Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 01:37:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I JUST BOUGHT CHINESE DEMOCRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I JUST BOUGHT CHINESE DEMOCRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 51367 times)
kanga
Opening Act

« Reply #220 on: November 23, 2008, 06:58:21 PM »

I just bought two copies, one for myself of course, but more importantly one for my son.  He has "appropriated" every one of my cds and Guns n' Roses T-Shirts over the years.  His last Christmas present to me was a set of Gn'R drinking glasses.  So, since he is a U.S. Marine serving in Iraq, I thought if I send his off to him tomorrow he might be one of the first serving over there to get the new CD.  He'll get a kick out of that.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #221 on: November 23, 2008, 08:08:33 PM »

just came back from best buy. Bought 4 LP's and 2 cds
my sister has the other cd
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #222 on: November 23, 2008, 09:07:00 PM »

Sounds wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better on cd and on a good stereo system than the shitty Myspace stream on shitty speakers!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Shit!!! After listening to the CD quality on a good speaker system, it made the album about 100% better. Also, it sounded amazing driving around to the songs instead of hearing them with my nose buried in a computer screen. This shit was made to be played loud and in public.
Shackler's Revenge sounds much better, especially the drumming during the insane solo. It sounds so radio friendly and melodic, yet very dark and heavy. The tune has grown on me; it has an It's So Easy vibe with the catchiness of Sweet Child O Mine, I'm loving it and I really think it could be a hit. I think it could easily be the next single. Holy Shit, I have to go now and listen to the CD again and finish my beer.
cyalex
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #223 on: November 23, 2008, 09:08:24 PM »

When can we get some sales number for the Album? Huh
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #224 on: November 24, 2008, 06:40:23 AM »

Didn't know where to put this so move if appropiate.

Bought the CD today and wanted to put it onto my Windows Media Player library but I can't get the tracklist or any album info to come up. I had to write all the information in myself, including the album cover. Tried the 'Find Album Info..' control but nothing came up.

Anyone else encounter this problem?

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
Frequent Flyer
Headliner

« Reply #225 on: November 24, 2008, 06:48:15 AM »

It's weird because when I put the album in my PS3 to get the music onto the hard drive, all the info was there. Album title, song names. Didn't have to search for the info or anything, seems like it was there on disc.
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #226 on: November 24, 2008, 06:48:38 AM »

Yep, I had to write the info myself too.

shit happens when you party naked
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #227 on: November 24, 2008, 07:28:13 AM »

i use itunes to rip it all the info is there
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #228 on: November 24, 2008, 08:42:06 AM »

Has anyone who pre-ordered not got their copy yet?!?!?

I haven't, and I'm pretty bloody annoyed. Not pre-ordering again, that's for sure. Anyone else having the same problem? ANOTHER DAY TO WAIT. 

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #229 on: November 24, 2008, 09:25:51 AM »

Got it this morning - GET IN!

ok

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
ledgo74
Opening Act

god of rock

« Reply #230 on: November 24, 2008, 09:55:27 AM »

cant believe im actually writing this but i have chinese democracy .this is so overwhelming and surreal .got mine from hmv queued up from 7am this morning best 2 hour wait ive ever had .thought id get through it okay until street of dreams come on (i still call it the blues) and all those years of hoping and praying poured out of me .it was the most emotional moment during any song ive ever had .thank you gnr for giving me my dream the wait was worth every second.
morokolli
Opening Act

it tastes good, don't it?

« Reply #231 on: November 24, 2008, 10:11:04 AM »

I haven't, and I'm pretty bloody annoyed. Not pre-ordering again, that's for sure. Anyone else having the same problem? ANOTHER DAY TO WAIT. 

I also pre-ordered, and thought that I'll wait patiently for Monday, since it didn't come on Friday. NOTHING!!! I'm really angry. I thought there would be benefits for pre-ordering! Never Again!!!!
morokolli
Opening Act

it tastes good, don't it?

« Reply #232 on: November 24, 2008, 10:16:29 AM »

I also pre-ordered, and thought that I'll wait patiently for Monday, since it didn't come on Friday. NOTHING!!! I'm really angry. I thought there would be benefits for pre-ordering! Never Again!!!!

Who did you pre-order from?

CDON.com (Finland) Now I wonder how much longer I've got to wait!
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #233 on: November 24, 2008, 11:10:05 AM »

I picked mine up @ 12:01AM at the HMV Superstore in downtown Toronto. I got the Fanpack (CD & T-Shirt) & a CD. There Vinyl order never arrived Sad
I'll have to try to get the Vinyl when I go to the mall tomorrow.

I listened to it in my Jeep on my 9 Speaker Boston Acoustics sound system - sounds great!

beer

I still haven't been able to find a Vinyl copy. Has anyone in the Toronto Area been able to find a Vinyl copy yet?

Also Windows Media Player STILL doesn't recognize the CD - I wonder when Chinese Democracy will get added to the database?

Huh

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #234 on: November 24, 2008, 11:50:44 AM »

what a day...

Vinyl delivered first thing this morning (I definately scared the postman..), bought cd from Woolworths (same very oldschool British chain i bought the Illusions at the day they came out), my best friend an GnR partner in crime came over and its been champagne and repeat all the way since...

TIred, drunk an emotional - congratulations Axl, Gn'R, really.... all i can say right now fellow gunners is  beer
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #235 on: November 24, 2008, 12:19:24 PM »

I picked mine up @ 12:01AM at the HMV Superstore in downtown Toronto. I got the Fanpack (CD & T-Shirt) & a CD. There Vinyl order never arrived Sad

I listened to it in my Jeep on my 9 Speaker Boston Acoustics sound system - sounds great!

beer

I still haven't been able to find a Vinyl copy. Has anyone in the Toronto Area been able to find a Vinyl copy yet?

Also Windows Media Player STILL doesn't recognize the CD - I wonder when Chinese Democracy will get added to the database?

Huh

HMV told me that the vinyl isn't out until December 2nd in Canada.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #236 on: November 24, 2008, 12:27:51 PM »

Picked mine up today at HMV, it was weird thinking how close I was getting to the album and then after all these years having it finally in my hands :> good times with GN'R

EEEERRRR Little boy
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #237 on: November 24, 2008, 12:55:05 PM »

Didn't know where to put this so move if appropiate.

Bought the CD today and wanted to put it onto my Windows Media Player library but I can't get the tracklist or any album info to come up. I had to write all the information in myself, including the album cover. Tried the 'Find Album Info..' control but nothing came up.

Anyone else encounter this problem?

Yeah Windows Media Player still hasn't updated their database...
 Angry

Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #238 on: November 24, 2008, 12:56:49 PM »

Damn finally, I have THE album!! After spending my weekend trying to persuade the music stores managers and ignorant employees to sell me the album earlier, I have finally bought it.
I went to the store at like 2pm, I tried to find it and it wasn't anywhere to be seen... no billboards, no ads.. nothing... I went to the most recent albums section.. nothing... Finally, I tried the hard rock section, searched for Guns N' Roses and there it was... ONE single copy of Chinese Democracy, just above the UYI 1... yes one copy you heard it right...
I just grabbed it with relief, searched the merch section  hastily and obviously no flags, no banners, no t-shirts pins whatsoever were to be seen...
As I left the store, the sun went away and it started raining like hell...I just thought "fuck that, I got the damn album!" and started laughing like an idiot  Grin).

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #239 on: November 24, 2008, 12:58:22 PM »

beer

Huh

HMV told me that the vinyl isn't out until December 2nd in Canada.

Interesting, the only thing that they told me was that they didn't get their shipment.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: