Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 12:17:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Future Q&As with Axl (UPDATED)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Future Q&As with Axl (UPDATED)  (Read 40985 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #160 on: December 15, 2008, 11:48:18 AM »

1.  Would you agree that Velvet Revolver was an attempt to restart GNR with a different singer?  Hell, even Izzy was involved early on.

2.  What would it take to get Bucket back in the band?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #161 on: December 15, 2008, 12:03:38 PM »

Dexter,

Thank You for all the time and effort. I hope these are not too personal:

1. Do You think You have now found peace and love You need - firstly inside, but also with people surrounding You (friends, the band...) and is there anything that makes You smile when You wake up in the morning?

2. If this direct fans communication will work for You in the way You expected, would You consider interacting with fans more on some things as tour audio/video ideas, music videos, website content, etc.?

Thanx for all!

Love,

Velimir
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 12:06:14 PM by Bitch » Logged
cpaxlvacy
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #162 on: December 15, 2008, 12:06:25 PM »

i think Axl is not gonna answer any more questions for a while.
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #163 on: December 15, 2008, 12:19:44 PM »

If he would ever find the time again to answer some fan questions, great! so here I go:

@ Axl f'cking Rose!  Shocked
1. Is there anything you would like to ask us? (the fans in general)  ok
2. Why is 'Uzi Suicide' not mentioned anymore on Chinese Democracy?

Anyhow, a great thank you for the time you spent with us on several boards!

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #164 on: December 15, 2008, 12:30:21 PM »

Must... Resist urge... To edit my questions... Into earlier posts so... That there is more chance... That he will see them...

Axl!, great to see you referencing Pink Floyd, my favourite band (no offence Wink), though GNR come in at a respectable fourth! (The Who and The Kinks, if you're asking.) Anyway, my two questions are Floydish:

1) Are you a Floyd fan yourself? If so, which was your favourite lineup (Barrett lead, Waters lead, Gilmour lead... As if you didn't know) and album?

2) What is the longest song that the band have recorded? I'd love to see a 20 minutes plus effort (Dogs is my favourite song ever!) from the likes of yourself, Bucket, Brain and Finck... My Lord. It would just about make my year. I know that it isn't realistic that we would ever see a song of that length released by a band as big as yours (I don't think that you'd be able to get away with it these days...), but have the band ever worked on anything that pushed the limits of acceptable length... If so, was it cut down into something else, or is it destined to stay locked away in the vaults?

Cheers, Axl!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
e^iPI
Opening Act

« Reply #165 on: December 15, 2008, 12:51:23 PM »

1) what are the chances of RAPIDFIRE ever seeing the light of day, or any of your other really early work. i personally really enjoyed the hollywood rose stuff, and am very eager to get anything like that i can?

2) what are your more 'prog' influences (if any)?

3) is what sebastian bach says about a 'trilogy' acurate?

4) can buckethead come back?

5) when can we hope to see the music video for 'better' and are you planning any others?

6) thank you for the best album in years ok
kastetbt
Opening Act

« Reply #166 on: December 15, 2008, 01:18:14 PM »

What was it like writing and recording with the amazing musicians on the new album?

Was there a lot of first takes that made it to the final mixes?
Death Cube K
« Reply #167 on: December 15, 2008, 01:34:16 PM »

I guess all questions have been asked. No point in asking if he prefers Diet or Classic Coke.  hihi

A merry christmas to you Axl and all the best to your family as well. Hope to see you on tour in 2009.
BigCombo
Rocker

« Reply #168 on: December 15, 2008, 01:52:03 PM »

1) What was your take on the Shaq/Kobe situation?  Do you think you could relate to either one of them in terms of what you went through?  Still a Laker fan?

2)  What hobbies do you have other than that music thing you do?
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #169 on: December 15, 2008, 01:54:09 PM »

hey axl
thanks for coming to the web sites.
do you ever want to settle down and start a family ?
cause the future needs more of you.have a great holiday and stay safe !
cya
horsey

the one an only horsey !
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #170 on: December 15, 2008, 01:57:59 PM »

Hello Axl, thanks a lot for answering fan questions.  I really appreciate you taking the time to answer questions from, in my opinion, the people who really matter to musicians, even if you necessarily don't answer mine.

1.) What do you think about the Red Hot Chili Peppers?  They are one of my favorite bands.  And I think I read that GNR played with them a few times.  Do you recall any memorable events from those show(s)?

2.) Why was Prostitute chosen to be the closer on the album?  Did you look at all the songs that you had recorded and decide while looking at them all or while it was being recorded did you and the band think "This would sound great as a closer"?
Sugartown
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #171 on: December 15, 2008, 02:14:21 PM »

Hey AXL first and for most I just want to say I have been a fan since im 6 yrs old and now 31.  I just want to simply state I appreciate your art and your words your a hell of a front man, amazing poet and probaly one of the most unique voices to date.  Congradulations on CD it really is a stellar body of work.   Im getting to my question but before I do  I really hope you get your ass back to montreal, just next time play the bell center..........

1. You seem to have a passion for nice cars so asides from lets say your ferrari or what ever your rocking, do you have any old scool american muscle torque machines.

2. What is the hardest song for you to sing live? Not emotionaly but vocally

Live and be well ,keep doing what you do and most of all thanks for the inspiration.

Razor

PS Not to rehash on old times & ol' memories but Paris Frannce 1992 you intro to Double talkin jive mother fucker was the best fuck you rant to anybody I have ever seen you not only put somone in there place to a sold out crowd you did it to the whole televised world...........Good on you mate your balls are surely plated in brass   peace
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 02:08:11 PM by Sugartown » Logged
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #172 on: December 15, 2008, 02:22:47 PM »

Axl please explain what happened at Philly.

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #173 on: December 15, 2008, 02:29:48 PM »

1. Axl, you've shown yourself to be a strong-willed and principled man, and it seems no one can drive you from your chosen course in life.  That is very respectable.  Outside of establishments, and wars, and other man-made issues, do you see a place for God in your life?

2. Knowing that Slash's book is mostly BS, I was just wondering, is the story about you jumping out of a moving car true?

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #174 on: December 15, 2008, 02:31:22 PM »

Axl if you come back my two questions are;

1. What was the inspiration behind "If The World" both lyrically and musically. I totally love it but would love to know more about the song.

2. Who's idea was the acapella at the begining of Scraped? Great song, love it when I'm on the running machine, gets me going!
JeDr
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #175 on: December 15, 2008, 02:32:26 PM »

Axl,

- What happened with your voice back in 2001/2002 that it sounded so different from the voice you have now or in the past? Did you do any training for it in between those years?
- What happened at the last VMA's GNR was present, how do you feel about it?

Tnx!

There are 40 million sheep in New Zealand...and they're PISSED OFF!!
IsraelGNR
Opening Act

Axl_Rose_in_Israel

« Reply #176 on: December 15, 2008, 02:56:03 PM »

greetings from Israel Axl!!!

I would like to ask you the following questions:

1)If you will have the chance to come to Israel and have a concert will you accept to have it here?

2)What happend at the concert in Israel Tel Aviv 93'(if Im not mistaken it was 93')? I wan't there(Im 17) but I was told that you had lack of enthusiasm... Can you come again and prove them all wrong? remember this question when you are offered to come again.

sincerly,
 IsraelGNR (real name-Ofek which means Horizen in english).
Thanks Axl for answering our questions and for keep on rocking, it means a lot for us.

"He promised never to leave me, never to leave me alone, no never alone, no never alone!"-Martin Luther King ,Jr

Don't ever leave us alone Axl!

Admin of the group "Guns N' Roses" on facebook.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #177 on: December 15, 2008, 03:34:27 PM »

1: please tell me the best drummer in the history of the planet (Brain), will be playing with the best frontman on the planet (you) again...!?

2: hey, Arnold is on the tv. are you still in contact with him?

3: also, who is the best lead guitarist of the past 20 years?

modified: is your cat fat and grumpy? one of mine are, but in a way, it just makes it mure fun to bug it!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 03:45:36 PM by Hillel H?tz » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #178 on: December 15, 2008, 03:43:13 PM »

Hi, Axl!

On RIR III you told us you've been taken care by a brazilian family for a long  time. That was one of the most emotional moments to Guns fans and maybe in the history of Guns live gigs. It was a great surprise to many of us brazilians that were unaware of that and at the same time it made us very proud of the Lebeis Family. So, please, if you can / want, tell us a bit about how much you've been influenced by any aspect of brazilian culture and other little things...

1) Do you know how to speak portuguese;  know/like any brazilian bands / artists / books / movies / cities / food / girls?  ok

2) Have you ever been here in other situations (beyond RIR II & III)?

3) Any chances of a faster tempo version of "Street of Dreams" in the future, like played on RIR 3 (include the "O.K., Nevermind" line, please)?

4) Who exactly are Renato and Zozi??

Thanks for everything! CD is awesome! Fuck the lame journalists!! When you come back here you'll have a crowd of 400k (twice as RIR 3 - if there's a venue that can hold that amount of people - maybe Copacabana Beach   smoking ).  beer

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
Thats_Called_The_Blues
Opening Act

« Reply #179 on: December 15, 2008, 04:07:20 PM »

HEY AXL...just a couple questions bro..

Since you are an official maritimer (HALIFAX, SAINT JOHN, ETC EASTCOAST CANADA) how come there was no collaborations with your boys the trailer park boys on CD?
can we expect to see any future collabs with them?

and SECOND, your the COOLEST motherfucker on this planet, what kind of cigarettes do u prefer and BONG OR JOINTS?  smoking

Thanks a million AXL, much love from MARITIMES!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: