middle? ... for all those that think so, go and read again what Axl wrote, word by word... and than contemplate ... or just F.O. ...

thanks Axl for speaking ... amazing read Smiley

velimir

I did read it.  Maybe I should read it, again, slowly, word by word, and then contemplate.  But I won't fuck off. 

it was not directed towards You directly, but Your post was the last one that I read... So sorry if it sounded too personal.
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #186 on: December 15, 2008, 03:47:59 AM »

I think Izzy gave a interview on that a bit ago... when he just released his last solo album. I am not sure where you an find it but, I do believe he talked about it for a bit and also talked about playing some shows in 06 with Guns on the Euro leg of the tour.

do you remember what he told?
B_Diddy
Opening Act

« Reply #187 on: December 15, 2008, 04:01:55 AM »

Amazing read!

Whereever the truth lies - and I tend to lean heavily towards Axl's version, given that it makes more sence - it is mindblowing to think about how long Axl has put up with shit in the press and in the business before finally giving the public some insight. I can't even imagine the nightmare of knowing that false shit is constantly thrown your way but still having the integrity to stick through it in order to ensure that all you've been working for doesn't go to waste (I'm assuming he wanted the album out there first before speaking).

An example of media-nonsense: the shitty magazine Aftonbladet in Sweden has a story online today that says that Axl is afraid of people and that that is the reason for not promoting the album, according to "a (anonymous obviously) source at the New York Post". Checking sources is a long lost art in media. Nowadays it's all gossip it seems. http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/klick/article3991283.ab

how do you know it's "false shit"?

I do not know, obviously. I'm sorry if I said it in a way of it being the truth, that was not my intention. But it is fair to say that Axl feels a lot of it to be false, which nevertheless makes it remarkable that he has not given his view until now. Imagine that every time your name shows up in media it is about how you are a dictator or whatever and you keep a stiff upper lip and stay silent. Most would not manage that. Now, my point was not to say anything bad about Slash - even though, as I stated, my opinion is that I feel Axl to be credible (and yes, as a fan of Axl's I could be accused of being biased on the matter) - but rather to point out a side of Axl that I feel to be admirable. That is: wheter what Axl said now was false or not, it doesn't really change the fact that he has stuck through a lot of attacks in waiting to share his thoughts about the situation. And that is what I wanted to emphazise as something special. Do you understand where I'm coming from?   Smiley

I've been dancin' with the Catcher in the rye, the TWAT has been knockin', the IRS won't leave me alone...
randomconcepts
Headliner

SE7EN

« Reply #188 on: December 15, 2008, 04:07:59 AM »

In my opinion if Axl wanted to or was telling a lie why would he fabricate a giant story on a message board? To try it out? I dunno it just seems that his stuff is legit. He may be leaving things out but, I would never want to know every  detail of someones life for over a decade. I also do not think that this whole thing is a big deal... like if Axl was out to get people I think a person that could get a interview like him.... would get a interview and say all this. He has done it as respectful as he can and has not made it a media spectacle. I think he  did a great job of this when talking about everyones intentions with MY WORLD.

PS the Izzy interview

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/forum/guns_n_roses_was_here/new_izzy_interview_translated-t39431.0.html

In that he says it was the bands drug use... well you can read why he left and the rest... it is a nice interview.

Cos I'm A Human Being...
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #189 on: December 15, 2008, 04:15:12 AM »

Yeh its a great if complicated read.Must have been hard for Axl to remain silent and listen to all this bullshit for years, he probably feels 10 stone lighter getting that off his chest ha
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #190 on: December 15, 2008, 04:24:42 AM »

In my opinion if Axl wanted to or was telling a lie why would he fabricate a giant story on a message board? To try it out? I dunno it just seems that his stuff is legit. He may be leaving things out but, I would never want to know every  detail of someones life for over a decade. I also do not think that this whole thing is a big deal... like if Axl was out to get people I think a person that could get a interview like him.... would get a interview and say all this. He has done it as respectful as he can and has not made it a media spectacle. I think he  did a great job of this when talking about everyones intentions with MY WORLD.

PS the Izzy interview

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/forum/guns_n_roses_was_here/new_izzy_interview_translated-t39431.0.html

In that he says it was the bands drug use... well you can read why he left and the rest... it is a nice interview.

Once again, I never said he was fabricating anything.

Thanks for finding an Izzy interview.  Izzy is probably the one who is the least emotional and the most level-headed about all of the bullshit about what happened with the "old" Guns.  He is the one to listen to and really read between the lines about anything that happened. 
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #191 on: December 15, 2008, 04:32:44 AM »

Just read the entire thing from A to Z.  Great stuff.  Great questions to, many thanks to the FANS for asking some killer questions.

Biggest mind blower to me was the "axl made us sign the name over or he wouldn't go on stage" story.  Man, that was cemented in my brain for years as "the truth". This is like realizing god isn't real  Smiley  Your whole world is just blown away.  For the record, the non-axl version of events around this story never really bothered me that much anyways - I've always thought of Axl as the creative/driving force behind GNR.

As for the whole Axl fans vs. Slash fans bullshit - give me a f'ing break.  If you're a fan of Appetite/UYI songs then you're a fan of both of these guys.  I firmly believe that no other group of 5 guys could have made appetite other than the 5 who did.  it was rock n' roll magic. 

Anyways, it seems like both have moved on with their lives... maybe it's time for some of you to get ones of your own?  hihi

Or it's like realizing God IS real!!   Wink

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
randomconcepts
Headliner

SE7EN

« Reply #192 on: December 15, 2008, 04:42:29 AM »

PS the Izzy interview

Thanks for finding an Izzy interview.  Izzy is probably the one who is the least emotional and the most level-headed about all of the bullshit about what happened with the "old" Guns.  He is the one to listen to and really read between the lines about anything that happened. 

Not a problem and everyone is entitled to their opinions on this situation and we may never know the whole deal. I  would have to agree that Izzy would be a person that does not have a particular side and is friends with all so he would be a good source for finding the truth but, I think in the end it is past and he may not remember it all and he may not want to step on anybodies feet either.

Cos I'm A Human Being...
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #193 on: December 15, 2008, 04:46:29 AM »

PS the Izzy interview

Not a problem and everyone is entitled to their opinions on this situation and we may never know the whole deal. I  would have to agree that Izzy would be a person that does not have a particular side and is friends with all so he would be a good source for finding the truth but, I think in the end it is past and he may not remember it all and he may not want to step on anybodies feet either.

I think you could tell by reading Izzy's interview right there that he obviously didn't want to "step on anyones feet"!  Can't remember my ass!...lol

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #194 on: December 15, 2008, 04:48:37 AM »

Biggest mind blower to me was the "axl made us sign the name over or he wouldn't go on stage" story.  Man, that was cemented in my brain for years as "the truth". This is like realizing god isn't real  Smiley  Your whole world is just blown away.  For the record, the non-axl version of events around this story never really bothered me that much anyways - I've always thought of Axl as the creative/driving force behind GNR.

Or it's like realizing God IS real!!   Wink

That sort of thought is part of the problem, here.  No one is GOD - not Axl, not Slash.   Roll Eyes
randomconcepts
Headliner

SE7EN

« Reply #195 on: December 15, 2008, 04:57:21 AM »

I was referring to lynn's statement... about reading between the lines of what happened... like if you wanted a complete log or time line of events that lead to Izzy leaving or the decisions he made... I doubt he would know... it just seems like people always want to know every little detail. That is what I was referring to by he doesn't know sir. As far as "god" i would like to think it's James Brown. I will continue to support GNR and listen to VR's Slither and hope that we can live in a perfect harmony. YEA for peace.

Cos I'm A Human Being...
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #196 on: December 15, 2008, 05:12:45 AM »

I didn't think Slash sounded bitter in his book - I thought he said what he had to say in a fairly civil manner.  I thought.  Maybe Axl is defending himself, here, but it took a lot of years to even start talking.  Yeah, it's great to hear his side.  It is. 

Kind of, basically, we've heard the same kind of stories from 4 or 5 other bandmembers who were involved in the "old" Guns.  And all of them eventually left.  I'm not saying Slash is the great truth-teller, here, either.  I'm just sayin', from what I've picked up, over the years, that there seems to be much more commonalities told from several others.             

There we go again....Miss "Slash is cool" and "The truth is probably somewhere in the middle"..... Sad

It's part of Slash's strategy to appear as he does in his book....If so many "Guns fans" like yourself and younggunner were left with the impression that Slash only said nice things about Axl and/or "the truth", then his well-thought schematic tone in the book has achieved its purpose. Not to mention, he got plenty of good advice on how to sound in a "bestseller" by somebody else.

What Axl wrote was unplanned, spontaneous, and honest direct communication with the fans. Had he written this in a book, he may have chosen his words a lot more carefully and appealing (to some). But then again, maybe that's not what he wants. And if this is the truth, which I personally always believed to be, then why make it sound differently when it is what it is. Deal with it.

If you are honestly a Guns and Axl fan, ask yourself why would you doubt his statements when they are solely in response to satisfy and answer fans' questions (for which by the way we should be first and foremost grateful), and NOT to sell books or anything else of personal interest. In fact, posting like this on message boards and answering much of everything, including complicated legally subjects as this, could actually expose more venues to explore for the greedy individuals mentioned who like to use any and all opportunities to jump in legally for financial and other self interest.

Unplanned? Spontaneous? He's had 12 years to figure out what he was going to say. I'd hardly call that spontaneous.

I am very glad Axl is speaking out. But I can't believe everyone here taking his word like it is the gospel. Axl has a side to the story and Slash has a side to the story and they're both going to skew it to make themselves look good. I'm sure a lot of what Axl is saying is the truth, but at the same time, if Axl is to be believed, then basically EVERYONE who has ever come in contact with him is lying. Slash, Duff, Matt, Izzy, countless producers, engineers, etc. Apparently they've all conspired together against Axl. He's laying the victim stuff on pretty thick.

I just don't believe that everyone in the media and everyone in the old band are liars and he is the only one telling the truth.

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #197 on: December 15, 2008, 05:16:19 AM »

I'm just saying that whenever two people fight, there are two people guilty...
(Above sentence might not really work in english since it's a dutch saying, but I hope you get my gist.)

I get it.

In English it means "as a Slash fan, I don't think Slash lies".  rofl

/jarmo

Oh come on Jarmo, I thought you could do better than that.

Axl lies, Slash lies, everybody lies, It's human nature.

Happy now?
BodyCount
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #198 on: December 15, 2008, 05:47:15 AM »

Oh c'mon!!

Everyone has delt with an actual - You get fucked and stabbed in the back for no freakin' justifieable reason, but to screw you for the benefit to the other person's personal gain -

If you have life experience (which has not so much to do with age ,but more to whether or not you get the silver spoon or the rocky road)-
you have delt with this and should be able to understand that this happens with NO FAULT OF YOUR OWN, in this case no one other than Axl!

Not two fighting two faults in this case whatsoever,
I'm not saying Axl's flawless and a perfect human being who makes no errors!

In this particular case, YES i do belive his side and it proves to be true!

Listen to CD, that's love for music, dedication and being true in what you believe in,
 all pressed into one record!
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #199 on: December 15, 2008, 05:58:56 AM »

I'm just saying that whenever two people fight, there are two people guilty...
(Above sentence might not really work in english since it's a dutch saying, but I hope you get my gist.)

I get it.

In English it means "as a Slash fan, I don't think Slash lies".  rofl

/jarmo

Oh come on Jarmo, I thought you could do better than that.

Axl lies, Slash lies, everybody lies, It's human nature.

Happy now?
The Osdorp Posse has a great song about that... "Honest Lying" (Eerlijk Liegen): Everyone is occasionally honest during the lies they tell (Iedereen is weleens eerlijk tijdens het liegen).

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: