Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:55:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Future Q&As with Axl (UPDATED)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Future Q&As with Axl (UPDATED)  (Read 40956 times)
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2008, 09:26:57 PM »

I havent read all the Q's so hopefully I'm not blowing my 2:

1) The first night at the Hammerstein in '06. There was a sense in the crowd that nobody knew what to expect after 3 and a half years of (mostly) silence. After "Jungle" finished though, the crowd was going fucking crazy. I was about 3 rows away from you and noticed as you looked around the crowd, you got a big grin on your face. I kind of took it as you were relieved as if you didnt know what the response would be from the crowd. If I am totally off on that, what was going through your mind at that time. It was one of my most memorable moments of all 4 nights and have been wondering.

and

2) From that same night, you made Tommy come back and repeat into the microphone "I'm having a really good fucking time" to which you stated "You have no idea what that means" .............So, what did that mean to you? I was a fan of the Replacements long before I ever heard of GnR so when I heard Tommy was onboard I knew we were in for something special. If I can slip in a 3rd, are we going to get to hear Tommy sing any tracks on future records?

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions. peace

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #121 on: December 14, 2008, 09:42:56 PM »

Here's my two:

1. Since you've been talking about a lot of things you haven't in the past, does this imply that all of, or the majority of, the legal issues/disputes between you and your old band mates are over?

2. What do you want for Christmas (just curious, I am not actually planning on getting you anything, the economy is kinda rough right now  hihi )

3. bonus - whats your favorite type of cigar?

and just want to say thanks for all of the amazing music you've given us over the years.  Some GNR songs have gotten me through some of the toughest times of my life - seriously, thank you.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 03:29:40 AM by Hil-Dog » Logged

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Yellow Discipline
Opening Act

« Reply #122 on: December 14, 2008, 10:22:54 PM »

I can answer Kujo's question and say that Tommy WILL NOT sing lead on future Guns n' Roses albums.

Still thinking of my 2 questions.
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2008, 10:33:29 PM »

Oh wait..SHIT!! I've got a good one...

Ok that whole admission that RazZ doesn't have Checkmate still stands....

But I've got em now...

1. Will you ever, EVER play Cornshucker again (please ffs do...that shit was funny....as hell...and my wife hates it...so ....PLEASE DO....)

2. The Asshole song (you are an asshole and everyone knows it).  We want a full version on the next tour. I wanna hear the full song, recorded live, so I can sing that shit past the second line....

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #124 on: December 14, 2008, 10:47:58 PM »

1.)  Will you be touring the states first/overseas or vice versa in 2009?  Do you plan on playing shows in different places this time, such as Kentucky or Indiana?
2.)  Will you try and get Buckethead and Brain back in the band and have them help you record the next album?  Besides Jackie Chan and the Elvis Presley song you've mentioned, will these or others be on the next album?  Will you hope to have the next album out in the next couple of years?
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #125 on: December 14, 2008, 10:55:58 PM »

I want to know what Axl thought of Dexter's Season 3 finale that was on tonight...

That would be all.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #126 on: December 14, 2008, 10:59:18 PM »

love
just that i can be a pain in the ass.an im sorry about that.no questions really im sure he got enough of them.this is a good thing reaching out to fans.and i thank you.even if im a pain in the rump lol.

the one an only horsey !
Atrexl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: December 14, 2008, 11:00:31 PM »

Hi , Axl , I'm a GNR fan from China!

No.1
I'm not sure whether you know that there are also many many GNR fans in China.  ha
If you are interested, you can visit this chinese GNR website :   www.gnronline.cn
You can also reply the articals there.(I know ,you can not speak chinese,so typing English is all right.No problem.)

No.2

Do you have any plans on the next album?Huh

Thank you !!!!
Sandstone
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #128 on: December 14, 2008, 11:03:18 PM »

IF Axl comes back I'll post this just in case. Gotta be in it to win it. He has pretty much answered everything else I wanna know.

1) I always wondered. Slash says in his book (plus in the media at the time) he turned up at your house a few years back. Someone answered and said you weren't there. Just wondered if a meeting did actually occur? OR you were there and decided to not speak to him? OR you genuinely weren't home?
Just in an old press release for reference:

"In October of 2005, Slash made an unannounced 5:30 AM visit to Axl Rose's house. Not appearing to be under the influence, Slash came to inform Axl (about his new band Velvet Revolver) that: 'Duff was spineless,' 'Scott Weiland was a fraud,' that he 'hates Matt Sorum' and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself 'the stronger.' Based on his conduct in showing up at Rose's home, Axl was hopeful that Slash would live up to his pronouncements that he wanted to end the war and move on with life. Unfortunately that did not prove to be the case."[
Bobby86
Opening Act

« Reply #129 on: December 14, 2008, 11:11:20 PM »

Axl I was at the show in Halifax when you played with Bubbles.. Amazing performance by the whole band.. Thank you for playing Liquor and Whores.. I think that was my proudest moment to be a Nova Scotian  haha... Anyway my questions are Would you consider coming to Halifax or Newfoundland for a show? And If you could be remembered for one song that you've written and performed would it be November Rain, or something else? Thanks for releasing Democracy!
Amari2677
Headliner

« Reply #130 on: December 14, 2008, 11:12:45 PM »

Hey Axl,
   I've been a die hard supporter since I first heard Jungle while in 5th grade.  It is so great that you are reaching out to your fans in the manner you have been.  It is greatly appreciated.  Below are the two questions I would love to have answered:

1) Over the last few years, Trent Reznor has been making many GN'R references on NIN.com (hard to say if they were in a negative light or not).  As I remember, you were a fan (even having them open for you in '91 and donning the "Sin" shirt during many shows in '91) and spoke very positively of Nine Inch Nails several times.  My question is do you have any sort of relationship with Trent and what are your thoughts on his music?  I dream of a collaboration between the two of you (the thought of you singing "Hurt" or NIN doing "Estranged" is amazing to me).  I would love to hear your thoughts on my second favorite all time band.

2) What are your thoughts on Howard Stern?  I recall you being on the show back in 1990 with Sebastian and would love to see you back on the show.

I'm free of all the chains we held together...
gunsnmoses
Opening Act

« Reply #131 on: December 14, 2008, 11:19:16 PM »

As a drummer, here's a couple questions regarding the drums on Chinese Democracy:

1) On the songs where the drums are by both Brain and Frank (Better, TWAT, etc), who plays what and how can (those of us that care about stuff like this) tell the difference?

2) Do demos exist, of the songs that made it onto Chinese Democracy, with Josh Freese on drums and if so, which songs?

Thanks Axl! Chinese Democracy is great and was worth the wait!
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #132 on: December 14, 2008, 11:30:07 PM »

Hey Axl!

1. Your opinion on Shannon Hoon?s death and how did you take it back then?
2. How about a dvd release of the making of Estranged, November Rain and Don?t Cry?

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #133 on: December 14, 2008, 11:36:55 PM »

If you're reading, just want to say thanks for spending time with us Axl! 

1.  Can you tell us what happened at Philly 2002 and the events that resulted in the canceled tour?
2.  During the '06 tour we saw you out and about quite a bit, with papparazzi shots of you all over town, especially in my neck of the woods of NYC (you should definitely get a place here!).  Before that and since then you've managed to stay out of the spotlight.  Are you mostly a homebody or do you have secrets to avoid the cameras?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Appetite4ARose
Opening Act

Orale!

« Reply #134 on: December 15, 2008, 12:50:07 AM »

Hey Axl, do you ever play GTA: San Andreas and listen to your own radio station, KDST?
Oh, and did you come up with your lines or were they written for you?

love love love
dreamer girl
Opening Act

The Entombment of Christ by Raphael, 1508

« Reply #135 on: December 15, 2008, 01:08:45 AM »

Hi Axl,

Thank you kindly for taking time out of your life to answer questions and talk to your fans. You really are sincere and thoughtful and graceful

and I am probably not the only one to think that you definitely do not have to do any of this or do any interviews so this is extremely

generous of you.

"Chinese Democracy" is a Magnum opus. Thank you for being generous and sharing your creative genius with the world and with history,

as it will surely be regarded as one of the best works ever.  Grin

If I am fortunate enough to have a question answered here is my submission (two questions) and thank you in advance.

I totally understand if you cannot answer mine -- I am happy just to read your other responses, so thank you.

1. Would you ever be interested in acting (whether it be stage or screen)? Even if you aren't contemplating it now -- would

you consider it?

I think you have a natural gift as you are one of the most engaging and charismatic frontmen in the history of music.  Grin

This rare talent of yours often translates very well to acting -- as witnessed by some of the best performances ever on

screen -- the following singers all won Oscars for their acting performances:  I could easily see your name on this list some day.

Bing Crosby, Going My Way (1944);
Frank Sinatra, From Here to Eternity (1953);
Rita Moreno, West Side Story (1961);
Barbra Streisand, Funny Girl (1968);
Liza Minnelli, Cabaret (1972);
Cher, Moonstruck (1987);
Jamie Foxx, Ray (2005);
Jennifer Hudson, Dreamgirls (2006).

The following singers were nominated for Oscars for their acting performances:

Judy Garland, A Star Is Born (1955);
Judy Garland, Judgment at Nuremberg (1962);
Liza Minnelli, The Sterile Cuckoo (1970);
Diana Ross, Lady Sings the Blues (1973);
Barbra Streisand, The Way We Were (1974)
Bette Midler, The Rose (1980)
Bette Midler, For the Boys (1992)
Will Smith, Ali (2002);
Queen Latifah, Chicago (2003);
Jamie Foxx, Collateral (2004);
Will Smith, The Pursuit of Happyness (2007);

2. It must be torturous living in the "fishbowl" of celebrity -- where there are hangers-on that want a piece of your success, yes-men/women

who think agreeing with everything you say is a way into your inner circle, supposed "critics" that think they know about

music but haven't the first clue, supposed "reporters" who write lies about you and invade your privacy, and

everyone else (whether it be supposed "fans", so called "friends", former bandmates, supposed book "authors" -- all trying to

rip you down because of their envy of your talent and success).

This is most recently evidenced by how your kindness in posting to these various message boards has been twisted by the media and even

by some so called "fans". It seems there is always someone that wants to vilify, libel and slander you -- and in the utmost irony -- you in

no way had to do this for anyone, it was a sincere act of generosity and kindness (but yet some "fans" and so called "journalists" jump

at the chance to use this as an opportunity to twist your words, libel and slander you and take more shots at you -- as if they were

waiting in the wings to pounce with glee).

I guess no good deed goes unpunished! Which really makes those of us who have always supported you angry and disgusted. 

You seem to deal with this with utter class, rising above all the garbage -- how do you do this? I am a very sensitive person

and also in the arts (I'm a student) and growing up it has always been difficult for me to not let it get to me...and it is easy to hurt my feelings.

Are you naturally gifted with your eloquence and grace at not letting this rubbish get to you

or do you have a philosophy or method you employ?  Grin

Thank you again for your time and thoughtfulness and generosity. I admire all of your art and would be happy to see any

creation of yours. Being alive to witness your art is like living in the time of the great Renaissance artists,

like Raphael or Michelangelo.  peace

Yours truly,
dreamer girl
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 09:45:12 PM by dreamer girl » Logged
efish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2008, 01:13:01 AM »

I can answer Kujo's question and say that Tommy WILL NOT sing lead on future Guns n' Roses albums.

Still thinking of my 2 questions.

On what authority do you know that?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2008, 01:23:15 AM »

First I would like to thank Axl for taking the time out to talk to us....

I think alot of you guys have done a great job asking questions about the new record and upcoming plans etc...so I'm going to go with a couple wildcard questions so to speak...stuff I always wanted to ask...

1.  Do you have any thoughts or opinions on the Kurt Cobain feud from back in 1992?  Do you sum it up as just another "rock n roll feud" or do you have stronger feelings about it?  I know its been a long time but it seems that the whole Nirvana vs. GNR thing still comes up from time to time so I would love to hear any feelings you may have on the subject, I don't recall any journalists asking you about it past 1994... As a die hard GNR fan, the bullshit that Kurt Cobain would say always pissed me off...

2.  I have heard in many places that you had a documentary crew filming pretty much at all times during the Use Your Illusion tour...is that true? and is there any chance that footage will ever see the light of day?
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2008, 01:36:12 AM »

Hi Axl,

2 questions:

1. Can you talk about your arrest in the Phoenix airport in 1995 and what went down?
2. My wife and I are due with our first child very soon and we were wondering if you could help in providing us with some baby names?

Cheers and Merry X-mas,

Phil
kreseb
Opening Act

« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2008, 01:45:03 AM »

1.Following the internet leaks of demos for "I.R.S.", "Better", and "There Was a Time" back in early 2006, you performed those songs live throughout the summer tour.  Would there be any credence to you performing those songs live to give a proper representation to the songs after unfinished mixes spread?

2. Who do you consider to be your all time favorite sport team and do you have a favorite or admired athlete?

I hope to see you someday soon preform in Houston, TX.  I was only 8 and considered too young by my parents at the time to go to the Guns/Metallica show at the Astrodome and in 2002 I bought front row tickets from a broker prior to the tour cancelation.  All the best of love and thanks for giving us this candid opportunity.   beer
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 02:16:20 AM by kreseb » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: