Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:50:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  LOST: Season 5 Thread! (U.S Pace so expect Finale talk)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: LOST: Season 5 Thread! (U.S Pace so expect Finale talk)  (Read 12839 times)
Evolution
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2009, 05:52:28 PM »

My Season 4 recap viewing begins tonight  Smiley
Annie
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2009, 06:06:56 PM »

I don't like what they have done to Jack's character. Jack needs to fix things. I just don't like how they turned him into an alcoholic.
Evolution
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2009, 09:02:17 PM »

I don't like what they have done to Jack's character. Jack needs to fix things. I just don't like how they turned him into an alcoholic.

Well, we haven't seen the full extent of his character arc yet. The Jack character's been pulled on such a downward curve so that the resultant upswing is that much more dramatic.

And well, he hasn't rescued everybody, which is what he said he would do since day one, he's found out he's left behind his step-sister, his relationship with Kate has totally broken down and he still hasn't found closure with his father. It's a wonder he's not on the hard drugs!
Evolution
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2009, 05:42:15 PM »

Right, so here's how this thread will hopefully go. It'll be United States pace, so when the episode airs on ABC it's fair game for here. Any spoilers such as the preview at the end of the episode or interviews for future episodes aren't cool.
Evolution
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2009, 06:30:51 PM »

Bloody hell, what a finale.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2009, 07:07:01 PM »

Aye. Though certainly one of the weaker seasons... A few of the episodes leading up to the finale were what I have come to term as shite.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Evolution
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2009, 08:06:07 PM »

This is madness! We got some centrics from characters that have been begging out for one. Miles, Faraday, Richard and now Jacob?

That's a fine run-up to me.
Evolution
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2009, 06:51:09 AM »

What a tantalising first scene the finale had, now that I look back. It was if they were discussing the entire show up to this point.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2009, 07:04:18 AM »

I'm yet to see the finale so I shouldn't really be here but what the heck.  I have found the lead-up "Ok".  I mean the quality does vary but for me has never slipped below good, it has lost some of its must see vibe definately but its still quality stuff.  Or maybe I just think that because I have been tortured with recents horrendous offerings from Red Dwarf and Prison Break  nervous the latter being hilariously horrendous and still watchable though.  Burrows is like Batista anyway thats waaay off topic. Erm, Charlie!
Evolution
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2009, 07:21:59 AM »

I'm yet to see the finale so I shouldn't really be here but what the heck.

Haha, that's why I keep posting quite cryptically, because I know you can't resist clicking these threads.
Annie
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2009, 08:39:56 AM »

The finale was a little lame, but I cried when Sawyer told Juliet that he loved her.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2009, 06:03:42 PM »

greatttttt. now we have to wait  till next season, to see what actually happened.

html sucks
Evolution
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2009, 06:19:28 PM »

To be fair, the reveal and then some of Jacob was a massive answer.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2009, 07:44:31 PM »

This is madness! We got some centrics from characters that have been begging out for one. Miles, Faraday, Richard and now Jacob?

That's a fine run-up to me.

Madness?

... Anyway. Bah!, madness is right. Maybe it is the networks fault (well, there is no real maybe about it) but the Faraday centric was the one hundredth episode, billed as Faraday revealing everything that he knows about the island... And he revealed fuck all! Little of much interest, anyway.

Oh, and the Richard centric episode was a total rip off !! It was only Richard centric by virtue of the fact that he was in it so much... We learnt absolutely sod all about him! But, hey, I'm not going to complain with anything that gets Richard more screen time.

I did concur about the finale though... Jacob was handled briliantly, the scene in the statue was still a slight cock tease, but to nowhere near the degree that the season one finish was!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2009, 07:49:21 PM »

Or maybe I just think that because I have been tortured with recents horrendous offerings from Red Dwarf and Prison Break  nervous the latter being hilariously horrendous and still watchable though. 

The less said about the former the better, but I am with you on the latter. I have thought that Prison Break has been consistently briliant... Sure, seasons 3 and 4 were never going to reach the dizzying heights of the first two seasons, but they were great fun.

And that's why Prison Break is good at what it does... Because it knows what it is supposed to do! It's stupid, but it is fully aware that it is stupid. Unlike 24, we don't get too much emotional crap shoved down our throat in a lame attempt to convince that this is anything than the lowest of brows.

But since Michael's mum was introduced, well... It had not only the first episode of Prison Break that I would consider actually bad (and we're talking mid day six 24 bad here), but a few of them in a row!

The finale was pretty good though... But I only found out after watching it that there is a straight to DVD movie !! (spoilers follow...)

, apparently showing how Michael dies. Now, call me stupid, but after the nose bleed on the beach I just assumed that his illness had returned... But, hey, maybe that was done just to clean up continuity for those who don't see the straight to dvd movie...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2009, 08:24:16 PM »

Bollocks! I haven't seen the Prison Break finale yet....I scroll to damn quickly.

Just watched the Lost Finale, it was alright, I couldn't help feeling we have been given so many good characters to near the shows end.  Jacob played by the dude from Dexter was extremely good I thought, the stuff with Jack though, I'm sorry but are they trying to make the character as unlikeable as possible?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2009, 07:12:54 AM »

Ahh fuck !!, thank you. That was driving me friggin' crazy. Rita's ex husband! I just couldn't place it in my mind... Fuck Lostpedia for not listing it when I checked, and fuck IMDB for not listing him as a cast member !!

Haha, man though... Paul was such a jackass, that has slightly ruined the character of Jacob for me...

... Damn my inability to differentiate between different characters played by the same actor!

Oh, and sorry for ruining Prison Break... That wasn't exactly the most concealed of spoilers.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2009, 07:29:05 AM »

... Damn my inability to differentiate between different characters played by the same actor!
...Well thats why as soon as I saw him my initial thought was, ok, Jacob is evil because this guy plays the jackass role.  hihi  Oops

And like I said to you, I made the mistake of watching 3 shows at once with people crossing over.  Reddick in Fringe/The Wire and Doman/Peters in The Wire and Damages.

I swear we drift so far off topic we could do with a thread called "TV Shows - Discuss all here...."  Tongue
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2009, 12:18:21 PM »

I loved the Jacob story and that was about it for this season finale. I hate that it seems as if they killed Juliet off - like her much better than Kate. Wish it would have been her that fell down the hole. I still love lost because it really gives you a lot of things to think about and much of the story relates to different books and ideas so you could theorize about what things mean but this whole last season seemed too predictable to me. Like I guessed that Widmore was Faraday's father and that was probably the only reveal of the whole season beside dead Locke being someone else. We still don't know why these people were chosen, why the dharma initiative chose to work on that island, who found it, how did the others get there, what are all the secrets about the island, who is smokey, who is jacob and the other guy, who are these new people, etc, etc. They have a lot of story telling to do for the final season and it better start answering some questions.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Evolution
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2009, 06:17:34 PM »

I think we got some relatively decent answers to some things this season. I'm expecting every episode in S6 to be answer packed though.

I'm really hoping they sign at the very least Richard Alpert to be a main cast member this year though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: