Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:05:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Future Q&As with Axl (UPDATED)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Future Q&As with Axl (UPDATED)  (Read 40962 times)
Hale
Headliner

« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2008, 02:11:12 AM »

What did you think of this years Brazilian Formula 1 GP?  Grin
gnr4eva
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: December 15, 2008, 02:26:04 AM »

Hey Mr. Rose!

i was really upset when i couldn't go to the show in San Francisco at the Warfield in '06, but i bought tickets to see Guns in Sacramento; it was canceled, though, along with other shows. Did the cancellation of the last couple of shows really affect the release of Chinese Democracy? Can i get tickets/backstage pass for an upcoming show, like in L.A or San Diego now that i live in SoCal, when you guys tour? lol i'm just tryin to get the most out of a once in lifetime chance man... Tongue

thanks a bunch! chinese democracy is a great early 17th birthday present.
fito_gnr
Headliner

« Reply #142 on: December 15, 2008, 02:54:44 AM »

hi from Bolivia South america

1.- In the process of writing a song do you go first with the lyrics, the melody or both??
2.- What are your thoughs about us sharing bootlegs of GN'R concerts and other unofficial stuff.

Thanks man!!

?it?s a fire you can?t stop it?s ROCK N?ROLL?
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #143 on: December 15, 2008, 04:01:15 AM »

wot are the planned single realeases from CD and in wot order we know Better is very soon!

Wot ispired the writing of each song on the ablum we know about some (Shacklers and Sorry) im just intrested about the other songs!

Thanks fella

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
Sentimental Rose
Opening Act

I lead a reckless life & I don't need your advice

« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2008, 06:04:49 AM »

Hey Axl,
I just want to say thank you, the music means alot to me.  When you guys do hit the road I hope you'll hit up Oklahoma, I'd love a chance to see you guys.  Hell what better place would there be to play "Oklahoma" for the first time then Oklahoma!

"I've got one foot out the door tryin' to hit the road ain't no match for your mean old man I think its time to roll"
mcmurray
Headliner

« Reply #145 on: December 15, 2008, 06:13:56 AM »

Axl,

1)  Did Buckethead ever offer you any pointers, advice or insight into guitar playing?

2)  Did you ever meet Cory and Trevor?

Thank you   peace
szmore21
Headliner

« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2008, 06:40:54 AM »

Why/what did you  thank Kimi Raikk?nen on the booklet of Chinese Democracy?
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #147 on: December 15, 2008, 06:44:35 AM »

Hi Axl, love the album and the cover picture, What's the story behind the cover?

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
kingcanute
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #148 on: December 15, 2008, 07:02:57 AM »

Hi Axl, first of all thanks for everything over the years and respect for your work!

Could you tell us a bit about your vocal instrument, how it has evolved over the years, ups and downs, what's technically challenging with regard to recording vocals etc. ? Do you work on any specific area to try to adapt your voice to certain styles? To what degree do you feel like you are in control over your own voice and that you are able to get the exact tone or sound you are looking for?
Millions
Headliner

It burns when I pee...

« Reply #149 on: December 15, 2008, 07:07:46 AM »

Hi Axl - greetings from Scotland!!! (Get your ass over here sometime soon....)

My question is : Do you ever think about your legacy, and the future legacy of GNR?  Do you hope to be remembered as being up there with Led Zep, the Stones, etc?

That's how myself and a lot of the fans think of GNR - you guys are the best band to come out of an era. But does this add a lot of pressure when song-writing  or putting out a new album - if it has to live up to these standards and expectations?

Thanks,

John.

ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #150 on: December 15, 2008, 07:33:11 AM »

Hey Axl,

the speach in paris regarding warren beaty gave me goosebumps. It was a brutal yet excellent way to bring someone down infront of millions, is there a "rant" you feel bettered it??

I sang a part of knocking on heavens door at hammersmith england with you, do you remember it?? any official footage?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #151 on: December 15, 2008, 10:22:27 AM »

what song/part on cd took you the longest time to finish? and the shortest?

and which one is that previously called 'quick song'?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #152 on: December 15, 2008, 10:25:06 AM »

Hey Axl,
I just want to say thank you, the music means alot to me.  When you guys do hit the road I hope you'll hit up Oklahoma, I'd love a chance to see you guys.  Hell what better place would there be to play "Oklahoma" for the first time then Oklahoma!

I think I read that oklahoma got changed to Berlin
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #153 on: December 15, 2008, 10:31:25 AM »

Hey Axl,

Sure that wasn't a joke? Who knows...
All I know is he said some years ago (like back in 2000) that he  was inspired by writing the song after the oklahoma bombing... From the article:

Another song, called ''Oklahoma'' - heard tonight only as an instrumental - was inspired by a court date with ex-wife Erin Everly. ''I was sitting in my litigation with my ex-wife, and it was the day after the bombing,'' Rose remembers with a wince. ''We had a break, and I'm sitting with my attorneys with a sort of smile on my face, more like a nervous thing - it was like, 'Forgive me, people, I'm having trouble taking this seriously.' It's just ironic that we're sitting there and this person is spewing all kinds of things and 168 people just got killed. And this person I'm sitting there with, she don't care. Obliterating me is their goal.''

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #154 on: December 15, 2008, 10:35:12 AM »

Hey Axl,

Sure that wasn't a joke? Who knows...
All I know is he said some years ago (like back in 2000) that he  was inspired by writing the song after the oklahoma bombing... From the article:

Another song, called ''Oklahoma'' - heard tonight only as an instrumental - was inspired by a court date with ex-wife Erin Everly. ''I was sitting in my litigation with my ex-wife, and it was the day after the bombing,'' Rose remembers with a wince. ''We had a break, and I'm sitting with my attorneys with a sort of smile on my face, more like a nervous thing - it was like, 'Forgive me, people, I'm having trouble taking this seriously.' It's just ironic that we're sitting there and this person is spewing all kinds of things and 168 people just got killed. And this person I'm sitting there with, she don't care. Obliterating me is their goal.''

I dunno, I figured that if it got changed to berlin it might have changed from being about the bombings to being about second worldwar, as you said who knows, hopefully time will tell
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #155 on: December 15, 2008, 10:48:13 AM »

what is common to Oklahoma and Berlin?

and Jackie chan and checkmate Grin?
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #156 on: December 15, 2008, 10:49:27 AM »

Um, what?

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #157 on: December 15, 2008, 10:51:15 AM »

Thanks for taking the time to share so much information with us.

1 - To follow-up on your comments regarding Catcher in the Rye, specifically on how particularly vulnerable individuals might be pushed over the edge by getting too caught up in the whole "Holden Caufield Syndrome"  -- you seem to be promoting the idea of artist / writer / musician responsibility.  Have you ever felt the need to self-censor yourself for that reason or do feel that you should have self-censored on any previously released GNR records?

2 - You and Izzy have made great music together and have both made great music since he left GNR.  At the same time, in comparing Izzy's solo albums to Chinese Democracy, there's a bit of a difference there, so I wonder what it was like for you writing with Izzy back in the day and resolving any musical differences that you had.

Merry Christmas!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #158 on: December 15, 2008, 10:53:54 AM »

Um, what?

and what? Huh
Nightrain 87
Headliner

One More Time Tonight!

« Reply #159 on: December 15, 2008, 11:04:27 AM »